Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:04:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒ Syscoin -Blockchain Scalability, Trustless Interoperability for ERC20 projects  (Read 501978 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (14 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 12:22:30 PM

Can see 6 transactions at 6.78 kB in the memory pool that haven't moved now for several blocks, which are being mined empty. Perhaps the majority mining pools have some rather greedy settings? If so, this is not good for the average user which has no clue what 'fee' needs to be put on it, as the core wallet allows either fee free transactions or transactions with a small fee automatically calculated.

https://syscoin.slack.com/messages/bugs/
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 12:29:53 PM

Can see 6 transactions at 6.78 kB in the memory pool that haven't moved now for several blocks, which are being mined empty. Perhaps the majority mining pools have some rather greedy settings? If so, this is not good for the average user which has no clue what 'fee' needs to be put on it, as the core wallet allows either fee free transactions or transactions with a small fee automatically calculated.

https://syscoin.slack.com/messages/bugs/

Not on slack. Can you post it here?

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
Sjacmur

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 02:46:26 PM

This wallet 2.0 from OP its for windows ? I have windows.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 02:52:32 PM

Never had this issue.. interesting.. is it reproducible everytime?

The old nodes aren't issue cause they are on different chain.
AngryDwarf

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:12:36 PM

I tried sending 4 times. 2 on linux build from source, 2 from latest windows binary. Each time the transactions where broadcast, but don't know if they will be rejected as double spends from the first one. Currently no nodes have rebroadcast my transaction that I have now backed out from the wallet.
My debug window still shows the same 6 at 6.78 kB transactions in the memory pool.
Did see a very large free transaction (kB size wise) go through yesterday.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:17:17 PM

I tried sending 4 times. 2 on linux build from source, 2 from latest windows binary. Each time the transactions where broadcast, but don't know if they will be rejected as double spends from the first one. Currently no nodes have rebroadcast my transaction that I have now backed out from the wallet.
My debug window still shows the same 6 at 6.78 kB transactions in the memory pool.
Explorer shows a balance for your address? Try sending to yourself?
AngryDwarf

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:29:10 PM

Explorer shows a balance for your address? Try sending to yourself?

Explorer shows correct balance on all 3 addresses, which are conversion address balances.

MR1
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 05:36:47 PM

Is the market integrated in SYS wallet?

Is it necessary to download the whole SYS blockchain to buy/sell on SYS market?
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 09:49:27 PM

For now yes... in Blockmarket V2 you will be able to  login to a web interface that is hooked up to the blockchain and get your private keys through a hosted web wallet (stored keys in javascript so your safe).. this way people don't have to have nodes running and can buy and sell things on the global marketplace (meant for small retailers). Larger wholesalers or merchants will probably want their own blockmarket with custom branding or perhaps a ecommerce store with a Syscoin plugin talking to the blockchain with a payment gateway to Syscoin.

With Sys 2.1 I've added pruning so new nodes syncing will only ever have to download the data of services which are not expired (1 year default time for expiry). You can extend expiration by updating the services to keep the from expiring and being pruned on the network.

Jag
MR1
Legendary

Activity: 927

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 05:11:42 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2016, 09:08:26 AM by MR1

For now yes... in Blockmarket V2 you will be able to  login to a web interface that is hooked up to the blockchain and get your private keys through a hosted web wallet (stored keys in javascript so your safe).. this way people don't have to have nodes running and can buy and sell things on the global marketplace (meant for small retailers). Larger wholesalers or merchants will probably want their own blockmarket with custom branding or perhaps a ecommerce store with a Syscoin plugin talking to the blockchain with a payment gateway to Syscoin.

With Sys 2.1 I've added pruning so new nodes syncing will only ever have to download the data of services which are not expired (1 year default time for expiry). You can extend expiration by updating the services to keep the from expiring and being pruned on the network.

Jag

Will the private keys be stored on a hosted web wallet or on the client side?
AngryDwarf

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 05:44:00 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2016, 06:08:13 AM by AngryDwarf

Still the same 6 transactions at 6.78kB sat in the memory pool. Clearly this is not a network propagation issue,  as these are not my transactions. It seems like miners are not picking up the transactions. I'll keep an eye out on when zpool solves a block (not very often) to see if that pool picks them up.
As I typed this, I saw a transaction come in and get included in the next block. Same 6 txs at 6.78kB just sat there.

EDIT: Or maybe there is some kind of network propagation issue, since no node appears to have rebroadcast my flushed transaction.

IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2016, 11:40:13 AM

Still the same 6 transactions at 6.78kB sat in the memory pool. Clearly this is not a network propagation issue,  as these are not my transactions. It seems like miners are not picking up the transactions. I'll keep an eye out on when zpool solves a block (not very often) to see if that pool picks them up.
As I typed this, I saw a transaction come in and get included in the next block. Same 6 txs at 6.78kB just sat there.

EDIT: Or maybe there is some kind of network propagation issue, since no node appears to have rebroadcast my flushed transaction.

I'm wondering if this is related in some way to the problems with SYS & p2pool?

Just guessing of course......

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 06:39:40 PM

Jag

Will the private keys stores on a hosted web wallet or on the client side?

I know Dans working on this but im pretty sure you can derive keys through deterministic wallets using a passphrase or brainkey. The accounts in the wallet should be locked to these brainkeys. It should be similar to how counterparty web wallet works. You wouldn't want to have your private keys stored on anywhere but your computer.
Kairoz

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 03:29:18 AM

DEV ?? When the promised update? It was to be this weekend.

http://syscoin.org/dev-update-3/
Smiley
Keyare

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 04:11:09 AM

Development Update #3 – June 12, 2016

We’ve made a lot of progress on development over the last week and we’ve updated the roadmap to try and get everything in place in time for certain Microsoft events with as little change to existing release target as possible.

As mentioned last week resources in terms of developers are scarce and we don’t want to spend a lot of SYS dev funds at these prices to on board something equivalent to full time help. We are talking with a few developers we’ll try to leverage as supplemental support but in planning we’re still operating as if its just the two internal devs we have at present. These same resources are needed to setup the company entity which we need in order to proceed expanding our relationship with Microsoft. We had some tough decisions to make because the Microsoft conference is coming very soon, and Syscoin 2.1 is also very close to being ready for release with several new features.

To best utilize resources we’ve decided to scope back the Blockmarket release for June to a pretty simple “lite” version that simply shows balance, and allows users to send and receive in the same simple login/setup/deployment framework that the full Blockmarket will use. We’re doing this just to satisfy the Microsoft requirements in time for the conference. The plan was a full Blockmarket beta for June. Because a beta won’t work for our Microsoft endeavors we’ve scaled back to a lite, non-beta release for June with the full release still planned for late July as previously planned. With the additional resources gained from scoping back the June release of Blockmarket we’ll increase the testing effort behind Syscoin 2.1, and be able to get the company setup. We still plan on releasing Blockmarket lite to the public sometime before the end of June. This plan gives us the best shot of being part of the MSFT conference, the requirements of which we just learned about last week.

Assuming all testing goes smoothly on Syscoin 2.1 we’ll be releasing that June 26th, 2016. Syscoin 2.1 will be a mandatory update and we’ll coordinate with exchanges and miners around its release. By holding off on the full Blockmarket release until after Syscoin 2.1 we’re also maximizing efficiencies as it relates to Blockmarket dev- because the new Syscoin release introduces many new commands and modifies some existing commands if we release Blockmarket ahead of 2.1 we’d incur work just weeks later on the back end of the 2.1 release to deal with these changes. The full Blockmarket release is targeted for July 24th, 2016 and will include some of the features introduced in 2.1. We’re not sure if there will be a beta of the full Blockmarket at the moment- we’ll reasses our resources in July to make that decision.

These hard target dates allow us to better coordinate our PR efforts. In conjunction with our PR partners we’re already working on marketing around 2.1 and the full Blockmarket release- we’ll be running our own efforts in parallel with those of our PR partners to ensure the best results; Blockmarket being the larger of the two releases/efforts. All of these updates have already been applied to our roadmap.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 01:40:48 PM

It is very strange that the price down. That should be the least 100000 Satoshi.

thats because BTC is up... sooo much

yolo
RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 05:55:41 PM

It is very strange that the price down. That should be the least 100000 Satoshi.

thats because BTC is up... sooo much

July is going to be a VERY interesting month in the crypto world...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2016, 06:04:07 PM

I have decided to invest in and support Syscoin  Cheesy

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
pcjnjn

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 12:47:47 AM

Thanks for the update! I am holding it since day 1
4emily

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 01:43:04 PM

Development Update #3 – June 12, 2016  - Tweeted!

https://twitter.com/jeveuxdire/status/742711268834988032
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: