Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:22:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MASTER'S SCAMMER LIST  (Read 7658 times)
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 06:30:59 AM

Does anyone else see the irony of this thread being started by sublime? I am not an educated psychologist, but it seems to me that sublime and dank suffer from the same mental condition. It would take a great deal to convince me that they aren't the same person.  As such, I would advise against investing in whatever scheme he's trying failing to establish a rep to set the stage for.

No the best part about this whole thing is

father of eric North husband to Amber North 

He has a wife and son and he acts like a mental patient. All he does is go around contradicting himself, if you want a great laugh read the splitting of reserve funds for the forum, been here 3 seconds and he asked to hold funds for the forum, yet he is against everyone else, and then said he didn't say ask to hold 500BTCs of the funds. If this dude turned out to be the next atlas I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 07:14:45 AM

qweedo read the fucking thread before you post. I am the only fucking person on the thread who isn't trying to suck off theymos to get the donated coins.
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 07:16:44 AM

BITMOFO :https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=28926

Scam here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108832
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149130.0

Scammed 1.0 BTC
https://blockchain.info/tx/f06d765710b3c916a9b7f57718b52fdc7e6135d421a9a521d72b45bb90a0b560
Should have returned it to: 1AkJsm52muHNadJ1hMM9j32E92aH2GHMYr

Does not return Emails or the money, several others have been scammed too.
If he had been added to the list after last time, then his scam would not have suceeded

Following his bitcoin chain he uses other accounts as players to send himself money and in some cases sends funds back to non-players, as if they were involved.

Thanks I will review it and post it.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2013, 07:18:53 AM

qweedo read the fucking thread before you post. I am the only fucking person on the thread who isn't trying to suck off theymos to get the donated coins.

Dealing with scammer cases ain't as easy as you'd think eh?

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
poly

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 07:19:39 AM

I am not in control of it. The community makes and verifies the claims.

Then take tradefortress off the list.
This +1.
This +2.  TF is not a scammer at all.
This +3.

Nobody is going to take anything you say seriously - because you are not serious. There's nothing wrong with scammer lists, but this particular implementation is hilariously sad. Especially with this:

Scam here: lost money gambling here:

Scammed Lost 1.0 BTC
https://blockchain.info/tx/f06d765710b3c916a9b7f57718b52fdc7e6135d421a9a521d72b45bb90a0b560

If he had been added to the list after last time, then his scam would not have suceeded

Following his bitcoin chain he uses other accounts as players to send himself money and in some cases sends funds back to non-players, as if they were involved.

poly | My Tip Jar
steamboat

Activity: 648
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 07:50:37 AM

This +1.
This +3.

Nobody is going to take anything you say seriously - because you are not serious. There's nothing wrong with scammer lists, but this particular implementation is hilariously sad. Especially with this:

Scammed Lost 1.0 BTC

I think this is my favorite so far:
This IS a good old boys club. This "contract" has ZERO force of law. Legally they could all just walk away with the forum donations. Just because you want to handle it in the community doesn't mean you should write a contract with no teeth and eliminate your OPTION for legal action. Also they get paid monthly fees, WTF is that? Plenty of people are willing to do it without charge. This looks to me like a jerking of the circular variety.

+1 really I think that theymos and the rest need to be added to the pending scammer list. I think I might put a poll about this and see how others feel.

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 07:52:57 AM

This IS a good old boys club. This "contract" has ZERO force of law. Legally they could all just walk away with the forum donations. Just because you want to handle it in the community doesn't mean you should write a contract with no teeth and eliminate your OPTION for legal action. Also they get paid monthly fees, WTF is that? Plenty of people are willing to do it without charge. This looks to me like a jerking of the circular variety.

+1 really I think that theymos and the rest need to be added to the pending scammer list. I think I might put a poll about this and see how others feel.

No that whole thread is full of win with him LMAO
poly

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 07:53:12 AM

This +1.
This +3.

Scammed Lost 1.0 BTC

Hehe, I don't know why anyone pays attention to this now.

You donated to the forum. Donate. You're not a shareholder, you're not getting your coins back.

poly | My Tip Jar
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 07:56:26 AM

I'm starting to think OP would be Micon's best friend. This list is useless as the only valid entries are copied out from Tomatocage's list, and the additional entries are a piece of joke.

sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:50:46 PM

I am not a crook, and I see a bunch of crooks. If the forums did something about it I wouldn't have too
They are falling down on their duties to the community while passing out the funds to be used for the improvement of the forum among themselves

I am building a mining rig right now so i dont have a ton of time. I have to finish it tomorrow. When I get more time I will update the scammer list.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 12:57:30 PM

I'm starting to think OP would be Micon's best friend. This list is useless as the only valid entries are copied out from Tomatocage's list, and the additional entries are a piece of joke.

Best  post of this thread.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
MoneypakTrader.com

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 02:07:22 PM

The best way to get your case reviewed quickly... Post a poll with all relevant information and links, after 48 hours if the poll is 60 percent or more in favor of marking scam the person or institution in question will be added to the pending scammer list. If the scam is time based you can message me if I have time I will review it as quick as possible.

This a list of all known scammer pages on Bitcoin Forums this list also includes all known pending cases
If you are approached to a transaction check here first
If you know of a scam and can prove it post all information and it will be reviewed.
I can only imagine a few scenarios where people would be opposed to these goals:
Personal bias -
   As with TF case, many people are biased against me because of my ultra cheap MP's and/or otherwise biased for TF and willing to overlook the 27 BTC he conned from me. Personal attacks using off-topic material show the personal biases in this thread pretty clearly.
Pro-Scammer -
   Being against scammer detection and identification seems to qualify as pro-scammer.

Otherwise, can't see a legitimate reason to oppose the work being done here. There are scammers freely using the forums here to steal BTC and OP is trying to hold them accountable. People like to respond with personal attacks instead of weighing the facts of the case/thread in a fair manner.
Maybe people want the scammers to continue stealing from people here. . .

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 02:44:40 PM

sublime, you may want to revisit your list periodically as sometimes people who are listed there can make meaningful contributions, successful trades, or timely loan paybacks, thereby proving themselves.  That reminds me that I need to go through my lists again and do some spring cleaning Smiley

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 03:16:21 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2013, 03:30:48 PM by John (johnthedong)

The best way to get your case reviewed quickly... Post a poll with all relevant information and links, after 48 hours if the poll is 60 percent or more in favor of marking scam the person or institution in question will be added to the pending scammer list. If the scam is time based you can message me if I have time I will review it as quick as possible.

This a list of all known scammer pages on Bitcoin Forums this list also includes all known pending cases
If you are approached to a transaction check here first
If you know of a scam and can prove it post all information and it will be reviewed.
I can only imagine a few scenarios where people would be opposed to these goals:
Personal bias -
   As with TF case, many people are biased against me because of my ultra cheap MP's and/or otherwise biased for TF and willing to overlook the 27 BTC he conned from me. Personal attacks using off-topic material show the personal biases in this thread pretty clearly.
Pro-Scammer -
   Being against scammer detection and identification seems to qualify as pro-scammer.

Otherwise, can't see a legitimate reason to oppose the work being done here. There are scammers freely using the forums here to steal BTC and OP is trying to hold them accountable. People like to respond with personal attacks instead of weighing the facts of the case/thread in a fair manner.
Maybe people want the scammers to continue stealing from people here. . .

The work itself to identify and call out scammers is a noble one, and one that we dearly need here. I have been personally involved in the scammer tagging of most scamming users lately as theymos does not have the extra time to evaluate most requests, and I've found that job to be tedious and time-consuming.

There are two types of (potential) scammers present in this forum:

1) Clear-cut scammers who make new accounts solely for the purpose of scamming, and abandons them after being called out.  

2) Contractual scammers who violate a predefined contract set out.

In MPT and TF's case, it is clear that the case belongs to the 2) realm. However, to make it clear and unbiased, both parties have to be under scrutiny, which is not in this case where only TF's name is in the 'list'. There is no knowing of which party broke the contract before careful arbitration and analysis. Using anything like polls would be utterly ineffective and even beneficial to a potential scammer - anyone can create sockpuppets easily and vote using that. In fact, a simple analysis of the recent posters in the newbie subforum would show that fact easily. There's a cartload of old 1-post accounts being resurrected and spammed to meet the minimum amount of posts needed to elevate their permissions, just to get a stab at the Ripple giveaway.

That is why I assume this thread to be a piece of joke, at least for the moment where inefficient methods are used to evaluate the 'scammishness' of a person, and the similarity of the list to one that is stickied. I won't mention the obvious agendas that OP is trying to push here, of course.

Edit: Corrected erroneous mistakes and sentence endings.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 05:08:23 AM

PS: Another example of 2) would be the recent Coinabul case. The line between 'scamming' and 'bad customer service/business ethics' is too fine, and it would be prudent to let the case unfold first before labelling them.
MoneypakTrader.com

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 01:50:56 PM

I see your point and can understand not stickying it.
However, sublime is investigating the supposed type 2 cases which are otherwise excluded for scrutiny and this seems legitimate and commendable.
In my case, I disagree with you.
The agreement with TF had me pay the enitire cost of programming up front and leaves only recovery of what I've paid.
AFAIK there are no allegations of scam against me other than trying to recover my payment to TF.
I have no financial need to recover the 27 BTC TF scammed me for and I am willing to donate it to an acceptable charity.
This seems to all but remove any scam attempt by me (unless I'm really dedicated to funding some charity).
The reason I am pursuing TF is because I believe in a marketplace where people should be able to buy services without going through what I went through. TF is only going to continue representing himself as a competent programmer and WILL scam again for the fourth (or more) time using the same hook unless he is tagged. His actions in failing to start arbitration at judge.me as he said (and instead flaming me to judge.me) prove that he is not interested in resolving my complaint against him in a fair manner (when he refused even a partial refund, this became clear).

I am a highly trusted party in many circles who is constantly surprised by the degree of unscrupulous activity when money is involved. In this case, TF knew how expensive good programming skills are worth and represents himself as able to provide those services. This is blatant scamming of the type 1 variety IMHO that is masked as type 2 scamming.

side-note - are there any competent programmers who can be trusted with thousands of bitcoins? I have several projects I need to work on and

sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:14:03 PM

No that whole thread is full of win with him LMAO

This is my favorite "Win" from me QWEEDO=DICK. Qweedo sucks.
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:59:04 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88315.00 unkn0wn12 (Scammer*)                                # REAL NAME ALEXSANDER SNIGUROWICZ

EDIT The real name of unkn0wn12 has been added. I guess he is kn0wn12 now. Thanks blazer
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:18:05 PM

"In MPT and TF's case, it is clear that the case belongs to the 2) realm. However, to make it clear and unbiased, both parties have to be under scrutiny, which is not in this case where only TF's name is in the 'list'. "

The burden of proof lies with the person who is providing the goods or services. MPT has been on the scammer list in the past and has been removed, because he proved to be trust worthy.

TF is the one who has the ability to quickly and easily resolve this issue and has chosen to pretend that he is beyond reproach. 
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 04:26:09 PM

"In MPT and TF's case, it is clear that the case belongs to the 2) realm. However, to make it clear and unbiased, both parties have to be under scrutiny, which is not in this case where only TF's name is in the 'list'. "

The burden of proof lies with the person who is providing the goods or services. MPT has been on the scammer list in the past and has been removed, because he proved to be trust worthy.

TF is the one who has the ability to quickly and easily resolve this issue and has chosen to pretend that he is beyond reproach. 

Burden of proof is on the accuser.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: