Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:44:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Silver at 29 ,Bitcoin at 30. this is no-brainer..  (Read 10667 times)
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 11:33:55 PM

i think you've got it all wrong.

Please elaborate. Always willing to listen other professionals Smiley

yes please tell us your point of view.

I'm looking start stacking silver if it goes under 20$

...then you're unlikely to ever stack any silver as it hasn't been below $20 an ounce since fall of 2010 and there's been massive dilution of the fiat supply since that time. I passively stack at all times and actively stack below $28, I suggest you do likewise.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 11:38:12 PM

...then you're unlikely to ever stack any silver as it hasn't been below $20 an ounce since fall of 2010 and there's been massive dilution of the fiat supply since that time.

silver gets inflated too you know... The shit is everywhere, you just need to dig.
*provoking the silver bulls  Tongue*

ok maybe trolling isn't very productive...

anyway I'm looking for a good investments to diversify into... silver looks good? but idk other options would be cool, all you hear everywhere is Gold & Silver,Gold & Silver ,Gold & Silver  buy buy buy... like their is no other options...

sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 11:40:26 PM

actually i have no idea what to do with my the profits i made with the bitcoins.... buy silver? i dont really like the idea but sub 20$ silver might be a good opportunity.... maybe i should put down a lump sum on my house? buy apply stocks? go to the bank and ask THEM what i should do Huh

Adam dont be a fool buy LTC with half then wait for BTC fall from absurdity and put 40% back in then buy silver with the rest. Silver is the past digital currency is the future. 
creativex

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 11:43:29 PM

silver gets inflated too you know... The shit is everywhere, you just need to dig.

*provoking the silver bulls  Tongue*

...of course it does. It gets inflated by counterfeit paper silver, but the number of people aware of this repulsive scam is much much larger than it was in 2010, so when banksters crash the price now by selling a year's worth of mining in 10mins it generally results in buyers moving in. It's unlikely to tank much, but you can get an idea of how far it can be driven down just by monitoring JPM silver contracts.

AbsoluteZero

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 02:58:32 AM

"Re: Silver at 29 ,Bitcoin at 30. this is no-brainer.."  Cheesy

Yes, no-brainer, Buy BOTH  Cheesy

Only problem is not enough USD  Angry

CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 03:11:05 AM

...then you're unlikely to ever stack any silver as it hasn't been below $20 an ounce since fall of 2010 and there's been massive dilution of the fiat supply since that time.

anyway I'm looking for a good investments to diversify into... silver looks good? but idk other options would be cool, all you hear everywhere is Gold & Silver,Gold & Silver ,Gold & Silver  buy buy buy... like their is no other options...

Have you considered real estate?  Difficult to give options when it's unknown what you're already invested in.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
creativex

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 03:56:13 AM

Real estate requires maintenance and the tax man shows up and tells you that you owe him fiat just for "owning" it. Gold and silver have been money for thousands of years, that's why people migrate to them as stores of value. If those don't appeal to you then stockpile some other non-perishable, easily exchanged commodity...like copper pennies or bullets.

CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 06:35:10 AM

Real estate requires maintenance and the tax man shows up and tells you that you owe him fiat just for "owning" it. Gold and silver have been money for thousands of years, that's why people migrate to them as stores of value. If those don't appeal to you then stockpile some other non-perishable, easily exchanged commodity...like copper pennies or bullets.

Real estate isn't for everyone but you can also use depreciation and leverage to your advantage.  Even with the "tax man."  When properly done, real estate produces positive cash flows, your non-perishables collect dust.  The richest of the rich own earning assets, they don't just stockpile "stuff."

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 07:14:26 AM

I acquired my very modest silver stash over the last 1.5 years at a price of 27-33. I decided to not buy more unless silver breaks below the magic 26 and down to around, maybe below 20. I have high hopes for silver, but the missed potential in bitcoin is too high. Silver is soooo sloooow Wink.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 07:16:40 AM

Real estate isn't for everyone but you can also use depreciation and leverage to your advantage.  Even with the "tax man."  When properly done, real estate produces positive cash flows, your non-perishables collect dust.  The richest of the rich own earning assets, they don't just stockpile "stuff."

everyone needs a good piece of Real estate, long term renting = throwing your money.
and having a big size depth that you'll never pay off is a good thing in an inflationary environment
and the taxes you pay really is to fund the schools hospitals and roads, and of the crooks way up top too! (read: banks)  Tongue
so everyone needs a good piece of Real estate....

and everyone needs to start using sound money (read: bitcon Cheesy)

solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 10:06:11 AM

Silver has been in a positive demand since about 2006, meaning that investors are buying more than selling.

The total above ground silver grows only very slowly, about 0.5% a year, less than anything, even the population grows more.

I used to be a gold and silver bug for years until I discovered Bitcoin. And then suddenly it hit me as to the reason that gold and silver only slowly appreciate, even though fiat money is being printed like crazy. It was a mystery to me why gold has only just reached its 1980 peak in inflation adjusted terms, and silver is still way behind. No wonder stupid conspiracy theories float about price suppression.

The real reason the PMs languish at the margins of the world economy is that they are no good for remote payments. Yet 99% of payments (by value) in a modern economy are transacted remotely! People are all forced to use fiat because of the technological society we live in.

Drum roll.... That is why Bitcoin has so much potential, it is scarce like PMs, but fantastic for remote payments. There has been nothing like it before.

vssa (OP)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 06:34:44 AM

Silver at 29 ,Bitcoin at 34 ...big f&#ing news

You think Bitcoin price above silver price has not been acknowledged by High Finance? It’s likely, contrarily, they know what’s going on, and they are not pleased with this new p2p currency stealing headlines, allowing the entire world to ignore fiat in real time, now, today. Nothing short of a 51% attack on the network can allow them to control the price.  The dominant financial system must protect itself from $100 Bitcoin prices as large-scale investors move into the market. Marketing this new advent as a bank, the place to store your Bitcoin, the Bitcoin community has to acknowledge that the Powers That Be will need a mechanism (bank/exchange) to control our beloved BTC price. There is merely not enough supply at these new levels to sustain any sort of serial million dollar investments without really moving the price.  Check the Mt. Gox tick chart, the price was knocked from $34.80 to $33.15 in about one hour off 22,000 BTC ; that means only $748,000 in BTC needed to be moved in one hour to move the price 4.75%. That is 6.1 days worth of BTC supply.

Full post here:http://silvervigilante.com/coinlab-repatriates-funds-to-us-no-thanks/
xxjs

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 05:10:03 PM

Even though comparison between bitcoin dollar price and silver troy oz dollar price is not relevant for anything, you still wanted to post it in two different threads.

I love it when idots peddle fud like this, because it has a stabilizing effect on the bitcoin dollar price.
flaab

Activity: 121

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 10:53:31 AM

but silver on the other hand might disappear from the market in 2 years
==========
Do you have any proof for this claim?
Plenty. Central banks are no longer holding silver because they sold it off.
And for the first time, silver is rarer than gold.
Stack silver. Investment of the decade.
debianlinux

Activity: 221

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 12:22:06 PM

Plenty. Central banks are no longer holding silver because they sold it off.
And for the first time, silver is rarer than gold.
Stack silver. Investment of the decade.

I agree Silver is a great investment and has huge upside potential. However, you are behind a decade. Silver was the investment of last decade (pre-2010). Bitcoin is the investment of this decade. Quit being late to the party for once.
creativex

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 12:39:53 PM

Stack both silver and BTC, they're both fantastic and complement each other. Silver was money in the US as recently as 1964 so it's easy to convey it's intrinsic value to the uninitiated. Then when(not if) the gold to silver ratio(currently 55:1) gets back to historic norms(15:1) you can swap some of your silver for gold.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 11:31:05 AM

Stack both silver and BTC, they're both fantastic and complement each other. Silver was money in the US as recently as 1964 so it's easy to convey it's intrinsic value to the uninitiated. Then when(not if) the gold to silver ratio(currently 55:1) gets back to historic norms(15:1) you can swap some of your silver for gold.

+1.

In fact, assuming that your cashflow is positive, I would suggest for now:

Net worth <$10k = 100% BTC
$10 - $100k = 50% BTC, 50% silver
$100 - $500k = 25% BTC, 50% silver, 25% gold
$500k - $5M = maximum 5-10k BTC, rest split up 50/50 in silver & gold
more = have fun Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 11:33:17 AM

So someone with $100k should have more bitcoins than someone with $5M ?
I agree with your general thesis that the less money you have (and if you are young), the more you can take on risky assets, but the $100k, $5M thing seems wrong.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 11:37:05 AM

+1.

In fact, assuming that your cashflow is positive, I would suggest for now:

Net worth <$10k = 100% BTC
$10 - $100k = 50% BTC, 50% silver
more = have fun Smiley

I wonder why you're suggesting less BTC holdings in absulute terms for high-net-worth people than for the lowest-net-worth category?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 11:46:51 AM

above 100k, there should be a substantial portion allocated to real estate-a small apartment to rent out, better yet a house with a garden.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: