Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:18:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I spent all my saving on bitcoin, now i am broke  (Read 25387 times)
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 05:55:21 AM

You are very young and it seems that you won't be needing those bitcoins anytime soon, so better let them be. A minimum of two years under the rocks could give mean a lot of difference in the price of bitcoin. Are you willing to add more and maybe place it in a different location?
yeah I think you do not need any special needs or more money so when prices are low bitcoin. you have to hold it as long as possible until a few years away until the price is more than the price you buy I am sure of it.
you just need to be patient
Sandroxa

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:27:19 AM

You maybe have spent your money right now but I think you will be rewarded for this if you stay believing in it and do not worry about your future because of this you are gonna make a lot of profit.
yeah bitcoin might not die. so when the price is lower than the original price you buy. then you have to be patient and believe in the future of bitcoin. prices will definitely go up. so in fact you will never fall after investing in bitcoin. if you previously purchased at the price of $ 1,000. you have to be patient because I'm sure the prices will pass that price again
You just have to save it for a long time now and that can be nice because the value of Bitcoin is also rising so that is really nice for the currency itself but it wont be that easy.
Because you have not to be greedy and you have to know that it can takes a long time until the value will reach that high.
parmatiya

Activity: 239

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 05:50:55 AM

You maybe have spent your money right now but I think you will be rewarded for this if you stay believing in it and do not worry about your future because of this you are gonna make a lot of profit.
yeah bitcoin might not die. so when the price is lower than the original price you buy. then you have to be patient and believe in the future of bitcoin. prices will definitely go up. so in fact you will never fall after investing in bitcoin. if you previously purchased at the price of $ 1,000. you have to be patient because I'm sure the prices will pass that price again
You just have to save it for a long time now and that can be nice because the value of Bitcoin is also rising so that is really nice for the currency itself but it wont be that easy.
Because you have not to be greedy and you have to know that it can takes a long time until the value will reach that high.

That is what I do. I have purchased some bitcoin early last year. I just used a small amount. I will hold the rest.

zPanda

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 06:08:55 AM

You think too much, but you think too less.

Welcome to the world of anonymity /s
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 07:00:22 AM

Definitely not a good idea putting all your life savings into a volatile asset. Knowing that wild fluctuations are a common thing on this market, what you did is plainly stupid and brave at the same time. But idk, whatever happens, you know that it's all your fault. All you need now is to not check on the price every minute and just hope for the best.

Best of luck, mate.
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 07:25:42 AM

I don't think that storing all your wealth inside a waterproof box with a USB stick is very smart. I think you're much more better off if you just store the coins in a cold storage, stored in a safe.

But the idea of buying bitcoins now is good. Investing now is much better than investing late.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 07:39:04 AM

Can the USB stick last that long? I heard the electron will migrate and leak out. The information will be lost.
I have had some problems with usb sticks before in my life. I had some music on it but even tho I deleted ther music on that usb the space was still not being empty.
extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 07:48:33 AM

Can the USB stick last that long? I heard the electron will migrate and leak out. The information will be lost.
I have had some problems with usb sticks before in my life. I had some music on it but even tho I deleted ther music on that usb the space was still not being empty.

The USBs are not a good idea to store your private keys or wallet.dat file(s) because it can be self corrupted or lose the information within 10 years, so the best idea to store sensitive data is to have many backups physical and virtual(like dropbox google drive etc.)
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 07:52:16 AM

You took a right decisions to buy bitcoins, and spend all your money on investing bitcoin.. you'll not lost your money if You ask me, even I though you'll get lots of profit with them. but planing and burying your coins for 20 years is not a good Idea in my eyes,
I don't know what is your job or what are you doing, you can listen to me or not,  but if you see the today's price of bitcoin you will know that you are in profit right now, If I were in your place I would sell these bitcoins now for Dollars and buy again bitcoins, thats we call trading, and then after halving I'll sell them again when the price of bitcoin will reach a new milestone..
we can't predict about 20 years but at least we know about next halving and we are sure that the halving will be profitable.
Babayega31

Activity: 630

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 07:52:32 AM

Definitely not a good idea putting all your life savings into a volatile asset. Knowing that wild fluctuations are a common thing on this market, what you did is plainly stupid and brave at the same time. But idk, whatever happens, you know that it's all your fault. All you need now is to not check on the price every minute and just hope for the best.

Best of luck, mate.

If this is true well i can say hes not totally broke but instead hes lucky if he still have his bitcoin for today because as you can see the price of bitcoin is rising since halving event is about to be happen on this july and by that time he can actually sold he bitcoin to and he can already earn profit with and aswell as he can get back his saving and store it again in another safer place than bitcoin and really if he dont sell after halving well hes totally broke because chance of bitcoins price well go down.

saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 08:21:17 AM

The USBs are not a good idea to store your private keys or wallet.dat file(s) because it can be self corrupted or lose the information within 10 years, so the best idea to store sensitive data is to have many backups physical and virtual(like dropbox google drive etc.)

It is better if you are going to put always a back storage for your important files, I'm using yahoo for back upping my files.
Especially those files with important information.

Vires in Numeris
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 09:52:29 AM

if you buy a bitcoin in the years 2012-2013 when the price is high and hold it until this year. maybe I'd say you're still in a fallen state. because the price is still below standard I hope you can be patient and do not sell your bitcoin because it will harm you. I'm sure the price will revert to $ 1000 so be patient
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 09:58:38 AM

well i have good news or bad news, this week i took out all my saving from my bank 3500 and bought some bitcoin

i now have a total of 6 bitcoins,  

last night i bought 5 usb sticks and 2 waterproof boxes,  i put the box inside of the other box then the 5 usb sticks in the middle of the box,  afterwards i went into my backyard and dug a hole underneath the bird fountain,

i dug the hole almost 3 feet under. Then i buried it back and placed the bird fountain back.  

The bird fountain has been in the same spot for many years so i am not worried about forgetting where i buried it, and grass doesn't grow underneath it.

so there we have it,  I buried a total of 5 bitcoins, i plan to keep it there for 20 years. The 5 bitcoins cost me about 2300USD

The 6th bitcoin i keep it on my cellphone and i plan to spend it online,

Now i only have 100 dollars left in my bank,  i am basically broke,  my whole saving gone!

Was this a bad idea?   after i buried it i was starting to feel like it was a bad idea,  

i also did not put a hard password on it because i thought i would forget

but i wasn't planning on using my saving for anything, and the bank doesn't give me any interest for it,

i've never invested in anything , possibly because i don't have much money

anyways.. it's just money.. i'll save some more

i figure in the future, it might be way too expensive to own even 1 bitcoin,

i am now a proud owner of 5 bitcoins

this is my bitcoin story,

here are some pictures of the box and bird fountain, its not the exact ones that i own but similar

bro you're not broke, you have fortune hidden in your backyard, just hope that someday what ever you did this time will reward you big in the future. keep praying, and about the 1btc left on your cellphone, you can use that to earn more bitcoin, search in google there are lot of ways how to increase bitcoin using 1 bitcoin. goodluck mate
hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:03:56 AM

Well, you have my opinion, and that is that your money was well spent. To become rich obviously you'd have to make some sacrifices on your lifestyle. You've gotta save hard and constant, man.

But it's pretty illogical for someone to save their BTC in a fountain?Huh? Where did you get that idea from?
Jemzx00

Activity: 1484
Merit: 546

Be nice!

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2016, 10:26:09 AM

Well, for starters you should atleast know how to conserve your money. And if you think that putting all your savings into bitcoin is good. Then you're wrong since you're against the rule about putting all your eggs in one basket. Because whenever you lost your bitcoin or maybe someone just have hacked you're account then you will be broke and exactly what have happened to you. Think before doing things and always have a secondary plan on doing things.

▒▒▒▒   ▒▒▒▒▒
                           ▒▒▒▒   ▒▒▒▒▒
                  ▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▄▄▄
                  ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
                       ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
                       ▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒         ▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
            ▒▒▒                                 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
           ▐▒▒▒▓▒▀▀▀▀▒▓▒▒ ▄▓▒▒  ▀▀▀▒▒▓  ▓▒▄▓▒▒ ▐▒▒  ▐▒▒▒▓▒▓  ▒▒▒
      ▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓    ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▐▓▓▌  ▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▒▓▓    ▐▓▓ ▓▓░▓▓ ▄▓▓▀     ▄▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▌▓▓▓  ▓▓▓
     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌▄▓▓▀ ▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▀
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                       ▐▒▒▒▒▒▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀
                          ▐▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▌
                          ▐▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▌
..Jemzx00..██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
.Bounty Manager and Filipino Translator.
Experienced | Fast and Efficient | Spam-Free | Trusted | Budget Friendly
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
..Jemzx00..
                           ▒▒▒▒   ▒▒▒▒▒
                           ▒▒▒▒   ▒▒▒▒▒
                  ▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▄▄▄
                  ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
                       ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
            ▒▒▒                                 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
           ▐▒▒▒▓▒▀▀▀▀▒▓▒▒ ▄▓▒▒  ▀▀▀▒▒▓  ▓▒▄▓▒▒ ▐▒▒  ▐▒▒▒▓▒▓  ▒▒▒
      ▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓    ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▐▓▓▌  ▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▒▓▓    ▐▓▓ ▓▓░▓▓ ▄▓▓▀     ▄▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▌▓▓▓  ▓▓▓
     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌▄▓▓▀ ▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▀
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                       ▐▒▒▒▒▒▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀
                          ▐▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▌
                          ▐▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▌
Wilhelmer

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 12:43:32 PM

is this for real?

man, u sure go to great lengths to keep those bitcoins. what happens if the uses stop working when u take them out?

anyways, diversifying your investments would be a better choice than putting everything in one basket no?
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 02:37:38 PM

That is pretty bad to let it go that far, you should never go and gamble with your savings you have worked so hard for that money and now it is all gone. You will have to start from the bottom again.
cncr04s

Activity: 70
Merit: 19

Owner of MiningRigRentals

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2016, 05:06:30 PM

I don't know if any one mentioned this, but usb sticks use flash chips. and those can degrade over time if they are cheap, specifically if they don't get powered on regularly, the electric charge held in the chip (the bits) degrades.

--
Owner & Developer | MiningRigRentals
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 05:14:24 PM

I don't know if any one mentioned this, but usb sticks use flash chips. and those can degrade over time if they are cheap, specifically if they don't get powered on regularly, the electric charge held in the chip (the bits) degrades.

it was mentioned in one of the first pages and argued a lot.

the important thing about cold storage is to make sure you have multiple backups from it so in case one was lost/damaged/... you have the option to recover the funds. and it doesn't matter what method you use. even paper wallet can be damaged.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 05:47:28 PM

If this is real, OP will be rich in 20 years, because only hardcore holders (actually burying your wallet is a hardcore holder) will hold BTC for that much amount of time, so by then, a single person owning 5 BTC will be a rarity, which means OP will be wealthy as hell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: