Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:38:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it illegal for someone to hack my BTC wallet?  (Read 15196 times)
Sandeep24

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:36:36 AM

It is illigal and several countries are already making strict law against cyber fraud.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:56:50 AM

I'm not clear on this one point.  If somebody got a hold of my private key and moved funds from an address that I claimed on the ledger, is that against the law?  At what point could that be considered a crime?  For example, if they hacked into my machine and stolen the private key; if they sniped the pk while snooping on a public access connection; brute forced the pk into existence; or just plane snapped a shot of my qr code over my shoulder....ect  In which of those examples could I pursue prosecution for the theft of my coin? 
Obviously yes! Apparently, hacking is a sin! It is just like you stole something that's not yours! It's a criminal things-taking something that is not yours without her/him approval that's hell!
Lol of course it's illegal, whatever the purpose of theft is prohibited and that is included in the criminal, theft proven to be given legal sanctions in court and perhaps prisons will be waiting for them, including bitcoin theft, if you have strong evidence who stole your money in crypto, you can report it to the police mate
Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:00:44 PM

The answer here depends on your country. Actually as per the general preposition a wallet is property of the person who holds the private key. There is nothing that once you create a wallet you have got your name on it. So if anyone has your private key you will first have to prove that you originally owned the wallet. Now here the problem is that most of the countries don't even have any law about bitcoin and crypto so there loss is not even considered as a theft or anything. So I think you have no protection from law even if some one hacks into your wallet.
Its not considerable yet having a private keys either you the true owner or the thief. Proving ownership would still create lots of problems where it cant be easily known whose the one is telling the truth and the fact that theres no hacker or thief would show off his face rather than they would remain untraceable and anonymous on making such illegal thing and since cryptocurrencies arent still considered to be an legal tender then theres no way on demanding such protection been asked.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
YED

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:35:04 PM

I hadn't heard about that happening. Does anyone have a list of which countries BitCoin has been officially declared a currency?

Tigorss

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:30:30 PM

Hacking someone else's electronic wallet is definitely illegal, but you can not report it to the authorities because from the beginning the legal protection of the consumer does not exist, you must know this risk before you decide to invest your money in it.
in other words it can be called legal if we do not know this crime to whom we should report it is the consequence we must take if we use the currency of the crypto that is hacking our wallets that we can not report to anyone including our own government.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:36:25 PM

Theft is theft and there is two way about it, and theft is a criminal act which is against the law of every society except if it is not a crime in your own society. If any of your situation you mention above happen, you can approach any court of law.
MiF

Activity: 1358
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:45:52 PM

Theft is theft and there is two way about it, and theft is a criminal act which is against the law of every society except if it is not a crime in your own society. If any of your situation you mention above happen, you can approach any court of law.

Committing such crime isn't tolerable by law so we should consider it as illegal, and no lawbreakers will be subjected to legalities. Hacking is a form of terrorism which was not acceptable to society and certainly it will cause property loss or even your personal property of your own database was counterfeited.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

lycipher
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:45:10 PM

I'm not clear on this one point.  If somebody got a hold of my private key and moved funds from an address that I claimed on the ledger, is that against the law?  At what point could that be considered a crime?  For example, if they hacked into my machine and stolen the private key; if they sniped the pk while snooping on a public access connection; brute forced the pk into existence; or just plane snapped a shot of my qr code over my shoulder....ect  In which of those examples could I pursue prosecution for the theft of my coin?  

Nice question. If it happened without your consent it is illegal by default. However, finding and prosecuting this person wouldn't be easy.
passeroutpass

Activity: 438
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:47:48 PM

Any of these actions can be considered theft, but no one will investigate and look for the perpetrators, because such scams are very difficult to track.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 02:02:12 AM

Any of these actions can be considered theft, but no one will investigate and look for the perpetrators, because such scams are very difficult to track.
Anything that smells of fraud is illegal thing, but if it happens in crypto it will be difficult to do tracking, moreover there is no legal legal law for crypto, of course the police will not be able to do anything to investigate and help you, thats why many people say that you are responsible for your money in crypto
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:28:26 AM

I'm not clear on this one point.  If somebody got a hold of my private key and moved funds from an address that I claimed on the ledger, is that against the law?  At what point could that be considered a crime?  For example, if they hacked into my machine and stolen the private key; if they sniped the pk while snooping on a public access connection; brute forced the pk into existence; or just plane snapped a shot of my qr code over my shoulder....ect  In which of those examples could I pursue prosecution for the theft of my coin?  

By law, stealing is a crime and hacking is stealing in which you take someone properties which is not yours then of course it is illegal but maybe if Bitcoin or the Crypto currency is declared illegal in the country then hacking crypto currencies assets will be ignored as a crime in that certain government because of the illegal status. Therefore hacking crypto as a crime will depend of the legality status of your government.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:53:14 AM

I'm not clear on this one point.  If somebody got a hold of my private key and moved funds from an address that I claimed on the ledger, is that against the law?  At what point could that be considered a crime?  For example, if they hacked into my machine and stolen the private key; if they sniped the pk while snooping on a public access connection; brute forced the pk into existence; or just plane snapped a shot of my qr code over my shoulder....ect  In which of those examples could I pursue prosecution for the theft of my coin? 
Obviously yes! Apparently, hacking is a sin! It is just like you stole something that's not yours! It's a criminal things-taking something that is not yours without her/him approval that's hell!
It's funny how people ask about this, even though bitcoin is still illegal but if someone takes or steals money in your bitcoin wallet it's certainly a crime and illegal, if you have strong evidence you can report to the police, we know which is right and which the wrong one, why are you still asking
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to: