Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:32:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CIYAM calls for an end to the bulls__t!  (Read 3714 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 04:57:08 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2016, 05:56:02 AM by iamnotback

Do they really need a reason? ICOs are hot now. Investors want to buy, so people will come up with something to sell.

Imo, NXT needs to be relaunched back from the original genesis block and start fresh.

Or just move on to something else. There is no shortage of alternatives.

Jealous adult men creating strawman squabbles over who can create a better gambling product for the market that wants to gamble.

Buy low, sell high, and ignore the "holier than thou" pathetic, useless whining. Legality is the problem of the issuers and possibly the promoters, not of the speculators.

Compete or lose. Ask the Oklahoma Thunder how that works. I like to see any of these whiners in this thread whining on a basketball court about playing fair while getting repeatedly dunked on and ignored by the opposing team that is fast breaking obliterating them while the losers stand still pleading their futile case.

I bet these whiners resemble this 30-something guy who can't even jumper higher than a shorter, chronically ill, muscle atrophied, 51 year old guy who hadn't been able to train his autoimmunity weakened legs.

All of us know that none of these altcoins have any relevance outside this tiny gambling ecosystem. We'll also know it if ever there exists something of greater relevance, because its million users adoption will exist not as a promise, hope, nor vaporware.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 05:29:49 AM

CIYAM is a good man. [...]

I had to stop here. Do your due diligence first, select your allies afterwards.

This is true.  CIYAM collected money to implement AT on NXT and then implemented it on Qora instead.  That isn't honest or fair behavior.  Besides that, he defends the Chinese communists.

@DecentralizeEconomics
I understand you are trying to do the the right thing with NXT and you aren't happy with the directional changes of NXT, which takes the originally decent idea into a scam rout. The issue is, individuals with whom you have no problem like CfB and BCNext are very much part of the problem. BCNext's intention was OK with NXT. Originally the man wanted to create an alternative to BTC. Fine, it does make sense to progress and innovate. However, he turned into a lowlife scammer very quickly. Now BCNext is very much supporting the WAVES scam. BCNext is not as innocent as many would like to believe nor he is so mysterious. He is a lowlife Russian scammer.

I know you think CfB was BCNext, but I don't believe it.  For one, BCNext was vehemently opposed to the Larimers' Bitshares scam and wrote numerous posts exposing it for the scam that it is.  CfB on the other hand defended them and wanted cooperation between the NXT and Bitshares communities.  Imo, there can be no cooperation with liars, cheaters, and thieves or those opposed to the original ideological movement.  BCNext isn't "supporting the WAVES scam".  BCNext hasn't posted since 2013.  If you read the original NXT thread started by BCNext, it gives the impression to me that BCNext was located in the United States, but this is just my supposition.  CfB seems like an "ok" guy except for the fact that I think he backstabbed those opposing the Larimers' scam, the original hardline NXTers, and his association with David Sonstebo.  If CfB thinks he can produce ternary processors, sell them at a profit, and create a cryptocurrency network on top of it that is one thing, but having David as the CEO trying to convince the naive that IOTA will take over the world and be able to compete with the likes of Intel and IBM is another.  David is extremely abrasive and an international communist.  These aren't good traits for a businessman to possess.  I'm all for small business, but IOTA doesn't stand a chance competing with these major hardware / software companies.  David is running IOTA into the ground anyway, and I'm sure nothing good will come out of it.  I think it was a big mistake on CfBs part to leave NXT to chase after this IOTA pipedream.

Imo, NXT needs to be relaunched back from the original genesis block and start fresh.

You seem to have access to the best weed on the forum, may I have some?

If you find a dev to support your plan I'm sure you'll have 73 eager supporters, but that's all

In before NXT 3.0 Instamine and NXT Classic ICO....   Tongue

The NXT "Classic" genesis block was formed in November 2013.  NXT needs to be rebooted from this block with the original GUI client before all the superfluous additions were added.  If someone wants to create their own client, they should be able to do so, but the original client should always remain compatible with other clients.  There could be a voting mechanism to implement network-wide changes which would affect client compatibility.  There should be absolutely no official developers, foundations, committees, or marketing teams.  These are the people who centralized NXT.  Anyone attempting to collect money for any such endeavour should be shunned.  The original intent was for NXT to have many different, disjointed developers creating their own clients.  This failed to materialize, I believe, because everyone relied on the "official devs".  All these "improvements" to the client and "official" organizations resulted in a catastrophe for NXT as an ideological platform and the market price.  NXT had its greatest success early on before these "official" organizations could materialize.  After they came to be, they resulted in NXT's slow and steady destruction.  NXT today isn't at all what BCNext intended.  If the NXT network was rebooted from the genesis block, the original 73 individuals could resell or hold their NXT.  The NXT would be extremely cheap like it was back in 2013, 1 million NXT for 1 BTC.  Those who believed in the original premise could very easily get in and those who didn't could get out.  The only thing I would like to see added to the original NXT program is I2P integration.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 05:36:12 AM

The original intent was for NXT to have many different, disjointed developers creating their own clients.  This failed to materialize, I believe, because everyone relied on the "official devs".  All these "improvements" to the client and "official" organizations resulted in a catastrophe for NXT as an ideological platform and the market price.  NXT had its greatest success early on before these "official" organizations could materialize.  After they came to be, they resulted in NXT's slow and steady destruction.  NXT today isn't at all what BCNext intended.  If the NXT network was rebooted from the genesis block, the original 73 individuals could resell or hold their NXT.  The NXT would be extremely cheap like it was back in 2013, 1 million NXT for 1 BTC.  Those who believed in the original premise could very easily get in and those who didn't could get out.  The only thing I would like to see added to the original NXT program is support for I2P.

Why don't you just restart the damn thing then? Use the original 73 individuals or get together with 72 new ones. Can't really be that hard.

No need for discussion, just do it.

Or was there an issue with the original client not being open source and you can't use it?
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 05:51:11 AM

The original intent was for NXT to have many different, disjointed developers creating their own clients.  This failed to materialize, I believe, because everyone relied on the "official devs".  All these "improvements" to the client and "official" organizations resulted in a catastrophe for NXT as an ideological platform and the market price.  NXT had its greatest success early on before these "official" organizations could materialize.  After they came to be, they resulted in NXT's slow and steady destruction.  NXT today isn't at all what BCNext intended.  If the NXT network was rebooted from the genesis block, the original 73 individuals could resell or hold their NXT.  The NXT would be extremely cheap like it was back in 2013, 1 million NXT for 1 BTC.  Those who believed in the original premise could very easily get in and those who didn't could get out.  The only thing I would like to see added to the original NXT program is support for I2P.

Why don't you just restart the damn thing then? Use the original 73 individuals or get together with 72 new ones. Can't really be that hard.

No need for discussion, just do it.

Or was there an issue with the original client not being open source and you can't use it?

Maybe I will.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 01:43:09 PM

This is true.  CIYAM collected money to implement AT on NXT and then implemented it on Qora instead.  That isn't honest or fair behavior.  Besides that, he defends the Chinese communists.

That's why I said nobody is perfect. Nobody makes the right decisions all the times. CIYAM perhaps made bad decisions, but since he has been trying to act with moral and integrity and - unlike the NXT, IOTA, Supernet, LISK, Waves scammers who lure money out from the idiots - he does contribute to crypto. Cryptocurrency is a funny place. Historically, it was very easy to be on the wrong side or make bad decisions. For example, I wholeheartedly supported projects in 2013-2014, at the born of altcoins, which projects seemed honest and innovative initiatives. Since we understand that some of those projects are absolute bollocks and with full of fraudsters and criminals (VRC, Ethereum, etc). We learn from our own mistakes and try to do the right thing by continuing to support the socially important idea of decentralized currency. By now, in June 2016 we have a better understanding who is who and who does what in crypto. It is clear what is scam and what is an honest project. IMHO CIYAM is not in the group of scammers.

I know you think CfB was BCNext, but I don't believe it.  For one, BCNext was vehemently opposed to the Larimers' Bitshares scam and wrote numerous posts exposing it for the scam that it is.  CfB on the other hand defended them and wanted cooperation between the NXT and Bitshares communities.  Imo, there can be no cooperation with liars, cheaters, and thieves or those opposed to the original ideological movement.  BCNext isn't "supporting the WAVES scam".  BCNext hasn't posted since 2013.  If you read the original NXT thread started by BCNext, it gives the impression to me that BCNext was located in the United States, but this is just my supposition.  CfB seems like an "ok" guy except for the fact that I think he backstabbed those opposing the Larimers' scam, the original hardline NXTers, and his association with David Sonstebo.  If CfB thinks he can produce ternary processors, sell them at a profit, and create a cryptocurrency network on top of it that is one thing, but having David as the CEO trying to convince the naive that IOTA will take over the world and be able to compete with the likes of Intel and IBM is another.  David is extremely abrasive and an international communist.  These aren't good traits for a businessman to possess.  I'm all for small business, but IOTA doesn't stand a chance competing with these major hardware / software companies.  David is running IOTA into the ground anyway, and I'm sure nothing good will come out of it.  I think it was a big mistake on CfBs part to leave NXT to chase after this IOTA pipedream.

I think you have completely misunderstood me. I said CfB and BCNext. It implies, I think CfB and BCNext are different individuals. This autistic CfB troll with his mediocre development skills has nothing to do with BCNext, except he was a useful footsoldier at some point (it doesn't mean BCNext was a better developer, he is very average as well). I am 99% sure who BCNext is. With 99% certainty I know his name, his whereabouts - it is not US, France nor Russia (though he is ethnicity is Russian). He is still active and organizing one scams after another, even if he had put on hold his BCNext account a long time ago. Regardless his initial intentions - which was most likely honest - by now he is a law enforcement material, nothing more or less than a fraudster.

I agree with the rest about David and the IOTA scam. I said many times as well what you have pointed out quite correctly about why IOTA won't be able to compete with IBM, Intel, etc.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 02:54:36 PM

by now he is a law enforcement material

Batman or Darkwing Duck? Or both?  Shocked
iamnotback

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 01:26:25 AM

Batman or Darkwing Duck? Or both?  Shocked

What enforcement  Huh Copious tough talking diarrhoea flowing out one end but zero action forthcoming.

Indiegogo doesn't even enforce their own policy against selling prohibited perks that are negotiable instruments.

AnonyMint documented the reasons ICOs can be considered harmful, but it is irrelevant.

Decentralized, open sourced tokens are probably not investment securities regardless of how they were issued, but many of these recent schemes such as the DAO appear to not be actually sufficiently decentralized to avoid being classified as investment securities. But that is the potential legal problem for the issuers and perhaps promoters, but not for the readers here who are just the speculators.

There are too many self-important do-nothing talking heads on this forum. At least the scammers are risking their own future legal problems to provide the market here a semblance of what it craves.

So keep on babbling talking heads. That is a symptom of the disease of the incapable.

So if you really think your goal is to invest to better the true adoption and goals of a decentralized economy, then stop whining and go make it a reality. Stop blaming the scammers for your own inability to invest in and/or launch something that really addresses that goal.

Being less worse, doesn't make it an accomplishment. Two wrongs don't make it right.

Too much useless verbal diarrhoea on BCT.

And then he claims to know what is expert coding  Roll Eyes Ah pardon me, but being an active coder yourself would allow you to be a peer. Otherwise you are just a rocking chair, finger up his anal-yst. Yeah I know you scored 16 touchdowns in 1932 for the Brooklyn Browns with half your ear torn off. How many times have you repeated that story? Btw, we wear helmets now and take steriods. And ES6 with modules on Node.js isn't your grandmother's Java threads.
yelllowsin

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 01:49:28 AM

It makes me really sad watching the hattress increase here on this community  Sad

This should be a place to cooperate with each other, not to fight. Please do a favor to your self, stop perpetuating this malevolous energy and forgive your own mistakes.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:24:05 AM

I am 99% sure who BCNext is. With 99% certainty I know his name, his whereabouts - it is not US, France nor Russia (though he is ethnicity is Russian). He is still active and organizing one scams after another, even if he had put on hold his BCNext account a long time ago. Regardless his initial intentions - which was most likely honest - by now he is a law enforcement material, nothing more or less than a fraudster.

BCNext isn't JL777 either.  I believe JL777 is the Peercover guy.  I don't know if who I think BCNext was is ethnically Russian (I don't think he is), but who I think BCNext was hasn't been involved in any scams.

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 02:48:24 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2016, 03:04:25 AM by CIYAM

It's funny that in this topic @DecentralizedEconomics insists that I am a scammer and in another topic is trying to get 1 BTC from me without any proof of having ever given me 1 BTC.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1354220.msg15063549#msg15063549

In any case - it isn't surprising that there are few "real developers" in this area mostly because there is an expectation that they should work for next to nothing (in my own case I spent literally weeks working over 12 hours a day to end up with only a few BTC for the effort and then ongoing accusations ever since which is why I have accepted no payment from either Qora or Burst for my help with AT on those two platforms).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 03:17:30 AM

It's funny that in this topic @DecentralizedEconomics insists that I am a scammer and in another topic is trying to get 1 BTC from me without any proof of having ever given me 1 BTC.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1354220.msg15063549#msg15063549

In any case - it isn't surprising that there are few "real developers" in this area mostly because there is an expectation that they should work for next to nothing (in my own case I spent literally weeks working over 12 hours a day to end up with only a few BTC for the effort and then ongoing accusations ever since which is why I have accepted no payment from either Qora or Burst for my help with AT on those two platforms).

Refer to this post.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 03:23:20 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2016, 03:36:49 AM by CIYAM

Also although I accepted zero payment for the work with Qora @vbcs (who did all of the Java coding) was paid in QORA for his efforts (so the work was not paid for in NXT).

The work that was done prior to Qora and Burst was published (test cases mostly) and each payment was noted at the time (and those payments were not very much if you consider typical rates for programmers). All the payments that had been made to myself in NXT were finally sent back to the project by myself (meaning I was paid zero NXT for all my work).

The way you put it comes across as though the NXT funds were used to pay for the work done in Qora and that is 100% false (i.e. all the work that was done for Qora was paid for in QORA or was volunteered).

You should also note that there was another developer who assisted with the initial work done on AT who stayed in Nxt and tried to continue the project (but because of Jean-Luc that never amounted to anything).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 03:34:44 AM

Also although I accepted zero payment for the work with Qora @vbcs (who did all of the Java coding) was paid in QORA for his efforts (so the work was not paid for in NXT).

The way you put it comes across as though the NXT funds were used to pay for the work done in Qora and that is 100% false.

You should also note that there was another developer who assisted with the initial work done on AT who stayed in Nxt and tried to continue the project (but because of Jean-Luc that never amounted to anything).

Do you regret developing AT primarily for NXT?

Would it be better to develop an open source version of shapeshift using that technology?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 03:39:22 AM

Do you regret developing AT primarily for NXT?

I regret having been involved with the Nxt project at all (that alone has damaged my standing amongst developers).

Having said that I do think that AT itself has proven to be a useful piece of technology (so I don't regret having developed the technology itself).

Would it be better to develop an open source version of shapeshift using that technology?

That is actually underway (although it seems that @vbcs has given up the ghost so I wouldn't be expecting to see such an application appearing soon).

LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 04:23:18 AM

[...]
(that alone has damaged my standing amongst developers).
[...]

I didn't know that, makes me feel sad.
It also gives us all a better understanding for your uncontrollable rantings and of course the abusive drinking.
Moreover, it is much easier to explain, why your wife sometimes stops you from accessing 50 escrowed BTC your computer.

On the bright side, time heals so many wounds :-) Head back to your incredible C++ web pages.

Before I forget, iCEBREAKER couldn't you throw some BTC at the damaged dev? I'm sure you have a lot of them left from #hashfastscam (http://hashfast.org/Main_Page)

freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 06:52:00 AM

Trolls start trolling, the price of NXT starts rising.

Coincidence or agenda of CIYAM and Co to pump this shitcoin?

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
iamnotback

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 08:39:30 PM

Did Michael Jordan ever expend time lamenting why he failed, i.e. making excuses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH8nTfxwByY  <-- pay attention

Being actually physically handicapped is an extreme torment for an overachiever, especially if it is insoluble.

Men here aren't interested to read about our inability to deliver.
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 09:33:51 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2016, 09:49:51 PM by altcoinUK

Batman or Darkwing Duck? Or both?  Shocked

What enforcement  Huh Copious tough talking diarrhoea flowing out one end but zero action forthcoming.

You are buthurt TPTB_need_war and talking nonsense.

Do you disagree that the great idea of Satoshi, the socially important concept of decentralized cryptocurrency that could be a tool to liberate a generation from the crocks of Wall Street slowly but surely is becoming a gambling swamp of wannabe rich, greedy schmucks? What can be good in such ICO/IPO originated speculation that inevitably creates bagholders and financial losses for many?

crypto jerk

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 03:17:20 AM

there was another developer who assisted with the initial work done on AT who stayed in Nxt and tried to continue the project (but because of Jean-Luc that never amounted to anything).

Jean-luc,   Nxt killer
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 09:52:50 PM

Do they really need a reason? ICOs are hot now. Investors want to buy, so people will come up with something to sell.

Or just move on to something else. There is no shortage of alternatives.

Jealous adult men creating strawman squabbles over who can create a better gambling product for the market that wants to gamble.

Buy low, sell high, and ignore the "holier than thou" pathetic, useless whining. Legality is the problem of the issuers and possibly the promoters, not of the speculators.

Compete or lose. Ask the Oklahoma Thunder how that works. I like to see any of these whiners in this thread whining on a basketball court about playing fair while getting repeatedly dunked on and ignored by the opposing team that is fast breaking obliterating them while the losers stand still pleading their futile case.

I bet these whiners resemble this 30-something guy who can't even jumper higher than a shorter, chronically ill, muscle atrophied, 51 year old guy who hadn't been able to train his autoimmunity weakened legs.

All of us know that none of these altcoins have any relevance outside this tiny gambling ecosystem. We'll also know it if ever there exists something of greater relevance, because its million users adoption will exist not as a promise, hope, nor vaporware.

Is that you, LoupGaroux?

Edit: I figured it out: it's https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=408792. For those playing at home, the clue was "atrophied".
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: