Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:39:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [INTEREST CHECK] - Autographs for the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins  (Read 9220 times)
greenplastic
Legendary

Activity: 1809
Merit: 1136

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 04:55:15 PM

Nice bithalo,

Super glad BTCC has agreed to this project!  Smiley   

(Still keeping fingers crossed, for Ravenbit to join in & pop out of some kind of cake.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 05:15:28 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2016, 10:24:58 PM by bithalo

Nice bithalo,

Super glad BTCC has agreed to this project!  Smiley  

(Still keeping fingers crossed, for Ravenbit to join in & pop out of some kind of cake.)

Agreed.  Its been months of emails and PMs on my part.  I had to resort to rushing a US Express Mail Envelope to them in the hopes it gets there and back in enough time before I wrap this project up soon.

I don't think Ravenbit is joining, but Minerjones is sending me 50 holos of theirs that I'll be giving out in the sets.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 11:54:14 PM

I don't think Ravenbit is joining, but Minerjones is sending me 50 holos of theirs that I'll be giving out in the sets.

Nice one! minerjones you are da man! Smiley

Wonder if there is something within the book pages with signatures and holos sticked on them to help protect them like a thin layer of plastic film or something.
Not sure I'm not a book expert, but over time I would be worried the signature ink messing up with the previous page as well as the holos leaving some marks or colour.

Also this is more a question for Elianite I guess, but will the book be kind of sealed, wrapped in plastic to preserve it if someone wants to keep it as it came.
And will the books be packed and shipped in a way that they won't sustain any damage during transport? I believe they'll be quite heavy so protecting the corners as well as the rest of the book is essential.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 12:06:29 AM

Wonder if there is something within the book pages with signatures and holos sticked on them to help protect them like a thin layer of plastic film or something.
Not sure I'm not a book expert, but over time I would be worried the signature ink messing up with the previous page as well as the holos leaving some marks or colour.

Also this is more a question for Elianite I guess, but will the book be kind of sealed, wrapped in plastic to preserve it if someone wants to keep it as it came.
And will the books be packed and shipped in a way that they won't sustain any damage during transport? I believe they'll be quite heavy so protecting the corners as well as the rest of the book is essential.

Not sure how ultra fine sharpies age over time on labels that I signed...but it is a good thought to consider as wear and tear can happen with anything.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 12:22:00 AM

Not sure how ultra fine sharpies age over time on labels that I signed...but it is a good thought to consider as wear and tear can happen with anything.

As a former stamp collector's kid, I can say the same - Maybe if you have all exact sized labels, you can enclose them in properly sized stamp collector plastic folds, which if you have the right dimensions should be pretty cheap? I know that it's not like airtight, but it would protect both sides.

thanks

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 01:53:23 AM

I was not planning to do additional layers of protection on each label in the book itself.  I know that any additional layers will make the pages less flat and cause pages to bulge out.  My assumption would be that one possibly seal the entire book on the outside should they want to keep it airtite.  The labels are archival quality and acid free so they aren't supposed to yellow over time or have the sticky part bleed thru to the signature.  The ink used for the most part by each maker has been gel based rollerball and some ultra fine sharpie, which are good for not smudging on the label itself or messing with the previous page.  I don't expect holos to be a problem.

The hardcovers will be handled by minerjones, so shipping and protection would be done by him.  Since each book requires different levels of interaction (stamping, adding labels), they may not have factory wrapping.  Elianite and minerjones handle all book sales, so I can pass on these concerns to them to make sure they wrap/ship the books properly.  I do think it would be a good idea to have some kind of protection for each much like coins can be packaged in a airtite or sleeve.   While comic books have hard toploaders, backing, and plastic baggies, I dont know if such a thing exists for a large, thick hardcover book.  Maybe someone could be kind enough to make a suggestion and I can forward it onto minerjones/Elianite.

The 15 or so loose sets that I am selling will come in a genuine leather card album made for displaying 120 business cards.  Each label and holo will be put in those pages for protection for shipping and short term display.  I cant say if it is ideal for long term storage, but I expect most people will remove the labels and put them in their own books.  Right now, for the last few weeks, I'm doing a test by putting a signed label and holo and letting it bake inside our car to see if heat will melt the labels onto the pages. 

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 03:35:44 AM

Thanks for the reply and the detailed information.
Sounds like this was well thought out beforehand which is great to hear.

I have some comics and yes they all are in plastic bags to keep them safe. I think the airtite sleeve for the hardcover is a great idea.
Hope there is something like that that matches the book size.

And yes some good packaging for the books a-la Amazon should prevent damage due to handling.

This is for shipping protection

http://www.care4books.com/packaging/page.asp?type=cat&pid=9&cid=2

http://www.kitepackaging.co.uk/scp/postal-boxes/book-wrap-cardboard-mailers/?gclid=CK7gprXtsM4CFVS4GwodOrQBzQ

I'm sure there are loads for cheap on Amazon.

This is for keeping the book safe once shipped

I also found some of these, but not sure they are actually airtight but they will cover the book in its entirety.

http://www.shopbrodart.com/Library-Supplies/Book-Jacket-Covers/Exact-Fit-Covers/Tubular/Tubular-Rolls/_/Brodart-Tubular-Book-Jacket-Covers/

They have a lot of different models here's a video to show how they all work (towards the end), I think the tubular model would fit best.

Alternatively there are book boxes:

=870]Adjustable Rare Book Storage Box

=693]E-Flute Corrugated Rare Book Boxes

This is just to share some ideas I found with a quick Google search, I wasn't able to find a plastic sleeve for big books but I'm sure there are more options.

NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 02:00:55 AM

I owe the community something ridiculous. MT and I are proud about what we're about to drop. Thanks for considering our project for your volume.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 12:16:37 PM

I owe the community something ridiculous. MT and I are proud about what we're about to drop. Thanks for considering our project for your volume.

I'm glad to have you on board as well.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 10:05:38 AM

Any updates?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 02:46:24 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2016, 12:08:36 AM by bithalo

Any updates?

There hasn't been much activity so I haven't posted lately.   I plan to finish this in about 3 weeks.  I am trying to time this with the completion of the Auto Ed. Hardcover.

The list is now up to 35 coin makers, but it will likely be 30, as some makers haven't replied back to me in a while, and I'm not sending out any more label packages.

We will be adding at least 7 new pages to the upcoming Hardcover Encyclopedia for each of the new coin makers, once we get their labels back, so the labels have a place in the book:

- Defcoins (ometeotl)
- Bitpieces
- Cryptocracy
- Supreme BTC
- Satori
- Z Mint 1 Bitcent
- BTCC Mint

So far I have received back 27 coin makers' labels:  (* makers included their holos too)

* Anarcoins (bigtimespaghetti)
   BitcoinPenny (tokens only)
* Bitpieces
* BTCC
* Criptoe (Guldencoin)
* Cryptocracy
* Cryptofreeze
   Cryptogifts (tokens only)  
* CryptoImperator
* Cryptolator
   Cryptonic (tokens only)  
* Cryptovest
* Defcoins (ometeotl)
* Denarium
* FiniteByDesign
* Genesis Coins (20 Holos)
   Kialara
* Lealana
* Luckybit
* Microsoul
   mjb Monetary Metals (tokens only)  
* Nasty Fans
   Satori
* Serp
* Shibanu
* TitanBTC
   Z Mint

Holos only:
   bhcoins (Reserved for loose sets for sale)
   Ravenbit

Extras:
  bithalo signature
  Elianite signature
  BitcoinPenny doodle
  Other things to be announced

digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 02:56:06 PM

The list is looking great so far, thanks all for participating in getting your holograms into the book - can't wait to see it!  Cool

coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 05:07:20 PM

Thanks for the updates! Smiley
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 09:32:13 PM

Time for another update.   I plan to finish this in about 1-2 weeks. 

The list will likely be at up to 30 different makers.

So far I have received back 28 coin makers' labels:  (* makers included their holos too)

BitcoinPenny (tokens only)
* Bitpiece
* BTCC
* Criptoe (Guldencoin)
* Cryptocracy
* Cryptofreeze
* CryptoImperator
* Cryptolator
   Cryptonic (tokens only)   
* Cryptovest
* Defcoins (ometeotl)
* Denarium
* FiniteByDesign
* Genesis Coins (20 Holos)
   Kialara
* Lealana
* Luckybit
* Microsoul
* Nasty Fans
   Satori
* Serp
* Shibanu
   TGBEX
* TitanBTC
   Z Mint

Holos only:
   bhcoins (Reserved for loose sets for sale)
   Ravenbit

Extras:
  bithalo signature
  Elianite signature
  BitcoinPenny doodle
  Other things to be announced

coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 07:15:52 PM

Any updates? elianite hasn't been discussing this for a while, would be good to hear what's a rough ETA.

Thank you.
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 12:46:41 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2016, 10:58:29 PM by bithalo

Time for another update.   The project is ready.  I'm just waiting to have Elianite announce that the hardcovers are in stock before I take orders.  Printing for the hardcover should start in about 3 days.

Pricing will be $495 per loose set, where I will likely only have 11 sets for sale, and offer up to 3 more sets (with serial numbers #1-3) by auction.  I do not plan to do this project again, so this will likely be a one time opportunity.

Out of the 50 sets made, 20 are set aside for the hardcover Autograph Edition, 13 are given free to certain coin makers who signed early in the project,  and 3 are reserved for minerjones should he wish to offer a regular hardcover or a previous softcover with a set installed.

Due to the discount given to 20 AE sets, and 13 sets being given for free, the few remainder sets will be needed to recoup my investment of time, effort, material & mailing expenses.  Note there was a substantial effort & time on my part for the makers included as well as many, many other makers who did not participate.  

5% of sales of the 14 loose sets will be donated to likely two charities, but I am open to other suggestions.  One is for cancer research for children.  My wife has a friend whose little girl is recovering from cancer and supports this specific charity.  The other will likely be for literature for students in schools who cannot afford to purchase them due to their financial condition.    Should anyone wish to contribute to these or other charities on their own, I would welcome their help when sales commence.

There will be in each AE and loose serial numbered set:

* 35 signatures: 31 coin makers, 2 people that wish to remain secret per request, my sig, Elias sig,
* Bitcoin Penny unique doodle
* defcoins' unnumbered black poker chip
* 24 coin maker holos (The AE will not have the Genesis holo, whereas the loose sets will not have bhcoins holo)
* my signed COA with hologram.  

Complete list of 31 coin makers' signatures:  (* makers included their holos too)

The Bitcoin Penny Co. (tokens only)
* Bitpiece
* BTCC
* Criptoe (Guldencoin)
* Cryptocracy
* Cryptofreeze
* CryptoImperator
* Cryptolator
   Cryptonic (tokens only)  
* CryptoVest
* Defcoins (ometeotl)
* Denarium
* FiniteByDesign
* Genesis Coins (20 Holos for loose sets only)
   Kialara
* Lealana
* Luckybit
* Microsoul
* Nasty Fans
* NattyMind
   Satori
* Serp
* Shibanu
* Silver Wallets
* Supreme BTC
   TGBEX
* TitanBTC
   Z Mint

Holos only:
   bhcoins (Reserved for AE only)
   Ravenbit

I hope to accept orders within the next two weeks, as soon as Elianite makes his announcement.  

wheelz1200
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1406

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 01:11:57 AM

Bithalo it is impressive the amount of work to get everything aligned for this to come through.  Excited to see this project come to a head.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
..THE MOST REWARDING CASINO......
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▌
       +4,000       
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000   
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 01:41:55 AM

Thanks for the update! Looking fwd to it.
Hope to see some pics when ready Wink
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 03:05:00 AM

I will be sending out a PM shortly to the 13 coin makers who will be receiving a free set.   Only those who I had a direct PM conversation many months ago about it, will be receiving one.

I would like to know (by PM only) for those people, who will be ordering a non-Autograph edition hardcover or softcover.  I can send minerjones your set of labels, so that he can include the labels with the book.   I would rather save on the shipping when possible, if he will be sending you a book shortly anyways.

Note that purchasing a book is not required for getting a free set.

bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 03:37:01 AM

The PM has now been sent out by me.  Only those coin makers who are receiving a free set was sent this PM. 

I would rather keep the list private, in case anyone on that distribution list wishes to remain anonymous.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: