Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:21:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gauging Interest. For GPU Sales (Edited)  (Read 1228 times)
Joebrann (OP)

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 04:52:34 AM

You misunderstood me as it seems I did not say that they will know what you did everyday but if the last couple of changes on the card where from you overvolting/ overclocking then yes they can refuse it.

**snip**

Sorry to burst your bubble here, but unless you flash the BIOS to do your overclocking (which is a pretty obtuse way of doing it considering how many free overclocking/overvolting software tools are available), then they have no way to see what you've been doing. There are very few non-volatile memory chips on a graphics card, and they are all used for boot-up and initialization processes.

This is even more true when you consider what it is we're talking about happening. You're trying to say that in the micro-seconds prior to your card dying (in some way, be it gpu-die, memory-die, or power-supplying hardware related), the device just saves the previous settings and then kicks the bucket? I'm sorry, but paying for an "overclocking" warranty sounds to me like being taken for a ride. It might be quicker for you to walk in and swap the card out, but the speed of hardware replacement is all you're paying for.
Wow ok so when you let's say Radeon settings and you overclock it to whatever let's say 1200/1600.

You have it set right so when you turn it off and turn it back on the settings are still the same correct it does not reset it on you so sorry to burst your bubble it is setup to save your previous settings.

I hate when people write things and yet do not know what they are talking about.

The clocks are the same when you boot back up because the overclocking tool sets them to your defined setting after you log in. If you set clocks using software and then pull the card out and put it in a different computer, the clocks are back to the stock clocks described in the card's BIOS. I'm getting my masters in computer engineering, so I actually do know what I'm talking about. Spend more than 3 minutes researching this topic and maybe, just maybe, you'll have the "Aha!" moment and realize you have no clue what you're talking about.
Lol, sure I guess your right then since your going to school for it. Also I'm and glad to know that as soon as I turn my computer on yes it is still hooked up to the same computer but as the bios screen is still on and no user is even able to log in and you here your fan up to max like you had it setup before it went up it doesn't start up as stock it starts up where it was setup as previously hmm weird.

Also just like evga's official link then I through on here states any 3rd party application you use to overclock or whatever voids there warranty that's another hmm I don't know what I am talking about you must be right.

Like I stated before I am offering this to be fully replaced unless there is actually physical modding that was done water humidity any electrical damage ect will be replaced. You keep saying there is no problem rma'ing there will be no problem but there warranty states otherwise.

So like I said you don't have to want what I am offering but you are stating wrong facts against what the manufacturer warranty are saying on there official rules and terms and not a so called conversation from a person to a representative that doesn't make the decision or anything on if your RMA is approved.
Joebrann (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 04:59:39 AM

Also remember if your saying that there is no way to save information then how do they lock the GPU to only overclock so much unless you flash the bios? That information is saved on the GPU just saying last thing I'll say about it.
ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 05:16:04 PM

Look Joe. I'm not in here trying to shit post and just screw with you. I honestly believe that you're wasting money by paying for that service. That said, you're free to offer it to whomever will pay you for it. You are 100% correct when you say that EVGA (and most other manufucturers) do not cover overclocking. But since I've already shown there is no way for them to track your card usage, it's not a question of whether they will RMA it for you, it's a moral question of whether you should RMA the card that you just killed while violating the warranty.

Also, I've noticed how your arguments against mine are basically anecdotes about things you think are happening inside your computer. While that's awesome, I really suggest you do some research about the GPU boot process. Everyone's fan turns on to max when they turn their computer on because before the GPU bios load, there is no known fan profile (hasn't been loaded yet). In order to protect the card, it defaults to full steam ahead. Also, if you think a graphics card company would spend millions (or billions) of dollars in research, design, and implementation to add hardware to their products so they could catch the 1-in-10,000 user who kills their card with overclocking, then you need to seriously re-read that last sentence.

Anyway, I'm not going to post in here any more as I've said my peace. Best of luck selling your overclocking warranty service.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 07:48:11 PM

Look Joe. I'm not in here trying to shit post and just screw with you. I honestly believe that you're wasting money by paying for that service. That said, you're free to offer it to whomever will pay you for it. You are 100% correct when you say that EVGA (and most other manufucturers) do not cover overclocking. But since I've already shown there is no way for them to track your card usage, it's not a question of whether they will RMA it for you, it's a moral question of whether you should RMA the card that you just killed while violating the warranty.

Also, I've noticed how your arguments against mine are basically anecdotes about things you think are happening inside your computer. While that's awesome, I really suggest you do some research about the GPU boot process. Everyone's fan turns on to max when they turn their computer on because before the GPU bios load, there is no known fan profile (hasn't been loaded yet). In order to protect the card, it defaults to full steam ahead. Also, if you think a graphics card company would spend millions (or billions) of dollars in research, design, and implementation to add hardware to their products so they could catch the 1-in-10,000 user who kills their card with overclocking, then you need to seriously re-read that last sentence.

Anyway, I'm not going to post in here any more as I've said my peace. Best of luck selling your overclocking warranty service.

http://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=55

Overclocking our products does not void the warranty...

OP is just confused, he think physical damage mean components frying. Physical damage is taking a bat to it, or dropping it for example. OP also does not know what he is taking about.

You're right about the software/hardware part but now you're subscribing to OP's nonsense in an attempt to argument with him. At least keep it to fact if you're going to keep up with him.

Also remember if your saying that there is no way to save information then how do they lock the GPU to only overclock so much unless you flash the bios? That information is saved on the GPU just saying last thing I'll say about it.

When you enter logins, the OS (windows i guess here) is already running, otherwise you would not be able to login in the first place. Just saying. Its not saved on the GPU at all. You need to flash the BIOS to write information on the GPU.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Joebrann (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:00:55 PM

Ok, thanks guys for your input. 😁 much appreciated.
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 11:06:15 PM

Joe, bud. There is a difference between the BIoS / factory set settings in NVRAM vs the software/driver controlled settings when you make changes to it on your PC. Changes from the PC (Unless you use some wierd software to re-flash the BIoS) do NOT follow the card.
Meaning if you take an overclocked card out, put it into PC2, the settings go back to factory stock.

This is how they ALL work..

If anything though, this works in your favor in regards to getting warranty service down on them, so I'm not sure why the back and forth.  Cool

Go Big or Go Home.
Joebrann (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 05:33:50 AM

Joe, bud. There is a difference between the BIoS / factory set settings in NVRAM vs the software/driver controlled settings when you make changes to it on your PC. Changes from the PC (Unless you use some wierd software to re-flash the BIoS) do NOT follow the card.
Meaning if you take an overclocked card out, put it into PC2, the settings go back to factory stock.

This is how they ALL work..

If anything though, this works in your favor in regards to getting warranty service down on them, so I'm not sure why the back and forth.  Cool
I know what your saying.
Joebrann (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 12:55:24 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2016, 02:24:48 AM by Joebrann

Just for a little bump this warranty covers most broken pieces as long as you didn't dismantle yourself. Not going to go into what manufacturer's will cover or not that is up to you to look at there official terms and or to believe a so-called message between a person and a representative.

Most countries I can sell to you pay shipping also if anyone wants to know if this is true we will setup an escrow for them to verify as I will give them the info of who/where I'm going through.

Also this warranty is fully transferable even tho it's in house but that just ensures that there can never/or will be a problem.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 05:00:34 PM

Just for a little bump this warranty covers most broken pieces as long as you didn't dismantle yourself. Not going to go into what manufacturer's will cover or not that is up to you to look at there official terms and or to believe a so-called message between a person and a representative.

Most countries I can sell to you pay shipping also if anyone wants to know if this is true we will setup an escrow for them to verify as I will give them the info of who/where I'm going through.

Also this warranty is fully transferable even tho it's in house but that just ensures that there can never/or will be a problem.

Yes... the EVGA's official FAQ is merely a"so called message".

Its not a message its the official FAQ.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Joebrann (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:53:16 AM

Lol, please stop spamming I added the official link that clearly states any 3rd party clients to adjust the video card voids warranty and any damages to the card voids the warranty as well.

Thanks
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 05:36:21 PM

Lol, please stop spamming I added the official link that clearly states any 3rd party clients to adjust the video card voids warranty and any damages to the card voids the warranty as well.

Thanks

You know the GPU come with their own overclocking software. Right?
Thats not 3rd party. And physical damage is physical damage, not components burning out due to heat. Components burning out = something. Physical damage = something else.

You're in the computer hardware section anyways, not the service section (You're trying to offer a service, from a gimmick/ripoff shop to people). So if you actually want to go through with this, you're still posting in the wrong section.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Joebrann (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:54:05 AM

Here you are wrong again, I am selling the miner as well so I'm confused with just this service based thing you keep saying lol. Also I'm preety sure most people use 3rd party software for overclocking there GPU lots of people use MSI afterburner and if your using a gigabyte GPU that is a third party software if you use amd Radeon for you overclocking that is 3rd party software that's why you have to click through there terms that say that.

So again I am selling GPU's that are covered for most physical damage that may happen, and if you want to flash a new bios and you can't revert it it's still covered.

I'm confused as you say gimmicks where I'm offering the hardware and the protection plan. Also can offer the video cards without the warranty witch probably cheaper then most places.

Thanks,
Smiley
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 04:57:48 AM

...how me saying GPU come with their own proprietary overclocking software mean you're going to not use that one... = breaking ToS. You're changing your tune every single time. Either OC break ToS or it doesnt. You keep adding and removing condition to justify your logic.

Gimmick: selling replacement plans, when its already going to be replaced with the warranty for no additional cost.

You are not offering any price and i doubt you could sell under retail price since you're buying at a premium price on top of retail. But i'll give you the benefit of the doubt with what you can actually sell at what price.

And i'll do you a favor and just leave you alone. Talking to you is like talking to a wall, and you dont get a single thing i say so you think i'm spouting random things. I think there is no point in further discussion and its not like anyone is actually confused about what you are (not) offering here.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Joebrann (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 07:08:01 AM

Lol I am enjoying this so much. So anyway I'm glad I've changed what I've said multiple times lol.. I expressly love talking to you it gives me a smile.

So let me see if anyone is interested in this without my gimmick warranty lol.

MSI Radeon R9 390 GAMING 8GB GDDR5 PCI-e Video Card. 329$

Escrow welcomed you pay fee and shipping witch in the US will be around 5-10$
Joebrann (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 03:51:16 AM

Lol I am enjoying this so much. So anyway I'm glad I've changed what I've said multiple times lol.. I expressly love talking to you it gives me a smile.

So let me see if anyone is interested in this without my gimmick warranty lol.

MSI Radeon R9 390 GAMING 8GB GDDR5 PCI-e Video Card. 329$

Escrow welcomed you pay fee and shipping witch in the US will be around 5-10$
This is around 20$ or more cheaper then even new eggs price 329$ flat no taxes. Also a 25 day warranty this gives time to get it back to the store if I need to return it and receive a replacement. (Brand New)

Also please post what video cards your looking for and I will post the prices I can receive them at.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: