Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:17:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Them BFL Cowboys  (Read 14368 times)
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 05:03:24 AM

Entropy. You are a moron. Yes, they missed the power targets so far, but they are shipping, and the asics work.

God you are a troll.

Shipping?  Really?  Do you have one?  What's your tracking number?

Call me when you can order from them and get a tracking number the same day.

BTW:  Do you understand that the power miss they are talking about probably means they cannot use the board design they have shown because the power density will be too high to cool properly?  It's not a small issue.  There is a reason Avalon boards have their chips so widely separated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:15:28 AM

How did the production projection go down from 500 a day to 300 units per day?

Regarding whether we are a scam or not, the several thousand shipped units can speak for itself. We've used the experience gained in mass production
of our singles in our SC production cycle (we've got a MyData Pick-And-Place and an Oven for high-speed and high-volume inhouse assembly). Someone
mentioned the backlog is already 5,000. On a production speed of 500 units a day for instance, 5,000 will only take 10 days. We've already prepared the
infratructue for very high volume production, since the great portion of the orders will come in after the SC is released to the public. 5,000 units is not much
compared to orders we expect to receive after SC release, so we're very ready for it.

I hope this message has addressed some of your questions.

Regards,
Nasser

What is Nasser's full name?

LOL.  He is calling the gear Kano photographed "high-speed and high-volume inhouse assembly".  LMAO.  

Notice he carefully he says nothing.

"Someone mentioned the backlog is already 5,000"  - he isn't saying what the backlog actually is, he's just citing 'someone'.  Maybe it's 50,000.  He doesn't commit himself to anything.  Probably they don't even know since their order system is such a disaster.

"On a production speed of 500 units a day for instance, 5,000 will only take 10 days. We've already prepared the
infratructue for very high volume production, since the great portion of the orders will come in after the SC is released to the public."

Again, notice that 500 / day is a for instance, not a statement of what they can do.

These guys are so full of crap.  Tomorrow they are going to desperately try to stem the tide of refund requests before they go bankrupt.  I suggest anyone who can think for themselves consider if they want to try to get their money back before or after insolvency.

They pull those word games constantly and it's very disturbing. To someone casually reading the statement "We've scheduled shipments for October" it appears to read "We will ship in October", but it doesn't mean the same thing. Their statements are similar to those you get from banksters, they're inefficiently worded and it's done intentionally so that the statements mean nothing.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:20:32 AM

Entropy. You are a moron. Yes, they missed the power targets so far, but they are shipping, and the asics work.

God you are a troll.

Shipping?  Really?  Do you have one?  What's your tracking number?

Call me when you can order from them and get a tracking number the same day.

BTW:  Do you understand that the power miss they are talking about probably means they cannot use the board design they have shown because the power density will be too high to cool properly?  It's not a small issue.  There is a reason Avalon boards have their chips so widely separated.

Where are those Avalon same day tracking #'s for batch 3 orders,hhmmmm,or even batch 2 orders,hhmmmmm,let me see,hhmmmmm  Cheesy

Yeah,yeah,at least they shipped,I know the drill  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484
Merit: 500

Across The Universe

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:29:48 AM

Mid of April we will know more !

BFL's FPGA need 6.5 month too if you remember
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 06:35:55 AM

God you are a troll.

Wow, are you a sheep! BFL is shipping? When, next week? Yes, I have heard this several times before = bullshit to buy more time.

Nobody will see a BFL ASIC in the month of April -  mark my words.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
creativex

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:47:48 AM

They're not serious about shipping till they request FPGA trade-in customers send their gear in, and as far as I know that hasn't happened yet.

Talk is cheap.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:52:56 AM

If any of you BFL fan boys haven't already notice....BFL is in the stage of stringing their investors along (like is done in a ponzi scheme)...they are hoping more investor money comes in so they can pay off the previous investors and their "orders". If no new investor money comes in (more than previous batch) it all falls apart.

this wholeBFL ordeal stinks of the Pirateat40 drama.

Stock up on your popcorn, I have an inkling before the end of 2013 drama fireworks will be flying very near BFL.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 09:55:21 AM

God you are a troll.
Ahahaha LOL

Suure, now they're shipping..
creativex

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 10:06:29 AM

Worst case power consumption is now apparently 195w for a single SC. More than 3x advertised. Do these people ever tell the truth? Undecided

Scarier still is that Josh's worst case estimates often turn out to be the nearer to best case.

Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 10:21:10 AM

Worst case power consumption is now apparently 195w for a single SC. More than 3x advertised. Do these people ever tell the truth? Undecided

Scarier still is that Josh's worst case estimates often turn out to be the nearer to best case.

I wouldn't wanna be a batch #1 customers. Don't wanna be a guinea pig.

195W for such a tiny case, such a tiny heatsink and such a tiny fan - how is that supposed to work?

195W is about the same amount of power a 7970s uses - and they have huge heat sinks.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 10:22:16 AM

God you are a troll.
Ahahaha LOL

No, now they said they're gonna ship next week.

I think they've said that about 10 times at least.
beekeeper

Activity: 406

LTC

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 10:34:38 AM

God you are a troll.
Ahahaha LOL

No, now they said they're gonna ship next week.

I think they've said that about 10 times at least.
I read Josh posts, he agreed they didn't manage to build a SC Single yet, only prototypes with random characteristics. IMO it would be adventurous to talk about shipping date without a finished stable product in hands.

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 11:24:19 AM

We are trying to nail it down. We have some boards at 1.76w, some at 2.5 and some at 4 and one at 6

Love how the power numbers are all over the place. entropy, how high are the chances of one of these thing blowing up in someone's face?
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 11:25:08 AM

They're not serious about shipping till they request FPGA trade-in customers send their gear in, and as far as I know that hasn't happened yet.

Talk is cheap.

waaaa, yo kung fu very good!

----

Have they really said they would ship next week like 10 times???

---people still talking about power, hash-rate, chip design and sh**..

I would imagine being a BFL customer feels likes like getting an arse whoopin while being stuck in a loop shadow boxing yourself and in your mind your calculating what to do if and when and how your gonna kick his arse ... But there is nobody there!

Its like some clint eastwood s*** at the republican convention ..

the miner, i mean fighter in a chair and people are saying look at the reach and their walking up to the chair and measuring the reach and then screaming out yeah buddy long arms for sure!! Better plan on staying inside and uppercutting..

Let them deliver 1 miner , 1 video, ANYTHING before people continue with round 8 of shadowboxing!

I cant believe its been that long .. How have people who have ordered not gone ape s***!

Its the 10th time they said they are shipping? looks like power bait and they are looking for trout!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
greyhawk

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 11:35:32 AM

God you are a troll.

You're cute. Here's where I remind you the total amount of finished wafers is 1 (one) <- That's the small number representing a single thing.

With all the rushed dicing and testing and what have you that comes out to maybe a couple a hundred chips.

All the other wafers are unfinished. They still need to get their final layers, need to get cut, need to get bumped and need to get packaged.

Last time this took two months. Last time they had at least a vague schedule. This time they're "Oh, hey, I think we're good now, can you finish our wafers real quick? Oh, you're booked out for 4-6 weeks? That's a bummer."
Red_Evil

Across The Universe

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 11:44:13 AM

God you are a troll.

You're cute. Here's where I remind you the total amount of finished wafers is 1 (one) <- That's the small number representing a single thing.

With all the rushed dicing and testing and what have you that comes out to maybe a couple a hundred chips.

All the other wafers are unfinished. They still need to get their final layers, need to get cut, need to get bumped and need to get packaged.

Last time this took two months. Last time they had at least a vague schedule. This time they're "Oh, hey, I think we're good now, can you finish our wafers real quick? Oh, you're booked out for 4-6 weeks? That's a bummer."

+1
And if they think they can shipped next week  we missed the mail for upgrader so they doesnt know it imo.... Only a new failed timeline and a new delay from a month ...
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:34:17 PM

We are trying to nail it down. We have some boards at 1.76w, some at 2.5 and some at 4 and one at 6

Love how the power numbers are all over the place. entropy, how high are the chances of one of these thing blowing up in someone's face?

It isn't that bad.  If they shipped with the kind of number Josh is talking, fires are a real possibility.  You may remember videos of AMD cpus catching fire back in 2002-2003 time frame.

But I don't think they are stupid enough to ship.  If they had working test sockets (they don't) they could sort packages, and maybe build some mini-singles to ship.  But their yield loss is going to be catastrophic.  And even a mini-single is going to sound like a blender with the fan speed required.  And probably hash well under specification.

Remember what a pentium 4 sounded like when it was working hard?  That is less power then they are talking about.  And Intel spent about ... well I can't say that.  But we spent hundreds of engineer years getting the cooling solution right for those beasts.
greyhawk

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:51:11 PM

It isn't that bad.  If they shipped with the kind of number Josh is talking, fires are a real possibility.  You may remember videos of AMD cpus catching fire back in 2002-2003 time frame.

Right, the Thunderbirds. Those were neat. Instant heat death.
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:21:46 PM

Right, the Thunderbirds. Those were neat. Instant heat death.
I kinda recall that to have the AMD Athlon release the smoke one had to remove the cooler? I worked more with Intel Itanium and Itanium 2 machines and those indeed were beastly: the CPU replacement required the wrenches from the car mechanic's toolset.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
greyhawk

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:33:38 PM

I love the heatsink holder design for the i3. The sound they make when putting them in is very satisfying like typing on a Model M. Cronk-crunk-cronk
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: