Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:31:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Theymos Help a girl out my Bitcoin Talk account has been Hacked!!!  (Read 5931 times)
realcassieheart (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 05:53:38 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2016, 06:22:21 AM by realcassieheart

Here is my video proving I am Cassie Heart "https://www.youtube.com/embed/wnDQYqwto90"

I have also tweeted from my official twitter account to Bitcointalk here https://twitter.com/CassieHeart/status/730230681691901952

Yesterday I was unable to login to my account or recover my password from my email so I made this new account and posted in the newbies forum for help here. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1468048.msg14813303#msg14813303

A forum member by the name of knightdk almost immediately wrote me and said he had escrowed the sale of my account that it had been sold.So after I DM'ed him on twitter to prove it was me he gave me more information about the sale.

The seller is 2Accounts (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=836927), which unfortunately is a throwaway account. The buyer is Cantoner (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=698307). The seller provided me the following as proof of ownership:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg13752905#msg13752905

message: selling cassieheart account to Cantoner on 09-05-2016
address: 16K7dX8QWaxiuEcE9jpCF8ecSYdcWmLN7X
signature: IPoV2Gwihk2YkgcwARZ7/x7R/YVAg8ENvEvPsxwavzozR+J8ZdikA3yNHxL9offcrjEsM4Ys0ykWeqkv6yLA37c=

The hacker must have had the password to my account for 3 or more months because he staked an address on my account to prove he was the owner. I didn't notice the post to be honest I never check and I haven't been very active on my account lately been so busy.

Now the impostor who bought my account is holding it ransom until I pay him back what he paid for it. I think that is ridiculous I am not going to reward some one for bad behavior farming / buying and selling accounts, posing as some one else is deceptive and shady. For all I know even the escrower that is seemingly trying to help me is in on it. It all seems shady and fishy to me. The guy wrote me on my own account to tell me this !

Hi there i see you are online i had done everything right signed message from the adress staked,soo i believe will be hard for you recover this account,i dont wanna to hit or anything related to your business,there is several pm here i havent changed nothing,if you able to make the payment to recover your previous account let me know we can use escrow.When i bought this account i had used escrow soo we can use the same person and you get back your account and me my bitcoins spent as this account,let me know your opinion.

Unfortunately I do not have access to any bitcoin addresses I have posted on my account and honestly I don't remember if I ever have. So I cant prove ownership that way so I hope my video and access to other accounts will prove its me. This is all a bad dream a really ,really horrible bad dream I want to wake up from lol. Please help a girl out!

~Cassie

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 06:59:20 AM

Sorry to hear you got hacked that's really shitty. But I don't think that it'll be possible for you to reclaim that account. Now don't take this the wrong way, I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm just considering possible scenarios. Who's to say you didn't sell the account yourself and now that you have the Bitcoins, you're just trying to get the account back and keep the BTC? You see what I'm getting at? If that were to be the case then it wouldn't be fair on the buyer to have paid for the account and then having to return it without getting his money back. You'll need better proof before the mods will consider taking action.
I sincerely hope you get your account back if you're truly the victim here. Good luck.
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 07:31:22 AM

i really dont understand why they allow the selling of accounts on this forum..
it really sets things up to be scammed easy.
realcassieheart (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 07:36:28 AM

Really wtf how much more proof do I need lmfao?
If I really needed 0.075BTC or $33 USD don't you think I could come up with a easier way then this? Honestly ObscureBean thats insulting..

Sorry to hear you got hacked that's really shitty. But I don't think that it'll be possible for you to reclaim that account. Now don't take this the wrong way, I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm just considering possible scenarios. Who's to say you didn't sell the account yourself and now that you have the Bitcoins, you're just trying to get the account back and keep the BTC? You see what I'm getting at? If that were to be the case then it wouldn't be fair on the buyer to have paid for the account and then having to return it without getting his money back. You'll need better proof before the mods will consider taking action.
I sincerely hope you get your account back if you're truly the victim here. Good luck.
realcassieheart (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 07:45:02 AM

Yes I agree I didn't know till today it was allowed. It's dishonest and shady...

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 07:50:58 AM

Yes I agree I didn't know till today it was allowed. It's dishonest and shady...

yep found out the hard way.. its a thing that people buy accounts with good green trust and then use that trust to scam people..

Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:04:38 AM

Your youtube video does not mean anything lol
ObscureBean
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 08:06:36 AM

Really wtf how much more proof do I need lmfao?
If I really needed 0.075BTC or $33 USD don't you think I could come up with a easier way then this? Honestly ObscureBean thats insulting..

I'm really sorry if I insulted you, that was not my intention. I didn't even consider the money involved here, I said what I said in the interest of fairness and logic. Surely you recognize the scenario I described above as a possibility, whether or not it is true in this particular case. And why a ruling in your favor would be unfair without sufficient evidence.
notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 08:08:55 AM

Care to elaborate how the "accused" seller could sign a message from a staked address?

Yes I can understand he might have logged in to your account and staked that address.

How about signing it from one of your addresses:

Code:
1BBfFxeYerSaidBHArWY6cs7oZku9z2ejn
19HVKRumThxn3ixoYH17cbeJ7MUbnQhpyY
1M6tN6EvHpydFdrW6yRrDGHLuiVHknrsnG
1Nrr7NKkEKKX8MUH6YNVzRvsWQdF62Aykn
121X5fzVwNnCA3aHK6QDoF7hSDz6PSQU5d
1EsAugx5vYcVsSbCXnwqzpQNfRJtUAoa9r
16skaxusXUmMCWWKKTu237BdTEqvzdjZdN
1K3txYYf7XimPkD4th5hDUagd3WooDRoCC
13CmQfEFVgQH7ebnhALdJzFMiY3ZCKPi9k

Or you might sign from one of these addresses as well:

Code:
https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/3886f8001eed15bd/addresses
https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/0aa5cfc6d54a6f61/addresses
https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/3a9386fbd5cc0dd0/addresses

Your youtube video does not mean anything lol

Yes, you need to provide a feasible digital signature as proof.
Currently those proofs won't convince theymos. For reference, click here.

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:30:58 AM

maybe im not reading this right, but the staked address that was signed on the 11th..

Code:
1AM9zCKsA31LVMDMyqJEoFBSSRgAdUzHL3

Hi there this is cassieheart from bitcointalk and this is my staked adrress.May 2016.

H55Fl1vwlxujul3vZkFzeYQ9M3WbS6CN9OIb1e5vN1SvN8RXLsIfP/1HnKAU8L+Io4V1P21L2Y2ged9yhgm7nJI=

isnt the same one she had quoted before

what is use of staking bitcoin address here
my address is
16K7dX8QWaxiuEcE9jpCF8ecSYdcWmLN7X

so if you sign that one i think all should be restored?

hmm doesnt look like either address has been used tho.. why would anyone stake an unused address..

twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 10:09:15 AM

maybe im not reading this right, but the staked address that was signed on the 11th..

1AM9zCKsA31LVMDMyqJEoFBSSRgAdUzHL3

Hi there this is cassieheart from bitcointalk and this is my staked adrress.May 2016.

H55Fl1vwlxujul3vZkFzeYQ9M3WbS6CN9OIb1e5vN1SvN8RXLsIfP/1HnKAU8L+Io4V1P21L2Y2ged9yhgm7nJI=

isnt the same one she had quoted before

what is use of staking bitcoin address here
my address is
16K7dX8QWaxiuEcE9jpCF8ecSYdcWmLN7X

so if you sign that one i think all should be restored?

hmm doesnt look like either address has been used tho.. why would anyone stake an unused address..

Not an expert or anything but pretty sure they're different addresses.

Although, after watching her video I am convinced she is telling the truth. But sadly the odds of getting this account back are against her for she can't provide any signed proofs. And rules are same for everyone, whether it be Craig Wright or a girl with pretty eyes. That rhymed slightly

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1814
Merit: 2727

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 10:20:49 AM

Unfortunately I do not have access to any bitcoin addresses I have posted on my account and honestly I don't remember if I ever have. So I cant prove ownership that way so I hope my video and access to other accounts will prove its me. This is all a bad dream a really ,really horrible bad dream I want to wake up from lol. Please help a girl out!

~Cassie

Your cassieheart account appears to have done a btc/paypal transaction with JohnK back around September of 2013... it might be a long shot but maybe if you were able to sign a message from the address that JohnK sent your BTC to?  You would obviously need JohnK to confirm the address he sent it to.

ObscureBean
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 01:09:16 PM

~Cassie

Your cassieheart account appears to have done a btc/paypal transaction with JohnK back around September of 2013... it might be a long shot but maybe if you were able to sign a message from the address that JohnK sent your BTC to?  You would obviously need JohnK to confirm the address he sent it to.

The issue is not so much about her proving it's her account, I'm fairly sure it's hers. The problem is that she is not the only one involved with this account, the buyer probably didn't know it was a hacked account when he bought it. You can't just take it from him after he paid money for it and give it back to her.
I've had a quick look at Cantoner's account and he looks like a legit buyer. It looks like he bought the account because he was interested in joining signature campaigns (I may be wrong).
What I'm trying to say is that a ruling must be fair. I feel sorry for Cassie but Cantoner also stands to lose from this.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1814
Merit: 2727

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 01:20:39 PM

~Cassie

Your cassieheart account appears to have done a btc/paypal transaction with JohnK back around September of 2013... it might be a long shot but maybe if you were able to sign a message from the address that JohnK sent your BTC to?  You would obviously need JohnK to confirm the address he sent it to.

The issue is not so much about her proving it's her account, I'm fairly sure it's hers. The problem is that she is not the only one involved with this account, the buyer probably didn't know it was a hacked account when he bought it. You can't just take it from him after he paid money for it and give it back to her.
I've had a quick look at Cantoner's account and he looks like a legit buyer. It looks like he bought the account because he was interested in joining signature campaigns (I may be wrong).
What I'm trying to say is that a ruling must be fair. I feel sorry for Cassie but Cantoner also stands to lose from this.

If its her account she should get it back, participating in buying/selling accounts isn't a legit practice in my mind, so the buyer should expect to get scammed eventually. I have no heart for people buying accounts, especially for signature campaigns.
Unless cassieheart sold her account intentionally, she should get it back.

ObscureBean
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 01:50:41 PM

~Cassie

If its her account she should get it back, participating in buying/selling accounts isn't a legit practice in my mind, so the buyer should expect to get scammed eventually. I have no heart for people buying accounts, especially for signature campaigns.
Unless cassieheart sold her account intentionally, she should get it back.

Lol it's not about what you think should be legit, it's about justice and fairness. If you think buying/selling accounts isn't a legit practice then you should pick a fight the Bitcointalk for allowing such practices in the first place. As far as I'm concerned they both look like victims and I don't think it's fair to compensate one victim at the expense of the other.

Also I don't know if you read my first comment but how can you be 100% sure she didn't sell her account herself from a sockpuppet and now she's trying to get it back while keeping the BTC she received for it?
I'm not saying that's what she did, I'm actually fairly certain she's a victim here but you can't overlook this possibility.

EDIT: Sorry about the second part, you already mentioned that, I misread your last line.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 01:53:44 PM

Regardless of whether or not the account buyer was tricked if the OP can actually prove that it is her account then the buyer should lose (they got tricked by the seller and that is not the fault of the original account owner).

If you are going to buy accounts on this forum then you should realise that it is very likely that you will be buying hacked accounts (as this forum doesn't care about trying to prevent this from occurring same as it doesn't try and prevent ponzis and altcoin scams which abound).

So if you decide to buy accounts on this forum and you get burned then I have zero sympathy for you (because you could have simply created a new account and waited for it to mature but decided you didn't want to bother with the only reason being "greed").

There is simply no "legit" reason to buy an account - create a new one and "do your time" (like I and most other more seasoned account holders did).

When I joined you had to go through "newbie jail" which they got rid of so I can't see any reason at all to be buying accounts. Would the buyer of the account in question care to justify why they should retain said account if it is proven to have been hacked?

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6535

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 02:16:22 PM

Also I don't know if you read my first comment but how can you be 100% sure she didn't sell her account herself from a sockpuppet and now she's trying to get it back while keeping the BTC she received for it?
I'm not saying that's what she did, I'm actually fairly certain she's a victim here but you can't overlook this possibility.
This is the key problem. The admins can check the IP logs and see who has accessed the account and check if the IPs match, but even that is not definitive because people can use proxies and Tor. The account which sold it was also clearly a throwaway.

I also think this issue if further support for showing the user the IP addresses of recent logins to their accounts so that people can see if someone else has hacked their account but did not change the password.

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 02:54:56 PM

Don't do it Theymos; it's a tramp trap!

I couldn't resist.
tenaciouzd

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 02:58:13 PM

I don't think thymos will do anything as only way to prove ownership is Sign massage from bitcoin address and its seems like you're unable to sign message.

Maybe i am confused about your problem.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 04:27:26 PM

Unfortunately I do not have access to any bitcoin addresses I have posted..

how about the address 1JzPZ5cyuLnxxk3WtXBNESpMPbnN2RisjE ? it was on cassieheart's signature for almost 2 years from March 31, 2014 to January 29, 2016 (plus the twitter @Cassie Heart.).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: