Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:35:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] OPHION - A Secure, Anonymous & Decentralized Market |CROWDSALE LIVE|  (Read 15849 times)
senyorito123

Activity: 1764
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:16:29 PM

Looks like a nice altcoin however the price increase every week looks a little aggressive. Is there a fixed price the coin will launch at or will the demand at the time of the launch determine the launch price ?

The demand at launch will price and the aggressive price increase is to give early investors a great value. Although there is still major potential for those who invest in any of the weeks to get a great value out of Ophion.

does the price really rises each week pass?  and for price rise weekly its very nice just like almost double our investment in 1 week past, what if the ico is finish is this coin continue to rise or remain stable?

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Hazelnutter (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 12:30:31 PM

does the price really rises each week pass?  and for price rise weekly its very nice just like almost double our investment in 1 week past, what if the ico is finish is this coin continue to rise or remain stable?

The price does really rise each week due to the ICO, and it depends on the demand of the coin. Our trading platform should be really inviting since there is not currently one out there, so I personally believe that the price should rise.

❰❰ OPHION ❱❱▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨ A SECURE, ANONYMOUS & DECENTRALIZED MARKET ▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨❰❰ OPHION ❱❱
TRADE GOODS OR SERVICES ■NO LOGGING - AT ALL■ 2 OF 3 MULTISIG AUTOMATION ■SELLER/BUYER RATING SYSTEM■ AND MANY MORE
❰❰▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❰❰ JOIN THE CROWDSALE ❱❱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❱❱
dukektm

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:51:07 PM

dev I have sent you PM.
thank you

Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 01:19:50 PM

Dev I have sent you PM.
thank you

Thank you for your watchful eyes, the issue you found could have potentially been really costly to the project.
It has been solved.

-David Ladner

❰❰ OPHION ❱❱▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨ A SECURE, ANONYMOUS & DECENTRALIZED MARKET ▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨❰❰ OPHION ❱❱
TRADE GOODS OR SERVICES ■NO LOGGING - AT ALL■ 2 OF 3 MULTISIG AUTOMATION ■SELLER/BUYER RATING SYSTEM■ AND MANY MORE
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 01:44:07 PM

Quote to Meg: #174

Glad to hear that the Ophion owner contacting exchange services to add ophion to their service.
this is a realy exiting news for me. I'll really look forward for that.

(I don't know why but I can't quote any post in this thread)
nejibens

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 03:26:31 PM

Personally i predict a shining future for the Ophion marketplace, as it is having powerful features making it totally different from the other known marketplaces online like Ebay, Amazon and so on.
And as it's supporting Bitcoin i think the community will support and advertise it as requested, because we need really such market supporting Bitcoin.
Andeze17

Activity: 650
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 04:34:47 PM

Agree, I think it is these kind of marketplaces that will eventually take crypto to the mainstream.
dukektm

Activity: 690

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 04:57:27 PM

Dev I have sent you PM.
thank you

Thank you for your watchful eyes, the issue you found could have potentially been really costly to the project.
It has been solved.

-David Ladner
no problem

keep up the good work!  Smiley

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 05:58:37 PM

Personally i predict a shining future for the Ophion marketplace, as it is having powerful features making it totally different from the other known marketplaces online like Ebay, Amazon and so on.
And as it's supporting Bitcoin i think the community will support and advertise it as requested, because we need really such market supporting Bitcoin.

Even though I love the effort put forth by the devs, I still remain optimistically skeptical about the whole thing.  Bitcoin has been proven to not be the least bit anonymous and getting more and more easier to track by governing authorities, as you can see from Coindesk's recent article, "New York police win FinCEN award for Bitcoin investigations" ... I just don't see why you should run on the backbone of something that has been proven to reveal identities of people time and time again.  But I like the initiative to start the trial runs of something like this.

Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 07:26:39 PM

Even though I love the effort put forth by the devs, I still remain optimistically skeptical about the whole thing.  Bitcoin has been proven to not be the least bit anonymous and getting more and more easier to track by governing authorities, as you can see from Coindesk's recent article, "New York police win FinCEN award for Bitcoin investigations" ... I just don't see why you should run on the backbone of something that has been proven to reveal identities of people time and time again.  But I like the initiative to start the trial runs of something like this.

Chennan,

I'm fascinated by what you have to say and in the process have asked myself a lot of questions and you are right... very right in fact.

We have yet to start full development, so ideas can evolve and we can change some aspects to the whitepaper whilst keeping an asset/coin system and adhering to what has been bought in ICO so far so the same value applies to the new system.

I want ideas from people here as full development is going to start very soon.

Bitcoin was made to be open and provable, but does that have to be the case with this?
We have a number of obstacles to overcome.

a. If we Don't use the Bitcoin network or another network, we would need our own. This would require a system to prove transactions and keep the network running. Maybe some PoW CPU based.
b. Would we need to show transaction db (blockchain), as long as our network could read it, it could be encrypted and only show address -> address transactions.

We could make this a lot more secure if we were to use our own codebase, it would just take longer development... It would satisfy me as I have built the network I have always dreamed off. We could keep the same features and even add more. We wouldn't need to rely on third party API's like counterparty or third party networks.

Please everyone let me know what you think, we could do this from scratch, As for development time I couldn't tell you right now, I would need to hire more developers. But I am happy to.

Please let me know people, do you want to continue with Bitcoin/API approach? or create our own secure network?

-Sebastian

chennan
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 07:47:21 PM

Even though I love the effort put forth by the devs, I still remain optimistically skeptical about the whole thing.  Bitcoin has been proven to not be the least bit anonymous and getting more and more easier to track by governing authorities, as you can see from Coindesk's recent article, "New York police win FinCEN award for Bitcoin investigations" ... I just don't see why you should run on the backbone of something that has been proven to reveal identities of people time and time again.  But I like the initiative to start the trial runs of something like this.

Chennan,

I'm fascinated by what you have to say and in the process have asked myself a lot of questions and you are right... very right in fact.

We have yet to start full development, so ideas can evolve and we can change some aspects to the whitepaper whilst keeping an asset/coin system and adhering to what has been bought in ICO so far so the same value applies to the new system.

Bitcoin was made to be open and provable, but does that have to be the case with this?

a. If we Don't use the Bitcoin network or another network, we would need our own. This would require a system to prove transactions and keep the network running. Maybe some PoW CPU based.
b. Would we need to show transaction db (blockchain), as long as our network could read it, it could be encrypted and only show address -> address transactions.

We could make this a lot more secure if we were to use our own codebase, it would just take longer development... It would satisfy me as I have built the network I have always dreamed off. We could keep the same features and even add more. We wouldn't need to rely on third party API's like counterparty or third party networks.

Please everyone let me know what you think, we could do this from scratch, As for development time I couldn't tell you right now, I would need to hire more developers. But I am happy to.

Please let me know people, do you want to continue with Bitcoin/API approach? or create our own secure network?

-Sebastian

Well... I do think it would be in good interest for the security of the network to be reliant on it's own backbone.  I understand why you would want to be on Bitcoin's large and prominent network for the sake of not having to worry about getting people to run nodes and mine, but again, the aspect of remaining anonymous is another thing. 

So while you can start developing your own code from scratch, you have to understand the implications of what this would/could do to what you already have in place... if you are considering having a PoW network, then obviously this crowdsale seems a little bit silly if you want to attract people to point there miners over this way.  BUT, you might want to consider trying to see if you can implement a way to run the code through one of the more popular cryptonote coins... Monero, Dash, etc. ...

Now, in terms of cryptonote coins, I have more trust in Monero personally because Dash relies on masternodes, which could significantly reduce the security & reliability of the network for multiple reasons and also Monero has a pretty active dev team working on leading edge stuff such as RingCT. But that's just how I view things... I think the community should definitely take part on what they/we want in their network.

Regardless it's a tough decision, but I would highly suggest doing something different in terms of relying on Bitcoin's blockchain.

Nameless Coin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 07:47:58 PM

Chennan,

-Sebastian

Well you have to be realistic.
How much time would the project be delayed if we do it the 'good way' Because yes a own secure network is the way to go.

A system with potential should Never depend on another system. Vulnerable systems have no future...
BombayChicken

Activity: 269

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 08:14:54 PM

Chennan,

-Sebastian

Well you have to be realistic.
How much time would the project be delayed if we do it the 'good way' Because yes a own secure network is the way to go.

A system with potential should Never depend on another system. Vulnerable systems have no future...

Perhaps...
But the concept how it is is good enough for people to invest over 16 BTC in just a week. Which means investors believe in it. So do I tbh. If it is a final choice
- We use APi's and never develop a unique system or
- We use a custom system

My guess would be option 1. With software you will see many things that are developed needs fine-tuning. This hidden markets feature is something genius. Let's see how that will play out.
Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 08:21:53 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2016, 08:35:40 PM by Hazelnutter

Perhaps...
But the concept how it is is good enough for people to invest over 16 BTC in just a week. Which means investors believe in it. So do I tbh. If it is a final choice
- We use a custom system

My guess would be option 1. With software you will see many things that are developed needs fine-tuning. This hidden markets feature is something genius. Let's see how that will play out.

I wouldn't want to put people off though when as Chennan has said, there is a lot of investigation into Bitcoin, especially because of its publicity, maybe we could be realistic, work the same method but with a coin like Monero. I could get speaking to the Monero devs about introducing some form of asseting on their chain.

We just want to do what is right for the community and the project, I don't want to create some half-assed project that will die in 5 months time because we didn't put enough resources or thought into the development process.

-Sebastian

Nameless Coin

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 08:21:54 PM

-snip-

Perhaps...
- We use a custom system

The strength of any successful product lies in it being unique. Sure small bugs will come and they will be fixed, something that will happen with either option...

But as investors wouldn't you be more attracted to a cutting edge environment made with the sole purpose of it being the next big thing? I would.
Simply because it can't be cloned easily and it can (or should i say, it will) last longer...
Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 08:24:42 PM

-snip-

Perhaps...
- We use a custom system

The strength of any successful product lies in it being unique. Sure small bugs will come and they will be fixed, something that will happen with either option...

But as investors wouldn't you be more attracted to a cutting edge environment made with the sole purpose of it being the next big thing? I would.
Simply because it can't be cloned easily and it can (or should i say, it will) last longer...

+1

We would have funds and we could hire devs to get work done quickly and work in a fast and productive way, Eventually funds will diminish, but developers like me who love open source projects will stay and more will always be along to help fix stuff like bugs WHEN they happen.

-Sebastian

BombayChicken

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 08:41:48 PM

@Sebastian

There are 2 options on the table right now. Can you give us an ETA for either option. I am very interested that if the project will be build from scratch how long it will take to build it?
The development of Bitbay started in december 2014 and it's still in BETA
chennan
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 08:48:11 PM

-snip-

Perhaps...
- We use a custom system

+1

We would have funds and we could hire devs to get work done quickly and work in a fast and productive way, Eventually funds will diminish, but developers like me who love open source projects will stay and more will always be along to help fix stuff like bugs WHEN they happen.

-Sebastian

Honestly, that is another reason why I mentioned Monero because I got that vibe from you... the monero community funds the work of devs for all kinds of tasks and projects (which most of the time the devs are seriously underfunded for the work they do)... even though I never post on their pages much, I do love watching the community grow and they have a passion for making everything just right before they release anything out into the wilderness.  You should definitely probably talk to some of them on IRC for some ideas/help on the matter at #monero ... or better yet #moner-dev ... seems like they are always lurking around on there.

Hazelnutter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 08:56:39 PM

@Sebastian

There are 2 options on the table right now. Can you give us an ETA for either option. I am very interested that if the project will be build from scratch how long it will take to build it?
The development of Bitbay started in december 2014 and it's still in BETA

Below answer from chennan seems the most viable option, for speed, support and awareness.

Honestly, that is another reason why I mentioned Monero because I got that vibe from you... the monero community funds the work of devs for all kinds of tasks and projects (which most of the time the devs are seriously underfunded for the work they do)... even though I never post on their pages much, I do love watching the community grow and they have a passion for making everything just right before they release anything out into the wilderness.  You should definitely probably talk to some of them on IRC for some ideas/help on the matter at #monero ... or better yet #moner-dev ... seems like they are always lurking around on there.

chennan, Thanks for your massive help on this matter. You have turned a great project into a greater project. I will be on IRC to speak to these guys soon, Most likely tomorrow as its late here now and I want to make a good impression and do my research. Its been a long time since IRSSI was loaded up that's for sure.

This looks like a good direction and monero looks like a great currency.

-Sebastian

BombayChicken

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 09:01:13 PM

The above seems like a good solution for the 'problem'. Being that the ICO will give us a head start to so we can survive. I do think that just features are not the key to succes.
To make it an succes you need to assign someone for marketing tasks with some budget.

Most of the coins I've seen die a slow death because of lack of marketing while their developers are doing their utmost best to develop and develop.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: