Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:59:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lightning miner ! 4ghs 80 usd Wow  (Read 20922 times)
bittenbob

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 06:13:02 PM

No, it's not worth a try.  *Especially* after all the money you have lost...

There is zero chance this is legit.  So many red flags that there is no other possibility.  Amateurish attempts to make it seem legit like bogus unboxing videos that contain references to the "old website" trying to explain away the fact that site was just registered.

Save your money, stay away!

The whole reference to a previous website that none of us have heard of just adds to the suspicion. If any of those testimonials were real then we would have heard about this a long long time ago. Stay away and save your money.

Obvious scam is obvious.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 06:27:34 PM

Hello,
      No, not a scam lol.  Don't worry we got thick skin, you didn't hurt our feelings.  I will go ahead and give you some current information.  Currently any new orders on the lightning miners will ship out around 4-5 days from now, and have a transit time of 2-3 days.  The specs on the ASIC based miners is from our Beta testing on 12 different miners.  We averaged the spec's to get as close to the exact figure as possible.  So even though we post 4GH/s you may get around 3.3 at times.  Temperature has been quite the element in results from the miner too, while we do recommend the fan it is not necessary.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to email us back.

This is an email back from them. asking for more info.

Yes, still got to be careful about possibly being a scam, until other people have seen the actual device.

Phil

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
DontMineMe

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 06:46:55 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2013, 07:00:52 PM by DontMineMe

Well for $75 I guess it could be worth a try. After all the other money I have lost or have invested in waiting for BFL to deliever.

Phil

Don't risk your money like that (and that's saying it nicely). That website smells really really bad. If they were making those that cheap (40GH for $600), then why sell them? They could make a fortune mining. And how wold they expect to pay off any ASIC development costs?

One might then ask the same of BFL, but at least BFL seems to have had an established electronics business before turning to develop mining hardware. And has actual human names associated with the company.

And if your going to waste $75, here's a better idea. Send it to any one of the people on the forum that has a bitcoin address, then PM that person and tell them to send you any ASIC hardware for mining bitcoins that they MIGHT have in their garage. You'll probably have a better chance of getting something.

+1
The wise has spoken! Please listen.

Unless this seller related to Intel or AMD ( like the forgotten second cousin ) they have a better chance to visit  outer space befor producing ASICs Grin
bittenbob

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 06:59:24 PM

Hello,
      No, not a scam lol.  Don't worry we got thick skin, you didn't hurt our feelings.  I will go ahead and give you some current information.  Currently any new orders on the lightning miners will ship out around 4-5 days from now, and have a transit time of 2-3 days.  The specs on the ASIC based miners is from our Beta testing on 12 different miners.  We averaged the spec's to get as close to the exact figure as possible.  So even though we post 4GH/s you may get around 3.3 at times.  Temperature has been quite the element in results from the miner too, while we do recommend the fan it is not necessary.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to email us back.

Yes, still got to be careful about possibly being a scam, until other people have seen the actual device.

Phil

From their mining hardware page - (Production ends March 25, 2013)

They are saying their numbers are based on simulation (ie nothing has been produced yet) then say they are shipping in 4-5 days. Then their website says production wont be done until the 25th of March.

They can't even keep their story straight. My guess is they are hoping to bring in a few grand from unsuspecting bitcoiners. Just say no!
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 07:17:26 PM

I dont think we need to warn anyone.

If anyone fall for this scam, they fully deserve it.

They cant survive life on daily basis, so warning them is useless
bittenbob

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 07:20:18 PM

I have emailed asking to see the working units in 4-5 days. If they are legit then there should be no problem with letting me visit their HQ and see them mining.

If anyone is still thinking of ordering, at least wait until I have verified they are real and working. Until then you can assume it is a scam.
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 07:23:40 PM

I have emailed asking to see the working units in 4-5 days. If they are legit then there should be no problem with letting me visit their HQ and see them mining.

If anyone is still thinking of ordering, at least wait until I have verified they are real and working. Until then you can assume it is a scam.

LOL where is their HQ?

Zedster

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 07:35:23 PM

Ok so fess up. Who bought one?
kernelpanic

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 08:17:46 PM

Hello,

Phil

If you believe the email above, you presumably also believe the numerous glowing "comments" on the website from customers who have received the actual device.  I would say order away, but your seemingly limited ability to detect an obvious scam makes me wonder which side of the ordering process you're on.

For the rest of us, I think it's safe to say no one will ever see the actual device.
Zedster

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 08:35:53 PM

I think we are all just jealous none of us thought of this. 

I was just born late.
Clearfly

Activity: 143

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 09:03:32 PM

Lol Tom's drunk again.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 09:15:07 PM

Hello,

Phil

I sent them an email as well and the response I got was basically the same as above... 4-5days, 12 beta testers etc etc.  I also asked about international CC orders (they're in the USA and I am in Canada) and the email states (paraphrasing here) that their CC processor does not process international CC and that all international orders are handled through MtGox...

Million to one shot this is not a scam.  Curious to see how they respond to BittenBob's request!
bittenbob

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 09:20:21 PM

Hello,

Phil

I sent them an email as well and the response I got was basically the same as above... 4-5days, 12 beta testers etc etc.  I also asked about international CC orders (they're in the USA and I am in Canada) and the email states (paraphrasing here) that their CC processor does not process international CC and that all international orders are handled through MtGox...

Million to one shot this is not a scam.  Curious to see how they respond to BittenBob's request!

There was no response...
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 09:56:27 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2013, 10:19:05 PM by crazyearner

interesting response from pm from one of the team so it seems

Hello,
       If we were able to respond to the thread you all are speaking on, we would. 

The 4.0 doesn't stand for the version of the product.  The 4.0 stands for the 4MH/s
Im sorry that the website looks like "puke" to you, we are working on making the website more elegant.
The production ends Mar 25th is a notice that we will no longer be making the product after the 25th.  Not that production of the product will not begin until that date.
We have already been in communication with several members in the forum who have been in the forum for a long time, about getting them some of our devices so that they can test them, do some recordings and etc.
We are not a big business, nor do we claim to be.  We are new to your community, and we will make every effort to work with you all in any matter pertaining to our business.
We have already sent our Customer Service team an order to edit the specs listed under the miners.
We have for quite a long time been building pc's for our customers, and on occasion mining rigs.  It was our mining customers, who asked us to develop a ASIC based product for mining.
SoC implementation for mining is not all that difficult, most of you given some time and a little tutoring could make your own from home.
We very much welcome any feedback, suggestions, ideas, or questions of any nature.  Like I said, this is your community and we are just arriving here.  Please, before you go forward with making accusations about us, give us the chance to prove ourselves to you.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Multiverse Computers
Support

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
filharvey

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 10:04:04 PM

I've actually decided to take the leap of faith and order one. Speaking to their Customer Service says that the device will be with me within 5-8 days. So hopefully later this week I can give a few photos, and review of the device working.

If I don't receive it we will know that things are not good.

Also as mentioned above, they have also mentioned the beta testing of the Mammoth Device to me and I'm hoping that they will include me in the beta testing as well.

Phil

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 10:06:43 PM

Can anyone that received a response by email post the originating ip?

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 10:12:44 PM

I've actually decided to take the leap of faith and order one. Speaking to their Customer Service says that the device will be with me within 5-8 days. So hopefully later this week I can give a few photos, and review of the device working.

If I don't receive it we will know that things are not good.

Also as mentioned above, they have also mentioned the beta testing of the Mammoth Device to me and I'm hoping that they will include me in the beta testing as well.

Phil

you went and actually ordered well I wish you the best of luck in getting the product from them if you get the device then am sure if this is legit and then you etc then will hold more value to it. The other question is that their stopping product on them the million $ question is why if their a new company providing new hardware one would only continue to make products.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 10:14:27 PM

Lol Tom's drunk again.

THATS funny!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
filharvey

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 10:20:14 PM

you went and actually ordered well I wish you the best of luck in getting the product from them if you get the device then am sure if this is legit and then you etc then will hold more value to it. The other question is that their stopping product on them the million $ question is why if their a new company providing new hardware one would only continue to make products.

Yep, I thought I would take the risk, it is only $75 and not big in the scale of things. So by next week (week starting the 11th) we will know if they are the real deal or not.

Phil

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
RoboCoder

Activity: 388

Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2013, 10:29:24 PM

I will bet he is not the only one who will give it a shot at $75.  Hope springs eternal!

However - a good scam will probably do it just like this - a low enough price with a big juicy carrot - will catch a few people no doubt.  And personally i DO agree that $75 might be worth a risk although i think the odds are low that this is valid.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: