Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:47:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I have 12 BTC in my Account, How should I invest this??  (Read 78835 times)
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 05:04:10 PM

Investing is pretty risky in bitcoin, because how unregulated it is.

I would invest max 1 or 2 bitcoin and keep the other 10 bitcoin save.

Perhaps 1 bitcoin for passive investments like investing for gambling bankrolls (satoshidice and bitdice are good websites to do this, you can split between these two, or you can find even more if you want to split more, if you want more suggestions just pm me). Or loans on exchanges (i think bitstamp allows you to loan money to people who want to short or trade on margin, but I never tried this so i don't know how this works and how save it is).

The other 1 bitcoin you can trade actively if you want to actively trade. If you're good at poker or know a lot about sports you could use poker or betting on sports, which are both slightly risky, but better than normal gambling. I would not advice regular gambling, as you'd more likely lose money than gain money. Even though I invested in gambling websites and make some money from losing gamblers, I never advice people to gamble. Luckily not everyone listens to my advice.

You could find some other investments/startups to invest in, but research them before you invest. If you find any promising investments, let me know, I might want to invest in those too, if they look profitable enough.

HashOcean also looks promising, although I would be cautious with investing too much, I think they look legit, but I have no experience with them yet, so I plan on investing a small amount and see how it goes. They mine altcoins with Radeon R9 cards and sell those for bitcoin, the payout seems to be fairly consistent.

So far, the most profitable for me has been investments in satoshidice and bitdice. Although you never know how much you make because it depends on two things:

1) How many people gamble and how much bitcoin they gamble
2) How much luck the gamblers have, on some days they might have so much luck that you actually lose money, but since you have a house edge of 1%, in the long run you will earn money. (out of every 1000 bets they make, you win 505 times)

If you invest in those, you'll see over the course of a month or so you'll have some profit. Those are my long-term investments, so that I can get some passive bitcoin income.

They won't make you rich overnight (but no investment really does) but they will give you some long-term profit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 05:27:20 PM

I think if I have the 12 bitcoin in my wallet is sold. well, I can buy a car if I sell 12 BTC, although the car is simple. but if you look at it from a business standpoint is probably a good thing to invest it, so you so have a salary every month from your investment
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 05:51:26 PM

Perhaps 1 bitcoin for passive investments like investing for gambling bankrolls (satoshidice and bitdice are good websites to do this, you can split between these two, or you can find even more if you want to split more, if you want more suggestions just pm me). Or loans on exchanges (i think bitstamp allows you to loan money to people who want to short or trade on margin, but I never tried this so i don't know how this works and how save it is).

The other 1 bitcoin you can trade actively if you want to actively trade. If you're good at poker or know a lot about sports you could use poker or betting on sports, which are both slightly risky, but better than normal gambling. I would not advice regular gambling, as you'd more likely lose money than gain money. Even though I invested in gambling websites and make some money from losing gamblers, I never advice people to gamble. Luckily not everyone listens to my advice.

You could find some other investments/startups to invest in, but research them before you invest. If you find any promising investments, let me know, I might want to invest in those too, if they look profitable enough.

HashOcean also looks promising, although I would be cautious with investing too much, I think they look legit, but I have no experience with them yet, so I plan on investing a small amount and see how it goes. They mine altcoins with Radeon R9 cards and sell those for bitcoin, the payout seems to be fairly consistent.

So far, the most profitable for me has been investments in satoshidice and bitdice. Although you never know how much you make because it depends on two things:

2) How much luck the gamblers have, on some days they might have so much luck that you actually lose money, but since you have a house edge of 1%, in the long run you will earn money. (out of every 1000 bets they make, you win 505 times)

If you invest in those, you'll see over the course of a month or so you'll have some profit. Those are my long-term investments, so that I can get some passive bitcoin income.

They won't make you rich overnight (but no investment really does) but they will give you some long-term profit.

I was planning on investing on hashocean but im too scared that before I even make ROI they will shut down the site and run with the money.
It has been active for years it seems tho so it would take bad luck to be you the sucker that gets robbed..
bestluck

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 06:54:08 PM

Currently the best investment is that do not touch them and let them at there as sooner the price of bitcoin will reach to a more higher value, maybe it double up within this month and after that you will have to think to start a business with that, at that time you will be able to start any business with that amount conveniently.
lexuz

Activity: 714

Me, myself and I

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:42:10 PM

Currently the best investment is that do not touch them and let them at there as sooner the price of bitcoin will reach to a more higher value, maybe it double up within this month and after that you will have to think to start a business with that, at that time you will be able to start any business with that amount conveniently.
Would be better if he sell it all his coins at the current price and start to build his business with all money he got from sell bitcoin if him still want to invest in bitcoin just use a half from it and hold a half for waiting the price goes down to buy it bitcoin again for investment.
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 11:16:20 PM

I prefer to gamble it and hit a butter zone of .02 everyday. Such high bankroll could gain much profit
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 11:18:52 PM

I suggest you use only half of the trading. and used partly as an investment gold in the real world. we do not know what happens in the future. watch and make an investment in the two places is a careful choice.
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 11:42:14 PM

agreed with you, if i have same amount like that , i would be invest max just 30% from my bankroll. and there are another gambling sites which you can invest, example in Cryptogames and Justdice.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 12:18:47 AM

I also think this is not a good moment to risk your coins because they are acquiring an increased value every day. But if you are really interested in trying some investment options, perhaps it might be worth to risk only 2 btc and store your remaining 10 coins.
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 12:22:44 AM

I will use it to invest in bitcoin trading. I want to double the bitcoin. with trading alt coin I believe, can benefit greatly .The important thing is to maintain patience for taking any action.
Nouelle-Hunter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 12:28:21 AM

My first and only advice to you is just be wise on every decision you will make in investing.You could try to invest on trading cloud mining and hyips online.You can also just store it on your wallet and exchange it to fiat currency when its price rise uo to gain small or big profit depending on the quantity of coins you're holding.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 04:56:09 AM

I will use it to invest in bitcoin trading. I want to double the bitcoin. with trading alt coin I believe, can benefit greatly .The important thing is to maintain patience for taking any action.

i agree. so far from all the methods of investing bitcoin i find trading to be the best of all of them. or at least it is best and suitable for me. you can make a good profit from it although it is still risky and hard to find a good opportunity of investment but each week you can find something especially in altcoin market to make a decent amount of profit on your bitcoin investment.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
bitdumper

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

One world One currency, Bitcoin.

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 05:02:02 AM

One word Diversification
All the options said above are great and you should invest in all of them little little. If one if them fly away or occur loss you can recover from other.
If you are new to trading and trust me i can trade on behalf of you. Generally i make 4% profit per month.

Ch3wbacca

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 05:49:39 AM

One word Diversification
All the options said above are great and you should invest in all of them little little. If one if them fly away or occur loss you can recover from other.
If you are new to trading and trust me i can trade on behalf of you. Generally i make 4% profit per month.

I believe this is good advice. Remember to put your BTC in cold storage with only 10-15% for good use

PM me if you wish for me to advertise you
katrimans

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 07:02:42 PM

One word Diversification

I believe this is good advice. Remember to put your BTC in cold storage with only 10-15% for good use
In my opinion, holding your coins is more then investing your coins at this moment as the bitcoin halving is in its way..
any time its price can hit $600+ or even more Cheesy and profit is for sure !!
Malayko

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 09:09:32 PM

One word Diversification

Oh yeah. That too.

DIVERSIFICATION is key to to investing.

Never forget that and dont ever go all in on one investment.

▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄
LetItRide     ||     Innovative Gambling Platform     ||     ICO OPEN - EARLY INVESTOR BONUS
▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 10:17:07 PM

I am using bitcoin as currency only so i don't know any possible way to invest well nowdays, maybe it's good to invest on gamling business i don't know.

OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 02:57:58 AM

Well if Tred (the OP) still has his 12 BTC now, then he is likely to be One Happy Camper today!  Just sitting on his asset has yielded pretty good!

Smiley

$621 last I checked at ounce.me.  <=== Nice little widget, shows BTC, gold, oil, US$ prices and a few more.
asr

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 04:28:11 AM

Advice, tips, speculation please.

I would just hold on to it for a while.
afriezalie

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 04:37:57 AM

Wow! With 12 BTC you can do many things. You can start to invest 6 BTC into trusted cloudmining company so you can earn some bucks every day and hold your 6 BTC until halving regulation, so you can sell it with higher price or you can invest all of your bitcoin into bitcoin or altcoin trading today. With trading, you can earn profit. But remember to be careful with altcoin trading, because you can suffer huge loss if you're impatient.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: