Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:41:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][♔] Britcoin.com | 5% annual PoS | Always on TOR [BRIT]  (Read 72232 times)
will7am
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 08:28:19 PM

We're still busy working on the fork.  Mammix has been helping out and has been implemented some fixes etc

No ETA yet but we're not far off. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jokowi

Activity: 867
Merit: 522

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 01:22:28 AM

We're still busy working on the fork.  Mammix has been helping out and has been implemented some fixes etc

OK.we're still wait your update
hugabase

Activity: 824

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 02:14:23 PM

We're wait the HOT fork britcoin!!!
candlesticks

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 01:09:50 AM

C-cex is staking customers PoS coins, and most likely dumping them on their exchange. When I questioned support about it, this was the response I got.

2016-07-19 14:35:42 C-CEX support
Usually we disable staking. But sometimes when wallet hangs or require resync our staff restart it and forget to disable it. If you don't want your coins staked - just keep them in your wallet.

http://imgur.com/a/EA1bK

Staking gets disabled in the .conf, so no need to disable it when wallet restarts. Funny how none of the other exchanges have this issue........

I got my first ban, after three years, for mentioning c-cex staking their coins. Perma-banned for saying they went to the dark side.

Not looking good, if you look at the what happened towards the end of Craptsy. Too many similarities, and too many scamcoins added each week, probably in house coins. No respectable exchange would list the crap they have lately. They have been listing coins with no block explorers........ Approach with caution!

If any of you have withdrawn from c-cex recently, check your transaction, and see if it came from a wallet that was staking.
I will be posting this in every PoS coin thread that is listed on c-cex.

Good luck with your coin. Maybe without c-cex dumping their stakes, there could be less sell pressure.

http://www.paycon.xyz/  Can you CON us? Try your luck at http://con-games.tk/con/blackjack Come chat with us on Slack
rghmodz

Activity: 625
Merit: 500

A Decentralised Hedge Fund

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 11:27:59 AM

Price is so low now. Time to buy some more.

britcoin3 (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 06:31:31 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2016, 10:12:56 AM by britcoin3

C-cex is staking customers PoS coins, and most likely dumping them on their exchange. When I questioned support about it, this was the response I got.

Usually we disable staking. But sometimes when wallet hangs or require resync our staff restart it and forget to disable it. If you don't want your coins staked - just keep them in your wallet.

Staking gets disabled in the .conf, so no need to disable it when wallet restarts. Funny how none of the other exchanges have this issue........

I got my first ban, after three years, for mentioning c-cex staking their coins. Perma-banned for saying they went to the dark side.

Not looking good, if you look at the what happened towards the end of Craptsy. Too many similarities, and too many scamcoins added each week, probably in house coins. No respectable exchange would list the crap they have lately. They have been listing coins with no block explorers........ Approach with caution!

If any of you have withdrawn from c-cex recently, check your transaction, and see if it came from a wallet that was staking.

Good luck with your coin. Maybe without c-cex dumping their stakes, there could be less sell pressure.

Thanks for the heads up.  I tried to check coins I'd withdrawn but CryptoBE wouldn't show me as the address had had too many transactions -(oo)-,

Reminder to keep voting at cryptopia.co.nz/Vote daily in the Free Votes section, for BRIT.  Cryptopia don't like coins with a large premine, ICO, or similar, but they've been known to make exceptions so I figure it doesn't hurt to try!  I think that either Cryptopia or C-cex will grow to be the third big altcoin exchange alongside Polo and Bittrex.

Sorry for the delay with the new wallets; I tried to do too many things at once (e.g. target blocktime change, now removed for the time being) and then ran into trouble testing them as the mining code had been removed from Britcoin 2.0, plus the wallets were lacking some common API calls.  Mammix2 is helping now though, and he's going to compile the Windows and Mac wallets again to save time, so they really should be just days away now :8]

Mo

peterw1234

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 06:55:44 PM

Thanks for the heads up.  I tried to check coins I'd withdrawn but CryptoBE wouldn't show me as the address had had too many transactions -(oo)-,

Reminder to keep voting at cryptopia.co.nz/Voting daily in the Free Votes section, for BRIT.  Cryptopia don't like coins with a large premine, ICO, or similar, but they've been known to make exceptions so I figure it doesn't hurt to try!  I think that either Cryptopia or C-cex will grow to be the third big altcoin exchange alongside Polo and Bittrex.

Sorry for the delay with the new wallets; I tried to do too many things at once (e.g. target blocktime change, now removed for the time being) and then ran into trouble testing them as the mining code had been removed from Britcoin 2.0, plus the wallets were lacking some common API calls.  Mammix2 is helping now though, and he's going to compile the Windows and Mac wallets again to save time, so they really should be just days away now :8]

Mo

Thanks for the update. Apparently someone is still dumping their coins, hopefully things will get better once the new roadmap and wallets are out. Roll Eyes
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 09:59:29 AM

Thanks for the heads up.  I tried to check coins I'd withdrawn but CryptoBE wouldn't show me as the address had had too many transactions -(oo)-,

Reminder to keep voting at cryptopia.co.nz/Voting daily in the Free Votes section, for BRIT.  Cryptopia don't like coins with a large premine, ICO, or similar, but they've been known to make exceptions so I figure it doesn't hurt to try!  I think that either Cryptopia or C-cex will grow to be the third big altcoin exchange alongside Polo and Bittrex.

Sorry for the delay with the new wallets; I tried to do too many things at once (e.g. target blocktime change, now removed for the time being) and then ran into trouble testing them as the mining code had been removed from Britcoin 2.0, plus the wallets were lacking some common API calls.  Mammix2 is helping now though, and he's going to compile the Windows and Mac wallets again to save time, so they really should be just days away now :8]

Mo

Thanks for the update. Apparently someone is still dumping their coins, hopefully things will get better once the new roadmap and wallets are out. Roll Eyes

Yea, I'm sure there are plenty of people happy to fill their bags at this price.

I finally moved in to my new place yesterday and I'm still getting settled, but now I'm hoping to get that development roadmap released around the same time as the new wallets..  In a few days. Smiley

britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 05:48:57 PM

Hello, we're going to try a simple way of mining the new coins, by intentionally creating our own fork.  We'd like to ask everyone to shut down their wallets by 8pm tonight UK time.  That's in 1 hour 10 mins.  (Note that the UK is not presently on GMT as it's summertime.)

We'll mine the new coins uncontested, wait for them to mature, then release the new wallets.

If you don't shut down your wallets, you may end up on the old fork and have to resync your blockchain.

Cheers,
Mo and Mammix2

fiftyseven

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:47:19 PM

Hello, we're going to try a simple way of mining the new coins, by intentionally creating our own fork.  We'd like to ask everyone to shut down their wallets by 8pm tonight UK time.  That's in 1 hour 10 mins.  (Note that the UK is not presently on GMT as it's summertime.)

We'll mine the new coins uncontested, wait for them to mature, then release the new wallets.

If you don't shut down your wallets, you may end up on the old fork and have to resync your blockchain.

Cheers,
Mo and Mammix2

I see you have told C-CEX as they're in maintenance. Good luck!

Might as well speak my brains now I'm typing on here. Have you guys thought of crowdselling the coins you create instead of just letting a guy have them all? That way you raise the investment and have a more engaged community?
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:58:46 PM

Cheers,
Mo and Mammix2

I see you have told C-CEX as they're in maintenance. Good luck!

Might as well speak my brains now I'm typing on here. Have you guys thought of crowdselling the coins you create instead of just letting a guy have them all? That way you raise the investment and have a more engaged community?

Yea c-cex have paused deposits and withdraws for now, just in case Smiley

I like the idea of crowdselling the forked coins, but as things stand the investor (and 5 or so of his colleagues that are involved) are going to get a share of the forked coins in return for investing directly in to development and marketing, and then there are 4 developers who will get a share.  So we have the financial clout from the get go and we have a number of developers who feel they have a decent stake in the project.

I understand things haven't been explained very well the last few weeks, which is entirely my fault but once the fork is live we can start the real work and progress this project! Smiley

britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 07:09:47 PM

The operation is in progress; please don't start up your wallets again until we give the say-so ;8] or you may have to resync the whole blockchain.

Mo

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:48:43 PM

Hope all goes well.

If anyone is staking, please stop.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

rghmodz

Activity: 625
Merit: 500

A Decentralised Hedge Fund

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 08:52:26 PM

That's great news! Good to hear.

britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 09:37:21 PM

Cheers,
Mo and Mammix2

Hello,

It didn't work unfortunately; the PoW difficulty was too high to mine anything in a reasonable time.

We'll see if we can do it in a different way over the next week or two.

You may reactivate your wallets now.  Sorry for the inconvenience :8[

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 12:53:26 AM

Cheers,
Mo and Mammix2

Hello,

It didn't work unfortunately; the PoW difficulty was too high to mine anything in a reasonable time.

Sucks man.. There's more than a few different ways to implement this fork and we chose the wrong one, we'll make sure next one works.  Well done to mammix for building in redundancy in to the roll out so we didn't disturb the original chain, we'll get there soon enough. Cheesy 

rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 12:59:37 AM

Cheers,
Mo and Mammix2

Hello,

Sucks man.. There's more than a few different ways to implement this fork and we chose the wrong one, we'll make sure next one works.  Well done to mammix for building in redundancy in to the roll out so we didn't disturb the original chain, we'll get there soon enough. Cheesy 

and..what progress of Fork..??
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 01:01:58 AM

Cheers,
Mo and Mammix2

Hello,

and..what progress of Fork..??

Are you asking what changes are included in the fork? Smiley

Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 01:49:50 AM

How is this different from Spaincoin, Mazacoin, Scotcoin, Auroracoin?

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 01:55:19 AM

How is this different from Spaincoin, Mazacoin, Scotcoin, Auroracoin?

With the exception of Auroa, it has the potential to be a national digital currency.. But with a much larger market Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: