Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:06:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Solved] I smell scam here - I think bitmarket.io is a scammer  (Read 4860 times)
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2016, 11:56:19 PM

We will see after admin reviews IP logs.
IPs tell almost nothing, it wouldn't be to hard for you to fake that via VPN/TOR/whatever.
(Not saying that you did, I believe you to a point, but hell, stop digging your own grave here.)

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
traderbit (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 12:00:32 AM

Why are you doing this man? What are you trying to do mate? I tried to help you lending money with 0% interest, what benefit could i get? nothing, just helping you.people may think that i trade trust but the deals that i make i never ask for feedback.

Please repay 0.164492BTC to my address: 1BeyxTH4JP4TYB1WUmu1XvPYhw6QTbep4L

Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 12:23:04 AM

My account was hacked. Either the hacker knew my password and logged in or hijacked my session. Either way I have changed my password an hour ago. I'm working on getting this resolved.

I'm sorry for the victim here. I doubt you will recover your funds.

Anyone that knows me knows that I never asked for money/loans and never will, especially one so small, which makes no sense.

Fortunately, this can be easily solved.
bitmarket.io is the correct account.  Meaning, the posts were not from a similar or squatted account.
What makes this easy is that it's a very low amount.  The scammer was stupid enough to only ask for $75.

If it were me, I would just pay off the amount and save face (even on both loans and even though the second one was not asked for).

It's clear the password was changed after the fact (likely when bitmarket.io figured out something was wrong.  So, that scammer likely had the PW.  Less likely the session was hijacked.
bitmarket.io - tell us the password; I mean, you're not going to use it anymore.  Right?
- time to go through your password list and see where else you used the password, cause you don't use the password for all sites, right?

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 01:16:45 AM

I know bitmarket pretty well and he would not scam anyone...especially for such a tiny amount. I agree with Michail though he should just pay the lenders and tighten up his security game.

Bitmarket - I told you 123456 is not a good password bro...
mammabitcoin2u

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Don't follow the herd~make your own path

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 01:48:53 AM

My account was hacked. Either the hacker knew my password and logged in or hijacked my session. Either way I have changed my password an hour ago. I'm working on getting this resolved.

Anyone that knows me knows that I never asked for money/loans and never will, especially one so small, which makes no sense.
Right, but you know that the scam-->"hacked!" scenario is one we've seen over and over here, and it's worn thin. Not straight up calling you a liar, but it's definitely suspicious.  People who've been trusted here have done this.

Saved me a little writing ditto above. I'll say what others won't.  This is another piss poor half assed scam. Here's why:

Bitmarket.io's loan request is same writing style. Account activity same.
Wallet BTC funds went into belongs to Bitmarket.io
Does Bitmaker.io claim his wallet hacked as well?
Request made. Funds sent. Wondering what to do with a double send and goes offline (takes half n hour pondering and decides I'll say someone hacked my account. Transfers funds to new wallet. Sees postings about to tag Red and comes on to say Hacked? )

Give me some credit. A hacker isn't gonna wait 30 min to move funds; let alone move it to a New wallet and leave it there. Smarter scammers put it through a series now I've taught you something for next time.

Acting as if you wouldn't ask for something so small is nothing more than added fodder.

Inside job/scam.  Another pos on this forum Roll Eyes

~Be Wise & Scrutinize Everything~~Scammers are like roaches squash 1 there's millions more hiding~I will NEVER ask for a loan~I got plenty of my own ~ BIGGEST lie to date said about me: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2046485.msg20429473#new
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 02:00:28 AM

Right, but you know that the scam-->"hacked!" scenario is one we've seen over and over here, and it's worn thin. Not straight up calling you a liar, but it's definitely suspicious.  People who've been trusted here have done this.

Saved me a little writing ditto above. I'll say what others won't.  This is another piss poor half assed scam. Here's why:

Request made. Funds sent. Wondering what to do with a double send and goes offline (takes half n hour pondering and decides I'll say someone hacked my account. Transfers funds to new wallet. Sees postings about to tag Red and comes on to say Hacked? )

Give me some credit. A hacker isn't gonna wait 30 min to move funds; let alone move it to a New wallet and leave it there. Smarter scammers put it through a series now I've taught you something for next time.

Acting as if you wouldn't ask for something so small is nothing more than added fodder.

Inside job/scam.  Another pos on this forum Roll Eyes

So the wallet the funds went to are linked to bitmarket? Please post us some evidence as that would change things quite a bit.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 02:06:57 AM

Right, but you know that the scam-->"hacked!" scenario is one we've seen over and over here, and it's worn thin. Not straight up calling you a liar, but it's definitely suspicious.  People who've been trusted here have done this.
Any proof of this? I used blocktrail to see if the address was mentioned on this forum before, and it hasn't. (Running a bctalkaccountpricer.info right now). The address isn't spend linked to any addresses as well.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 02:07:44 AM

Saved me a little writing ditto above. I'll say what others won't.  This is another piss poor half assed scam. Here's why:

Inside job/scam.  Another pos on this forum Roll Eyes

Ummm, what?

I don't see the same writing style you're talking about. Being online while the scammer was online - uhhh, you call this same activity?
The funds went to a new address that hasn't been used before and hasn't been spent yet.
He didn't claim his wallet was hacked, only the bitcointalk account. - refer to the line above.
Not that you're wrong, but it sounds way off to me and you only made assumptions.

A scammer/hacker doesn't need to move coins at all if the address was his own.  I rarely move funds from my accounts unless I am spending them.

If he is selling a 10BTC coin for 18 (although overpriced) doesn't mean he is in need of a small or big loan.  Now, a scammer in a third world country would be happy as hell for $75 scam.

Would you be so dumb to ruin your reputation for $75?  I think not.

enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 02:29:42 AM

It would help if bitmarket.io will sign a message from an old bitcoin address and pay the loan amount and he could stop worrying all these.
since $75 is already sent its all gone now and people will believe what is written here unless its resolved.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 03:38:27 AM

Admins don't always like to get involved in these situations.

If you want to prove that you are the original owner of bitmarket.io and have recovered the account after the "hack" then just sign an old address that you posted here once.
You have sold a  few coins here so there must be an address of your's out there somewhere.

Regardless of if the hack was fake or not, I would say that bitmarket.io should repay both his lenders as it was his account that requested the loan and he is the one who is responsible for maintaining the security of his account.
While I think (and would like to point out that) it was careless to give out a no collateral loan without requesting a signed message (and even more to give one out in private messages, while not really knowing the borrower, like the other guy did), I have to agree with QS here, it would be best for bitmarket.io to repair the damage done with their account and repay both lenders.
I think Traderbit should have asked for signed message. However Traderbit is the victim here, I think it should be repaid in a way, but I think it is also u fair to let someone repay 150$(2 loans). This will be a expensive lesson for either the lenders or the hacked person(real bitmarket.io).
@QS, although the bitmarket.io account was used for these scams and everyone should be responsible for their own account security i don't think the real owner of bitmarket.io should have to repay these loans if he can prove 100% that his account was hacked and someone requested these loans.
I say this because if the lenders had done what they should of such as ask for a signed message from an old posted address then this would never had happened.

I'm still not sure myself which way this should go yet so i am watching closely.

mammabitcoin2u

Activity: 266

Don't follow the herd~make your own path

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 05:11:11 AM

Wallet BTC funds went into belongs to Bwalletet.io
Any proof of this? I used blocktrail to see if the address was mentioned on this forum before, and it hasn't. (Running a bctalkaccountpricer.info right now). The address isn't spend linked to any addresses as well.
I'll quote this and respond to other points too. As I'm not one to get side talked, led in different direction.

1) I didn't use this forum to dig all my info, but, this forum was the start. If you are good at looking then due a little diligence and out of box thinking of only this forum or posted address/wallet. I'll may send u a pm as now I'm on my phone

2) 150 total scam NOT 75 1 user took from 2 people although this is 1 per accusations thread I see the total scam of 150.

3) Reputation name trust etc? Doesn't mean too much when accounts are bought n sold. How many alts. Fake feedback. The time a scammer puts into a scam I've seen from 15 minutes to months/one buck to thousands around here. And ya I'm new to this forum and BTC. BUT I wasn't born last night. Save that argument. All the rep trust etc does is makes things EASIER to relax a little versus Red/newbie.

4) BOTH Lenders no signed message? Believe I have a hard time with this too. I don't think they deserve to get scammed (no one does). It be nice if they got their BTC back. File Scam Accusation and lesson learned.  Sorry you got scammed thanks for the warning.

5) Past style n activity read the postings yourself. I don't have the time or capability to do that now. His scarasm n comments same as the PM message for the guy just outright sending BTC. If you're an American you'll understand the lingo. Loan request same style talk. I wonder if he will delete some posts now?

6) I seen this loan thread unravel. Yes, I read that section to see what scams are new today. After this loan he signed off. I'm sure there's an alt be cuz someone was giving notice bout Scam Accusation thread. Then here he comes his hacked account. And here we are.

7) Gonna be defenders and accusers. I'm for neither just the info on a scammer (everyone is free to do as they wish). I like BTC and this forum some are good folks most are not.

The end of this is Red for Bitmaker.io and  2 lenders are out 75ea.

~Be Wise & Scrutinize Everything~~Scammers are like roaches squash 1 there's millions more hiding~I will NEVER ask for a loan~I got plenty of my own ~ BIGGEST lie to date said about me: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2046485.msg20429473#new
bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 06:16:36 AM

Why are you doing this man? What are you trying to do mate? I tried to help you lending money with 0% interest, what benefit could i get? nothing, just helping you.people may think that i trade trust but the deals that i make i never ask for feedback.

Seriously buddy I am not doing this to you. I noticed I started sending/receiving weird PMs about some loans and I thought it was some glitch in the forum displaying other people's PMs but after a deeper look I noticed someone was using my account at the same time. I quickly changed my password. I'm not sure if they guessed my password or hijacked my session or what happened. I'm very upset this happened to my account and want to clear it immediately. The people here that know me best like Blazed and michali1 and several others can tell you I am not the type who would ask for loans under $100. Just out of character.

Anyway if you sent your coins they're pretty much gone.
ThirstyMoon

Activity: 321

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 06:52:06 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2016, 07:50:33 AM by ThirstyMoon

First time posting about this outside the loan thread.

Technically I sent the first of the two loans. It wasn't unasked, bitmarket.io sent me a message that he still needed it. Of course, I know all loans should be public, but I was wrong to trust a person who was in hindsight asking multiple people simultaneously for the same loan.

Secondly, I'm not totally new to lending, anyone can check my post history and Trust page.

To bitmarket.io, your last post makes me think you really don't give a damn about your account. If you have it from 2013, how can you possibly think there's a glitch and you receive other people's messages? Seriously? Both me and traderbit sent to your account 75$.

Of course our coins are gone, that's how coins work. If you are so careless with your account, I'll at least know I payed 75$ to show that you're a really irresponsible person and people shouldn't deal with you.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 07:16:01 AM

@QS, although the bitmarket.io account was used for these scams and everyone should be responsible for their own account security i don't think the real owner of bitmarket.io should have to repay these loans if he can prove 100% that his account was hacked and someone requested these loans.
I say this because if the lenders had done what they should of such as ask for a signed message from an old posted address then this would never had happened.
It is impossible to prove that the account was hacked and it is impossible to prove that it was someone else that requested the loans. Even if a different IP address was used then it would be possible that the "real" bitmarket.io was using a VPN/tor/was connecting to the forum via that IP address via other means. Even if the btc was sent to an address specifically linked to someone else that does not mean that bitmarket.io did not receive the money via some other means. I am not necessarily saying that either of these is true, however I am just pointing out that it is not possible to prove that an account was actually hacked.

Yes it is a good practice to get a signed message from someone prior to sending a loan (or sending first as part of a trade) because someone who does not receive any economic benefit from a loan (or a trade) is much less likely to keep their end of the deal, especially if the amount they need to cover is so large that they cannot easily afford to cover the losses (although this is not the case in this situation as bitmarket.io is currently attempting to sell a casascius coin loaded with 10 BTC worth of digital value).

At the end of the day each of the lenders relied upon bitmarket.io's reputation and trust when they decided to collectively send him the $150. If I am trading with someone and I provide an incorrect address to send to and/or otherwise do not receive money due to my own fault then I will need to cover those losses, and the same is true for anyone else who wishes to maintain a positive reputation. If bitmarket.io is not going to cover the losses, then his reputation should be reflected as much.

If bitmarket.io had a very strong reputation of always (with no exceptions) signing addresses that he was requesting payment to and/or always requesting payment to a specific address then I might feel a little different about the situation, however this is not the case.
traderbit (OP)

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 07:40:06 AM

Saved me a little writing ditto above. I'll say what others won't.  This is another piss poor half assed scam. Here's why:

Inside job/scam.  Another pos on this forum Roll Eyes

I would like to know if this info is 100% true how you conclude this?

Seriously buddy I am not doing this to you. I noticed I started sending/receiving weird PMs about some loans and I thought it was some glitch in the forum displaying other people's PMs but after a deeper look I noticed someone was using my account at the same time. I quickly changed my password. I'm not sure if they guessed my password or hijacked my session or what happened. I'm very upset this happened to my account and want to clear it immediately. The people here that know me best like Blazed and michali1 and several others can tell you I am not the type who would ask for loans under $100. Just out of character.

Anyway if you sent your coins they're pretty much gone.

If you are the real owner of the account you should carry about your trust and reputation here if you want to continue dealing with other members, i was stupid sending the loan without verifiying any bitcoin address or requiring a signed message.
Can you sign a message that you got your account back?

BitcoinAccepted
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 08:37:44 AM

Just to throw it out there.

I've been on here since 2013 - Bitmarket.IO has always come across as straight down the line in all of his posts.

The mans sat on more physical Bitcoin than most of us will ever see in our lifetime, long list of positive trading history and I've never seen him in the lending section - for $75? He's got coins for sale at the moment for $8000.

Why would he risk his reputation for a few dollars - it Just doesn't add up.

I'm prepared to be proved wrong but my spider senses tell me he hasn't done shit.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 08:54:13 AM

I think that before giving out a BTC to another user, is always better to have the proof of his identity by a signed message on old staked address or simply by other ways used in past (so for example phone, skype, mail ect). All  accounte here should be hacked and using a due diligence is always  the best way .

BitcoinAccepted
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 08:57:38 AM

"I am short a little under $75 on a purchase I would like to make, will be able to buy more btc from coinbase instantly tonight, if you want to do this let me know.
If interested, send me the $75 to: 183WRNcWtfWq46u1VvcXRSTeooBo6jFNUH
And send me a pm, and I'll repay the $85 to the exact same address that sends me the money when I am available to purchase the btc (should be tonight, less then 24 hours.)
Thanks."

Just to add - Bitmarket doesn't say thanks for anything - its not his style. Run a search of his 1400+ posts and the word 'thanks' - I count 1 occasion he uses the word "thanks" a couple of years back on a post where someone gave him some advice.

In his dealings / sales of coins / comments etc the man doesn't say thanks. So maybe he needs to work on his manners or something Tongue but when I read that post the first thing that stood out was the word 'thanks'

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 10:58:42 AM

bitmarket.io is online and watching this thread:

P.S I think that i should contact those that have left positive feedback to bitmarket.io and maybe they can help me to reach the real owner of the account(if it is hacked).

Sorry about the scam.
If you don't mind me asking, how do we check the "Who's online" page?
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 12:58:14 PM

If you don't mind me asking, how do we check the "Who's online" page?

Took me a while to find it as well....
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=who

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: