Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:18:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: blockchain anonymous payments gone?  (Read 4113 times)
claes88 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 09:46:23 PM

When I try to send anonymously through blockchain.info i can't anymore. The button has disappeared. Is it a conspiracy? ;-) It's the same in firefox and chrome and in both of my wallets. Have sent a support ticket, but not received an answer. Is it the same for everyone else?

If they have abandoned the anonymous payments, can someone advice on another trustable service where i can wash my hot bitcoins? ;-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 11:45:33 PM

Screenshot taken a few seconds ago. . .

Is this the anonymous sending you are looking for?

tom1

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2013, 11:59:14 PM

That's strange ...

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 12:04:08 AM

Are you using Tor, a VPN or any kind of proxy??
press

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 12:06:42 AM

Anybody know how popular the anonymous option is (or was?)? 1.5% fee seems a bit steep.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 12:09:33 AM

He is right.  It was there, then I refreshed the page, logged back in, and it was gone.  No more anon option.

Posted the question in the main thread.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
tom1

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 12:10:37 AM

Are you using Tor, a VPN or any kind of proxy??

No.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 12:15:32 AM

Has anyone sent a PM to piuk about this?
wtf_blockchain

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 02:34:23 AM

When I try to send anonymously through blockchain.info i can't anymore. The button has disappeared. Is it a conspiracy? ;-) It's the same in firefox and chrome and in both of my wallets. Have sent a support ticket, but not received an answer. Is it the same for everyone else?

If they have abandoned the anonymous payments, can someone advice on another trustable service where i can wash my hot bitcoins? ;-)

Hopefully someone has an answer to at least what is going on, soon.
claes88 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 02:09:40 PM

Support question was sent yesterday. Of course I'm behind a VPN. That shouldn't matter, we have the right to protect our anonymity against any site.

I need an alternative. Is bitcoinfog.com reliable alternative? How quick are they to send through payments through their system?
bluedye

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 02:13:13 PM

Support question was sent yesterday. Of course I'm behind a VPN. That shouldn't matter, we have the right to protect our anonymity against any site.

I need an alternative. Is bitcoinfog.com reliable alternative? How quick are they to send through payments through their system?

Really? How can no one know whats going on here?
Ouch. I had used blockchain.info to send various anon payments as its only 1.5% rather than BitcoinFog's 3%.
claes88 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 02:21:12 PM

I know it's an outrage, I hope blockchain.info at least can come out with an explanation soon.. I can't afford to pay 3% either, i use anon payments for everything.. Must be a better alternative somewhere.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 04:14:06 PM

Yes, you have the right to be anonymous while visiting any site. Any site also has the right to only make services available to anonymous users if they want to. If they don't want to provide anonymous transactions to anonymous persons, that's their call.

BTW: I hope that's not what's happening here. But it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they didn't want to provide that service to accounts which access them trough anonymizing software, or using IP's on some blacklist.
claes88 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 04:47:11 PM

Yes, you have the right to be anonymous while visiting any site. Any site also has the right to only make services available to anonymous users if they want to. If they don't want to provide anonymous transactions to anonymous persons, that's their call.

BTW: I hope that's not what's happening here. But it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they didn't want to provide that service to accounts which access them trough anonymizing software, or using IP's on some blacklist.
Why? What does blockchain.info have to gain to deny us the privilege to send money anonymously? Who has an interest in stopping anonymous payments? Only governments and banking cartels. I thought blockchain.info were on our side.. Still silent from blockchain.info support. A change like this need to be commented upon.
claes88 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 04:55:08 PM

I have requested an official explanation from blockchain.info support referring to this thread.. Let's see what they say.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 06:04:09 PM

Piuk seems to be inactive since Feb 25.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 06:23:51 PM

Why? What does blockchain.info have to gain to deny us the privilege to send money anonymously? Who has an interest in stopping anonymous payments? Only governments and banking cartels. I thought blockchain.info were on our side.. Still silent from blockchain.info support. A change like this need to be commented upon.

They might have to gain not having to close up shop, for example.
wtf_blockchain

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 06:36:08 PM

The funny thing is, it was back in the middle of the night - I logged in to get a new address for a payment, and had the option again.  Now this morning, it is gone again.

WTF Blockchain?

Jenrk

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 07:00:09 PM

Wow even the direct link is going to a blank page, not even a 404, but straight blank.

https://blockchain.info/wallet/send-anonymously

If blockchain really has removed their anon feature then they've really let us down T_T
j05h

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 03:45:04 AM

Does anybody have an update?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: