Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:09:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I buy and Sell for PAYPAL !! Get over it.  (Read 6280 times)
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 04:18:06 PM

Na they always side with the buyer. The only time they side with the seller is if you have shipping information or if the buyer sends as a gift.
Mosper

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 04:20:57 PM

Not my experience on digital currency. There is nothing to provide shipping on and I spoke to like 6 different people up the food chain arguing their own TOS with them. If the seller responds at all and tells paypal it was digital currency being traded they will close the case not siding with either party but choosing to not make a decision at all and let the transaction stand. If it worked out differently for you then I would say make a larger effort next time because this is definitely what happens. The buyer and seller need to have acknowledged it was for a digital item.

My argument was "you are essentially telling me that I can go scam as many people as I want until I get enough reports to be closed for abuse but by then I've already taken 10K" and they're just like "Yes".

Me? I'm just the cynical voice floating in the sea of unchecked optimism.
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 04:32:53 PM

People do exactly what you are talking about. Digital items are not covered under buyer or seller protection. If the buyer claims that they never received the item they will side with the buyer. If the buyer says it was unauthorized and they sent payment for an item they will side with the buyer, if the seller admits it is for a digital item they will side with the buyer, if the seller takes a payment sent as a gift from the personal options and from their home address they will side with the buyer. There is no seller protection for gift payments. The only way that you can send as a gift and get a refund is if your computer was hacked or you logged in from a new ip address. Payments sent from home as a gift are not refundable otherwise.

Mosper

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 04:36:42 PM

People do exactly what you are talking about. Digital items are not covered under buyer or seller protection. If the buyer claims that they never received the item they will side with the buyer. If the buyer says it was unauthorized and they sent payment for an item they will side with the buyer, if the seller admits it is for a digital item they will side with the buyer, if the seller takes a payment sent as a gift from the personal options and from their home address they will side with the buyer. There is no seller protection for gift payments. The only way that you can send as a gift and get a refund is if your computer was hacked or you logged in from a new ip address. Payments sent from home as a gift are not refundable otherwise.

There is no buyer protection for digital items either and they will point that out to you.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full.

You can read it here and I argued this stupid thing at length with those dumb motherfuckers.

13.3 Ineligible Items. PayPal Purchase Protection only applies to PayPal payments for certain tangible, physical goods. Payments for the following are not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase Protection:

Intangible items, including Digital Goods

I eventually did the chargeback from my bank and told paypal to go fuck themselves and then hired a credit repair lawyer to fight a long war to have the mark from paypal removed from my credit. It costs me more in the end but the satisfaction of giving them the bird was worth it.

sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 04:42:18 PM

I would love to tell them to fuck off, but I need them right now. If a larger market opens with different payment methods I will be migrating. I have been waiting for yearws for that to happen but so far no one holds a candle to ebay and paypal.
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 04:46:46 PM

Not you again get lost Qweedo fucking troll
Mosper

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 04:49:20 PM

Seriously I know as much about their policy regarding digital products as the people working there now.

If a buyer files a dispute for a digital transaction they send a notice to the seller. If the seller does not respond in the number of allotted days (I believe it is 10) then it is closed automatically in favor of the buyer. If the seller responds AT ALL saying it was a digital good being sold then they automatically close the dispute effectively ruling in favor of the seller. If the seller receives too many disputes they close the account for an investigation of abuse on the part of the seller but the people who were already ripped off have no recourse. They literally responded to me asking does that mean I can go quickly rob people for ten thousand dollars and then just open a new account when they suspend that one over and over and they said yes.

sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 05:00:26 PM

Seriously I know as much about their policy regarding digital products as the people working there now.

If a buyer files a dispute for a digital transaction they send a notice to the seller. If the seller does not respond in the number of allotted days (I believe it is 10) then it is closed automatically in favor of the buyer. If the seller responds AT ALL saying it was a digital good being sold then they automatically close the dispute effectively ruling in favor of the seller. If the seller receives too many disputes they close the account for an investigation of abuse on the part of the seller but the people who were already ripped off have no recourse. They literally responded to me asking does that mean I can go quickly rob people for ten thousand dollars and then just open a new account when they suspend that one over and over and they said yes.

You are not telling me anything and you are wrong about them siding in the favor of the seller for digital items. When the buyer opens a dispute they seize the funds from the seller and return it to the buyer if it was for a digital item.

the point is I know the risks I dont care what nerds on the internet have to say about it. If you think that my methods dont work then try and steal from me. If you are so cock sure that you are right then put it to the test. My site is bitcoin friends on facebook. 
Mosper

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 05:01:56 PM

You are not telling me anything and you are wrong about them siding in the favor of the seller for digital items. When the buyer opens a dispute they seize the funds from the seller and return it to the buyer if it was for a digital item.

the point is I know the risks I dont care what nerds on the internet have to say about it. If you think that my methods dont work then try and steal from me. If you are so cock sure that you are right then put it to the test. My site is bitcoin friends on facebook.  
It wouldn't make much sense for me to try and steal from you when I am cock sure that they side with the seller?Huh

sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 05:10:49 PM

Fair enough I never get people that say you cant charge back. If you want to set up a test let me know. I wont jeopardize my paypal account but if you want to buy from me and try and charge back we can set up a test. You will be successful if you send your payment as a payment for an item. You will be unsuccessful if you send as a gift from your home IP address.
Mosper

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 05:39:15 PM

BTC is a little too volatile for me to put my money in. I've been doing the same thing as you sort of only through different means. Taking very very short positions on BTC via BTC jam and slowly but surely making small profits. I can't put money into something that swings and loses 10% of its value several times a day in under a minute.

shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 12:51:04 AM

All I said was you don't understand paypal, it is ok dude, don't have to get all rude.

Not everyone dealing with paypal is bad! Why not do paypal gift if trusted relationship has not been established yet ? In fact, paypal gift is the way to go - no fees from either side. I agree 100% trust is above all, but please, do not refute PP blatantly - it is excruciatingly difficult for newcomers like me to get upto speed in that way. I also agree that there are lots and lots of scammers here - so far within a month of me joining here, I have been PM'd by scammers from the other side of the table.

sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 04:16:55 AM

BTC is a little too volatile for me to put my money in. I've been doing the same thing as you sort of only through different means. Taking very very short positions on BTC via BTC jam and slowly but surely making small profits. I can't put money into something that swings and loses 10% of its value several times a day in under a minute.

Smart man. I dont have it like that either. Although I did just drop 10k on a mining operation  Grin
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 04:23:47 AM

I only use paypal. I have other selling options but have only done one cash deal all others have been for paypal. People have options and they chose paypal.
I am just giving the people what they want! I just need suppliers!   

They did just start charging a fee for sending a gift if you fund it with debit or credit card.  All my funds are from ebay sales or digital item sales so I get no fee when sending.

moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 08:51:36 PM

You could always experiment with mailing a code so they can redeem the coins to a verified paypal address. Then you have some sort of chargeback protection since you would have registered mail signature receipt on file to prove you lived up to your end of the deal. Problem is US mail sucks now, they want to go 3 days a week delivery or something

Could do this with new customers then slowly graduate them up a level of funding limits for instant buy in the future
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3273

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 08:57:42 PM

I think it's funny how the topic of this thread is "I buy and Sell for PAYPAL !! Get over it.", and yet people can't seem to get over it.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:06:39 PM

Me too Smiley It is not a big deal.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:11:43 PM

All I said was you don't understand paypal, it is ok dude, don't have to get all rude.

Not everyone dealing with paypal is bad! Why not do paypal gift if trusted relationship has not been established yet ? In fact, paypal gift is the way to go - no fees from either side. I agree 100% trust is above all, but please, do not refute PP blatantly - it is excruciatingly difficult for newcomers like me to get upto speed in that way. I also agree that there are lots and lots of scammers here - so far within a month of me joining here, I have been PM'd by scammers from the other side of the table.

No but your breaking Paypal's TOS, so when his account gets frozen, he will be whining about it, and I just don't want to hear it. He thinks he is out smarting paypal, but true is, he has been lucky and probably hasn't had a huge income, to warrant a red flag to paypal. As soon as that happens he will be frozen and assets will be gone. Also why not use a real exchange like everyone else instead of this internet back alley. Wink
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:32:12 PM

Fucking Gweedo get off my post TROLL QWEEDO= TROLL!!! GET LOST QWEEDO. I am a big boy I dont need your fucking 2 cent. Thanks for your concern now bet it. This is my post!
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:39:08 PM

Fucking Gweedo get off my post TROLL QWEEDO= TROLL!!! GET LOST QWEEDO. I am a big boy I dont need your fucking 2 cent. Thanks for your concern now bet it. This is my post!

Wasn't even talking to you LMAO, and I hope your "clients" see the way your conducting yourself, this is insane how anyone gives you business will always be a mystery.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: