Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:21:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone help me please  (Read 5370 times)
Andlog972 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 08:37:57 PM

Hi I need some help I bought coins from the guy
I have always bought from and they have not gone in to my blockchain.info online wallet even after 50 confirmations they still did not appear I have the txid and they are on the chain I contacted the support and they said they weren't like PayPal ect I explained about the confirmations provided txid and asked would they put them on manually as they are in the chain the last thing I've heard from them was asking if I used a third party site I've told them again that it was generated from there site this was 2 days ago now also the guy I get coins from put a second transaction threw for me and it didn't go in my wallet but is on the chain  I haven't heard anything since yesterday afternoon can anyone help me or give me some advice please I really do not no what to do thanks
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8263

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 08:46:58 PM

Copy and paste the bitcoin address from your blockchain wallet and also the txid of the coins allegedly sent to this address.  Nobody can help you if you don't give some info.

longbob72

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

V2h5IGFyZSB5b3UgcmVhZGluZyB0aGlzPw==

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 08:47:28 PM

I've never read people getting this issue with blockchain.info but if you're 100% sure that the bitcoins went to the correct address, try importing the address to other wallet.

▄▄███████▄▄                           ▄      ▄
   ██████████████▄                       ███    ███
  ███▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████                     ███    ███
  █████████████▄ ▀███                    ███    ███   █▄ ▄▄
   ▀████▄  ▄▄███  ▀███                   ███    ███  ▄████
   ▄███████████   ▄███                  ███    ███  ▀▀███▀▀
   ███           ▄███         ▄▄▄▄      ███    ███     █    ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
  ▄███     ▄▄▄▄█████        ▄█████▄    ▄██▀   ▄██▀    ███   █████████
  ███▄    ████████         ▄███▀▀███   ███    ███    ███▀   █████▀████
   ███     ▀▀█████▄      ▄█████▄ ███   ███    ███    ███    ████   ███
   ███         ▀███▄     ███▀███ ███  ███▀   ███▀    ███    ███▀   ███
   ███           ███▄    ███  ▀▀ ███  ███    ███    ███▀   ▄███    ███
   ▀██▄           ███    ███▄  ▄███   ███    ███    ███    ███    ███▀
    ███           ▀███▄   ████████    ███    ███    ███    ███    ███
    ▀██            ▀████   ▀████▀      ██     ██    ▀██    ▀█▀    ▀█▀

▄▄▀                ▀▄▄
     ▄ ▀▀                    ▀▀ ▄
   ▄ ▀▀▀                      ▀▀▀ ▄
  ▄▀▀▀                          ▀▀▀▄
 ▀█▄▄                            ▄▄█▀
▄█  ▄                            ▄  █▄
▀█ █▀                            ▀█ █▀
█▄  ▄                            ▄  ▄█
▀█ █                              █ █▀
█▄   █                          █   ▄█
 ██▄█▀                          ▀█▄██
  ▀▀  ▄█                      █▄  ▀▀
  ▀██▄ ▀  █▄              ▄█  ▀ ▄██▀
    ▀▀▀   ██  █▄      ▄█  ██   ▀▀▀
     ▀███▄▄▀  ███    ███  ▀▄▄███▀
        ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀    ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀
Free Bitcoins
Chat Lottery & Games
Level Up System with Rewards
▄████████▄  ▄████████▄
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
 ████████    ████████
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
▀████████▀  ▀████████▀
Andlog972 (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 08:53:54 PM

Thank you for the reply I am 100% was the correct address I even gave my seller the details and password so he knew I wasn't talking shit and he messaged the support for me his more experienced friend ha herd of the same problem so would I just make  a new wallet on blockchain.info ?
longbob72

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

V2h5IGFyZSB5b3UgcmVhZGluZyB0aGlzPw==

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 08:57:37 PM

Thank you for the reply I am 100% was the correct address I even gave my seller the details and password so he knew I wasn't talking shit and he messaged the support for me his more experienced friend ha herd of the same problem so would I just make  a new wallet on blockchain.info ?

you could just make another wallet on blockchain.info and import the address there. but it would be much better to use desktop wallet listed here. I would recommend to use electrum for a start.

giving your account info to another person is NOT a good idea. make sure you never use all of your past addresses after this because they can steal your bitcoins.

by the way it would be better if you do as what xhomerx10 suggested, too.

▄▄███████▄▄                           ▄      ▄
   ██████████████▄                       ███    ███
  ███▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████                     ███    ███
  █████████████▄ ▀███                    ███    ███   █▄ ▄▄
   ▀████▄  ▄▄███  ▀███                   ███    ███  ▄████
   ▄███████████   ▄███                  ███    ███  ▀▀███▀▀
   ███           ▄███         ▄▄▄▄      ███    ███     █    ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
  ▄███     ▄▄▄▄█████        ▄█████▄    ▄██▀   ▄██▀    ███   █████████
  ███▄    ████████         ▄███▀▀███   ███    ███    ███▀   █████▀████
   ███     ▀▀█████▄      ▄█████▄ ███   ███    ███    ███    ████   ███
   ███         ▀███▄     ███▀███ ███  ███▀   ███▀    ███    ███▀   ███
   ███           ███▄    ███  ▀▀ ███  ███    ███    ███▀   ▄███    ███
   ▀██▄           ███    ███▄  ▄███   ███    ███    ███    ███    ███▀
    ███           ▀███▄   ████████    ███    ███    ███    ███    ███
    ▀██            ▀████   ▀████▀      ██     ██    ▀██    ▀█▀    ▀█▀

▄▄▀                ▀▄▄
     ▄ ▀▀                    ▀▀ ▄
   ▄ ▀▀▀                      ▀▀▀ ▄
  ▄▀▀▀                          ▀▀▀▄
 ▀█▄▄                            ▄▄█▀
▄█  ▄                            ▄  █▄
▀█ █▀                            ▀█ █▀
█▄  ▄                            ▄  ▄█
▀█ █                              █ █▀
█▄   █                          █   ▄█
 ██▄█▀                          ▀█▄██
  ▀▀  ▄█                      █▄  ▀▀
  ▀██▄ ▀  █▄              ▄█  ▀ ▄██▀
    ▀▀▀   ██  █▄      ▄█  ██   ▀▀▀
     ▀███▄▄▀  ███    ███  ▀▄▄███▀
        ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀    ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀
Free Bitcoins
Chat Lottery & Games
Level Up System with Rewards
▄████████▄  ▄████████▄
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
 ████████    ████████
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
▀████████▀  ▀████████▀
Andlog972 (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 11:14:16 PM

Sorry had net trouble there here is the txid

730fd112c2cef6f49131f8d6099c0f1166b8ab91a6dc08ad0b10a85a9431b3ec

The address: 1Masr1mezkmAqhtWT9RsWzt2e21aYApco

https://blockchain.info/address/1Masr1mezkmAqhtWT9RsWzt2e21aYApco
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 12:35:54 AM

I have always bought from and they have not gone in to my blockchain.info online wallet even after 50 confirmations they still did not appear I have the txid and they are on the chain I contacted the support and they said they weren't like PayPal ect I explained about the confirmations provided txid and asked would they put them on manually as they are in the chain the last thing I've heard from them was asking if I used a third party site I've told them again that it was generated from there site this was 2 days ago now also the guy I get coins from put a second transaction threw for me and it didn't go in my wallet but is on the chain  I haven't heard anything since yesterday afternoon can anyone help me or give me some advice please I really do not no what to do thanks

What do you mean "it was generated from there site?"  What was generated?  Are you referring to the address: 1Masr1mezkmAqhtWT9RsWzt2e21aYApco

Can you actually see that address in your online blockchain.info wallet?  Are you using the new version or the legacy version of the blockchain.info wallet?
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1303

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 01:09:40 AM

Export the private key for this address and import it into a lightweight wallet.  If you did generate it on their site, you should be able to do so.

Blockchain.info is often unreliable.
vlamer

Activity: 101
Merit: 11

N.E.E.T

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 01:33:56 AM

can you see that address in wallet ? if not i guess their in archived addresses ..

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 02:23:08 AM

The transaction you listed completed:

https://blockchain.info/tx/730fd112c2cef6f49131f8d6099c0f1166b8ab91a6dc08ad0b10a85a9431b3ec

So, I do not understand your question I guess.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1303

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 02:48:55 AM

The transaction you listed completed:

https://blockchain.info/tx/730fd112c2cef6f49131f8d6099c0f1166b8ab91a6dc08ad0b10a85a9431b3ec

So, I do not understand your question I guess.

Burt,
I think that he is saying he generated an address for his bc.i wallet, but although the coins are showing up at that address on the block chain, they are not showing up on the bc.i wallet and he is trying to get bc.i support to "manually" apply them which isn't how bc.i works, hence their comment about not being like PayPal.

OP, if you  did generate that address there, you should be able to export the private key and import it elsewhere and avoid them entirely. 

If the address shows up in your account at bc.i, then just export it.  If not, then restore from a backup that includes that address. If you don't have access to that private key, bc.i support can't help you.

See: https://blockchain.info/es/wallet-legacy/wallet-faq
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 06:17:47 AM

Yes, everything checks out with his story in the OP.

First transaction for 5.18940764 BTC on 2016-05-11 22:08:04

A second "test" transaction for 0.0001 BTC on 2016-05-12 09:04:56

https://blockchain.info/tx/8cb21526f1882a69a9a181330e4e1154c1f209deac305fa23987b5d29c5bc4fc

Both show up and are present in the address:

https://blockchain.info/address/1Masr1mezkmAqhtWT9RsWzt2e21aYApco

Looks good.

So not showing up in his wallet...

Perhaps the address was archived (as suggested above by vlamer)?  Check your archived addresses and see if it is there.  If so them un-archive the address.

Just a guess.  Something I have done by accident myself.  If not then we may need to dig deeper.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Andlog972 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 08:51:37 AM

Thanks everyone I made the wallet on Bc.i it's the new online wallet I dunno if I generated it was the correct term I'm rather new to this but I have never had this problem before I have created 2 more help requests with support and they haven't answered but put them as solved how do I check if iv archived the wallet  and I've never imported a wallet before what do I do bc.i sayid that there not like PayPal ect saying I should contact the seller they haven't done anything since I've sent them the txid and a link to the chain you guys have seen it 2 it's went threw there chain confirmed but yet I have not been credited I have not been hacked or anything like that as there's no transaction history or anything I made the wallet on Bc.i that day Sad
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 01:14:02 PM

This is why I like helping people:  you learn something new when you do.  For example before I got my Trezor hardware deterministic wallet  I used blockchain.info extensively.  I had not bothered to look at their new wallet because I now believe that everyone should use deterministic wallets for many reasons (see my post history on this subject). 

Behold the new blockchain.info wallet is a deterministic wallet!  That is fantastic.  I can now just send noobs to Blockchain.info, have them use the new wallet and wala, they are using a deterministic wallet.  Happy day.

Knowing this let's get on with your problem.  Do the following and carefully answer all of the following questions:

Did you create a brand new wallet for this transaction (pressed Create New Blockchain Wallet) or did you use the same wallet you had used before for this transaction (pressed Login To The New Blockchain Wallet and logged into a wallet you had previously used)?

If you used the same wallet had you used the wallet once before or a few times before?

You said you had bought BTC before, right?  This is not your first purchase, right?

If you bought BTC before did you create a brand new wallet at blockchain.info every time you bought BTC?

You said you are using the New Blockchain Wallet.  That means to get to your wallet now you are going to this page:
https://blockchain.info/wallet/#/
and clicking on "Login To The New Blockchain Wallet".  Is that right?

1) Log in to the wallet

In the upper right hand corner is the balance shown 0 BTC or some other number that is not zero?

2) Click on SETTINGS

3) In the drop down click on Addresses

4) You should see "My Bitcoin Wallet (N BTC) / Default    Show xPub Manage Addresses"  Where N is a number of Bitcoins.

Is that true?  Is that what you see?

Is the value N equal to zero or is it another number?

5) Click on "Manage Addresses"

Are there any addresses showing up on the "Manage Addresses" page at all?

If there are addresses how many addresses are shown?

If there are addresses is the address 1Masr1mezkmAqhtWT9RsWzt2e21aYApco showing up in the list?

This is very important.  Read this very carefully, do exactly as I say, and report back exactly what happens: 

If there are no addresses at all OR if there are addresses but the address 1Masr1mezkmAqhtWT9RsWzt2e21aYApco is not in the list then press the New Address button ONE TIME.

Now you should have one address if there were none, or a new address added to the list if there were already addresses there.

Is the address 1Masr1mezkmAqhtWT9RsWzt2e21aYApco now in the list?

Do everything I asked and report back and we will take it from there.

xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 01:32:07 PM

Thanks everyone I made the wallet on Bc.i it's the new online wallet I dunno if I generated it was the correct term I'm rather new to this but I have never had this problem before I have created 2 more help requests with support and they haven't answered but put them as solved how do I check if iv archived the wallet  and I've never imported a wallet before what do I do bc.i sayid that there not like PayPal ect saying I should contact the seller they haven't done anything since I've sent them the txid and a link to the chain you guys have seen it 2 it's went threw there chain confirmed but yet I have not been credited I have not been hacked or anything like that as there's no transaction history or anything I made the wallet on Bc.i that day Sad

You can forget about the txid now because the transaction is complete. It's clouding your mind with useless information. You have to find the address 1Masr1mezkmAqhtWT9RsWzt2e21aYApco because that is where your coins reside.  So in that vein, follow BurtW's advice.  Good luck.

Andlog972 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 09:38:16 PM

yes burtw i have boght coins before . yes i created a new wallet for that transaction but i do not always do that i have used a few wallets on bc.i and have used a cupl of them for quite a few transactions and i did use the create new blockchain wallet button i usually use a tablet\iphone im going to login and check the rest on my laptop ill let you no soon thanks agian i havent herd from bc.i support does anyone think i will ?
Andlog972 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 10:01:07 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2016, 10:31:15 PM by Cyrus

1) Log in to the wallet

In the upper right hand corner is the balance shown 0 BTC or some other number that is not zero?

2) Click on SETTINGS

3) In the drop down click on Addresses

4) You should see "My Bitcoin Wallet (N BTC) / Default    Show xPub Manage Addresses"  Where N is a number of Bitcoins.

Is that true?  Is that what you see?

Is the value N equal to zero or is it another number?

5) Click on "Manage Addresses"

Are there any addresses showing up on the "Manage Addresses" page at all?

If there are addresses how many addresses are shown?

If there are addresses is the address 1Masr1mezkmAqhtWT9RsWzt2e21aYApco showing up in the list?

This is very important.  Read this very carefully, do exactly as I say, and report back exactly what happens:  

If there are no addresses at all OR if there are addresses but the address 1Masr1mezkmAqhtWT9RsWzt2e21aYApco is not in the list then press the New Address button ONE TIME.

Now you should have one address if there were none, or a new address added to the list if there were already addresses there.

Is the address 1Masr1mezkmAqhtWT9RsWzt2e21aYApco now in the list?

Do everything I asked and report back and we will take it from there.

I have done as instructed I don't no what you mean about the n value but it says 0btc it had no address atoll I pressed the new address button and the address : 1Masr1mezkmAqhtWT9RsWzt2e21aYApco       has appeared
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 10:40:52 PM

yes burtw i have boght coins before . yes i created a new wallet for that transaction but i do not always do that i have used a few wallets on bc.i and have used a cupl of them for quite a few transactions and i did use the create new blockchain wallet button i usually use a tablet\iphone im going to login and check the rest on my laptop ill let you no soon thanks agian i havent herd from bc.i support does anyone think i will ?

I have done as instructed I don't no what you mean about the n value but it says 0btc it had no address atoll I pressed the new address button and the address : 1Masr1mezkmAqhtWT9RsWzt2e21aYApco       has appeared

OK, so before you pressed the new address button you did not have any addresses in the list then after you pressed the new address button you now have just one address in the list and the address is the address 1Masr1mezkmAqhtWT9RsWzt2e21aYApco.

Did the balance on your wallet change to 5.18950764 BTC?

I am going to assume the answer is NO since you did not say "thanks, everything is OK now".

Obviously your wallet should show the balance since we have proved that 1Masr1mezkmAqhtWT9RsWzt2e21aYApco is in fact the first Bitcoin address in the Bitcoin address sequence for this wallet.

Since this is a brand new wallet, you have never used it for any other transactions, everyone already knows the two transactions we are looking for, I am only asking for the public key from this wallet it is OK in this case for you to send me the xpub key for this wallet.  You can send it to me as a personal message through this forum.  To let you know what I would do with it, I would import it into a wallet as a "watch only" address and see if I can see the balance on a new wallet.  I would not have your private key, I could not get your private key and I would not be able to access or spend your coins.

You should see a link that says "show xPub", click that and cut and past the xpub key into a personal message to me.  Your xpub key is a very long string of numbers that starts with "xPub".

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 08:23:31 AM

Got the xpub form Andlog972 and tried it in the blockchain.info xpub api:

https://blockchain.info/xpub/xpub6C....

And there are no transactions at all, strange.  I did not see an easy way to get the blockchain API to dump the public Bitcoin address sequence.  Does anyone know a simple API for that?

I also put the xpub into the following wallet:

https://webhdwallet.github.io/

and it got an error message while it was trying to create the public key sequence.  Also the public key sequence generated by the xpub given me did not contain the Bitcoin address we are looking for (but there was the error so the sequence or wallet sequence generation code is suspect).

Does anyone know of another tool I can use to dump the public key sequence from the xpub?

Also Andlog972: 

At this point I think it would be OK and is probably in your best interests to go ahead and publish the xpub here in this thread so more people can try to figure out what went wrong.  At this point I can not figure out what went wrong and we need more help.

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 08:38:03 AM

Tried the xpub again at http://bip32.org/

The sequence generated was:

1Cdx...
1LAf...
1P6t...
1Q4h...
1FRC...
1Gdc...
1EhT...
18De...
122j...

Notice the address we are looking for is not in the sequence (so far).

I have concluded that the xpub you gave me does not generate the address you are looking for.

Are you sure you gave me the correct xpub?  Make sure this is the xpub that generated the address 1Masr1mezkmAqhtWT9RsWzt2e21aYApco in your blockchain.info wallet when you pressed the "New Address" button.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: