Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:00:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] G.ASICMINER-PT  (Read 74612 times)
lan787

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 05:39:11 PM

If DeaDTerra has the direct shares, then he can make a signed request to FC asking FC to transfer ownership of his (DeaDTerra's) shares to each of us (at our bitfunder public addresses).

So, why did DeaDTerra say to ask Ukyo?

DeaDTerra does not take any fees for this PT operation. I believe he "outsourced" that part of his job to Ukyo.

Will the amount of shares needed for a transfer out of the PT remain at min. 250?

This was no longer the case as of a month ago.

If you do not like my service and the PT I provide, then I advice you to switch Smiley
If anyone feels that they don't want to be part of this anymore then I am more then happy to provide you with a free transfer out of the PT, regardless of share number.
//DeaDTerra

If a high limit for transfers was to be reintroduced now, it would be a big step backwards by the new operator, so I trust he won't do this...? Smiley

I considered his offer a one-time-only deal. But I may have misread this.
It was meant to be a one time thing Smiley
As for how Ukyo decides to do it, I do now know.
//DeaDTerra

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 05:57:53 PM

If DeaDTerra has the direct shares, then he can make a signed request to FC asking FC to transfer ownership of his (DeaDTerra's) shares to each of us (at our bitfunder public addresses).

So, why did DeaDTerra say to ask Ukyo?

DeaDTerra does not take any fees for this PT operation. I believe he "outsourced" that part of his job to Ukyo.

Will the amount of shares needed for a transfer out of the PT remain at min. 250?

This was no longer the case as of a month ago.

If you do not like my service and the PT I provide, then I advice you to switch Smiley
If anyone feels that they don't want to be part of this anymore then I am more then happy to provide you with a free transfer out of the PT, regardless of share number.
//DeaDTerra

If a high limit for transfers was to be reintroduced now, it would be a big step backwards by the new operator, so I trust he won't do this...? Smiley

I considered his offer a one-time-only deal. But I may have misread this.
It was meant to be a one time thing Smiley
As for how Ukyo decides to do it, I do now know.
//DeaDTerra

DT has absolutely no power in this PT anymore.
lan787

Activity: 106

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 05:59:31 PM

oh my... Since when?
puck2

Activity: 234
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 06:34:19 PM

DT has absolutely no power in this PT anymore.

Let's play a thought experiment. What if Ukyo is MIA? What well PT shareholders recourse be? What course of action can we take to convert or shares to direct?
donut

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:35:45 PM

Let's play a thought experiment. What if Ukyo is MIA? What well PT shareholders recourse be? What course of action can we take to convert or shares to direct?

We use this: https://bitfunder.com/assetlist
puck2

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 09:16:37 PM

Right, but how? Can the asset list be partially used to convert individual blocks of  PT shares to direct shares? Can the list be used to convert only G.ASICMINER-PT to direct shares while leaving other assets at Bitfunder? What would be the mechanisms/processes in each of these scenarios?
pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 09:23:28 PM

Right, but how? Can the asset list be partially used to convert individual blocks of  PT shares to direct shares? Can the list be used to convert only G.ASICMINER-PT to direct shares while leaving other assets at Bitfunder? What would be the mechanisms/processes in each of these scenarios?
FriedCat would have to use the assetlist to transfer the G.ASICMINER-PT shares into direct shares.
bitmoon

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 08:40:15 AM

feels like everybody wants to leave bitfunder, including non US. due to weexchange ID requirements.

then wouldnt ukyo loose customers?

if ukyo has the backing direct shares for your AM-pt, then i dont think friedcat will pull the direct shares from ukyo without authorization from ukyo per customer request.

if friedcat acted on asset list alone, then it would be fried cats loss, becuase ukyo still has the direct shares which backs the pt shares.

btw, if ukyo accept your request, i bet very few to none will be left staying on am-pt, it will be ghost, less liquitidy.
pascal257

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 08:55:58 AM

btw, if ukyo accept your request, i bet very few to none will be left staying on am-pt, it will be ghost, less liquitidy.
I don't think so. Folks are just selling right now because they're afraid the PT can't be transferred to direct shares. If Ukyo goes ahead and clears the situation I am sure the price will stabelize. On BTCT you could get direct shares without a problem, but it was still traded on the exchange because thats way more convenient.
gotpetum

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 10:51:50 AM

if friedcat acted on asset list alone, then it would be fried cats loss, becuase ukyo still has the direct shares which backs the pt shares.

No, FC would transfer the shares from Ukyo to the asset list holders...

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." ― David M. Friedman
pascal257

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 11:52:09 AM

Indeed, if Ukyo does not react within a reasonable amount of time, I'm sure FC would be able to handle the situation. It's in his interest to solve the problem.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 12:23:15 PM

No, as in Ukyo has X direct shares backing the PT but the asset list adds up to X+1 shares.
thejestre

Activity: 76

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:26:00 PM

I need to transfer my shares out of this PT and into direct shares.  Please tell me how.

Thank you,

_theJestre
I sent a signed PM about this, still no response.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:46:51 PM

I need to transfer my shares out of this PT and into direct shares.  Please tell me how.

Thank you,

_theJestre
I sent a signed PM about this, still no response.

G.ASIC would need to be frozen for Friedcat to perform such a task. Even then, it would be theft, as these are Ukyo's shares, not yours or FC's.

Even then, some people have likely chosen wallet addresses they can't sign, bringing more problems.

If you have more than 250 shares, and you want to export to direct, simply contact Ukyo every few days ... and wait. He has no right to deny exports from people meeting the requirements in the asset description.

Everyone else must either hold, or sell.
puck2

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 05:45:19 PM

G.ASIC would need to be frozen for Friedcat to perform such a task. Even then, it would be theft, as these are Ukyo's shares, not yours or FC's.

Even then, some people have likely chosen wallet addresses they can't sign, bringing more problems.

If you have more than 250 shares, and you want to export to direct, simply contact Ukyo every few days ... and wait. He has no right to deny exports from people meeting the requirements in the asset description.

Everyone else must either hold, or sell.

Another choice... Liquidate and wait for share price to justify re-entering shares in other location (PT or direct)... Such is the beauty of Bitcoin, as it shows the liquidity of the asset itself while highlighting the lack thereof when dealing with individuals and gov'ts.

SEC, Bitfunder, Ukyo, friedcat, etc... Fuggedaboutit... nothing beats cold hard bitcoins.
gotpetum

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 06:04:20 PM

No, as in Ukyo has X direct shares backing the PT but the asset list adds up to X+1 shares.
Yes, Ukyo would then be motivated to release the shares so the number of his direct shares equals the number of shares in his PT.

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations." ― David M. Friedman
gotpetum

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 06:06:26 PM

Another choice... Liquidate and wait for share price to justify re-entering shares in other location (PT or direct)... Such is the beauty of Bitcoin, as it shows the liquidity of the asset itself while highlighting the lack thereof when dealing with individuals and gov'ts.

Liquidation could be an option if Ukyo didn't stop bids on bitfunder...

gotpetum

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 06:19:36 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2013, 06:29:40 PM by gotpetum

Oh, I don't like to assign such charged words to actions :-) FC would merely be updating records in a database he owns, with the goodwill intention of mitigating the effect of Ukyo being MIA and unable to manage the PT himself.

pascal257

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 07:34:57 PM

We could group up to hit the 250 shares mark to transfer the shares for example to Havelock.
gotpetum

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 07:38:58 PM

We could group up to hit the 250 shares mark to transfer the shares for example to Havelock.

Yes, I like that idea. Are you sure transfers haven't been (or won't be) disabled too?!

I recall (with uncertainty) that people with >= 250 shares have also had trouble withdrawing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: