Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 11:43:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin fair launch compared to Bitcoin launch?  (Read 567 times)
dballing (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 08:31:54 PM

What is everyone's thoughts on Satoshi owning so many Bitcoins? It's technically not a premine, but he essentially mined a million Bitcoins for a year before anyone knew much about what it was. Normally I wouldn't care, BUT being that he launched this after the 2008 financial crisis I was under the impression that he wanted to give the world a new "fair" monetary system. Nobody seems to be talking about this, but what everyone does talk about is Bitcoin price projections... such as BTC = $10,000 or even $100,000. If Bitcoin did reach $100,000 that would essentially mean that the founder has a net worth of 100,000,000,000. There is also the risk of him moving his coins or selling them which also worries me. Roger Ver was asked about this during an interview and he said 'Don't worry about it" and "If Satoshi becomes that rich then he deserves it". While I agree with him that Satoshi deserves a lot off this new invention of money, but my concern is that it essentially takes us from one financial paradigm and places us into a new one where he is the new financial elite.

I'm also aware that Coblee copied the Bitcoin code to make Litecoin and made minor changes (such as 4x variables and scrypt algo to act as silver to Bitcoin's gold) then relaunched the genesis block in a fair manner since he announced it on this forum. I know the network effect of Litecoin is essentially non-existent compared to Bitcoin right now, but overtime does anyone believe that this little issue will undermine Bitcoin or cause Litecoin to be looked at more seriously in the future?

Thoughts appreciated!
dballing (OP)

Activity: 246

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 01:43:51 AM

I guess nobody wants to touch this topic and would rather ignore it? Someone mentioned rendering Satoshi's stash invalid, but that is not the answer either.
Junamalik

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 01:44:41 AM

but bitcoin market is more strong then litecoin

losh11

Activity: 299

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 02:58:50 AM

but bitcoin market is more strong then litecoin

Surely a person holding around 1,000,000 Bitcoins out of 21,000,000 could dump all of their Bitcoins causing them to crash the Bitcoin market.
freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 05:21:39 AM

You make a good point there, OP.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2016, 05:26:35 AM

it's been years but many are still asking can litecoin overtook bitcoinbut at this point of time nothing is happening to materialize that scenario bitcoin value is increasing and we cannot say that to litecoin situation..

lanbo

Activity: 203

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 05:52:01 AM

it's been years but many are still asking can litecoin overtook bitcoinbut at this point of time nothing is happening to materialize that scenario bitcoin value is increasing and we cannot say that to litecoin situation..

Seriously, there's no way litecoin will overtake bitcoin supremacy, Ethereum is almost there but not quite.
aranachristianjay

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 06:07:41 AM

Seriously, there's no way litecoin will overtake bitcoin supremacy, Ethereum is almost there but not quite.

Actually until now there are no other cryptocurrency out there that can take over the supremacy of bitcoin, because first of all bitcoin are being used all over the world by traders and shoppers online, bitcoin market will never fall as the blockchains are continually improved, securities being upgraded and demands are keep on coming, especially on the market of countries like china which keep on falling down investors are trying to saved their money by putting it on a trusted decentralized cryptocurrency no other than bitcoin.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:40:43 AM

Unlikely but actually not impossible.

balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 11:26:31 AM

Technically BTC was a stealthmine because very few people mined most of the coins as nobody knew about it back then. LTC is in fact a much fairer coin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: