Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:12:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [INTEREST CHECK] - Autographs for the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins  (Read 9220 times)
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 08:19:35 AM

Great news its getting closer  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 11:42:14 PM

Bithalo, appreciate the updates and all the work that's gone into the project to date.  Really looking forward to this finally coming together.

bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 04:36:51 PM

Bithalo it is impressive the amount of work to get everything aligned for this to come through.  Excited to see this project come to a head.

Thanks for the update! Looking fwd to it.
Hope to see some pics when ready Wink

Bithalo, appreciate the updates and all the work that's gone into the project to date.  Really looking forward to this finally coming together.

Appreciate all the well wishes.  As I said many times, I thought this was a nice project to bring all of us in the community together.  Its also something a little different that gives the physical copy of the Encyclopedia a little more purpose than a digital copy.

I didn't think through all the time and energy it took initially.  In the past, many years ago, as a autograph collector, I just simply send out tons of things in the mail, and got back some of them.  But I am happy to do it for the community, and make my little contribution.  

I'm looking forward to having this project complete as well.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 10:16:47 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2016, 10:27:04 PM by bithalo

Some pics I took now of an entire set put together.

Serial numbered COA with holo.  The AE will be getting numbers #31-50.   The coin makers with the free sets, getting approx #18-30. The lower numbers will be offered to the public when sales commence soon.  The back of the COA will have a numbered list that will match to a number on the back of each signature/holo, so someone will know who is who.

The album is 10 3/8" x 4 5/8" and made of genuine leather.  I ordered 19 of them but if anyone wants one for a loose set that wont be put into a book immediately by minerjones, I will offer a few for sale at cost of $15 each plus added shipping outside the US.  Obviously it will increase shipping cost as well due to the larger dimensions and weight added.   It would only be offered first to the 17 buyers of loose sets or the 13 coin makers receiving a free loose set.  If I have any left over, I can then open it up to the people buying the 20 AE hardcovers.

The signed labels are not showing the 2 people who asked to remain secret.

I'll be sure to match up the Cryptofreeze numbered and loaded wallet to the correct number.  

Notice I have the really large NattyMind holo at the bottom left for the upcoming 5oz coin.    That's no moon, it's a space station <-- Star Wars reference

Each Bitcoin Penny doodle will be unique and very different.  I included one example.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 10:37:28 PM

Very nice halo. Good work fella
BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 10:47:05 PM

The collection looks great! Smiley And for future reference, the "Chris" + smiley face autograph is from The Bitcoin Penny Co. Wink

Regards,
Chris

EDIT: Maybe someone who recognizes all the signatures can edit the photo to add labels, as in this quick example. That would surely help me to know which stickers go on which pages. Just a thought.

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 10:50:21 PM

Very nice halo. Good work fella

Thank you my friend. 

bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 10:57:23 PM

The collection looks great! Smiley And for future reference, the "Chris" + smiley face autograph is from The Bitcoin Penny Co. Wink

Regards,
Chris

Thank you. 

My COA which has the names of all the coin makers, uses only your forum name, so fortunately, I didnt make a typo there.  But I'll be honest, and admit I always called the company name without the "The" or the "Co.".  I'll make sure to fix on the official announcement.

BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 11:49:41 PM

My COA which has the names of all the coin makers, uses only your forum name, so fortunately, I didnt make a typo there.  But I'll be honest, and admit I always called the company name without the "The" or the "Co.".  I'll make sure to fix on the official announcement.

I apologize, bithalo. I may have sounded as if I were correcting you or something. I wasn't. (In fact, I call us Bitcoin Penny all the time.) Smiley

What I was meaning to address is the fact that I forgot to write "Bitcoin Penny" under my autograph, and I wanted to post our name beside the autograph so collectors (present and future) will know which autograph is ours. That's all.

Again, great job on the autographs package! We're so thrilled to be a part of it. Smiley

Regards,
Chris

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 12:40:04 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2016, 12:54:21 AM by bithalo

Oh my mistake, Chris.  No worries.

I'll be numbering every signature and holo on the back, so one will be able to know who is who from a list.

If someone wanted to add the names, the order from top to bottom is (sometimes people signed their name, other times, they used their screen name or company name):

Left row:
* Anarcoins (bigtimespaghetti)
* Bitcoin Penny
* Bitpieces (miffman)
* BTCC (Bobby Lee)
* Criptoe (ny2cafuse)
* Cryptocracy (Rmcdermott927)
* FiniteByDesign
* Satori
2nd row from left:
* Cryptofreeze (Bitguy101)
* Cryptogifts (MrWhiteBites)
* CryptoImperator
* Cryptolator
* Cryptonic (cryptonic21)  
* CryptoVest (CoinHoarder)
* Defcoins (defcon23)
* Denarium (Technomage)
2nd row from right:
* bithalo (Howard Kesselman)
* Genesis Coins (wheelz1200)
* Kialara (Max Mellenbruch)
* Lealana (smoothie)
* Luckybit (TheNewAnon135246)
* Microsoul (gravitate)
* mjb Monetary Metals
* Nasty Fans (OgNasty)
* NattyMind (NattyLiteCoin & mindtrip)
Right row:
* Serp
* Shibanu
* Silver Wallets (Blazed)
* Supreme BTC (Xboxthreefixme)
* TGBEX
* TitanBTC
* Z Mint (pawnshop770)
* Elianite

EDIT: Maybe someone who recognizes all the signatures can edit the photo to add labels, as in this quick example. That would surely help me to know which stickers go on which pages. Just a thought.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2016, 12:51:25 AM

Surprised how few attached holograms. I also wish I would have thought to write Silver Wallets under mine!
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 01:00:26 AM

Surprised how few attached holograms. I also wish I would have thought to write Silver Wallets under mine!

The main issue was that most holos are bigger or exactly the same size as the 1 inch width of the label.  It would have made the application of a holo require exact placement of the sticker, or part of the holo would be off the label.

For that reason, I suggested that people use the other larger square label I provided for the larger holos, to be safe.   

coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 04:15:44 AM

Lovin it! Good job! Smiley
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2016, 06:20:49 PM

Guess what?

The book is not only coming out in the format you expect, but also in PREMIUM COLOR for $50 extra. All I can say is that I HIGHLY recommend this upgrade for all AE's. I will be PM'ing all buyers shortly in regards to the upgrade.

I've got five AE's left, by the way.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 06:40:29 PM

To be honest it seems a bit out of order to ask for an extra $50 to people who have ordered early at a relatively high price anyway.

So this means that there may be some people who can afford it and have a AE Premium Edition and some who can't which have a regular AE edition.

The time we have been waiting for this as well should be considered. I guess it's all about making $$$.

Will you be able to offer refunds for pre-orders, if someone asks if they are not happy with this?
elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2016, 06:51:19 PM

To be honest it seems a bit out of order to ask for an extra $50 to people who have ordered early at a relatively high price anyway.

So this means that there may be some people who can afford it and have a AE Premium Edition and some who can't which have a regular AE edition.

The time we have been waiting for this as well should be considered. I guess it's all about making $$$.

Will you be able to offer refunds for pre-orders, if someone asks if they are not happy with this?

I'm essentially offering an extra that I never meant to before. The printing cost of the premium version is much higher. By offering something more to those who want nothing but the best, I am not taking away from anyone.

Those who bought early got an amazing deal, and I am practically losing money on those books since I am paying Howard for the holograms which ended up costing much more than expected as the scope of the project increased. I'm more than happy to refund some early buyers, as the going rate for the last five AE's is now over double the price at which the first five were sold.
That said, I wouldn't recommend anyone to ask for a refund on an AE... but auction it off after I have sold my last five.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 07:33:51 PM

I apologize coin@coin.  I pushed Elianite to offer the better paper to make the pictures pop more.  They were a recent decision long after people ordered, and are costing Elianite much more for that option.

We could just not do the premium paper at all I imagine, but I just wanted to give people that option.

elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2016, 07:55:09 PM

I'm essentially offering an extra that I never meant to before. The printing cost of the premium version is much higher. By offering something more to those who want nothing but the best, I am not taking away from anyone.

Those who bought early got an amazing deal, and I am practically losing money on those books since I am paying Howard for the holograms which ended up costing much more than expected as the scope of the project increased. I'm more than happy to refund some early buyers, as the going rate for the last five AE's is now over double the price at which the first five were sold.
That said, I wouldn't recommend anyone to ask for a refund on an AE... but auction it off after I have sold my last five.

Thanks for agreeing for a refund. I'll go ahead and take it.
Will PM you refund address for 0.8306 BTC I paid at the time.

I've processed the refund; all is well I hope.

On that note, AE #15 is now available, with a 5% 'second hand' discount Grin Cheesy
New price: $950 @ standard color & $1000 @ premium color.
In addition, $50 of this will be forwarded to Howard to be included in his charity donation as per his post.

coin@coin
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 08:12:00 PM

I apologize coin@coin.  I pushed Elianite to offer the better paper to make the pictures pop more.  They were a recent decision long after people ordered, and are costing Elianite much more for that option.

We could just not do the premium paper at all I imagine, but I just wanted to give people that option.

No need to apologize bithalo, all good here. It just hit me all of a sudden how much I was going to spend on this and knowing myself I would have wanted the premium version too.
I'm sure others are just fine with it and would love the premium color option on top of it as well.

I just don't have premium pockets myself and it's not your fault. I should have thought about it better in the first place. Smiley

I've processed the refund; all is well I hope.

All good, thanks for the prompt refund. Smiley
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 06:48:29 AM

Regards,
Chris

It's pretty impressive that out of all of these signatures, I have the shitiest handwriting of them all.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: