Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:20:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][♔] Britcoin.com | 5% annual PoS | Always on TOR [BRIT]  (Read 72236 times)
will7am
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 01:01:48 PM

Still looking for someone with some illustration skills, willing to pay of course! Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wedice

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 01:02:17 PM

sounds great Smiley Smiley Smiley
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 01:05:44 PM

Also looking for some to help test the new paper wallet generator.  I have no printer! lol Cheesy

spartanrules

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 04:18:28 PM

Also looking for some to help test the new paper wallet generator.  I have no printer! lol Cheesy

I've a printer if you need help testing the new paper wallet.  Smiley
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 05:45:31 PM

Ok, I've tested it to the point that I can recover wallets from paper to desktop client, but I've yet tried to print off the fancy design one.

https://britpaper.org/

Can you try printing one off and recover some coins from it?  Maybe even post a pic if you can Smiley

Thanks!

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 05:51:33 PM

Ok, I've tested it to the point that I can recover wallets from paper to desktop client, but I've yet tried to print off the fancy design one.

https://britpaper.org/

Can you try printing one off and recover some coins from it?  Maybe even post a pic if you can Smiley

Thanks!

Btw I wouldn't suggest anyone tries this service with any large amount of coins, it still needs to be tested before being declared safe. Smiley

spartanrules

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 10:07:41 AM

I've tested the printing of the paper wallet. Came out very well.  Wink

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 03:24:19 PM

I've tested the printing of the paper wallet. Came out very well.  Wink

Thanks mate, much appreciated!  Glad to hear it's working alright and you can recover.  Wouldn't want anyone losing any BRIT because of my mistake Cheesy

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 12:20:55 PM

Still looking for a designer to make an illustration / infographic for the new official website.   Other than that the site is almost ready! Cheesy

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 12:28:50 PM

New official website (Britcoin.com) will be going live this Friday, get hyped Cheesy

If anyone wants a sneak preview and give some feedback then PM me.

spartanrules

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 03:18:50 PM

New official website (Britcoin.com) will be going live this Friday, get hyped Cheesy

I'll wait for the big day mate.
Looking forward to it.  Wink
rghmodz

Activity: 625
Merit: 500

A Decentralised Hedge Fund

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:13:42 PM

Great news! Can't wait to see it! From what I have seen before it looks amazing!

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 02:28:26 PM

Great news! Can't wait to see it! From what I have seen before it looks amazing!

Not long now, just going over everything a few times to make sure everything's ok.  Hoping it will be live in the next few hours! Cheesy

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:53:19 PM

As promised the big day is here and the new official website is up and running;

Britcoin.com

There will be further development and new features added in the coming months, so any ideas on what you'd like to see would be much appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who helped (too many to list) getting the domain and website online, it has taken awhile but I think it was worth it..  Time will tell Smiley

All the best and go BRIT! Cheesy

fiftyseven

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 07:54:30 PM

Britcoin.com

There will be further development and new features added in the coming months, so any ideas on what you'd like to see would be much appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who helped (too many to list) getting the domain and website online, it has taken awhile but I think it was worth it..  Time will tell Smiley

It's really nice and has a level of attention to detail that's lacking in lots of coins. I love it!

The explorer (britchain) seems to be down btw, not sure who controls that.

Fantastic work mate. Britcoin all the way!
britcoin3 (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2017, 08:17:46 PM

No statement yet from C-Cex about CloudBleed, but I see they have a CloudFlare certificate, so please change your C-Cex passwords!

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:21:58 AM

Britcoin.com

It's really nice and has a level of attention to detail that's lacking in lots of coins. I love it!

Thanks mate, glad you like it! Smiley

Britchain.org is still offline, we got it working on a test server but when we moved to the live server it kept crashing.  Still trying to figure out why Sad

britcoin3 (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 09:42:40 PM

I've noticed that the max coin supply (of 20 or 30 million coins) was never properly set, not even in Britcoin 1, so I plan to release a fix for that.

I can easily cap it at 30 million and have already written code to do that.

Does anyone have any thoughts about a "tail emission" to keep a smaller amount of coins being made for much longer after the 30 million limit is reached?  What form should such a tail emission take?  0.5% annual interest rate?  0.05%?

Monero has a tail emission, as does Dogecoin.  The reason tail emissions may be good is because:

- They encourage people to keep staking even after the main emission.  (Without a tail emission, stakers only get the transaction fees of transactions they include in the blocks they create.  But what happens if there are hours without any transactions?  One might give up and stake a different coin instead.)
- Perhaps they help to restrict transaction fee inflation.  ("I'm already getting money from staking so I guess I don't need to increase my fees  Smiley" )  Cash is one of the payment methods that Britcoin will compete with, which presently has zero fees (until cash machine operators decide to increase the fees).
- They can compensate for lost supply.  Some Britcoins are lost every year, on purpose or by accident.

Mo

peterw1234

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 08:19:06 AM

Britcoin.com

Agreed. Nice work! We just need a better exchange now to possibly grab more attention Roll Eyes
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 04:08:52 PM

I've noticed that the max coin supply (of 20 or 30 million coins) was never properly set, not even in Britcoin 1, so I plan to release a fix for that.

I can easily cap it at 30 million and have already written code to do that.

Does anyone have any thoughts about a "tail emission" to keep a smaller amount of coins being made for much longer after the 30 million limit is reached?  What form should such a tail emission take?  0.5% annual interest rate?  0.05%?

Monero has a tail emission, as does Dogecoin.  The reason tail emissions may be good is because:

- They encourage people to keep staking even after the main emission.  (Without a tail emission, stakers only get the transaction fees of transactions they include in the blocks they create.  But what happens if there are hours without any transactions?  One might give up and stake a different coin instead.)
- Perhaps they help to restrict transaction fee inflation.  ("I'm already getting money from staking so I guess I don't need to increase my fees  Smiley" )  Cash is one of the payment methods that Britcoin will compete with, which presently has zero fees (until cash machine operators decide to increase the fees).
- They can compensate for lost supply.  Some Britcoins are lost every year, on purpose or by accident.

Mo

It's going to take a long time before 30m available supply is reached.  So with that in mind I'm going to say 0.05%, unless you can think of a reason why that's too low/high Cheesy

Agreed. Nice work! We just need a better exchange now to possibly grab more attention Roll Eyes

Thanks Peter Cheesy

I'm hoping to get BRIT trading on livecoin.net soon, the listing fee is 2 BTC so I have to justify the cost before moving forward.  Hopefully if things go to plan it will be listed sometime next week, then I will get BRIT/GBP trading on Cryptomate.co.uk.  This will hopefully give Britcoin a bit more accessibility, since we'll have GBP/EUR/BTC deposit options, rather than just c-cex. Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: