Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:55:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][♔] Britcoin.com | 5% annual PoS | Always on TOR [BRIT]  (Read 72234 times)
peterw1234

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 04:13:57 AM

I've noticed that the max coin supply (of 20 or 30 million coins) was never properly set, not even in Britcoin 1, so I plan to release a fix for that.

I can easily cap it at 30 million and have already written code to do that.

Does anyone have any thoughts about a "tail emission" to keep a smaller amount of coins being made for much longer after the 30 million limit is reached?  What form should such a tail emission take?  0.5% annual interest rate?  0.05%?

Monero has a tail emission, as does Dogecoin.  The reason tail emissions may be good is because:

- They encourage people to keep staking even after the main emission.  (Without a tail emission, stakers only get the transaction fees of transactions they include in the blocks they create.  But what happens if there are hours without any transactions?  One might give up and stake a different coin instead.)
- Perhaps they help to restrict transaction fee inflation.  ("I'm already getting money from staking so I guess I don't need to increase my fees  Smiley" )  Cash is one of the payment methods that Britcoin will compete with, which presently has zero fees (until cash machine operators decide to increase the fees).
- They can compensate for lost supply.  Some Britcoins are lost every year, on purpose or by accident.

Mo

It's going to take a long time before 30m available supply is reached.  So with that in mind I'm going to say 0.05%, unless you can think of a reason why that's too low/high Cheesy

Agreed. Nice work! We just need a better exchange now to possibly grab more attention Roll Eyes

Thanks Peter Cheesy

I'm hoping to get BRIT trading on livecoin.net soon, the listing fee is 2 BTC so I have to justify the cost before moving forward.  Hopefully if things go to plan it will be listed sometime next week, then I will get BRIT/GBP trading on Cryptomate.co.uk.  This will hopefully give Britcoin a bit more accessibility, since we'll have GBP/EUR/BTC deposit options, rather than just c-cex. Smiley

Sounds like a good plan. Is there a particular reason to get Brit listed on livecoin.net but not others?
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
will7am
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 11:18:01 AM

I've noticed that the max coin supply (of 20 or 30 million coins) was never properly set, not even in Britcoin 1, so I plan to release a fix for that.

I can easily cap it at 30 million and have already written code to do that.

Does anyone have any thoughts about a "tail emission" to keep a smaller amount of coins being made for much longer after the 30 million limit is reached?  What form should such a tail emission take?  0.5% annual interest rate?  0.05%?

Monero has a tail emission, as does Dogecoin.  The reason tail emissions may be good is because:

- They encourage people to keep staking even after the main emission.  (Without a tail emission, stakers only get the transaction fees of transactions they include in the blocks they create.  But what happens if there are hours without any transactions?  One might give up and stake a different coin instead.)
- Perhaps they help to restrict transaction fee inflation.  ("I'm already getting money from staking so I guess I don't need to increase my fees  Smiley" )  Cash is one of the payment methods that Britcoin will compete with, which presently has zero fees (until cash machine operators decide to increase the fees).
- They can compensate for lost supply.  Some Britcoins are lost every year, on purpose or by accident.

Mo

It's going to take a long time before 30m available supply is reached.  So with that in mind I'm going to say 0.05%, unless you can think of a reason why that's too low/high Cheesy

Agreed. Nice work! We just need a better exchange now to possibly grab more attention Roll Eyes

Thanks Peter Cheesy

I'm hoping to get BRIT trading on livecoin.net soon, the listing fee is 2 BTC so I have to justify the cost before moving forward.  Hopefully if things go to plan it will be listed sometime next week, then I will get BRIT/GBP trading on Cryptomate.co.uk.  This will hopefully give Britcoin a bit more accessibility, since we'll have GBP/EUR/BTC deposit options, rather than just c-cex. Smiley

Sounds like a good plan. Is there a particular reason to get Brit listed on livecoin.net but not others?

I thought livecoin.net because they have different fiat deposit options - most importantly EUR, which would allow people to send SEPA deposits.

But last night I checked out what it takes to deposit EUR via SEPA and they really make it ridiculously difficult, they ask you for links to forum profiles and screen shots of trades on other exchanges etc. (https://ctrlv.cz/shots/2017/03/03/El5X.png)

So this is not really a viable option for people new to Britcoin and crypto in general, the reason I want an exchange that allows fiat deposits (GBP or EUR) is because when I tell people they need to buy Bitcoin to buy Britcoin it confuses them. Cheesy

I've been reaching out to different exchanges all week, we'll see what comes of it.  Do you have any in mind? Smiley

penambang

Activity: 548
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2017, 01:09:21 PM

I thought livecoin.net because they have different fiat deposit options - most importantly EUR, which would allow people to send SEPA deposits.

But last night I checked out what it takes to deposit EUR via SEPA and they really make it ridiculously difficult, they ask you for links to forum profiles and screen shots of trades on other exchanges etc. (https://ctrlv.cz/shots/2017/03/03/El5X.png)

So this is not really a viable option for people new to Britcoin and crypto in general, the reason I want an exchange that allows fiat deposits (GBP or EUR) is because when I tell people they need to buy Bitcoin to buy Britcoin it confuses them. Cheesy

I've been reaching out to different exchanges all week, we'll see what comes of it.  Do you have any in mind? Smiley

How about changelly.com? they accept visa/mastercard
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 01:29:41 PM

How about changelly.com? they accept visa/mastercard

Great suggestion but sadly I think Changelly works in the same way shapeshift.io does, they fill orders directly from the sell order books on large exchanges such as Poloniex or Bittrex.  Without being on one of these two exchanges I don't think it can work, we'll get there one day though.

Once we do manage to get on an exchange with SEPA deposits I will get BRIT listed on Cryptomate.co.uk and see if the guys from Bitty and BitBargain will do so as well.  This would mean easy access for UK users, using UK instant bank transfer to directly purchase BRIT. Smiley

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 06:49:33 AM

As promised the big day is here and the new official website is up and running;

Britcoin.com

There will be further development and new features added in the coming months, so any ideas on what you'd like to see would be much appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who helped (too many to list) getting the domain and website online, it has taken awhile but I think it was worth it..  Time will tell Smiley

All the best and go BRIT! Cheesy
Well done Will, it's nice to see Brit progressing, it wasn't that long ago that this coin was dead, now I see a bright future ahead.

Next stop Live coin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

vhong

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:13:43 AM

Britcoin.com

There will be further development and new features added in the coming months, so any ideas on what you'd like to see would be much appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who helped (too many to list) getting the domain and website online, it has taken awhile but I think it was worth it..  Time will tell Smiley

Well done Will, it's nice to see Brit progressing, it wasn't that long ago that this coin was dead, now I see a bright future ahead.

Next stop Live coin.

There are only few coins found success  after failure. I hope BRIT will bounce back stronger than ever.
greenmo

Activity: 194

Mo Green

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 01:10:55 PM

Next stop Live coin.

rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 01:46:51 PM

good starting!!ENGLAND...Geronimo!!!
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 02:09:00 PM

Britcoin.com

Next stop Live coin.

There are only few coins found success  after failure. I hope BRIT will bounce back stronger than ever.

Yea there was a time when even I thought Britcoin was dead.  I think the main problem coins run in to is there's only so much time and work people are willing to for free, luckily for us we've secured development funding that's enabling us to move forward with things.

The future is bright for Brit, really looking forward to the coming months Smiley

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 04:00:24 PM

Next stop Live coin.

I've been reaching out to different exchanges all week, we'll see what comes of it.  Do you have any in mind? Smiley

Hmm,  that does change things.

Trex still a viable option? It will be interesting to see if they still have some Brit in their old wallet.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

peterw1234

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:14:32 PM

Next stop Live coin.

I've been reaching out to different exchanges all week, we'll see what comes of it.  Do you have any in mind? Smiley

Trex still a viable option? It will be interesting to see if they still have some Brit in their old wallet.

I was just thinking those bigger exchanges like Poloniex or Bittrex. Not sure what exchange allows easy fiat deposits tho
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 01:45:28 PM

Next stop Live coin.

I was just thinking those bigger exchanges like Poloniex or Bittrex. Not sure what exchange allows easy fiat deposits tho

Yea Bittrex is still an option, although they only allow USD deposits from US customers if I remember correctly.  Not sure about Polo, I'm gonna assume they'll want to see some decent volume on other exchanges first.  Mo will prolly know the answer to that, as Piggy is traded on Polo.

I'm still waiting to hear back from some exchanges I emailed last week, if nothing comes of it I think Bittrex might be our best choice. Smiley

britcoin3 (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 03:01:58 PM

Updated the OP a little bit and fixed that broken image Cheesy

peterw1234

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 03:27:07 AM

The link to "Visit Britcoin.com for more information!" is not right
britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2017, 10:57:50 AM

The link to "Visit Britcoin.com for more information!" is not right

Bugger, fixed that just now.. Good spot Cheesy

britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 03:45:53 PM

We're hoping to have BRIT trading on Cryptomate.co.uk by the end of the week, if not early next week.

This means users can buy and sell via instant bank transfer within the UK! Smiley

fiftyseven

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:34:20 PM

We're hoping to have BRIT trading on Cryptomate.co.uk by the end of the week, if not early next week.

This means users can buy and sell via instant bank transfer within the UK! Smiley

Just in time for article 50 being triggered next Wednesday!
britcoin3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 08:21:09 PM

General update - 23rd March 2017

Wallet development

Thanks to the BRIT community on being patient about these.  We cannot release new mobile or desktop wallets yet because they depend on an Electrum server, and there's a bug in the Britcoin Electrum server where it becomes unresponsive after a while.  We're still trying to sort this out but hope to have it done soon.

Due to the time lost to this bug, the new desktop wallet will just be a 'Lite' Electrum wallet of the kind you've seen in some other coins, rather than than an entirely new beast.  (We need to get a desktop wallet with SPV functionality and deterministic addresses completed as per the roadmap before the end of the period for which the investor gave funding.)  So you'd have a choice between our standard TOR-using desktop wallet that downloads the blockchain and stakes, or the Lite wallet that isn't on TOR by default and can't stake, but doesn't need to download the blockchain.

There is also a new version of the standard desktop wallet due for release with a small tail emission and minor visual improvements, as soon as we can manage to get it compiled for Windows and Mac.

Website

We have a new website at Britcoin.com; check it out!  You'll note it also links to a paper wallet and brain wallet generator (Services->Offline Storage).  Be very careful with brain wallets -- It's easy for a computer to try so many different phrases to guess your passphrase and take your coins.

Exchanges

It is expected that we will be added to the UK fiat->crypto gateway Cryptomate next week.  Please support the buy walls on C-Cex and CoinExchange to help give buyers more predictable and reasonable prices!

peterw1234

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 07:17:39 AM

General update - 23rd March 2017

Wallet development

Thanks to the BRIT community on being patient about these.  We cannot release new mobile or desktop wallets yet because they depend on an Electrum server, and there's a bug in the Britcoin Electrum server where it becomes unresponsive after a while.  We're still trying to sort this out but hope to have it done soon.

Due to the time lost to this bug, the new desktop wallet will just be a 'Lite' Electrum wallet of the kind you've seen in some other coins, rather than than an entirely new beast.  (We need to get a desktop wallet with SPV functionality and deterministic addresses completed as per the roadmap before the end of the period for which the investor gave funding.)  So you'd have a choice between our standard TOR-using desktop wallet that downloads the blockchain and stakes, or the Lite wallet that isn't on TOR by default and can't stake, but doesn't need to download the blockchain.

There is also a new version of the standard desktop wallet due for release with a small tail emission and minor visual improvements, as soon as we can manage to get it compiled for Windows and Mac.

Website

We have a new website at Britcoin.com; check it out!  You'll note it also links to a paper wallet and brain wallet generator (Services->Offline Storage).  Be very careful with brain wallets -- It's easy for a computer to try so many different phrases to guess your passphrase and take your coins.

Exchanges

It is expected that we will be added to the UK fiat->crypto gateway Cryptomate next week.  Please support the buy walls on C-Cex and CoinExchange to help give buyers more predictable and reasonable prices!

Nice. Is everything going as planned on the roadmap? Do you mind upload the roadmap to the website or OP? People might wonder what direction Brit is going Wink
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 11:23:33 AM

Just in time for article 50 being triggered next Wednesday!

It's live now (and yesterday Smiley) but don't want to publish until tomorrow, as many vendors need to sync with the Brit network and signup to c-cex etc.

https://cryptomate.co.uk/buy-britcoin/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: