Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:51:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TPTB_need_war Bitcoin Fork in the making!  (Read 11444 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 11:06:12 PM

So you will have no ICO?  How will you collect money from people?

What do you suggest?

Oh,  you still have no idea...  I think an ICO is the only way to go.  But you already said there wouldn't be one.

Actually TPTB already gave his idea which was to do an actual startup software company for JAMBOX with transparent founder identities on linked, etc., use legal crowdfunding and legal, qualified investors (there are some of those even here in crypto land you know?)

Good idea, bad idea, I don't know, but it was definitely an idea.

I don't see anything wrong with contract work even for an ICO though, but it's easy for that to be a bit of a sham. A contract worker should be paid to do specific work as a truly independent contractor. As long as that is really the relationship and not a wink-wink relationship, I see nothing wrong with it. The guy needs money, I wouldn't shit on his ability to work for a living.

That said, I agree with something HONCHO posted earlier which is that TPTB should really leave crypto (as a profession) and get a job doing the kind of software work he can be very well paid for and doesn't violate any laws (and then, if he wants, like many of us, pursue crypto as a hobby). It's his call though, following his passion  even though it is hard to make money in crypto without some sort of scamming is understandable.

What about proposing the project to the new DAO in Ethereum that everyone's crazy about.  That would be a nice testbed for both Jambox and the DAO.

Seems interesting but as I understand it most current TheDAO participants are looking for it to fund Ethereum-based projects, and I doubt TPTB wants to build his product on Ethereum (up to him though).

There is nothing about TheDAO that requires it to fund Ethereum projects though, it could fund anything, in theory.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1408

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 11:10:51 PM

It can fund you in ETH, but it doesn't mean it has to be an Ethereum project.  At least that's how I understood it, which is actually the beauty of it.  If contractors are requored to only to create projects in Ethereum then that would limit the potential of the DAO.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
HONCHO

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 11:24:29 PM

It can fund you in ETH, but it doesn't mean it has to be an Ethereum project.  At least that's how I understood it, which is actually the beauty of it.  If contractors are requored to only to create projects in Ethereum then that would limit the potential of the DAO.

Actually thinking about the chaos I expect from enabling all the investors to manage DAO projects, this might be a perfect way to disorganize an "acoin" that is developed as the exclusive means to trade at market prices for the JAMBOX tokens being dumped by the social networking users who do not comprehend its future value.

So this might insure that JAMBOX tokens remain in the hands of the social networking users fostering the development of currency instead of dumping it to investors to play speculation hot potato.

Thanks for the clever Trojan Horse suggestion. You must play 3D chess?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 11:41:27 PM

It can fund you in ETH, but it doesn't mean it has to be an Ethereum project.  At least that's how I understood it, which is actually the beauty of it.  If contractors are requored to only to create projects in Ethereum then that would limit the potential of the DAO.

Yes that was the meaning of my second paragraph. But in practice I don't think that will happen short term. I could be wrong though.
HONCHO

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 11:56:14 PM

Yes that was the meaning of my second paragraph. But in practice I don't think that will happen short term. I could be wrong though.

I'll need to do some more reading on DAO funded projects. My understanding is there is a governance requirement whereby the investors must vote on every expenditure. Am I incorrect?

So does this mean if funds were raised and it was voted not to release all the funding to AnonyMint, then the minority of investors who are overruled by the majority end up with some turf battle gridlock similar to the block size debate.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 11:59:26 PM

HONCHO is online and talking 2am to 7am in the Philippines..maybe he is not anonymint, unless insomnia kicked in.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:00:12 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2016, 05:01:51 AM by smooth

It can fund you in ETH, but it doesn't mean it has to be an Ethereum project.  At least that's how I understood it, which is actually the beauty of it.  If contractors are requored to only to create projects in Ethereum then that would limit the potential of the DAO.

I'll need to do some more reading on DAO funded projects. My understanding is there is a governance requirement whereby the investors must vote on every expenditure. Am I incorrect?

No, they are not required to vote, but spending must pass by a quorum (I think 40%). The quorum requirement probably won't be hard since there is high concentration of ownership.

So does this mean if funds were raised and it was voted not to release all the funding to AnonyMint, then the minority of investors who are overruled by the majority end up with some turf battle gridlock similar to the block size debate.

No, there is a minority-protection rule (called splitting) where you can withdraw your investment if you don't like what the majority is doing.

Of course these are just the rules for this particular DAO. Other rules are possible.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:03:18 AM

HONCHO is online and talking 3am to 7am in the Philippines..maybe he is not anonymint, unless insomnia kicked in.

That means next to nothing: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=504237;sa=statPanel

Why speculate though? If people are going to use sock puppets, and they are, then it doesn't really matter who happens to be driving any particular puppet at any given time. People can switch puppets and puppets can always be passed around (which might be one explanation for the above linked chart, who knows).

You're unavoidably dealing with a forum nick and nothing any more tied to a "real identity" than that, don't assume otherwise.
HONCHO

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:03:30 AM

I don't see anything wrong with contract work even for an ICO though, but it's easy for that to be a bit of a sham. A contract worker should be paid to do specific work as a truly independent contractor. As long as that is reality of the relationship and not a wink-wink relationship

even though it is hard to make money in crypto without some sort of scamming or association with scamming is understandable.

What lack of independence between JAMBOX's tokens and ICO tokens? Did you fail to understand that AnonyMint proposed the ICO tokens would have to be traded on the DEX for the JAMBOX tokens?

Could you clarify for myself and the readers how the proposed "acoin" could be an ICO for AnonyMint's JAMBOX, given that AnonyMint confirmed that all of JAMBOX's crypto-currency will be distributed by unprofitable proof-of-work to the social networking users of JAMBOX?

Did you even read AnonyMint's explanation.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:04:33 AM

I don't see anything wrong with contract work even for an ICO though, but it's easy for that to be a bit of a sham. A contract worker should be paid to do specific work as a truly independent contractor. As long as that is reality of the relationship and not a wink-wink relationship

even though it is hard to make money in crypto without some sort of scamming or association with scamming is understandable.

What lack of independence between JAMBOX's tokens and ICO tokens? Did you fail to understand that AnonyMint proposed the ICO tokens would have to be traded on the DEX for the JAMBOX tokens?

I never made any such claims.

But since you are HONCO and not TPTB, I'll point you TPTB's posts about "economic reality". Trading tokens from one form to another may or may not change the economic reality. The specific mechanism being used isn't necessarily important, but it also could be. As I said I made no specific claims.
HONCHO

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:12:00 AM

I'll point you TPTB's posts about "economic reality". Trading tokens from one form to another may or may not change the economic reality. The specific mechanism being used isn't necessarily important, but it also could be. As I said I made no specific claims.

How can the prior knowledge that the investors will be dependent on the independent decisions of social networking users desire to sell their coins, be construed as any form of security-of-investment secured by expectations of AnonyMint's future actions?

Where is the security?

Could you maybe fathom the possibility that AnonyMint is so clever he found a paradigm to legally bypass the very regulations he had been researching.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:13:57 AM

I'll point you TPTB's posts about "economic reality". Trading tokens from one form to another may or may not change the economic reality. The specific mechanism being used isn't necessarily important, but it also could be. As I said I made no specific claims.

How can the prior knowledge that the investors will be dependent on the independent decisions of social networking users desire to sell their coins, be construed as any form of security-of-investment secured by expectations of AnonyMint's future actions?

Where is the security?

Work out the details of your own business plan, I'm too busy to dig into specifics, nor are my opinions even relevant. What matters is what you (and other participants), investors, customers, prosecutors, judges, and/or juries believe. At the moment I have none of these roles with respect to your venture.

Could you maybe fathom the possibility that AnonyMint is so clever he found a paradigm to legally bypass the very regulations he had been researching.

I never claimed otherwise, though frankly I doubt this is possible. Most illegal investment schemes (now) involve some form of complex obfuscation and the law is designed to, and does, ignore form (i.e. paradigm) in favor of a view toward what is actually being accomplished. However, the abstract law and what is actually prosecuted are two different things, and different people may care more about one or the other. Participants have to make their own judgements.
HONCHO

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:22:29 AM

Work out the details of your own business plan, I'm too busy to dig into specifics, nor are my opinions even relevant. What matters is what you (and other participants), investors, customers, prosecutors, judges, and/or juries believe. At the moment I have none of these roles with respect to your venture.

I think the forum will miss the debates between AnonyMint and yourself. Somehow I think the forum will no longer be as informational as it was when he was around.

I am reasonably sure based on what he wrote to me today he is not coming back, not through a sock puppet or even spiritually.

I don't think you understood. AnonyMint didn't want to raise any funds via ICO and still doesn't. It was your Monero community members who said he never did anything in crypto, that motivated him to want to accelerate his work by obtaining enough funding to hire another programmer.

AnonyMint has continued to work day and night on crypto for 4 years for less than $2000 per month at the bare minimum expenses that one can survive and still be productive.

There is saying about relationships. You never know how good it was until it is gone.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:26:25 AM

HONCHO is online and talking 3am to 7am in the Philippines..maybe he is not anonymint, unless insomnia kicked in.

That means next to nothing: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=504237;sa=statPanel

Why speculate though? If people are going to use sock puppets, and they are, then it doesn't really matter who happens to be driving any particular puppet at any given time. People can switch puppets and puppets can always be passed around (which might be one explanation for the above linked chart, who knows).

You're unavoidably dealing with a forum nick and nothing any more tied to a "real identity" than that, don't assume otherwise.

(i adjusted the time 2am to 7am)....

i'm speculating that there maybe more than 1 person involved other than anonymint..
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:28:07 AM

(i adjusted the time 2am to 7am)....

i'm speculating that there maybe more than 1 person involved other than anonymint..

Well look at the posting times on the TPTB account (link above). They are really all over the 24 hour period. That could be multiple people or it could be someone who doesn't sleep on a consistent schedule.
HONCHO

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:28:38 AM

TPTB_need_war is an attention whore that has NEVER released a single crypto-currency algorithm for public review.

Neither have you.

I've been told by AnonyMint that you published papers with faulty, flawed, or insufficiently described algorithms.
hmachado

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:30:29 AM

Are you jl777 James the chief wanker-scammer of supernet who roll out one money party after another, the latest is the fucking WAVES scam? If yes, don't bother to reply my question.

Lol. Jl777 has absolutely nothing directly to do with Waves, nada, de niente. At least get your info right, little man Cheesy Your post seems as if jl777 is the creator of Waves Cheesy

In Waves Topic  :

I confirm that I will be advising and investing in this project, especially on methods to add BTC security to other chains and enabling asset mobility with the asset passport system.

James

Thank you, hmachado, I didn't find it. Jl777, to Waves, is indeed only an advisor and investor just like many others. He is not <quote>roll[ing] out one money party after another, the latest [being] the WAVES scam</quote> as the potty mouth teenager claimed. Cheesy

So you consider that using his name to promote Waves "advising and investing", doesnt make him a part of it?
Its not like they didnt try to take credits from everyone, but others dismissed it.

Can we get some clarity why you were listed on the team page please. Also I appreciate the answers.

This is why I got so angry. There is no formal relationship. Waves should have not listed Alex as a team member. Alex nor I were consulted in this decision. Using someone's name or work to raise millions of dollars is a serious concern and should not be taken lightly.

Scorex isn't designed to be a full and secure cryptocurrency. It's a great platform for rapid experimentation, which is badly needed in academia and industry. In fact in the announcement of scorex, there was some text criticizing ICOs. It's one of the reasons I loved the project when I found it last year.

This is not a debate about open source. Not once has anyone said scorex cannot be used. It's an argument about iohk personnel being represented as employees or partners of another Venture for the purpose of raising millions of dollars. It is something that I cannot permit. I asked privately for it to stop and then had to escalate after the waves project continued to imply via proxies a relationship.

I assume it will stop now so I wish the project well and the best of luck.

Cohnhead, he said it in a slack convo that was reposted here and then edited. Regardless, I brought it up over skype to him and he admitted to saying it privately in his slack group. I have the text logs. Also the reddit claims of extortion are a lie and should be publicly disavowed.

The waves project has repeatedly lied to the public. They claimed to have one of my developers working on their project. They represented scorex as a solid platform to build a cryptocurrency on top of ( which it is not). The head of the project called me delusional and attacked my character. Several of the marketers here posted links to reddit posts about me leaving ethereum to attempt to discredit me.

All of this does not change the fact that Waves currently has no product, does not have a stable governance structure, has no independent oversight of the project. They are using source code written by other people and in no way configured to do the things they have claimed.

If you want to throw your money at this garbage, then go ahead. But let me be very clear, iohk and it's partners will have nothing to do with Waves after this disgusting conduct.
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:31:40 AM

Actually thinking about the chaos I expect from enabling all the investors to manage DAO projects, this might be a perfect way to disorganize an "acoin" that is developed as the exclusive means to trade at market prices for the JAMBOX tokens being dumped by the social networking users who do not comprehend its future value.

So this might insure that JAMBOX tokens remain in the hands of the social networking users fostering the development of currency instead of dumping it to investors to play speculation hot potato.

Thanks for the clever Trojan Horse suggestion. You must play 3D chess?

Trojan horse suggestion?  No, I am merely interested in the possibilities of the DAO and the future projects that might be created thru it.  If you don't think it's a good idea for Jambox then that's that.  

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:32:14 AM

I actually and truly believe that HONCHO is Satoshi Nakamoto.  This is not a joke.

~CfA~

Who we were at the beginning will not confirm nor deny that speculation. The rabbit hole suspends in animation for the aforementioned 10 BTC escrowed bet.

Certain parties want to destroy my work. They will not succeed.

Hi, Craig and JVP.
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 12:32:41 AM

HONCHO is online and talking 2am to 7am in the Philippines..maybe he is not anonymint, unless insomnia kicked in.

Is Anonymint from the Phillipines?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████