Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:12:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: losing 50 bitcoins gambling  (Read 7882 times)
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 05:05:21 PM

That hurts man.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 05:10:16 PM

How would you feel if you lost 50 btc after gambling... https://nitrogensports.eu/betslip/92ff9f2dmRCeSttM0U0a1dPZ0tTSDd4OW4vZz09/r/2744 What's the biggest loss you've taken before, and do you have any good coping strategies? I do wonder if it's better or not to express anger or to just try and ignore it as best as possible. Personally I just get angry and yell some swears, but curious how other people react when losing and any tips on coping.

Wow 50 bitcoins, I can't even make one yet. If I lost 50 bitcoin in would probably become suicidal. In would never risk that in one bet that's crazy. I could do so much with that money. Would rather invest in a hedge fund and let it grow slowly and safely at %20 per year.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 05:51:43 PM

How would you feel if you lost 50 btc after gambling... https://nitrogensports.eu/betslip/92ff9f2dmRCeSttM0U0a1dPZ0tTSDd4OW4vZz09/r/2744 What's the biggest loss you've taken before, and do you have any good coping strategies? I do wonder if it's better or not to express anger or to just try and ignore it as best as possible. Personally I just get angry and yell some swears, but curious how other people react when losing and any tips on coping.

Wow 50 bitcoins, I can't even make one yet. If I lost 50 bitcoin in would probably become suicidal. In would never risk that in one bet that's crazy. I could do so much with that money. Would rather invest in a hedge fund and let it grow slowly and safely at %20 per year.

yes all most every one thinking is same if we loss 50 BTC in single game means we will commit suicide except rich gamblers. Normal gamblers will never come back with this biggest loss ever. If i recived this message means may be i will get heart attack. according to me if we played 3 to 4 years continuesly with profit then only we can make 50 BTC or else it is not possible.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 07:17:27 AM

I think some people just have to much money...
Probably yes. To gamble such big amounts is just not worth unless you have a lot of money to waste. For me, even 0.1-0.2 BTC is a huge amount while 50 BTC is unimaginable. It can be OK for users who have owned coins since 3-4 years else it doesn't make sense to gamble 50 BTC. The gambling website earned a lot of profit from this bet.
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 3478

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 07:27:41 AM

we can't know why this bet was placed... but as better Cheesy I can say there is anything wrong.
A strong better play hard, even 100 btc (40000 $ or more) in a single match...
Some one has already see on bf.com how many money are placed Cheesy ?

50 btc for a "good" better are a normal bet... probably there is a big stake worth 50 btc x 100 , and this is only one of a lot of bets...
Who play this sums normally know what do..... and it's a risk inside the possibility to lose all ... so nothing strange...

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1709

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 07:42:59 AM

What everybody is saying here is correct. Losing 50-100BTC might be alot to most of us, but you don't know that betters financial situation, he might be some rich Saudi with $50,000,000 dollars in his bank account. And 100BTC for him is chump change.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Chrismeister

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 08:06:04 AM

wow 50 bitcoins is a huge sum!
yes 50 bitcoins are allot. If you just lose it whyle gambling you will feel such a lost feeling. Not only because you lose 50 bitcoins but is you now how many 50 bitcoins are. That amount of cash you never want to lose while gambling so never start gambling you will never lose that much.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 08:22:08 AM

so sad to see people lost money just because other people game,its hard to believe if we just lost money so easy without any effort,that was shi side of betting,esspesially bet on sports,its why i never like bet on sports.

Sports betting is still profitable at times and people bet such big amounts as they might have earned it with their earlier bets.

If it's the case, it's fine else they took a big risk and lost it. I hope they don't again come back and bet a bigger amount to recover their losses.
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 08:31:57 AM

What everybody is saying here is correct. Losing 50-100BTC might be alot to most of us, but you don't know that betters financial situation, he might be some rich Saudi with $50,000,000 dollars in his bank account. And 100BTC for him is chump change.

Yup, a lot of us that lost 50-100 that BTC is very large and numerous. but keep in mind that this rich people in the world above us that much and they have a very large account, so if they lose 50-100 that BTC is common. Can only improve our mindsets and working hard so our lives could be above the rich people
Icathia

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:14:34 AM

It would break my hard if I would lose 50 bitcoins because of gambling. If you would sell your 50 coins right now then you would have at least make $20,000. This is way I do not gamble that much I know that I am going to lose.
maku
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:20:02 AM

It depends. Every case is different. If you are poor bettor with total 2 BTC and you decide to wager all of it and lost.
Then I guess you can be more devastated than someone who own more than 2000 BTC and lost only 50 from that pile.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:31:11 AM

It depends. Every case is different. If you are poor bettor with total 2 BTC and you decide to wager all of it and lost.
Then I guess you can be more devastated than someone who own more than 2000 BTC and lost only 50 from that pile.

losing 50BTC is still hard it is worth around 12,500 USD you can't say nobody cares about losing 12 thousand in one single bet even if they are rich they will feel the hit pretty hard.

this is crazy anyways just to lose that much money in gambling whether it is over a long time or in one single bet that you made a wrong move. I would never do such a thing even if I am super rich.

Only Bitcoin
maku
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:59:35 AM

losing 50BTC is still hard it is worth around 12,500 USD you can't say nobody cares about losing 12 thousand in one single bet even if they are rich they will feel the hit pretty hard.

this is crazy anyways just to lose that much money in gambling whether it is over a long time or in one single bet that you made a wrong move. I would never do such a thing even if I am super rich.
But of course, it is still HUGE amount of money. It is more that my total number of BTC and would never want to gamble with that.
But realistically it is not all BTC Op owns and he will recover. And if he gamble with all his money he is just idiot and nothing can help him.
So I assume he owns more that 500 BTC at least. It is pure speculation tho.
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 3478

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 10:00:04 AM

no I think is not crazy because we don't know others bet Cheesy

Well this is also a handicap bet, a nice odds, I think this is not an "error" Wink

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 10:42:34 AM

im actually trembling after reading the bet, im not sure if i will be able to recover from
a  trauma after losing that huge amount of bitcoin, i calculated the amount of bitcoin
to our fiat currency and its 1million peso in total. i dont know if its stupidity or bravery
that he/she has.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:12:18 PM

The user must be confident that he can earn his money back when he bet that amount but it's sad that mostly all sports games are fixed and which team earns the maximum in betting, that team is the winner. That's why I bet with amounts that I earn as a profit and hence I don't lose my fiat money.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 02:17:47 PM

this is the craziest thing that i have ever seen in gambling so that is why i think it can even be a fake number Smiley

and also i would never do the same thing that is a lot of bitcoin lost especially now that it is worth a lot and rising.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Chrismeister

Activity: 465

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 02:32:10 PM

did you lose 50 coins while gambling then the onlky thing i couls say to you is that you are a bastard. Why are you playing like a fool dont gamble with that amount of coins dont you know how much its worth.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 02:46:08 PM

did you lose 50 coins while gambling then the onlky thing i couls say to you is that you are a bastard. Why are you playing like a fool dont gamble with that amount of coins dont you know how much its worth.

Mate,he owns those coins.Why are you calling him a bastard ? Why are you jelly ? Also he was not plain gambling but sports betting which is kind of justified but he should have been a little bit careful.The win amount was 37BTC,not a bad risk at all!
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 07:57:56 PM

if I lose 50 BTC I will not be sad, because when I bet with a very big amount, it means I have a lot of BTC.

Someone lose 50btc does not mean that he has a lot of btc, how it those 50btc is the only btc you have? Wouldn't you be sad?
On other side losing 50btc is still a big amount no matter how much btc you have. Losing such amount is still a bad experience imo.
If it was the only BTC he had and lost it, he is a fool. A big one. If I gamble all the property and assets I own, would anyone feel pity on me? No. Gambling is a game and should be played only for entertainment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: