Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:42:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][♔] Britcoin.com | 5% annual PoS | Always on TOR [BRIT]  (Read 72244 times)
britcoin3 (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2016, 05:01:01 AM

Guide to installing on a Linux (Ubuntu) VPS.  Edited with new Github source code location and to use the bitcoin ppa for Berkeley DB instead of compiling from source.  I think the ppa is probably easier, but take a look at the original unedited post if you want to see the other method.

If compiling Britcoin 3 from source, you must use Berkeley DB 4 (e.g. 4.8) and not 5.

Here are some sample commands for how to get going on an Ubuntu VPS.  Note that you need over 1GB RAM to compile Britcoin because of the TOR stuff.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libevent-dev
apt-get install git

git clone https://github.com/britcoin3/britcoin3.3.git
apt-get install nano
sudo apt-get install gcc
sudo apt-get install openssl
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev
sudo apt-get install g++

sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev

cd britcoin3.3/src
make -f makefile.unix

./britcoind -daemon

That gives you a suggested username and password.

nano ~/.britcoin/britcoin.conf

Put these in the text file:

rpcuser=that username you just got
rpcpassword=that password you just got

./britcoind -daemon

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 09:11:28 PM

I got this error:

Code:
build/compat_libevent.o: In function `tor_gettimeofday_cache_clear':
/home/leigh/build-britcoin-qt-Qt_4_8_6_in_PATH_qt4-Debug/../britcoin3.3/src/tor/compat_libevent.c:638: undefined reference to `event_base_update_cache_time'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [britcoin3.3.0.2] Error 1
21:10:13: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
Error while building/deploying project britcoin-qt (kit: Qt 4.8.6 in PATH (qt4))
When executing step "Make"

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2016, 09:53:26 PM

I got this error:

Code:
/home/leigh/build-britcoin-qt-Qt_4_8_6_in_PATH_qt4-Debug/../britcoin3.3/src/tor/compat_libevent.c:638: undefined reference to `event_base_update_cache_time'
Error while building/deploying project britcoin-qt (kit: Qt 4.8.6 in PATH (qt4))

So you're compiling the GUI then?  Try just the britcoind (in the src folder) first; see how that goes.

QT 4.8.6, that's strange.  You want to be using something between QT 5.2 and 5.5.

For the GUI, you might need:

sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools

EDIT: You may also need libevent for either daemon or GUI, though that was already in the instructions:

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 04:20:26 AM

I got this error:

Code:

So you're compiling the GUI then?  Try just the britcoind (in the src folder) first; see how that goes.

QT 4.8.6, that's strange.  You want to be using something between QT 5.2 and 5.5.

For the GUI, you might need:

sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools

EDIT: You may also need libevent for either daemon or GUI, though that was already in the instructions:

Now I get this:

Code:
compat_libevent.c:(.text+0x909): undefined reference to `event_base_update_cache_time'
00:07:56: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
Error while building/deploying project britcoin-qt (kit: Desktop Qt 5.2.1 GCC 32bit)

I tried to install libvent and it said I already have the newest version?

Code:
leigh@mintBox ~/britcoin3.3/src $ sudo apt-get install libevent-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
libevent-dev is already the newest version.
0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 176 not to upgrade.

I get the same error when I try to run britcoind too.

Code:
/home/leigh/britcoin3.3/src/tor/compat_libevent.c:638: undefined reference to `event_base_update_cache_time'
make: *** [britcoind] Error 1

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2016, 12:02:31 PM

Now I get this:

Code:
compat_libevent.c:(.text+0x909): undefined reference to `event_base_update_cache_time'
00:07:56: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
Error while building/deploying project britcoin-qt (kit: Desktop Qt 5.2.1 GCC 32bit)

I tried to install libvent and it said I already have the newest version?

Code:
leigh@mintBox ~/britcoin3.3/src $ sudo apt-get install libevent-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
libevent-dev is already the newest version.
0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 176 not to upgrade.

I get the same error when I try to run britcoind too.

Code:
/home/leigh/britcoin3.3/src/tor/compat_libevent.c:638: undefined reference to `event_base_update_cache_time'
make: *** [britcoind] Error 1

Well, let's focus on just the britcoind for now.  What do you run to cause you to get that last error there?  Let's take this to e-mail, and if something's wrong with the instructions I can add to them or change them.

britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2016, 08:14:22 PM

Just installed on two more VPSs... Here are some better instructions for compiling britcoind on an Ubuntu VPS.

I was doing it as root so didn't care whether I used sudo or not.

sudo apt-get update

apt-get install git

git clone https://github.com/britcoin3/britcoin3.3.git

apt-get install nano

sudo apt-get install gcc

sudo apt-get install openssl

sudo apt-get install libssl-dev

sudo apt-get install g++

sudo apt-get install software-properties-common

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev

sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev

cd britcoin3.3/src
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-

./britcoind -daemon

nano ~/.britcoin/britcoin.conf
(Paste in the stuff you were just given when you tried to run britcoind)

./britcoind -daemon

will7am
Legendary

Activity: 973

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 10:16:53 PM

I'm happy to announce that we've acquired Britcoin.com! Smiley

I'm going push on with development of the new official website next week onwards, with the aim of launching sometime in January 2017.

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 11:18:06 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2016, 07:12:27 PM by leigh2k14

I'm happy to announce that we've acquired Britcoin.com! Smiley

I'm going push on with development of the new official website next week onwards, with the aim of launching sometime in January 2017.

Cool job mate!

Much more professional than britcoin.xyz  Grin

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 07:20:31 AM

Remember all the buzz of the Bank of England announcing they were looking in to making their own Britcoin:

http://www.livebitcoinnews.com/bank-of-england-and-house-of-lords-to-discuss-creation-of-britcoin/

It will be interesting to see what they decided on?

As long as they remember we had the name Britcoin first, there's not much they can do about that.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 12:49:17 PM

A quick update for everyone.

Development of the new official website is coming along, hoping it will be live sometime mid January.

We have also launched Britchain.org as we needed a new explorer!

Mogreen is making good headway on the new desktop and mobile wallets! Smiley

Will.

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 12:55:33 PM

Development of the new official website is coming along, hoping it will be live sometime mid January.

Will.

Awesome, nice work! Looking forward to the new wallets!

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
peterw1234

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 04:46:51 AM

Will.

Nice progress! Good work Roll Eyes
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 11:38:12 AM

Will.

Nice progress! Good work Roll Eyes

Thanks lads.  The next 6 months are really crucial for Britcoin, there's a lot of dev work to be done so we're all gonna be going at it full force to make sure we meet the targets set out in the roadmap. The new wallets, web services, infrastructure etc.

Once the new wallets (mobile especially) are ready we're going start our marketing campaign.  If anyone has any creative marketing ideas I'd love to hear them.  One of my ideas is to get a load of "Britcoin accepted here" stickers made and then get a few local merchants to accept Brit as a method of payment, then get in touch with local media outlets and try and get some coverage for the project.

In the long term I'm hoping new marketing campaigns (and much more) can be funded directly from the Britcoin blockchain via a 2nd tier network, where new ideas are proposed and get voted on and funded based on how much support it has.  As long as people are willing to work for Britcoin I think it will work. Smiley

liberatorium

Activity: 99

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 05:09:21 PM

sounds all good, nice to see there is progress and active development.

but most importantly imo, is to get brit listed on a legit exchange.
c-cex is all scam run by thieves. coins go missing and tickets never replied to
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 05:59:56 PM

Once the new wallets (mobile especially) are ready we're going start our marketing campaign.  If anyone has any creative marketing ideas I'd love to hear them.  One of my ideas is to get a load of "Britcoin accepted here" stickers made and then get a few local merchants to accept Brit as a method of payment, then get in touch with local media outlets and try and get some coverage for the project.

I'd be more than happy to have some CoinFest scratch cards at the CoinFestUK, they went down very well with a lot of positive feedback at the last event! We have several hundred given away. It would be best to work with retailers who already accept Bitcoin as half the challenge is already complete but I like your ideas.

In the long term I'm hoping new marketing campaigns (and much more) can be funded directly from the Britcoin blockchain via a 2nd tier network, where new ideas are proposed and get voted on and funded based on how much support it has.  As long as people are willing to work for Britcoin I think it will work. Smiley

Sounds like an awesome idea! Keep us posted

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
inspectorgadget

Activity: 131

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 06:51:53 AM

Coinitrage.com Arbitrage Firm now accepts BRIT!

Live chat support is now available on-site to BRITR users, or forum support is also available on our BitcoinTalk ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1725963.0

Please note that while we offer services with BRIT, we are not directly affiliated with the developers of the coin. Please read our Terms of Service before using the Coinitrage Arbitrage Platform!
peterw1234

Activity: 181

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 12:29:08 AM

sounds all good, nice to see there is progress and active development.

but most importantly imo, is to get brit listed on a legit exchange.
c-cex is all scam run by thieves. coins go missing and tickets never replied to

Agreed, but we probably will not get enough volume to keep on it now Undecided
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 12:55:34 AM

how to get sync britcoin wallet..??
britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2016, 02:17:40 AM

More info pls.  PM if you want.

Have you started syncing?  What's the problem?

rghmodz

Activity: 625
Merit: 500

A Decentralised Hedge Fund

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 04:12:00 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2016, 01:06:40 PM by rghmodz

More info pls.  PM if you want.

Have you started syncing?  What's the problem?
Is there a node list? I have 0 connections so can't sync.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: