Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:56:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is CHINA CONTROLLING / RULING Bitcoin?
Yes - 192 (44.2%)
No - 242 (55.8%)
Total Voters: 434

Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is CHINA CONTROLLING Bitcoin?  (Read 92598 times)
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 10:28:56 AM

People here have claimed that Bitcoin is in fact controlled and ruled by China, as mining is centralized by Chinese mining institutions.

Do you think that China is controlling/ruling bitcoin yes or no?
It was in the past and its no more now.In the past,Chinese exchanges tried to dump the bitcoin price.Since there was no fees in chinese exchanges at that time,chinese holders created fake buy and sell orders to manipulate the price.But since trading fee was announced there,it was no more.Now even if the chinese want to dump bitcoin price by selling it suddenly,then they would be the losers since people around the world have recognized the bitcoin's value and they would immediately buy those bitcoins.Dragon is no more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 10:50:46 AM

I think it not true be course no one has ever discover the founder of bitcoin.
What has this to do with China *supposedly* controlling Bitcoin?

What i come to understand about China and bitcoin is that, they have built many bitcoin mining. Actuary Chinese has an upper hand in bitcoin. 
I think it's a better wording if you say that Chinese mining farms are more or less controlling Bitcoin. If you look at how far their influence reaches when it comes to touching consensus, it's obvious that they can just decide to support whatever proposal they want.

Even when it's not in the benefit of the community and the whole Bitcoin eco system. But hey, I guess that's also part of the freedom aspect of Bitcoin since it's open source..

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 01:16:07 PM

I think it not true be course no one has ever discover the founder of bitcoin. What i come to understand about China and bitcoin is that, they have built many bitcoin mining. Actuary Chinese has an upper hand in bitcoin. 
This will continue to be a debate, I think, china is the majority owner of the bitcoin stock, this fact we can see from the data exchanger in china. Because they have the majority of the stock, surely they could control the bitcoin.
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 07:01:52 AM

Is china controlling bitcoin? might be... i would say yes.
Should we worry? i dont think so... what could they do? stop farming? try a big dump and ruin themselves?
I beg to disagreed with you answered, whenever china don't have a capability to control bitcoin. It's not because they owned the biggest percentage of mining farm of bitcoin it doesn't mean they have the power to control it. We all knew that bitcoinis decentralized digital currency, meaning there is no other institution that can control bitcoin ever.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2017, 04:04:49 PM

People here have claimed that Bitcoin is in fact controlled and ruled by China, as mining is centralized by Chinese mining institutions.

Do you think that China is controlling/ruling bitcoin yes or no?
It was in the past and its no more now.In the past,Chinese exchanges tried to dump the bitcoin price.Since there was no fees in chinese exchanges at that time,chinese holders created fake buy and sell orders to manipulate the price.But since trading fee was announced there,it was no more.Now even if the chinese want to dump bitcoin price by selling it suddenly,then they would be the losers since people around the world have recognized the bitcoin's value and they would immediately buy those bitcoins.Dragon is no more

It would be nice if you could explain how no fees allow price manipulation

You are not the first one claiming that and I have yet to see a plausible explanation how no fees can actually facilitate price manipulation. As to my knowledge, the size of trading fee determines the average size of the spread since buyers and sellers should take this fee into account when calculating their entry points. But that's pretty much all there's to it. You can indeed buy and sell from yourself using another account at the exchange but that would just raise trading volume. I can't figure how that could be interpreted as price manipulation, but you are welcome to explain

mastermold

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 04:55:10 PM

If the Chinese miners were unified and collaborative in their approach, then they could theoretically gain control over the blockchain and thus Bitcoin.

However, in the real world what would probably happen is the core devs would code and release an update that would checkpoint the Chinese 'attack' and return control of the chain back to the economic majority (aka banks/coinbase/blockstream).
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2017, 05:03:17 PM

If the Chinese miners were unified and collaborative in their approach, then they could theoretically gain control over the blockchain and thus Bitcoin.

However, in the real world what would probably happen is the core devs would code and release an update that would checkpoint the Chinese 'attack' and return control of the chain back to the economic majority (aka banks/coinbase/blockstream)

I don't quite understand what you mean by "economic majority"

Care to explain? Apart from that, we don't know how many Chinese miners the Chinese pools actually consist of. Some of them are obviously not mining pools but rather mining farms and those the Chinese government can indeed take control over. But if the pools are actually made up from many individual miners, these miners could potentially withdraw their mining resources from the pools, thereby essentially rendering them impotent. Personally, I'm more inclined to think that the rumors of the Chinese government preparing a 51% attack against Bitcoin network are just another round of FUD. At first, it was the Winklevoss FUD, then the BU FUD, and now the 51% attack FUD

stergium

Activity: 655

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 08:28:24 PM

I think it not true be course no one has ever discover the founder of bitcoin. What i come to understand about China and bitcoin is that, they have built many bitcoin mining. Actuary Chinese has an upper hand in bitcoin. 
This will continue to be a debate, I think, china is the majority owner of the bitcoin stock, this fact we can see from the data exchanger in china. Because they have the majority of the stock, surely they could control the bitcoin.
yes that is true that china have more users as compare to other countries but i think i do not think that they can control bitcoin, because the users of bitcoin are now present every where and therefore i think it is not becoming more and more difficult to control bitcoin by a single country.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:58:29 PM

Someone discovers or not who is the founder of bitcoin it doesn't matter when it comes to this type of matter regarding China. We already know that the founder is Satoshi. Chinese are playing a major role in the bitcoin economy as you said majority of the miners are found there, they are crazy greedy but right now PBoC is becoming strict to it's constituents.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 03:07:49 AM

china just played their last card ... and it was a big fat bluff.

Stick a fork in them, they're done.

raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 03:58:50 PM

However, in the real world what would probably happen is the core devs would code and release an update that would checkpoint the Chinese 'attack' and return control of the chain back to the economic majority (aka banks/coinbase/blockstream)

Care to explain? Apart from that, we don't know how many Chinese miners the Chinese pools actually consist of. Some of them are obviously not mining pools but rather mining farms and those the Chinese government can indeed take control over. But if the pools are actually made up from many individual miners, these miners could potentially withdraw their mining resources from the pools, thereby essentially rendering them impotent. Personally, I'm more inclined to think that the rumors of the Chinese government preparing a 51% attack against Bitcoin network are just another round of FUD. At first, it was the Winklevoss FUD, then the BU FUD, and now the 51% attack FUD
Most of the Chinese bitcoin pools consist of companies who are establishing and dumping a lot of money into servers and mining farms and as it is proving to be very profitable since the kwh costs only 8 cents in china more and more companies regular people invest into it, so it I s not surprising to find that the Chinese dominate the bitcoin mining market and if anything happens to that concept like change in the electricity price than we will see effects on the bitcoin exchanges.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2017, 05:22:53 PM

Most of the Chinese bitcoin pools consist of companies who are establishing and dumping a lot of money into servers and mining farms and as it is proving to be very profitable since the kwh costs only 8 cents in china more and more companies regular people invest into it, so it I s not surprising to find that the Chinese dominate the bitcoin mining market and if anything happens to that concept like change in the electricity price than we will see effects on the bitcoin exchanges

Electricity costs are important but China is not the only country out there with cheap electricity tariffs

It looks more like their main advantage stems from their first-hand access to mining hardware. There have been rumors that behind some mining pools asic manufacturers are hiding, so it shouldn't surprise anyone they have such an edge. But they are said to be nearing a technological limit already, therefore this advantage is going to diminish soon. It is the same as with CPUs today, the frequencies of processors are no longer growing since it is impossible to overcome physical limits. The bottom line is that the competition between miners should increase once there will be no more growth in the hash rates per hardware unit

tripplewarz

Activity: 164

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 08:23:39 PM

Most of the Chinese bitcoin pools consist of companies who are establishing and dumping a lot of money into servers and mining farms and as it is proving to be very profitable since the kwh costs only 8 cents in china more and more companies regular people invest into it, so it I s not surprising to find that the Chinese dominate the bitcoin mining market and if anything happens to that concept like change in the electricity price than we will see effects on the bitcoin exchanges

Electricity costs are important but China is not the only country out there with cheap electricity tariffs

It looks more like their main advantage stems from their first-hand access to mining hardware. There have been rumors that behind some mining pools asic manufacturers are hiding, so it shouldn't surprise anyone they have such an edge. But they are said to be nearing a technological limit already, therefore this advantage is going to diminish soon. It is the same as with CPUs today, the frequencies of processors are no longer growing since it is impossible to overcome physical limits. The bottom line is that the competition between miners should increase once there will be no more growth in the hash rates per hardware unit
Why do not you consider the question that the Chinese government can be very interested in income using bitcoins and thus their farms are provided with free electricity. And if you take into account the increased interest in alternative energy sources, the process of mining bitcoin is even better.
bncbnc

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 11:22:37 PM

Why do not you consider the question that the Chinese government can be very interested in income using bitcoins and thus their farms are provided with free electricity. And if you take into account the increased interest in alternative energy sources, the process of mining bitcoin is even better.
yes that is right to say, China is the biggest support of bitcoin and the majority of bitcoin users are from China, i think their government is also taking interest in bitcoin .

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
DIAH PERMATASARI

Activity: 246

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 02:06:01 AM

it looks like it will not happen its just that there are many so that when conducting transactions in large amounts the effect will affect the price of bitcoin
Sadlife

Activity: 1400
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 02:16:14 AM

Well they have 50% or i think 51% of hashpower so yeah i guess i could say that they're controlling bitcoin.
If they feel like it they can attack the bitcoin network anytime but i guess
The core devs has the solution against the 51% attack.

▄▄▄▀█▀▀▀█▀▄▄▄
       ▀▀   █     █
    ▀      █       █
  █      ▄█▄       ▐▌
 █▀▀▀▀▀▀█   █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█        ▀█▀        █
█         █         █
█         █        ▄█▄
 █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █
  █       ▐▌       ▀█▀
  █▀▀▀▄    █       █
  ▀▄▄▄█▄▄   █     █
         ▀▀▀▄█▄▄▄█▄▀▀▀
CRYPTO CASINO
FOR WEB 3.0
▄▄▄█▀▀▀
▄▄████▀████
▄████████████
█▀▀    ▀█▄▄▄▄▄
█        ▄█████
█        ▄██████
██▄     ▄███████
████▄▄█▀▀▀██████
████       ▀▀██
███          █
▀█          █
▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▄█▀▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
  ▄ ▄█ ▄
▄▄        ▄████▀       ▄▄
▐█
███▄▄█████████████▄▄████▌
██
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
▐█▀    ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀        ▀█▌
     █▄████   ▄▀█▄     ▌

██████   ▀██▀     █
████▄    ▀▀▀▀           ▄████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
██████▌█▌█▌██████▐█▐█▐███████
OWL GAMES
Metamask
WalletConnect
Phantom
▄▄▄███ ███▄▄▄
▄▄████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀████▄▄
▄  ▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▀  ▄
██▀ ▄▀▀             ▀▀▄ ▀██
██▀ █ ▄     ▄█▄▀      ▄ █ ▀██
██▀ █  ███▄▄███████▄▄███  █ ▀██
█  ▐█▀    ▀█▀    ▀█▌  █
██▄ █ ▐█▌  ▄██   ▄██  ▐█▌ █ ▄██
██▄ ████▄    ▄▄▄    ▄████ ▄██
██▄ ▀████████████████▀ ▄██
▀  ▄▄▄▀▀█████████▀▀▄▄▄  ▀
▀▀████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄████▀▀
▀▀▀███ ███▀▀▀
DICE
SLOTS
BACCARAT
BLACKJACK
GAME SHOWS
POKER
ROULETTE
CASUAL GAMES
▄███████████████████▄
██▄▀▄█████████████████████▄▄
███▀█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████▌
█████████▄█▄████████████████
███████▄█████▄█████████████▌
███████▀█████▀█████████████
█████████▄█▄██████████████▌
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄███████▌
████████████████▀▄▀██████
▀███████████████████▄███▌
              ▀▀▀▀█████▀
Casabrandy

Activity: 837

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 02:41:26 AM

Well they have 50% or i think 51% of hashpower so yeah i guess i could say that they're controlling bitcoin.
If they feel like it they can attack the bitcoin network anytime but i guess
The core devs has the solution against the 51% attack.

I don't think they were the one whose in control , but in terms of the number of users,they were really a lot in numbers,they knew bitcoin long before. But I believed bitcoin is decentralized that it depends on the economy and value of dollars.

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
AUDREY23

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:27:00 AM

no one can control the bitcoin unless the users of its own, china control bitcoin I guess it's just a rumor that in fact there was its large, many mine miner bitcoin, the stock ownership of BTC there are also many, so when there is a sale on a large scale in china then it will affect the price of bitcoin
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2017, 05:58:52 AM

Why do not you consider the question that the Chinese government can be very interested in income using bitcoins and thus their farms are provided with free electricity. And if you take into account the increased interest in alternative energy sources, the process of mining bitcoin is even better

No, I don't consider this question

First, there is no reason to provide someone with free electricity just because they could earn something (and the latter itself is not certain). This simply doesn't make sense economically. Second, I don't think that the Chinese government is actually interested in Bitcoin at all. Otherwise, you will have to coherently explain the attacks on the Chinese Bitcoin exchanges that the PBoC has launched earlier this year. As you can see, there is no reason to take such and similar questions seriously (it is like a conspiracy theory inverted)

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1352

Cashback 15%

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 06:18:32 AM

no one can control the bitcoin unless the users of its own, china control bitcoin I guess it's just a rumor that in fact there was its large, many mine miner bitcoin, the stock ownership of BTC there are also many, so when there is a sale on a large scale in china then it will affect the price of bitcoin

China "potentially" controls bitcoin because of the large mining farms in there. They can do a 51% attack if they want to which means that they would be able to create their own chain which would disrupt bitcoin in general. However for whales and such, I think they are equally distributed and not all whales are found in Chinese exchanges.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: