Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:15:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk needs to be more noob friendly  (Read 5578 times)
mootinator

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 05:56:11 PM

KWH, I didn't bring up the core mod team, gweedo assumed I must not know about it because I didn't launch into a dissertation about what's important about how SO works in the context of this forum (in gweedo's mind).

Anyhow, if all I'm doing is trolling whining and wasting time here you'd better get someone to ban me, quick or I'm clearly proof at how ridiculous/worthless this mechanical vetting process is.

then leave good-bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out

See, if I didn't have a comment to make on a real post, I wouldn't be here. I intend to do at least that. If your community isn't going prevent me from doing that, because I'm just going to be a whiny bitch who doesn't spend his four hours researching bitcoin like a good little boy that clearly demonstrates that this entire process is worthless.

Is this difficult? No. Could there be a more constructive way of weeding out the bad apples? Yes. That's all I'm saying.

No
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 05:58:22 PM

KWH, I didn't bring up the core mod team, gweedo assumed I must not know about it because I didn't launch into a dissertation about what's important about how SO works in the context of this forum (in gweedo's mind).

Anyhow, if all I'm doing is trolling whining and wasting time here you'd better get someone to ban me, quick or I'm clearly proof at how ridiculous/worthless this mechanical vetting process is.

then leave good-bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out

See, if I didn't have a comment to make on a real post, I wouldn't be here. I intend to do at least that. If your community isn't going prevent me from doing that, because I'm just going to be a whiny bitch who doesn't spend his four hours researching bitcoin like a good little boy that clearly demonstrates that this entire process is worthless.

Is this difficult? No. Could there be a more constructive way of weeding out the bad apples? Yes. That's all I'm saying.

Problem is, you don't own this forum and you don't set the rules. Owner sets the rules and if any of us want to participate here we must follow them. If not, we move on somewhere else.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 06:05:51 PM

gweedo= DICK

The forum could be  much better
It needs a user guide
If you are going to provide a market place you have to have a way for the customers in the market to review and rate!
It needs a" what is bitcoin forums" video
It needs explanations for policies

And all of it needs to be posted in a way that is very easy to see 
mootinator

Activity: 274

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 06:07:55 PM

Problem is, you don't own this forum and you don't set the rules. Owner sets the rules and if any of us want to participate here we must follow them. If not, we move on somewhere else.

Let's try this again. Hi, I'm mootinator. I'm aware of how the world works. While I'm locked in this noob piece of forum, I'll muse about how it would be nice if it were a better place, and others will respond ot that by telling me to shut up and keep my head down. Honestly, those people will probably survive longer when the fascists take over. Then we can have tea.

No
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 06:09:57 PM

Let's try this again. Hi, I'm mootinator. I'm aware of how the world works. While I'm locked in this noob piece of forum, I'll muse about how it would be nice if it were a better place, and others will respond ot that by telling me to shut up and keep my head down. Honestly, those people will probably survive longer when the fascists take over. Then we can have tea.

Well, tea's a good start if it has a few additives.  Grin

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 06:43:57 PM

qweedo = DICK  You suck qweedo! You should be tagged as a zero your defiantly not a hero.... booo booo boo qweedo sucks hiss boo.

I will not trade with qweedo for PP or anything else ever. don't ask qweedo. go fuck yourself and leave the new guys alone. New guys link to this when he talks shit.   

Kettenmonster

Activity: 420

bool eval(bool b){return b ? b==true : b==false;}

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 07:05:15 PM

Bitcointalk needs to be more noob friendly!

Yes, please! No doubt about that.
But so what? Isn't that always and everywhere at any time the case with everything?
Yes so as well.

But keep in mind:
Whenever a noob annoys you then it's you how is annoyed, thus do something about it.
Change your attitude! Just because it is your fault there is no reason to blame anybody else, not even a noob.

When an overly answered question pops by and your not in the mood to answer ... you shouldn't have read it in first place, should you?
You could search for a link with an appropriate answer though and post it, but only if it makes you fell better.
Keep in mind not to argue whilst being pissed off and that's all about it.

Whilst the world continues to turn let it become better, maybe by not making it worse.

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
(source: my internet)
jutebug

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 07:33:46 PM

Agreed, but this type of filtering is getting more and more popular with big forums... I'm getting used to it :\

Jute
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 11:56:20 PM

qweedo = DICK  You suck qweedo! You should be tagged as a zero your defiantly not a hero.... booo booo boo qweedo sucks hiss boo.

I will not trade with qweedo for PP or anything else ever. don't ask qweedo. go fuck yourself and leave the new guys alone. New guys link to this when he talks shit.   

LMAO you will not trade with me, what will I do now. Oh wait I don't need to use paypal to make money Wink it is ok keep hating on me and can you not speel, it is gweedo not qweedo get my name right.

Bitcointalk needs to be more noob friendly!

Yes, please! No doubt about that.
But so what? Isn't that always and everywhere at any time the case with everything?
Yes so as well.

But keep in mind:
Whenever a noob annoys you then it's you how is annoyed, thus do something about it.
Change your attitude! Just because it is your fault there is no reason to blame anybody else, not even a noob.

When an overly answered question pops by and your not in the mood to answer ... you shouldn't have read it in first place, should you?
You could search for a link with an appropriate answer though and post it, but only if it makes you fell better.
Keep in mind not to argue whilst being pissed off and that's all about it.

Whilst the world continues to turn let it become better, maybe by not making it worse.

It is very easy to get the noobie friendly bitcointalk, prove you deserve the respect and it will be shown, otherwise just stop complaining we all did get over it. End of story. This thread has gone on way too long as it is.

That must be why no one respects you.

BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 01:51:55 AM

Great I called your granny and got her for 5 mill already. Hows your escrow service going........fail fail fail

sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 02:56:03 AM

I wont escrow with Qweedo, john the dog gets my business and so will every other person i see asking about escrow.

Qweedo = dick 
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 06:51:12 PM

[words]

Thanks for proving this setup doesn't stop retards, trolls and illiterate morons from posting here, all in one post.  Good jerb.  *plonk*
WGates

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 11:00:33 AM

I had to Google why I could not reply here and NOW I know I need to log 4 hours reading first, or post to newbie threads. But this forum sure appears to be THE place for discussing bitcoin.
timuckun

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 11:13:28 AM

^^ Is he 13? ^^

Why do people who are not noobs hang out here just to post animated gifs telling the noobs to STFU? What exactly do they think they are accomplishing?

Seems like a strange place.
pinger
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin - Resistance is futile

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 07:56:41 PM

I had to Google why I could not reply here and NOW I know I need to log 4 hours reading first, or post to newbie threads. But this forum sure appears to be THE place for discussing bitcoin.

Its good to learn from what is posted before to start a repetitive thread. Is what every forum have to do.

For rent
abigfish

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:51:34 PM

4hour log in is TOTAL BS imo ...given the fact these forums are viewable to NON-members (unlike hack/cc forums where u need to reg first and be approved)

1.Since I could read all around with no restriction I saw NO NEED to create an account here yet (didnt have ant questions)
I swear to God that I spent at least 30 hours this month READING lots of threads and posts here.
Finally I decide to join and voila...I can only post in the newbie thread ...which I am sure is ignored by most elites ...while being closely followed by UNFRIENDLY people who like to flame/argue/say that it's already been asked.

2.Also the 5 post rule is BS ..motivates ppl to post: "yada yad ...this is my 3rd post yey !"

3.BITCOIN VETERANS and non-noobs...OPEN YOUR EYES AND MIND FFS ...if you dont become the friendliest bunch in the world ASAP you can quickly go shove all the BTC's you have up yours arses ...because YOU NEED MILLIONS of noobs for BTC to even survive ....and hundreds of millions of noobs to make it a viable real international currency....

however if you decide to be too smart, cocky and important for us noobs...well go ahead and wait for your BTC value drop ..

PEOPLE WHO WANT TO BUY A CURRENCY AND SPEND IT FEEL THEY DESERVE TOTAL RESPECT ...and not the "oh my another noob who just came here" cold shoulder....
GerMG

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 10:53:54 PM

it is already noob friendly
abigfish

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:58:18 PM

Yeah ? Well please explain to me how a newbie can go the market place and communicate with sellers or open a thread ??
jmfg187

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 11:00:03 PM

I had no problem meeting the requirements, hell by the time I got my 5th post I was surprised to see I had 12 hours logged in. I did however do a lot of reading before I posted at all. My only knowledge before coming here was with LTC, (it's what I started with) but after being here a bit I learned quite a lot. If you find the right stuff to read these forums has a wealth of information about BTC and other alt coins that I didn't even know about.

BTC: 17nmAJ5N2fKMTGymAarp4DUPXjHkohacXQ  LTC: LUzmyjMuVWyU9coa7iEQYgGWKDBKRsiLmo  NVC: 4Pby77nChLzU2rsi2RsLpM8C95dKF5XTbg  FC: 6nKefP46bnT3P1XP9jaEugYd84UdW4zrL3
cntrlwiz

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 11:00:37 PM

4hour log in is TOTAL BS imo ...given the fact these forums are viewable to NON-members (unlike hack/cc forums where u need to reg first and be approved)

1.Since I could read all around with no restriction I saw NO NEED to create an account here yet (didnt have ant questions)
I swear to God that I spent at least 30 hours this month READING lots of threads and posts here.
Finally I decide to join and voila...I can only post in the newbie thread ...which I am sure is ignored by most elites ...while being closely followed by UNFRIENDLY people who like to flame/argue/say that it's already been asked.

2.Also the 5 post rule is BS ..motivates ppl to post: "yada yad ...this is my 3rd post yey !"

3.BITCOIN VETERANS and non-noobs...OPEN YOUR EYES AND MIND FFS ...if you dont become the friendliest bunch in the world ASAP you can quickly go shove all the BTC's you have up yours arses ...because YOU NEED MILLIONS of noobs for BTC to even survive ....and hundreds of millions of noobs to make it a viable real international currency....

however if you decide to be too smart, cocky and important for us noobs...well go ahead and wait for your BTC value drop ..

PEOPLE WHO WANT TO BUY A CURRENCY AND SPEND IT FEEL THEY DESERVE TOTAL RESPECT ...and not the "oh my another noob who just came here" cold shoulder....

I hereby validate your point #1 and #2...this is my eighth post while in newbie jail...and I was reading for about two weeks prior to wanting to post something, and going through this...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: