Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:30:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 [324] 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 ... 516 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WINGS ★ Where DAO Unicorns Are Born! ★ Token launched!  (Read 522714 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
oneyesoneno

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:58:55 AM

hello there.

Quite new to this, how does wings work? What can prediction markets bring to the masses?

I am not sure I can see the value of this coin and platform.

Why do we need it? Isnt it just speculation form a bunch of people? sorry for the terms used.

Sorry for all the questions, just got mentioned Wings by a friend and trying to figure out how good it is.

Gotta do some reading but appreciate any help.

Thanks!

WINGS is price discovery system for valuing stuff that is being put on the market - we begin with ICO. As well as a social proof based promotion system.

Give some though to why valuation services, or price discovery is important, then you will understand.  There are many ways to go about this, you can go to 1 person, or as in our case you can ask a crowd of people who also get a forecast rating (i.e., we can ID the experts).

So what would you rather rely on? 1 guy or 500  who are competing for the top spot?

Most prefer the latter. And for the rest they can go pay some advisor fee to some so-called "crypto-economist", underprice their ICO and get only 190 participants like BAT got.  That's about 2 orders of magnitude lower than a typical "popular" ICO these days! Smiley

will there be an advanced ranking system for active forecasters with very good results? will you also add a social component to it?

Yop.. they are call reputation score which is build from time to time if you are doing good job in forecasting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amintek15

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:59:27 AM

please @Wings unclock two-factor authentication on your website !!!
rgornik

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:30:30 PM

hello there.

Quite new to this, how does wings work? What can prediction markets bring to the masses?

Why do we need it? Isnt it just speculation form a bunch of people? sorry for the terms used.

Sorry for all the questions, just got mentioned Wings by a friend and trying to figure out how good it is.

Thanks!

WINGS is price discovery system for valuing stuff that is being put on the market - we begin with ICO. As well as a social proof based promotion system.

Give some though to why valuation services, or price discovery is important, then you will understand.  There are many ways to go about this, you can go to 1 person, or as in our case you can ask a crowd of people who also get a forecast rating (i.e., we can ID the experts).

So what would you rather rely on? 1 guy or 500  who are competing for the top spot?

Most prefer the latter. And for the rest they can go pay some advisor fee to some so-called "crypto-economist", underprice their ICO and get only 190 participants like BAT got.  That's about 2 orders of magnitude lower than a typical "popular" ICO these days! Smiley

One question. Us, as a crowd, were terribly wrong with Bancor. Where do you think it went wrong? I predicted something like 250k ETH but was still way off

disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:19:22 PM

For now, I really don't think WIng team has been able to actually differentiate the use case of WIngs platform, prediction market also rely on crowd wisdom and that is similar to the forecasting that is taking place on Wings platform. I just hope the use case is well defined

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Gosh

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

hallo

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:56:24 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2017, 08:43:55 PM by Gosh

We need rules to be followed for the ICOs
the most aren't even publishing the contracts to be verified on etherscan
This is the future may become one of the main features requested by ICOs
we must decide rules and make serious forecasts
and kick out anyone not following the rules.
No contract visible = POSSIBLE SCAM
If they can change the maxcap in real time = POSSIBLE SCAM
ANY PROJECT WITHOUT THE BASIC CONDITIONS SHOUD BE MARKED AS SPAM (they can later satisfy the conditions and list the project again and again until they learn how to introduce their job)
if we want a thriving platform we must be able to select projects and learn how to be more picky and more selective!
the result will be a platform where only serious projects are pushed
If you can't read the code of the contract, the project shouldn't enter WINGS platform AT ALL!

We must write a WINGS ETIQUETTE to follow in order to list on wings
Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:19:32 PM

ANY PROJECT WITHOUT THE BASIC CONDITIONS SHOUD BE MARKED AS SPAM (they can later satisfy the conditions and list the project again and again until they learn how to introduce their job)
if we want a thriving platform we must be able to select projects and learn how to be more picky and more selective!
If you can't read the code of the contract, the project shouldn't enter WINGS platform AT ALL!

Actually, screw all that... that would defeat the purpose of wings forecasting.

We need all types of icos. Even shit ones we can call shit so that wings platform is even more credible.

Certain icos will get great forecasts and that should be the sign that it is a legitimate project worth investing in.

Other, shit icos will get a terrible forecast telling investors it's a risky investment.

Good, bad, and ugly icos should all be accepted. The more accurate wings forecasting is, the greater value the platform will become.

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
Gosh

Activity: 213

hallo

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:46:54 PM

We need all types of icos. Even shit ones we can call shit so that wings platform is even more credible.

Certain icos will get great forecasts and that should be the sign that it is a legitimate project worth investing in.

Other, shit icos will get a terrible forecast telling investors it's a risky investment.

Good, bad, and ugly icos should all be accepted. The more accurate wings forecasting is, the greater value the platform will become.

is it legitimate in your opinion to publish a project with an invisible contract?
or...is it a restriction to ask to publish the contract?
without any guidelines it will be just more messy
Mr.Ease

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:22:44 AM

is it legitimate in your opinion to publish a project with an invisible contract?
or...is it a restriction to ask to publish the contract?
without any guidelines it will be just more messy

Your right, that isn't legit.
Some guidelines may be a good idea when dealing with technical issues like that, especially when we are looking at icos receiving millions

oneyesoneno

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 05:05:16 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2017, 05:27:30 AM by oneyesoneno

hello there.

Thanks!

Most prefer the latter. And for the rest they can go pay some advisor fee to some so-called "crypto-economist", underprice their ICO and get only 190 participants like BAT got.  That's about 2 orders of magnitude lower than a typical "popular" ICO these days! Smiley

One question. Us, as a crowd, were terribly wrong with Bancor. Where do you think it went wrong? I predicted something like 250k ETH but was still way off

I view it as successful because no one is viewing their project as scam and indeed they nailed it. Their ICO has hidden cap which is 250k eth .. and supposedly (I may be wrong) if they stick to their ICO term.. they should stop receive funding when the hidden cap is touch. But i think that is not our problem because as WINGS's community, we had done a great job in our part.
22naru

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:11:41 AM

One of the next ICO using WINGS will be Adex Network - 2% using WINGS Bounty App http://bounty.adex.network and 2% for forecasting & promotion more details at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1965467.msg19540248#msg19540248

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

good news Smiley... when will be another update for wings platform ? for me is to slow... and we need better security like 2fa or better. cheers

it is not possible to 2fa the privkey or mnemonic to an ethereum address... please familiarize yourself with how PKI works, for example.
ok cheers... i will check .

when we will see the reward from bancor forecast?
rgornik

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:29:56 AM

hello there.

Thanks!

Most prefer the latter. And for the rest they can go pay some advisor fee to some so-called "crypto-economist", underprice their ICO and get only 190 participants like BAT got.  That's about 2 orders of magnitude lower than a typical "popular" ICO these days! Smiley

I view it as successful because no one is viewing their project as scam and indeed they nailed it. Their ICO has hidden cap which is 250k eth .. and supposedly (I may be wrong) if they stick to their ICO term.. they should stop receive funding when the hidden cap is touch. But i think that is not our problem because as WINGS's community, we had done a great job in our part.

Yes true but still our rating will depend on our accuracy so I am wondering how will this affect us as forecasters

self1sch

Activity: 219

https://foxtrading.io/?ref=xykdazw8

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:49:16 AM

I was always under the impression that ICOs or DAOs would launch on the wings platform? It's only for forecasting? Or is this just the first step?

I AM THE TRUTH

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:57:38 AM

Hi Dev, This coin needs volume. It needs to be on BTC38 and a few other Chiese exchanges.

M Angry
Burmik123

Activity: 742
Merit: 257

And we go again.

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:02:25 PM

Hi Dev, This coin needs volume. It needs to be on BTC38 and a few other Chiese exchanges.

M Angry
It is already on Bittrex with great volume! Soon it can be on Polo. Man, i think this is enough for good coin and for trading.
jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:06:45 PM

I was always under the impression that ICOs or DAOs would launch on the wings platform? It's only for forecasting? Or is this just the first step?

I still am but Devs should answer this ....
me1507

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Gon Totto

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:39:25 PM

Long time not visit this thread, glad to see development goes well
And i'm very happy coz my Wings value increasing slowly  Grin
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:43:03 PM

wings.ai takes forever to load trying to view my account and see if i can withdraw the wings lock on  bancor to prepare for the adex forecasting but it wont even load 2 hours pass but still none.
rgornik

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:47:39 PM

wings.ai takes forever to load trying to view my account and see if i can withdraw the wings lock on  bancor to prepare for the adex forecasting but it wont even load 2 hours pass but still none.

Stas said they will upgrade their service before next ICO

aisyah88

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:48:14 PM

Long time not visit this thread, glad to see development goes well
And i'm very happy coz my Wings value increasing slowly  Grin
At least there is cooperation with the bancor project and it is very helpful for the current wings price, and makes many investors get bigger profits from their investment funds during ICO runs ...
Mr.Ease

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 02:02:20 PM

Honestly, I think you need a new (better used) computer.

I purchased a refurbished desktop for $200 on eBay and everything loads fast.
Even this wing.AI platform loads fairly quick.

So, although I know the platform takes a little extra loading time, 2 hrs is most likely due to your computer being ancient or your internet is slow..

Pages: « 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 [324] 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 ... 516 »
  Print  

Jump to: