Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:01:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will hit $50 this month.  (Read 7705 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 10:05:12 AM

If you told anyone a few months ago that Bitcoin will be $40, they'd be surprised. Bitcoin will easily hit $50 this month at the very least.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 10:48:15 AM

Seconded  Smiley

I don't really see how it can go down - Bitcoin seems to have evolved and many of the problems such as hackers taking off with very large chunks of BTC from exchanges and crashing prices seem to be a thing of the past ...
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 11:23:05 AM

Seconded  Smiley

I don't really see how it can go down - Bitcoin seems to have evolved and many of the problems such as hackers taking off with very large chunks of BTC from exchanges and crashing prices seem to be a thing of the past ...

Have you been with us in 2011?

I can imagine it going down. Huge bad news, continuous bad press follwing, add some panic and voila.

I don't think it's time yet, though. maybe when we reached $225 or $450.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Endgame

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 11:25:03 AM

Seconded  Smiley

I agree with the $50 prediction. As for the hacking of exchanges, unfortunately as the price of bitcoin increases, so does the incentive to hack exchanges. So I think we are actually more likely to see exchange hacks/thefts/inside jobs in the coming weeks.
oakpacific

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 11:29:43 AM

Seconded  Smiley

I agree with the $50 prediction. As for the hacking of exchanges, unfortunately as the price of bitcoin increases, so does the incentive to hack exchanges. So I think we are actually more likely to see exchange hacks/thefts/inside jobs in the coming weeks.

If you think about it, bitcoin itself is ridiculously simple to secure, though tedious.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 11:46:54 AM

Seconded  Smiley

If you think about it, bitcoin itself is ridiculously simple to secure, though tedious.

These are good points. I just hope the key players have taken the necessary precautions.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 11:56:11 AM

Most big players are not holding much in hot wallets, so this part is secure. What worries me is cold storage. Afterall, it is a piece of paper. All it takes is one quick smartphone snapshot of the paper and boom, all gone. And when a big company and multiple physical locations are involved, too many people can have a brief opportunity.

So split key systems are a total must. I only heard about split-keys from coinlab so far.

i am satoshi
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 12:10:42 PM

I don't think it's time yet, though. maybe when we reached $225 or $450.

Grin Grin Grin

BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 12:15:22 PM

Seconded  Smiley

You can also assume as the price goes up so does the incentive to protect your bitcoins.

josiahgarber

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 12:21:00 PM

If you told anyone a few months ago that Bitcoin will be $40, they'd be surprised. Bitcoin will easily hit $50 this month at the very least.

I think it is hard to predict what will happen.  Bitcoin seems to me to be a boom or bust type investment.  Take the market cap of Apple and divide it by 21 million.  Kind of puts things in perspective.
oakpacific

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 12:47:42 PM

Most big players are not holding much in hot wallets, so this part is secure. What worries me is cold storage. Afterall, it is a piece of paper. All it takes is one quick smartphone snapshot of the paper and boom, all gone. And when a big company and multiple physical locations are involved, too many people can have a brief opportunity.

So split key systems are a total must. I only heard about split-keys from coinlab so far.

Nothing too difficult, you just tear the paper in half, and put it in two secure storage places, also everyone has access to the storage place should sign a NDA. Doubt they will think it's something worth further ado.

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 01:00:37 PM

Nothing too difficult, you just tear the paper in half, and put it in two secure storage places, also everyone has access to the storage place should sign a NDA. Doubt they will think it's something worth further ado.

Armory is also coming up with a split key solution, apparently.
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 01:40:03 PM

Thats what "they" said in 2011. Smiley

Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 01:43:42 PM

Anything can happen.  Grin

Some bad news with some of the big bitcoin companies, and the price could come plummeting down for instance.
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 01:56:58 PM

Yeah, because an NDA will stop someone from walking out the door and onto a plane with 50,000 coins. =P

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
Rygon

Activity: 520

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 02:20:30 PM

Yeah, $50 seems about right, following the trend from January and February.
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 02:24:09 PM

It is easy to print encrypted.
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 02:32:24 PM

Unless there's a few really big sell offs I think it could hit $50-55 on or before Tuesday 12th of March.

If it gets that high before then I would take it as a warning sign that the growth is out of control.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 02:41:17 PM

Yeah, $50 seems about right, following the trend from January and February.

Yes, but the real question is - when does it end? $100? $500? More?
oakpacific

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 02:46:34 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2013, 03:09:04 PM by oakpacific

Yeah, because an NDA will stop someone from walking out the door and onto a plane with 50,000 coins. =P

NDA is just an additional safeguard, besides, where are you gonna sell it, other than Gox?
PS: I think Magicaltux maybe the only one with access to the Gox key, and I don't think they use a paper wallet, an offline computer with access control is more likely.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: