Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:21:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][♔] Britcoin.com | 5% annual PoS | Always on TOR [BRIT]  (Read 72236 times)
britcoin3 (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2016, 09:39:27 PM

So what's the big plan next after the fork happens and the investors get the coins Roll Eyes?

In the short term, I would like to up the blocktime to 2 or 2.5 mins and set a maximum staking time. — Mo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fiftyseven

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 07:48:35 AM

Well it looks like the chain is stuck on the last block before the change. You did test the HF in testnet first didn't you?!
britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 08:54:26 AM

Well it looks like the chain is stuck on the last block before the change. You did test the HF in testnet first didn't you?!

Yup, and yes.

Running some investigations now to find out what went wrong.  Please hang tight!

britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 02:16:50 PM

Looks like the fork didn't work.  We have some idea of why, but we've decided to downgrade to Britcoin v3.0.0.1 for the time being.  Please:

1. Close your Britcoin v3.2 wallets.

2. Make a backup of your data directory, which you can find in these locations:

Linux:

~/.britcoin/

MacOS:

~/Library/Application Support/Britcoin/

Windows:

%APPDATA%\Britcoin

(This defaults to C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application data\Britcoin on Windows XP and to C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\Britcoin on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10.)

3. Resume running your Britcoin 3.0.0.1 wallets.  You should be able to pick up where you left off in terms of the blockchain.

Thank you once again for your patience, Brits!

rghmodz

Activity: 625
Merit: 500

A Decentralised Hedge Fund

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 06:40:28 PM

Looks like the fork didn't work.  We have some idea of why, but we've decided to downgrade to Britcoin v3.0.0.1 for the time being.  Please:

Linux:

~/.britcoin/

MacOS:

Windows:

%APPDATA%\Britcoin

(This defaults to C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application data\Britcoin on Windows XP and to C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\Britcoin on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10.)

3. Resume running your Britcoin 3.0.0.1 wallets.  You should be able to pick up where you left off in terms of the blockchain.

Ah okay! Good luck with fixing this issue.

will7am
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 09:59:54 PM

Looks like the fork didn't work.  We have some idea of why, but we've decided to downgrade to Britcoin v3.0.0.1 for the time being.  Please:

Linux:

~/.britcoin/

MacOS:

Windows:

%APPDATA%\Britcoin

3. Resume running your Britcoin 3.0.0.1 wallets.  You should be able to pick up where you left off in terms of the blockchain.

I've updated the links on the website etc, did it this morning but forgot to post here.

Really disappointed about the failed fork, but we'll see what went wrong and try again soon.

It worked fine on TestNet, just need to find out why not on live and go from there.

peterw1234

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 01:31:00 AM

Looks like the fork didn't work.  We have some idea of why, but we've decided to downgrade to Britcoin v3.0.0.1 for the time being.  Please:

Linux:

~/.britcoin/

MacOS:

Windows:

%APPDATA%\Britcoin

3. Resume running your Britcoin 3.0.0.1 wallets.  You should be able to pick up where you left off in terms of the blockchain.

I've updated the links on the website etc, did it this morning but forgot to post here.

Really disappointed about the failed fork, but we'll see what went wrong and try again soon.

It worked fine on TestNet, just need to find out why not on live and go from there.

Hope it is just a small issue and can be fixed real quick Roll Eyes
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 01:45:26 AM

Linux:

~/.britcoin/

MacOS:

Windows:

%APPDATA%\Britcoin

Yea I'm hoping it's not going to delay things too much.  Mogreen will be able to give us some insight in to what went wrong sometime tomorrow, and possibly a rough estimate on when we can try again. Smiley

jokowi

Activity: 867
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 02:16:07 AM

Yea I'm hoping it's not going to delay things too much.  Mogreen will be able to give us some insight in to what went wrong sometime tomorrow, and possibly a rough estimate on when we can try again. Smiley

Where's new update website..?
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 11:05:40 AM

I updated the wallet links yesterday, but I'm going to start working on the new official website (will take 1+ months to complete) and hopefully trying to acquire Britcoin.com or Britcoin.org once the fork happens and funding is available. Smiley

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 11:09:02 AM

I updated the wallet links yesterday, but I'm going to start working on the new official website (will take 1+ months to complete) and hopefully trying to acquire Britcoin.com or Britcoin.org once the fork happens and funding is available. Smiley

Hey,

Are you still using our hosting ? If so we can upgrade you if you want to have some more room to test/build.

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 11:15:19 AM

Hey,

Are you still using our hosting ? If so we can upgrade you if you want to have some more room to test/build.

Yep, still on your host. Smiley  Thanks for helping and for your offer, I'll be developing the new website locally but once it's ready we can upgrade if the offer is still open. Smiley

jokowi

Activity: 867
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 12:58:46 PM

Good report!!
fiftyseven

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 08:35:51 PM

C-Cex need to revert to the old version if you have a contact?
ziajok

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 02:38:37 PM

Linux:

~/.britcoin/

MacOS:

Windows:

%APPDATA%\Britcoin

Hi William.
Sorry for posting this here, but i am new to this forum.
I am having a problem with restoring my wallet from 2015.
I have made a backup file from the old one, but when restoring with the new wallet 3.2  i have 8o% of coins missing.

Any idea why?
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 03:39:47 PM

I assumed mogreen let them know, whether he forgot or they've just being slow is unknown right now :S

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 03:41:00 PM

Linux:

~/.britcoin/

MacOS:

Windows:

%APPDATA%\Britcoin

Hi William.
Sorry for posting this here, but i am new to this forum.
I am having a problem with restoring my wallet from 2015.
I have made a backup file from the old one, but when restoring with the new wallet 3.2  i have 8o% of coins missing.

Any idea why?

Hi mate,

You need to revert back to the v3.0.0.1 (available on britcoin.xyz) because we had issues with the latest version.  Hope this works, if not let me know. Smiley

britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 03:30:30 AM

I assumed mogreen let them know, whether he forgot or they've just being slow is unknown right now :S

Yup, I let them know immediately but they just took a short while to do it ;8]

BRIT/BTC market has been added to CoinExchange.io

https://www.coinexchange.io/market/BRIT/BTC

Smiley

Great, thanks for adding us :8]  Seems like a good place!

I have to ask Britcoin supporters to try to keep up the volume on C-cex for the moment though so we don't get targeted for delisting.

Looks like we're safe on C-Cex for now, so don't be afraid to set some buy orders on coinexchange.io — You might get some cheap BRIT.

britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 12:00:52 PM

Someone on the network is running v3.2.0.0 -- Please stop and run v3.0.0.1 for now.

britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2016, 04:57:54 AM

I'm running tests of our new version sometimes between my two computers so can't always stake for real.  Please keep the chain running by staking if you can!

— Mo

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: