Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:17:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Brexit' could trigger World War Three, warns David Cameron  (Read 8194 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 01:42:58 AM

David Cameron will plead for Britain to stay in the EU and help prevent the Continent being ripped apart by another conflict.

Mr Cameron will highlight the UK’s role in bringing peace to Europe as he hits the referendum campaign trail.

Both the Prime Minister and his Brexit -backing Tory rival Boris Johnson make speeches this morning in the countdown to the June 23 vote.

Mr Cameron will refer to Britain’s role in “pivotal moments in European history: Blenheim, Trafalgar, Waterloo, our country’s heroism in the Great War and, most of all, our lone stand in 1940”.

He will recall how Winston Churchill “argued passionately for Western Europe to come together, to promote free trade and build institutions which would endure so our continent would never again see such bloodshed”.

He will add: “Either we influence Europe, or it influences us. And if things go wrong in Europe, let’s not pretend we can be immune from consequences.”

Mr Cameron believes UK leadership as an EU member is necessary to help avoid future conflict in Europe and he will ask: “Can we be so sure peace and stability on our continent are assured beyond any shadow of doubt?”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brexit-could-trigger-world-war-7928607

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Evildrum

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 03:00:10 AM

This reminds me of the vote fo independence for Scotland vote, but the talking points are more pointed and fearful rhetoric attempts.
Its interesting and I am not judging just wonder if other Countries in the same situation would handle it differently. I am leaning towards no but think its a interesting route to look at.
A Europe without the U.K influence could make Russia more influential in the East.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 03:32:55 AM

This reminds me of the vote fo independence for Scotland vote, but the talking points are more pointed and fearful rhetoric attempts.
Its interesting and I am not judging just wonder if other Countries in the same situation would handle it differently. I am leaning towards no but think its a interesting route to look at.
A Europe without the U.K influence could make Russia more influential in the East.

When fear is used to convince people, no matter how they will vote, this will be seen as a weakness by Russia. Thanks to that global warming push, most europe has cut its coal output, killing nuclear solutions, refusing fracking exploration, becoming more and more dependent on the energy from Russia.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 03:44:54 AM

If Britain gets out of the European Union, then the European Union will lose a little bit of its warmongering character. The United Kingdom was one of the most active backers of the United States, when the latter decided to bomb / invade foreign nations such as Serbia, Srpska, Libya, Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan. So Brexit will be good for the world peace.
Evildrum

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 03:57:38 AM

If Britain gets out of the European Union, then the European Union will lose a little bit of its warmongering character. The United Kingdom was one of the most active backers of the United States, when the latter decided to bomb / invade foreign nations such as Serbia, Srpska, Libya, Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan. So Brexit will be good for the world peace.

Disagree. As much as Britian and the States come across as warmongers, there are plenty of Countries that hide behind what they do on the global stage and others that would suffer without them. Not saying I agree with their tactics all the time but it helps deter issues as well knowing there will be consequences.
Some of these Eastern Countries will be nibbled on as a test that may extend farther West. I know Poland is a bad example for what I am trying to point to.
Just think Europe is for sure weaker without the UK.
Will be interesting from a far, would hate to be in the UK if the vote is yes.

by.Szun

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 05:01:47 AM

Completely overstates reaction from Mr. Cameron.

The Brexit will inevitably destabilize Europe to a degree. Losing a big partner in the CFSP program will weaken Europe as an international military force. However, Britain's national security interests are often in-line with continental Europe's. At present, the biggest threats to Europe as a whole are Russia (scary, but unlikely), Turkish aggression (not scary, also unlikely), Germany rising up again (lol) and ISIS (Frightening, Highly likely). Of all of these threats, only continued attacks from ISIS are of any real concern to European nations. And given the guerilla nature of the threat, it's one that's best dealt with by action within each individual country.

In terms of economic damage, it's still unseen. There are well respected economists on both sides of the argument. However, one thing they all agree on is that the damage or benefit will not destroy either the British or Continental economies.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:44:25 AM

At present, the biggest threats to Europe as a whole are Russia (scary, but unlikely), Turkish aggression (not scary, also unlikely), Germany rising up again (lol) and ISIS (Frightening, Highly likely).

None of these are real threats to the European Union. The real threat to the EU comes within its own borders. Lunatic leaders such as Angela Merkel and François Hollande are the real threats to the European Union. Russia, Turkey, and the ISIS are not interested in attacking any of the European Union member nations.
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:55:59 AM

agreed. britain is the one of the most hawkish country in this world .. so i dont think that european union will let united kingdom be separeted from its assosation.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 11:29:18 AM

agreed. britain is the one of the most hawkish country in this world .. so i dont think that european union will let united kingdom be separeted from its assosation.

The European Union needs the United Kingdom, because they need donor nations to support the parasites (Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, Slovakia.etc). Without funds from donor nations such as the UK, the EU will not be able to properly subsidize the loss-making industries and enterprises in the Eastern European member nations.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 12:36:08 PM

If there was ever an example of fear mongering this is a classic example, fucks sake, they keep acting like a collapse of the European Union would be the end of the world, you just know these are simply career politicians desperate to get unelected positions in the new empire they're trying to build.

I really hope that we can give the middle finger to the EU, I really do, I'll be voting on the referendum for sure, there is a huge amount of fear mongering going on from the pro-eu side.
coinzat

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 05:18:03 PM

- Cameron on 'Brexit': 'Isolationism has never served this country well'

British Prime Minister David Cameron has outlined his "big, bold, patriotic case" for the UK to stay in the European Union, saying that the country would be weaker and less-equipped to combat terrorism if it voted to leave.

In a speech Monday at the British Museum in London, Cameron argued that Britain's strength and security was inextricably linked to events in Europe -- and its ability to wield influence there.

"Britain has always been a European power, and we always will be," he said.
"Isolationism has never served this country well. Whenever we turn our back on Europe, sooner or later we come to regret it. We've always had to go back in and always at a much higher cost."

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/09/europe/uk-brexit-cameron-speech/
catch.me.if.you.can

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 07:47:50 PM

Bullshit, nobody is enough stupid to start WW3. The EU/CIA mafia started the propaganda again to scare the people like the propaganda of Grexit.
Moloch2

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 07:49:09 PM

Russia will be humiliated when Hillary's term starts. With Cameron, Clinton will push Russian invaders out of Ukraine, once and for all. And Uk will help Ukraine to become a EU and a NATO member state.
by.Szun

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 08:28:51 PM

At present, the biggest threats to Europe as a whole are Russia (scary, but unlikely), Turkish aggression (not scary, also unlikely), Germany rising up again (lol) and ISIS (Frightening, Highly likely).

None of these are real threats to the European Union. The real threat to the EU comes within its own borders. Lunatic leaders such as Angela Merkel and François Hollande are the real threats to the European Union. Russia, Turkey, and the ISIS are not interested in attacking any of the European Union member nations.

Do you even read the news? ISIS continually put members into major metro areas. Some attacks are successful, others are not. But they clearly want to fuck up Europe.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 09:25:30 AM

Russia will be humiliated when Hillary's term starts. With Cameron, Clinton will push Russian invaders out of Ukraine, once and for all. And Uk will help Ukraine to become a EU and a NATO member state.

By the time Hitlery finish her term, there won't be a NATO or the European Union for Ukraine to join.  Grin

Hitlery suffers from acute schizophrenia and dementia, and in all probability, her girlfriend (Huma Abedin) will be the one in charge of running the affairs. She is more interested in attacking third world nations such as Iran and DPRK, rather than confronting Russia over the issues of Crimea and Donbass. 
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 03:27:02 PM

I'm afraid I laughed when I read the title. He is undermining his case by making silly statements. I wonder what got into him - did he see polls that showed Leave ahead and panicked?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Evildrum

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 08:04:15 PM

I'm afraid I laughed when I read the title. He is undermining his case by making silly statements. I wonder what got into him - did he see polls that showed Leave ahead and panicked?

Its exactly the same situation as the Scotland vote,the vote to leave was ahead till the last hours but the people voted to stay after Cameron got out the rhetoric stick and started to scare people. Why throw away a winning strategy when it is still effective!
No matter how silly it may seem people eat it up repeatedly till they dont.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 08:16:50 PM

This is an interesting line of reasoning. I somehow struggle to see how it's going to turn Europe into a rabid pit of hate but I'll retain an open mind.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 10:11:12 PM

This is an interesting line of reasoning. I somehow struggle to see how it's going to turn Europe into a rabid pit of hate but I'll retain an open mind.

If the UK leaves the EU, German companies in the UK (that means about a half of the remaining UK industry) have to pay taxes in the UK instead of pumping the money to home. Merkel would be furious. That would screw the financial backing of her savage breeding programs, so she would surely unleash her Tigers Leopards... in worst case she might even unleash all three Leopards what they haven't already sold for scrap. Terrifying outlook. Isn't it?
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 10:36:36 PM

It's a bit far-fetched, but there's no denying Brexit would destroy what's left of European unity. There shall be a new Europe between Germany, the Netherlands and the few countries which have finances in order, but Switzerland, though not in the EU, would call for a revision of its partnership with the EU, Spain would relaunch pressure against Gibraltar, Greece would loose most of its supporters to stay, and Hungary, Slovakia, Poland and the Czech republic would form a new bloc not afraid to stand up against Germany. Don't think any of these could lead to a war, but tensions would rise.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: