Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:22:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk.org supports illegal ponzi schemes  (Read 3718 times)
freedoge.co (OP)

Activity: 909
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:49:40 PM

it's not about me understanding it Smiley
Perhaps this thread isn't, however you clearly do not properly understand why the forum works how it does. Currently, it is obvious you are trying to run a smear campaign against the forum after you got negative consequences for your shady actions.

ok so bitcointalk.org tolerates ponzi schemes, right?
does it sound positive to you?
However, that is out of context. The quote "The government tolerates dropping litter on streets" sounds negative, until you learn that they tolerate it only if it is being dropped in a rubbish bin. Twisting people's words to try and stretch a valid point does not then make it the truth.

Personally I think this is a better quote, and I don't have to even take it out of context for it to be valid - "Bitcointalk User 'freedoge.co' condones pyramid scams". Perhaps you should promote that one a bit more; it would save you looking like even more of an ignorant idiot than you already do.
twisting words and posting unrelated scenarios is what you do, littering is charged by fine btw.

while " 19. Possible (or real) scams and Trust ratings are not moderated (to prevent moderation abuse). " on bitcointalk.org
source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 11:14:03 PM

twisting words and posting unrelated scenarios is what you do
^how about this crap you posted? explain your logic there
I rephrase what you say in a real life scenario, I haven't posted anything unrelated or twisted your words in this thread.

littering is charged by fine btw.
And posting a ponzi where it isn't meant to be is charged by having the topic moved/deleted.
To try and make it completely clear, let me try to explain my scenario again. I'll even put the forum equivalent in italics for you.
A person drops a piece of trash on the street (a member posts about a HYIP scheme on the forum). If this person were to drop it randomly on the street (If this member were to post it outside of the Investor-Based Games Sub-board) they would be told to pick it up and move it (The post would be moved to the Investor-Based Games Sub-board (the rubbish bin)). If this person were to put their rubbish in the trash can (The member is to post it in the Investor-Based Games Sub-board) then no punishment would be given.
Let's say that there wasn't a trash can around (The Investor-Based Games Sub-board didn't exist) then everyone would probably throw their litter all over the ground (The forum would be spammed with HYIP scams).
Do you understand why the Investor-Based Games Sub-board exists yet (AKA why the forum 'endorses' Ponzis)?

while " 19. Possible (or real) scams and Trust ratings are not moderated (to prevent moderation abuse). " on bitcointalk.org
Huh
Thanks for posting what we're all trying to say. Maybe you do understand.
gcride

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 12:00:16 AM

but they'll just show up in other sections if removed
freedoge.co (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 12:05:06 AM

twisting words and posting unrelated scenarios is what you do
^how about this crap you posted? explain your logic there
I rephrase what you say in a real life scenario, I haven't posted anything unrelated or twisted your words in this thread.

littering is charged by fine btw.
And posting a ponzi where it isn't meant to be is charged by having the topic moved/deleted.
To try and make it completely clear, let me try to explain my scenario again. I'll even put the forum equivalent in italics for you.
A person drops a piece of trash on the street (a member posts about a HYIP scheme on the forum). If this person were to drop it randomly on the street (If this member were to post it outside of the Investor-Based Games Sub-board) they would be told to pick it up and move it (The post would be moved to the Investor-Based Games Sub-board (the rubbish bin)). If this person were to put their rubbish in the trash can (The member is to post it in the Investor-Based Games Sub-board) then no punishment would be given.
Let's say that there wasn't a trash can around (The Investor-Based Games Sub-board didn't exist) then everyone would probably throw their litter all over the ground (The forum would be spammed with HYIP scams).
Do you understand why the Investor-Based Games Sub-board exists yet (AKA why the forum 'endorses' Ponzis)?

Huh
Thanks for posting what we're all trying to say. Maybe you do understand.

blah blah blah...let's cut the shit
Does bitcointalk.org make the ponzi shemes available to public? YES (promotion)
so as long the 'ponzi' board exists, bitcointalk.org promotes the ponzies and scams.
the forum staff don't moderate it so there is not any action against ponzi and scams taken by bitcointalk.org

cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 06:07:02 AM

No they do not. Unless you have evidence to show that this forum is hosting ponzi operations on its server or within its domain stop repeating that incredibly shonky fallacious reasoning.

There are also some ultra-right-wing racist and homophobic threads on this forum. Does that mean this forum supports them? No, it means the community can choose to challenge or ignore the shit that is posted in them.

Same for ponzi threads.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
freedoge.co (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 06:11:33 AM

No they do not. Unless you have evidence to show that this forum is hosting ponzi operations on its server or within its domain stop repeating that incredibly shonky fallacious reasoning.

There are also some ultra-right-wing racist and homophobic threads on this forum. Does that mean this forum supports them? No, it means the community can choose to challenge or ignore the shit that is posted in them.

Same for ponzi threads.

yeah, bitcointalk tolerates the ponzis, i agree Dredd Wink

edit. take it easy, this is just my opinion and i have no law knowledge, and no time to look up the law's point of view. chill

freedoge.co (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 06:27:32 AM

ok guys so now prove me wrong:

if i had a file sharing website, i would include the common bullshit in TOS like i'm not responsible for the content uploaded by users, i'd still have to take an action and remove the illegal content, right?

bitcointalk hosts the ponzi and scam content.

cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 07:02:41 AM

FFS, you're an idiot. I'm putting you on ignore.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
freedoge.co (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 07:05:24 AM

FFS, you're an idiot. I'm putting you on ignore.

out of arguments, huh. you are too proud to accept fail? Anyway how come i wasn't on your ignore list already.

Cyaren

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 07:48:15 AM

No actually, bitcointalk does not in any way endorse or support ponzi schemes. That board is getting less and less attention as the days go pass, because people are starting to realise themselves that they are scams, and nowhere near a legitimate forex trading company.

There is a big warning above your screen when you enter the gambling board. That applies for the investors based games as well. There are also a lot of helpful members of the forum that has started to issue warnings to people who participate and run ponzis. It seems like you're one of them, too.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 07:59:12 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2016, 08:12:38 AM by Lauda

The only possible explanation to your situation is bias (due to the rating that you've received). You're the only one (in this particular thread) who thinks that this is the case, even though many have argued that it isn't. Take a look again at:

Let's say that someone posts how much they hate theymos and how they want him dead. If theymos doesn't ban them, does that mean that he likes them? Does that mean that theymos agrees them? (Hint: No)
(In this case): Neither does theymos agree with them, nor support their actions.

if i had a file sharing website, i would include the common bullshit in TOS like i'm not responsible for the content uploaded by users, i'd still have to take an action and remove the illegal content, right?
bitcointalk hosts the ponzi and scam content.
That is a bad example because the staff does remove illegal content when we find it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 09:00:26 AM

This whole thread and topic is just filled with... wow. So much logic has been presented by... Well, everyone except for OP.

The way I look at it is this. If people choose to participate in any of the investor-based games after heeding the warning by cryptodevil and many other members of the forums, then they willingly understand the risks involved, and (in a nutshell) deserve to get screwed over when the ponzis collapse. They've had fair warnings before they opted into the game.

Now, imagine if cryptodevil chose not to take his time to brigade and warn users of these potential threats and dangers. I joined the forums late last year, and I was one of the ones that fell victim to two of these ponzis (Coinbooster and Coin-GNT). If I had someone like cryptodevil around, I would not have lost as much as I did with these sites. And there were HUNDREDS, if not thousands, of victims from these sites. Now, anytime a new site pops up that looks like it may have potential, imagine the thousands and thousands of dollars saved by cryptodevil's actions of warning people against the risks of joining and promoting these ponzis. Yes, it always seems a bit over the top at first. But if you think about it in the long run, I'm willing to bet that cryptodevil has saved users from losing a collective amount of TENS OF THOUSANDS of dollars in the past few months. Hell, that number may be even more.

Now, OP, by you stating that bctalk supports illegal ponzi schemes... All I have to say about that, based on your logic and argument within this thread: you haven't convinced me that they support these sites, which should be your job to do so if you're going to start such an accusation. So many other people are defending the website's POV when they do not need to. YOU need to provide evidence and facts if you're to get the average forum member like myself to believe you.

ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 09:01:39 AM

just to summarize this non-sense:

1: the bitcointalk.org forum supports the ponzi games because the gambling->investor-based games is full of hyip and ponzis, doublers etc
2: there is a guy "cryptodevil" giving negative feedback to people involved in ponzis, doublers, hyip games
3: i asked the forum staff to remove this guy from default trust because he has nothing to do there
4: i'm getting negative response from forum staff, my negative feedback is ok
5: this is unbelievable, confusing and ridiculous  Grin

1: Bitcointalk doesn't support, oppose or care. There are bitcointalk members who support ponzis, participate in ponzis, oppose ponzis.
2: He is free to.
3: Only those in the previous trust level who have added the person to their trust list can remove him. This is done at his/her own discretion same as just can edit your trust list. You can remove cruptodevil from your trust list if you don't want in him in your trust network,
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: