Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:45:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PrimeAsic - 80 Ghash/sec Asic Miner [SCAM]  (Read 67012 times)
freifallspoiler

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 11:48:26 AM

I don't say you won't definitely be able to have your chargeback: but CC or paypal are NOT a 100% guarantee.
They are not? Sounds a bit alike when I check the PayPal chargeback rules. What problems could occur? When the seller already cashed out it is more PayPal's problem than mine, isn't it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 11:49:42 AM

I don't say you won't definitely be able to have your chargeback: but CC or paypal are NOT a 100% guarantee.
They are not? Sounds a bit alike when I check the PayPal chargeback rules. What problems could occur? When the seller already cashed out it is more PayPal's problem than mine, isn't it?

In theory, yes. In practice, you may have to wait up to 6 months before you get a refund. Or they can say you don't have enough proofs about you being scammed.

freifallspoiler

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 11:53:44 AM

Sure it is not risk free. But I think together with that payment method the risk is reduced enough.

And then: There has to be one idiot who is the first to risk paying. May I change my member status to "greedy nervous f**ker" now?  Grin
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:04:06 PM

I got an email reply today for of my email enquiring about how to place and order. It stated this Monday we will be able to order on the webpage. They also stated that they have 500 units presently and that they are a little bit overwhelmed by the interest. I will try to get for the details if I can view the product prior to purchasing it.

Please be careful. They changed the registration of the website: at the beginning was some "Edi" company that didn't know what an ASIC or BTC is. Then they changed it to HRP Hungary (hrp.hu), which I contacted and told me they have nothing to do with ASIC or BTC.

Some other people went to the addresses they have on the website, having the same "i don't know what you are talking about" answers from people there.

Last but not least, nobody had the chance to contact them at the brand new phone number they have created for this.

Don't get me wrong: I would love this to be real, I will be in Budapest next week and I would really love to buy some of the units myself. But there are red flags everywhere. The only non-red flag is this new picture, which is something than ca be very easily faked.

I would recommend ordering NOTHING until a few trusted members can see the working units with their eyes. It shouldn't be difficult, as I'm going to be there next week, we have some hungarian fellows reading the forum, and some others are at drive distance and waiting for a "local pickup address" to check this is not a scam.

vdragon and others have made himself available as well.

I am more excited to see EU get a foot in the door and have working ASIC solutions rather then getting one of the units for personal use.

I have already made the request to view the hardware prior to paying.

Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:09:53 PM

Sure it is not risk free. But I think together with that payment method the risk is reduced enough.

And then: There has to be one idiot who is the first to risk paying. May I change my member status to "greedy nervous f**ker" now?  Grin

This is the email I got.

Date: Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Subject: Re: PrimeAsic Unit
To: Sitarow

Hi!
Order form will be available later today, until then you can submit your address in e-mail and I will enter it manually.
Shipment and local pickup starts Monday.
We have 500 units in stock, but the requests are overwhelming. They will be handled first come first served.
The payment address for your order is: 1CiAF2Ppu7pxeQJhPCZuyxLSEWd8kdV7XA
Amount: 1249 Euros (37.10BTC)
Thanks for your request!
freifallspoiler

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:12:36 PM

you are going to pick up your device, or why does primeasic not charge any shipping costs?
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:14:24 PM

http://blockchain.info/block-index/355067/000000000000009b0d66383e11289de546b518496366206bc2ba118870846494

That is a solved block Block #224672

I paid 0.01 thus far you can find it in the list ctrl+f and paste 1CiAF2Ppu7pxeQJhPCZuyxLSEWd8kdV7XA in it.

I have requested the ability to validate the product prior to paying in full.

http://blockexplorer.com/address/1CiAF2Ppu7pxeQJhPCZuyxLSEWd8kdV7XA
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:19:16 PM

I guess these guys are just trying to get as many orders as possible before we discover on Monday that no ASIC existe in Hungary. Came'on guys. We all like to gamble, but let's don't make it too easy for scammers. Red flags everywhere, 0.001% possibilities this is for real, but anyhow I'm sure they will cash orders during today/tomorrow/the weekend because some people are too anxiously greedy to think clearly.

kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:20:10 PM

And then: There has to be one idiot who is the first to risk paying. May I change my member status to "greedy nervous f**ker" now?  Grin

This is the email I got.

Date: Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Subject: Re: PrimeAsic Unit
To: Sitarow

Hi!
Order form will be available later today, until then you can submit your address in e-mail and I will enter it manually.
Shipment and local pickup starts Monday.
We have 500 units in stock, but the requests are overwhelming. They will be handled first come first served.
The payment address for your order is: 1CiAF2Ppu7pxeQJhPCZuyxLSEWd8kdV7XA
Amount: 1249 Euros (37.10BTC)
Thanks for your request!

Yeah, do not send any money before you see it working personally. I was there with 1k btc and couldn't find the guy or anything about it. So know what to expect.

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:21:05 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2013, 12:32:18 PM by loshia

I guess these guys are just trying to get as many orders as possible before we discover on Monday that no ASIC existe in Hungary. Came'on guys. We all like to gamble, but let's don't make it too easy for scammers. Red flags everywhere, 0.001% possibilities this is for real, but anyhow I'm sure they will cash orders during today/tomorrow/the weekend because some people are too anxiously greedy to think clearly.
+1
Think first act next:)
It is not the end of the world anyway:)
We will soon find out. If they are real i will go for it also but i am not doing it blindly just to be first on the list. A couple of days making a profit of 150-200 Euros does not worth it for me
Something is not making sense
Amusing this is AVALON with 4 PCBs populated and they got about 30-40% discount price seems a bit low for me to attractive to be true. They need case PSU > 850W and so on and so on.
Making only about 10% 100 Euro profit per unit seems just not real for the investment and the risk taken

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:38:14 PM

you are going to pick up your device, or why does primeasic not charge any shipping costs?

The idea is to view a working product prior to paying for it.

Once its validated then I will pay full for 1 unit.

And yes I wish to pick it up rather then have it shipped.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:40:03 PM

The idea is opposite - In order to have privilege  to pick it up you have to pay it first Wink Or they may have some avalons for sale and when big money come because not everyone will be able to pick it up locally just to disappear:) I think that Avalon team has to bring light here if they are real or not simple as that and how many units did they have for real

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
Beepbop

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:42:20 PM

If you have a good alternator, a battery, and inverter in your car, maybe you could mine on the drive home? For those who are driving all the way from Germany or further to pick it up, maybe that could be feasible?
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:45:11 PM

The idea is opposite - In order to have privilege  to pick it up you have to pay it first Wink

If "Real" I can understand their hesitation. Therefore I have provided further details in order to safe guard them.

However when dealing with any fly by night business the policy should be pay in person in cash or (BTC).
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:47:00 PM

The idea is opposite - In order to have privilege  to pick it up you have to pay it first Wink

If "Real" I can understand their hesitation. Therefore I have provided further details in order to safe guard them.

However when dealing with any fly by night business the policy should be pay in person in cash or (BTC).

I am buying one of these if/when Avalon officially state that they are real no other way for me:) No forum posts no happy customers no videos
The right way to go is Avalon to name them as their EU distributor officially

Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:52:10 PM

If you have a good alternator, a battery, and inverter in your car, maybe you could mine on the drive home? For those who are driving all the way from Germany or further to pick it up, maybe that could be feasible?

800 watts is risky but possible.

What I would like more details on is the software the used to get that thing working?

More details would be great.

However if this is fake then they are playing on two of the best used human conditions known to a swindler.

Greed, Fear
Beepbop

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:54:33 PM

It needs a host computer, it says, so a laptop should be fine, but I think the main problem would be connectivity, namely roaming charges.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 01:13:06 PM

It needs a host computer, it says, so a laptop should be fine, but I think the main problem would be connectivity, namely roaming charges.
If this is for real i can offer you OpenWRT host tplink + usb+8M Flash+64M of moded ram+latest cgminer amusing it is avalon. PM me if somone is interested. Note EU only. Host computer will consume 5W max:)

Bitsinmyhead

Activity: 465
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 01:25:24 PM

Anyone trustworthy who is going in person and want to make some extra BTC, please PM me and we could discuss a deal.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 01:39:32 PM

So he has 500 in stock but will only start selling Monday.
Reality check guys, if he is not mining on them, he is missing out on ~$200,000 per day.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: