Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:18:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][♔] Britcoin.com | 5% annual PoS | Always on TOR [BRIT]  (Read 72234 times)
peterw1234

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 04:13:51 AM

Hello folks, allow me to introduce myself as a new Britboy helping out with press & P.R.

My credentials include working for the BBC World Service in the 90s & as a NYSE reporter in the 00s. Until recently I ran a jazz and chamber music record label and London concert series. I am semi retired and spend most of my time playing poker, trading crypto currencies and mining Burst.

Here are a few of the ideas I've discussed with Will7am and I welcome any feedback you have on them. Although I'm aware Brit is a technical marvel with it's ecological proof of stake, 0.5% interest etc... it needs other qualities to distinguish itself from the 600+ alt coins out there. Best achieved, I reckon, by association with fundamental British values like justice & fair play, free speech & democracy. Amnesty International was founded in Britain, we could set them up a wallet for donations. We might also do the same for key UK charities like NSPCC, RSPCA etc.

Obviously wallet downloading and usage is our top priority and increased public awareness of Brit is critical to achieve that. With Brexit in full swing the timing is excellent for media stories we can infiltrate to gain exposure. So as key Brexit events horizon we should be looking to get press, perhaps starting with 23rd June, our so-called ‘Independence Day’.

Identify with the British sense humour. First thing I did when I came across Britcoin was smile. Although I said we should ride Brexit, I'd rather do it in a Pythonesque manner than a UKIP assault. An independent Britain needs an independent currency! (Stole that T-shirt idea off Will7am). Long term we might hope the BBC enables red nose donations via Britcoin, but short term could we find a cash strapped comedy outfit that needs a wallet - something like Shit-faced Shakespeare!

A faucet to get free Brits - Will is working on getting us onto cryptogiveaways.org. Free stuff always attracts attention.

If we could get a renowned British restaurant to accept Britcoin that would be cool. I'll try my posh local fish & chips place, Geales. You should all get out there and try your favourite eateries - anything from full fry-up type cafes to Ottolenghis and gastro pubs. Obviously a mobile wallet will help here.

A couple of the more wacky ideas I had are borrowing Marvel Comic's Captain Britain as a publicity image, at least until their lawyers take notice and a tie up with Trump coin during the Donald's visit later this year.

So I'm happy to be aboard the good ship Brit, look forward to exchanging ideas with you, and hopefully add some value to this coin.
ATB, Richard

Welcome aboard Smiley Britcoin definitely needs a PR person

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hallum

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 10:57:02 AM

It is quiet here . I can not see many updates from Dev.
this project needs more promotions to boost it up, dev
will7am
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 08:45:26 PM

Yea development of the new wallets is taking a bit longer than expected, sorry about that. In the meantime things are being done behind the scenes.

Once the new wallets are ready we can move forward with things. Smiley

peterw1234

Activity: 181

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 07:24:58 AM

Yea development of the new wallets is taking a bit longer than expected, sorry about that. In the meantime things are being done behind the scenes.

Once the new wallets are ready we can move forward with things. Smiley

Seems like the new wallets have been taking a while, hope everything is going well Roll Eyes
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 10:20:23 AM

Coinnomi added brit?

https://twitter.com/CoinomiWallet/status/870431785653596161

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

fiftyseven

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 11:26:19 AM

Looks like it but I just downloaded the Android app and it's not in there yet. Will keep checking. Guessing Google haven't updated yet.

Edit: Yes, waiting on Google: https://twitter.com/CoinomiWallet/status/870447780032126976

Good news! We'll have a mobile wallet!!
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:11:12 PM

Looks like it but I just downloaded the Android app and it's not in there yet. Will keep checking. Guessing Google haven't updated yet.

Edit: Yes, waiting on Google: https://twitter.com/CoinomiWallet/status/870447780032126976

Good things come to those who wait.

I have to say fiftyseven, you've hung in there with brit, I have a feeling we will all be rewarded one day Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

fiftyseven

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:28:22 PM

Good things come to those who wait.

I have to say fiftyseven, you've hung in there with brit, I have a feeling we will all be rewarded one day Smiley

I'm always pleasantly surprised to connect to 10+ nodes when running the wallet, seems I'm not the only one.

We just need a bit of exposure and boom, in this climate, there would be a huge surge in interest I'm sure!
fiftyseven

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:41:28 PM

Got the update, confirmed mobile wallet for Brit! Nice!

Tested receiving and sending to/from QT wallet and C-CEX and worked flawlessly.

More images: http://imgur.com/a/ClrUb
rejosh

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:36:19 PM

Its nice to see 675% increase in last 7 days. I wish i hold the 10000 coins i sold for £60 .

████████
         ██████████████
     ████████   ████████
  ███████               ███████
██████                     ▀███▀
████                               
██                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████                     ▀████████
██████                     ▀██████
  ███████               ███████
     ████████   ████████
         ██████████████
               ████████

GoNetwork=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
[
]
[
]

▄ 
                          ▄▄███
                    ▄▄█▀▀  ██
              ▄▄█▀▀     ██▌
        ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀   ██
 ▄▄█▀▀     ▄█▀     ▐██
██     ▄██▀          █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀       ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄    ███
     █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
      █▄█▀

▄███▄▄   ▄
  ██                           ██████████▀
  ████▄                   ███████████▀
   ▀████████▄▄     ███████████
  ▄▄███████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
        ███████████████████
           ▀███████████████▀
              ▄███████████▀
   ▄▄█████████████▀

nter]
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:32:25 PM

Its nice to see 675% increase in last 7 days. I wish i hold the 10000 coins i sold for £60 .
Nice, Brit has over a 1M marketcap.

I can't say just yet but there might be some good news for Brit in the coming weeks. HODL.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Ethirald

Activity: 129

Vulverant omnes, ultima necat.

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:02:26 AM

Whenever i will go in Britain i just want to pay with this coin.
I just bought few!
greenmo

Activity: 194

Mo Green

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 10:23:49 AM

Fellow Britians,

The six months for which the investor gave funding have passed, and as we didn't have things such as SPV wallets with HD addresses by the deadline, it isn't clear if he'll continue funding this Britcoin revival project.

In any case, I've lost motivation to continue so I think now is a good time for me to leave.  I hope that I am replaced as soon as possible.  They say it's never a good time to leave, but I feel I am enabling the investor to keep underfunding and undersupporting this project by carrying on working and paying for things myself, so perhaps this can spur change.  Please consider the Coinomi integration my parting gift, which paves the way for future Britcoin SPV wallets based off the ElectrumX technology, bypassing the issues I had getting Electrum servers to work with Britcoin.

I'll just keep the seed nodes running, and I ask the community to keep the chain going by staking using the 3.3.0.2 and 3.3.0.3 wallets.

Mo
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:38:03 AM

Fellow Britians,

The six months for which the investor gave funding have passed, and as we didn't have things such as SPV wallets with HD addresses by the deadline, it isn't clear if he'll continue funding this Britcoin revival project.

In any case, I've lost motivation to continue so I think now is a good time for me to leave.  I hope that I am replaced as soon as possible.  They say it's never a good time to leave, but I feel I am enabling the investor to keep underfunding and undersupporting this project by carrying on working and paying for things myself, so perhaps this can spur change.  Please consider the Coinomi integration my parting gift, which paves the way for future Britcoin SPV wallets based off the ElectrumX technology, bypassing the issues I had getting Electrum servers to work with Britcoin.

I'll just keep the seed nodes running, and I ask the community to keep the chain going by staking using the 3.3.0.2 and 3.3.0.3 wallets.

Mo

Really sad to hear you're leaving piggu - Britcoin wouldn't be here without you so you'll be really missed.

Hopefully one day you'll be willing to rejoin and but until then I wish you all the best with your endeavours! Smiley

Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:52:19 PM

It's all about dem coins.

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:02:01 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2017, 07:11:33 PM by leigh2k14

Fellow Britians,

In any case, I've lost motivation to continue so I think now is a good time for me to leave.  I hope that I am replaced as soon as possible.  They say it's never a good time to leave, but I feel I am enabling the investor to keep underfunding and undersupporting this project by carrying on working and paying for things myself, so perhaps this can spur change.  Please consider the Coinomi integration my parting gift, which paves the way for future Britcoin SPV wallets based off the ElectrumX technology, bypassing the issues I had getting Electrum servers to work with Britcoin.

Mo
Sorry that you had to pay for that your self, I can understand why you feel the need to leave.

Sad to see you go mate.

Leigh.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

britcoin3 (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 03:48:05 PM

Just one more thing: We need everyone who stakes to be on v3.3.0.3 going forwards.  There are too many reports of people falling out of sync after staking on older versions.  To that end I've gotten a Mac version of 3.3.0.3 produced, which you can find a link to in the OP (page 1 of this thread).  Thanks to MystPhysX for compilation and patcrypt for testing.

Oink,
Mo

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:52:15 PM

Just one more thing: We need everyone who stakes to be on v3.3.0.3 going forwards.  There are too many reports of people falling out of sync after staking on older versions.  To that end I've gotten a Mac version of 3.3.0.3 produced, which you can find a link to in the OP (page 1 of this thread).  Thanks to MystPhysX for compilation and patcrypt for testing.

Oink,
Mo

Well done Mo, I'll update site today..  And a few other changes. Smiley

rbcarruthers

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:43:02 AM

Some good news Smiley

- We're on Coingecko.com - an excellent place to follow all your favourite alts on one page
- Network very healthy - 36 active connections in the wallet
- We're on Coinomi's wallet - take your BRITS shopping wherever you go

Be the first to get such announcements by following our new Twitter account: @BritcoinPR
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 01:23:00 PM

Some good news Smiley

- We're on Coingecko.com - an excellent place to follow all your favourite alts on one page
- Network very healthy - 36 active connections in the wallet
- We're on Coinomi's wallet - take your BRITS shopping wherever you go

Be the first to get such announcements by following our new Twitter account: @BritcoinPR

We're slowly getting there, we might have some good news soon, that should help the price a bit Smiley

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: