Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:38:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][♔] Britcoin.com | 5% annual PoS | Always on TOR [BRIT]  (Read 72236 times)
peterw1234

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:22:38 AM

This coin is 100% dead. Nothing is happening. No announcements. No nothing. DEAD

Seems like it Undecided Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jan_dG

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:34:38 PM

Fuck britcoin.
If you buy it you are guaranteed to lose your money.
There is virtually no trade.
The small group of people behind it always offers much less than the current value.
You buy britcoin, but you can never sell it again ...
Only with great loss.
Do not start ... I've known Britcoin for several months now, I lost a lot.

You can only lose, believe me, it is a clever scam system.
This is a warning.
hasJack

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:50:30 PM

Its sad to read comments like this but I am not surprised it is the perception. Literally nothing appears to be happening.

I believe in it though and have registered some URL's to hopefully give the current team a bit of competition. After all it is an open source project and therefore up to all who hold this currency to try and do something about it.

I have started up a slack channel here and all are welcome who wish to discuss with me the future of this crypto:

https://britcoin.slack.com/join/shared_invite/enQtMjgwNTcyMTkzOTg2LTcyMjgwMjZlNDAyOTY4ZTViZTRmODU3NDc5NGE5MDdmNDkxNTNhOTZmYWI2NmNmMzUxZmMyMTczOThjNzFmY2M

I'll be around mostly during UK office hours.

Lets all put our heads together as I really believe this crypto has a future and I am keen to try and get some of the programming going again. Its actually a really well put together wallet.
will7am
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:07:02 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2017, 06:52:57 PM by will7am

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of communications.  I've been quite busy recently, on Britcoin and other projects.  I've been to a few promising meetings lately and hopefully we can secure the funding for development and more.

In the meantime Leigh setup a slack channel for every one to use, so if you want to reach me join in and say hello! Smiley

https://britcoin.slack.com/join/

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:19:25 PM

Fuck britcoin.
If you buy it you are guaranteed to lose your money.
There is virtually no trade.
The small group of people behind it always offers much less than the current value.
You buy britcoin, but you can never sell it again ...
Only with great loss.
Do not start ... I've known Britcoin for several months now, I lost a lot.

You can only lose, believe me, it is a clever scam system.
This is a warning.

Up to you, sell your BRIT.  No one is stopping you..  I'll be happy to buy them. Smiley

As for "scam", funny how when the price goes up no one says that..  Only when the price goes down  Huh

penambang

Activity: 548
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 06:11:07 PM

block explorer hosting will be expired in a week. too bad there's only paypal payment available.
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:22:51 PM

block explorer hosting will be expired in a week. too bad there's only paypal payment available.

Which one mate? Smiley  I'll top it up.

penambang

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 04:23:56 PM

Which one mate? Smiley  I'll top it up.
Code:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/brit/
Driendy

Activity: 334
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:42:00 PM

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of communications.  I've been quite busy recently, on Britcoin and other projects.  I've been to a few promising meetings lately and hopefully we can secure the funding for development and more.

In the meantime Leigh setup a slack channel for every one to use, so if you want to reach me join in and say hello! Smiley

https://britcoin.slack.com/join/

Hi mate , glad to hear that you are guys still working on it and on top there was some meetings but If I may share a bit from my experience and background , here the funding alone is not sufficient. You are sitting on an explosive cash mine but you need to move hard to make it blow otherwise is not going to happen never ever.

1st work less but smart - a lot of serious projects are left to fall because they are run by 2-3 people that worked hard for some time but the market failed to recognise which meant they felt it is above and beyond . I kind of feel it is your case . Yes it is important to develop but we talk about global private currencies here and this cannot be successful if you focus on how to make it successful by yourself  fro here my second point

2nd involve and team up. Teaming up with people that want to take the lead , have great ideas but at the end will take the credit from you guys , it is very important . It's like trading , you have to accept that in order to succeed you have to loose . You need to forget to make it your success stories but this will always be the team success stories and only then I guaranty you will see maybe this at 1,2 or 5 dollars

Basically delegate both points above are the leading to the same : team up with big people and share credit

3th. The other thing is to make it really a British coin you need to associate this to something local. This can be a local charity . Let's say a small percentage of the benefits go to one leading name. Anyway , you have 30 mln active market here , make it somehow popular here so people take in on board as there is some connection with Britain . Just the name and the flag are not sufficient

I hope it helps  , good luck and looking forward to hear the news you mentioned here .
penambang

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 03:15:53 AM

hasJack

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:51:10 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 11:47:29 PM by hasJack

Driendy - I completely hear you regarding funding. It isn't enough and can actually get in the way of things if not focussed in precisely the right areas. A project needs to grow organically. The slack channel we set up has been really useful for bashing heads together and although amazing amounts of energy went into the project earlier this year, the Britcoin project has found renewed energy now the world is waking up to the many obvious benefits of blockchain.

For my part I can bring to the table Tech Lead / Senior Dev experience on Halfords, Volkswagen UK, Dyson, Tottenham Hotspur, Rebel Kitchen and Trumpton. I describe myself as a creative technologist and am a big fan of the Britcoin brand, the product and the potential for its next development iteration throughout 2018. My hope is that over time this type of direct action is, as you say, more valuable long term than any cash amount that can get chewed up all too quickly, and evaporate in "marketing", nice plants for the office etc. If it comes in it would need to be focussed on dev and purely dev. Although I think it would be fair to say that Britcoin finds itself in a position many cryptocurrenices would bite your hand off to be in we have identified some key areas where focus is required:

britcoin.com - not selling the brand as well as it could - and could be doing less more effectively
iOS / Android - currently Britcoin is only supported via Coinomi on Android. In theory a react / redux front-end client for a BRIT mobile application shouldn't be too much effort and is, to my mind, the biggest blind spot currently
procurement - c-cex is clearly an unstable, insecure, poorly put together platform and, although you can also sign up at coinexchange.io not everyone wants to go through the rigamarole of signing up to a trading platform. To this end we are also looking at a more consumer-focussed angle that allows people to buy BRITs and help them to understand the underlying concepts and potential of blockchain should they wish.

Your modern project needs 2 things: good coders and people to run facebook Smiley

I hate writing in the future tense so come armed with a link that I have been developing: https://britcoin.direct - that will enable people to buy and sell BRITs in sterling via a secure socket.io platform with launch planned for January 2018. (I'll check back here when early access becomes available)

Good idea regarding charities - I know Will reached out to some via Twitter over the weekend.
bairdpalate

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:02:32 AM

I will follow closely
rinsitah

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:05:41 AM

I wonder if Jan_dG is still watching...
Seems the price is pumping at the moment... I've taken some good profits on this run.
Its about patience.
Sure the volume is low, but I didn't have any difficulty setting a trade at the level I wanted and it getting filled within a few hours.
I suppose it depends when you bought in... Same with any coin.

Keep up the good work.
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:22:10 PM

Hey guys, just a quick message to see if anyone here would like to become a vendor account to sell BRIT/GBP (and others) on Cryptomate.co.uk?  As things are there's a lot of orders going unfilled!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JZPFSJSVXrq-C0JGdRhRuWH3oi-BeSx7wRXBANSt0MM/viewform?edit_requested=true

Fill the form above out and mention your from BCT! Smiley

will7am
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:53:02 PM

Hey guys, some good news to share with everyone.  Cheesy

We recently had a productive meeting with our financial backers and I'm happy to announce over the next few months we're going to we working (and delivering!) the following for Britcoin:

1.  Standalone mobile wallets for Android and iOS (more details coming soon)

2.  Instant syncing electrum desktop wallets

3.  A dedicated team of people to develop, update and promote Britcoin.com

There are a few other things which I don't want to mention just yet, will post here when I can confirm they're happening!

All the best and a big thanks to everyone who's working to help move this project forward!! Smiley

Will.

NGWM

Activity: 61

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:33:09 PM

3.  A dedicated team of people to develop, update and promote Britcoin.com

Hi Will,

please make sure to present you and your team on your website, this will give real sustainability and trust in BRIT/Britcoin.com

Good Luck! Advance and become successful!

I cross the fingers...
mossimo32001

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:29:28 PM

pool?

No multipool yet!

Such good!
How to mine?

Mining period has finished.  New coins are made through 'staking' existing coins now.  You do this by leaving your wallet open and unlocked with coins in it for at least 12 hours.

Hi Guys Smiley, I just downloaded Britcoin wallet v.3.3 the latest one and synced fully as a node. as per the website, before transferring anything to the wallet, i have to secure it....but i failed to secure it by encrypting it first and go straight received funds. did i made a mistake? am i going to lost my coins. what do the encrypt actually do... and how can i stake my coins? Thanks for the kind feedback, im just excited maybe for my new coins and i forgot to read and failed to understand the manual in the website.
Hidavynara

Activity: 170
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:31:23 PM

Do you planning ATMs in our county?
9Bank

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 10:08:34 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 06:02:24 AM by 9Bank

Any signature campaign going on here? Made two wallets already but downloaded full blockchain both times. I tried bootstrap.zip and unzipped it to the Britcoin folder but must have done (something) wrong so am just syncing again. Too bad it takes nearly two days; can someone expand on this subject? Huh

edit: It's not a bad coin and all these wallets are about the same as LTC so what's the fuss not calling any of these the next Litecoin?

fiftyseven

Activity: 427
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:04:55 PM

Marked for delisting on C-CEX yet again!

Will mystery benefactor step in and churn the volume like usual?!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: