Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:37:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [INTEREST CHECK] - Autographs for the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins  (Read 9220 times)
greenplastic
Legendary

Activity: 1809
Merit: 1136

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:33:20 AM

Good news!  CryptoImperator has been added today.

I also have a very special update from BitcoinPenny.  He would be happy to draw one of his world-famous hand-made doodle sketches on a larger 2" x 4" label in addition to his signature on the normal label.   I won't ask anything extra for this, but wanted to provide a little something special for anybody getting a set.  You could add this to a front inside blank page.

BitcoinPenny has made some very nice sketches for his customers.  See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1213499.0

Any takers??

Yes! I am also in.
Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:43:20 AM

I also have a very special update from BitcoinPenny.  He would be happy to draw one of his world-famous hand-made doodle sketches on a larger 2" x 4" label in addition to his signature on the normal label.   I won't ask anything extra for this, but wanted to provide a little something special for anybody getting a set.  You could add this to a front inside blank page.

BitcoinPenny has made some very nice sketches for his customers.  See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1213499.0

Any takers??

Yes! I am also in.
Thanks

OK...I'll mention to BitcoinPenny that people want them.  We didn't want to consume his time, if there wasn't the interest.  Personally for me, I prefer sketches from celebrities over their autograph, since I find it more personal and unique.  I have many sketches from some famous names, as well as many cartoon sketches, comic strip original panels and original artwork.  I think this is a nice gesture on behalf of BitcoinPenny.

On another note, I may have some maker's signatures coming complete with their hologram on the label, as an added bonus.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 12:55:52 AM

Good news!  CryptoImperator has been added today.

Any takers??

Yes! I am also in.
Thanks

OK...I'll mention to BitcoinPenny that people want them.  We didn't want to consume his time, if there wasn't the interest.  Personally for me, I prefer sketches from celebrities over their autograph, since I find it more personal and unique.  I have many sketches from some famous names, as well as many cartoon sketches, comic strip original panels and original artwork.  I think this is a nice gesture on behalf of BitcoinPenny.

On another note, I may have some maker's signatures coming complete with their hologram on the label, as an added bonus.

That is a nice touch, as I know many people can't afford or don't have all of the coins and the hologram is a great alternative and just as collectible!!

thanks

No promises on the holos, but its something I'm discussing now with a couple of the people in the group today.  Some of the makers suggested it themselves.  I hadn't thought about it earlier, but its a great feature.

If any of the other makers that are signing labels are reading this, I'm sure we would love to have you add holos to your labels, if you wish to, and can spare them.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
Bitguy2016

Activity: 116
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 01:06:41 PM

Any takers??

Yes! I am also in.
Thanks

OK...I'll mention to BitcoinPenny that people want them.  We didn't want to consume his time, if there wasn't the interest.  Personally for me, I prefer sketches from celebrities over their autograph, since I find it more personal and unique.  I have many sketches from some famous names, as well as many cartoon sketches, comic strip original panels and original artwork.  I think this is a nice gesture on behalf of BitcoinPenny.

You don't want my sketches, I only can draw stick people, lol
Bitguy2016

Activity: 116
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 01:50:03 PM

Any takers??

Yes! I am also in.
Thanks

OK...I'll mention to BitcoinPenny that people want them.  We didn't want to consume his time, if there wasn't the interest.  Personally for me, I prefer sketches from celebrities over their autograph, since I find it more personal and unique.  I have many sketches from some famous names, as well as many cartoon sketches, comic strip original panels and original artwork.  I think this is a nice gesture on behalf of BitcoinPenny.

That is a nice touch, as I know many people can't afford or don't have all of the coins and the hologram is a great alternative and just as collectible!!

thanks

No promises on the holos, but its something I'm discussing now with a couple of the people in the group today.  Some of the makers suggested it themselves.  I hadn't thought about it earlier, but its a great feature.

If any of the other makers that are signing labels are reading this, I'm sure we would love to have you add holos to your labels, if you wish to, and can spare them.

I will include holos, and in fact, how about a "loaded" label. Ea scratch off holo added to ea label will be loaded with .001 btc, as in the new 4 color sets just recently avail.
(Which btw, still have some sets if anyone else interested. Much appreciated Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1482868.0;all
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:02:20 PM

Any takers??

Yes! I am also in.
Thanks

thanks

I will include holos, and in fact, how about a "loaded" label. Ea scratch off holo added to ea label will be loaded with .001 btc, as in the new 4 color sets just recently avail.
(Which btw, still have some sets if anyone else interested. Much appreciated Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1482868.0;all

Thank you very much bitguy.  I'm very appreciative.  That would be great.

I would also endorse his coins.  I find them very v1 serp-like.  The silver one I got was one of the first coins I ever bought, when I just got into this obsession.

BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 02:38:23 PM

Unfortunately, we don't have a generic holo sticker. Our new holo sticker is experimental only, and it reads, "Buyer Funded." Wink

Regards,
Chris

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:52:17 PM

So great news today.  The one..the only...Lealana joined today and should be adding holos to his labels, lasered with some text on the holos.  Any suggestions what to write on it? 

I also got a great name from the past...Cryptolator, who did the very unique 'Unchained' series of silver, copper, Merlin Gold, and Antique sets. 

Very excited for both.

TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:53:42 PM

I'll order some extra holograms and add them too!
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 02:58:11 PM

This is gonna be sweet!

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 03:01:55 PM

Awesome.  Thank you.

I'm pretty excited, since for those of you maybe not into autographs, will most likely be excited to collect the different holos.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 04:26:34 PM

So great news today.  The one..the only...Lealana joined today and should be adding holos to his labels, lasered with some text on the holos.  Any suggestions what to write on it?  

I also got a great name from the past...Cryptolator, who did the very unique 'Unchained' series of silver, copper, Merlin Gold, and Antique sets.  

Very excited for both.

Maybe if I autograph my signature on them with a laser mark and then sign it with a sharpie as well? I could even laser the date if need be.

Let me know.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 04:39:03 PM

So great news today.  The one..the only...Lealana joined today and should be adding holos to his labels, lasered with some text on the holos.  Any suggestions what to write on it?  

Very excited for both.

Maybe if I autograph my signature on them with a laser mark and then sign it with a sharpie as well? I could even laser the date if need be.

Let me know.

I'm open to any ideas....maybe something like "Encyclopedia", "Signed Edition",  "Autograph", etc..

If using a sharpie, the permanent ultra-fine tip works best since the normal "fine" tip is very thick for the labels we'll have.

elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 04:42:29 PM

Let me know.

I love the idea of using a laser to put your signature onto the holograms. Date would also be a very neat option.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
greenplastic
Legendary

Activity: 1809
Merit: 1136

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 05:54:23 PM

So great news today.  The one..the only...Lealana joined today and should be adding holos to his labels, lasered with some text on the holos.  Any suggestions what to write on it? 

Very excited for both.

Wow...Cryptolator & Lealana as well!  Very nice add-ons. 
Getting more interested in this project, and like how this is coming along...
(thanks bithalo)
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 08:24:47 PM

Very excited for both.

Wow...Cryptolator & Lealana as well!  Very nice add-ons. 
Getting more interested in this project, and like how this is coming along...
(thanks bithalo)

Thanks.  I've started asking the makers today if they can add their holo to the label.  Cryptolator now also was very happy to oblige with a holo.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 11:01:09 PM

Very excited for both.

Let me know.

I'm open to any ideas....maybe something like "Encyclopedia", "Signed Edition",  "Autograph", etc..

If using a sharpie, the permanent ultra-fine tip works best since the normal "fine" tip is very thick for the labels we'll have.
Could you post an example pic of a blank label for us all to see beforehand?

Thanks

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 11:06:30 PM

Been watching this with interest ever since CJB posted his signed page, good job running with it Bithalo!  Cool

Btw, don't let Bitcoinpenny fool you - He has STICKERS, but they aren't holograms (yet)... (Sorry, Chris, but I kept mine! Cheesy

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 11:58:27 PM

Very excited for both.

Let me know.

Could you post an example pic of a blank label for us all to see beforehand?

Thanks

I dont have them on hand yet, but they will measure 1 inch x 3 inch.  Matte white acid free paper with foil backing, specifically meant for books.   They wont peel off the page.  These are special library archival labels, not typical ones one would buy from a local office supply store.

I measured the typical space above or below any maker's page, and decided a 1" x 3" seemed to work best.  Its likely that some holos will extend past the border.

Although signing a page directly is more ideal, the one nice thing about the labels, is that the acid free surface should reduce much chance of the signature yellowing over many years.   

bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 11:26:20 AM

Could anyone measure the exact length of some various holos they have?  If many are over an inch, I think I'll need to buy some different labels that are wider so there's no part of the holo sticking over the edges.  All my coins are packed up at a secure place an hour from my house due to moving.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: