Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:20:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Building headless Bitcoin and Bitcoin-qt on Windows  (Read 419322 times)
TransaDox

Activity: 219
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:38:51 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2015, 09:00:25 AM by TransaDox

But have you seen:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149479.msg5937160#msg5937160
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=349094.0;all
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCytoaHvG3H1y9CnxZS819eQ

and I agree with you on windows, since there are ~9 times more of them than all the others combined! I've posted this llive link before, but here it is again.
http://www.netmarketshare.com/ choose Operating Systems -> Desktop Share and Desktop Share by Version

Ron

I haven't, but I will look (long, long threads so will take me a while to read through). Looks like you are using VC++. You have VSIX packages?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
old c coder

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 04:24:32 PM

But have you seen:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149479.msg5937160#msg5937160
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=349094.0;all
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCytoaHvG3H1y9CnxZS819eQ

and I agree with you on windows, since there are ~9 times more of them than all the others combined! I've posted this llive link before, but here it is again.
http://www.netmarketshare.com/ choose Operating Systems -> Desktop Share and Desktop Share by Version

Ron

I haven't, but I will look (long, long threads so will take me a while to read through). Looks like you are using VC++. You have VSIX packages?

Hello TransaDox,

First link is just one message, mostly pix, little text.  Second is Claires, read that at your leisure.  Third are short videos.

Maybe after you've seen my videos, you will see that no VSIX packages are necessary.  Four easy to build static libraries and VS does the rest.  No absolute paths, etc. etc.

Ron

LTC: LUYiMVsrFQewUSPDasSKGzhyTPAkiTeSov BTC: 1DPvP6WoZzaNQ9Nxzd64hjYad1kyQzTTbx YAC: Y3ZggXDvnRJaRwtVGyGJwt6DMLN3EPQpQf 
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.  Paul Cezanne
old c coder

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 05:08:23 PM

If they we just compiled libbitcoin binaries for Windows devs they we would see an explosion of applications for bitcoin on Windows. You won't get Windows devs looking at bitcoin software until you we supply these binaries in the same way people do for OpenSSL or SQLite. Then you we would see header translations and workspaces for Codeblocks, Lazarus and Visual Studio.

We I am not going to go through 500 pages of Linux speak, install Linux or a Linux emulator/VM and search far and wide for esoteric packages that noone has ever heard of just to compile your that library, which will probably be unsuccessful after 2 days of getting it set up because you it already had a dependency that you they didn't notice!
FTFY

Windows devs are often careless enough to compile stuff with hidden backdoors (at least I was until a few years ago), and using precompiled binaries as suggested invites that.  However, just as the Windows Satoshi client has signatures from core devs, libbitcoin binaries could do the same thing, so it's a minor problem... at least if the signing developers have a reputation to protect.
Hello dscotese,

My videos show how easy it is to build the four static libraries from source, for bitcoind (and other *coins).  I actually built two of them in the videos and show how easy it is to build the other two.

Ron

LTC: LUYiMVsrFQewUSPDasSKGzhyTPAkiTeSov BTC: 1DPvP6WoZzaNQ9Nxzd64hjYad1kyQzTTbx YAC: Y3ZggXDvnRJaRwtVGyGJwt6DMLN3EPQpQf 
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.  Paul Cezanne
TransaDox

Activity: 219
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:13:26 PM

Hello TransaDox,

First link is just one message, mostly pix, little text.  Second is Claires, read that at your leisure.  Third are short videos.

Maybe after you've seen my videos, you will see that no VSIX packages are necessary.  Four easy to build static libraries and VS does the rest.  No absolute paths, etc. etc.

Ron

Wow. You have a voice like chocolate.  Kiss Hello Microsoft Windows Developers Wink

Great videos and threads. I went back to the component building since I am interested in building things like Yacoin rather than using it a set piece so a lot of what you talked about was a step-aside from where I need to be. It all went great (sort of) then you got to the LevelDB  which wouldn't have been so different if it were a DLL rather than static, eh? Wink

Can we continue via PM? I have a lot of discussion points that I'd like to cover about static and dynamic linking (why didn't you use the OpenSSL DLLs for example) which isn't really on-topic for this thread and you seem to have the patience to mentor rather than preach.
old c coder

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 09:13:38 PM

Hello TransaDox,

Ron

Wow. You have a voice like chocolate.  Kiss Hello Microsoft Windows Developers Wink

Great videos and threads. I went back to the component building since I am interested in building things like Yacoin
Join https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=206577.2960 Wink
rather than using it a set piece so a lot of what you talked about was a step-aside from where I need to be. It all went great (sort of) then you got to the LevelDB  which wouldn't have been so different if it were a DLL rather than static, eh? Wink

Can we continue via PM? I have a lot of discussion points that I'd like to cover about static and dynamic linking (why didn't you use the OpenSSL DLLs for example) which isn't really on-topic for this thread and you seem to have the patience to mentor rather than preach.
Hello TransaDox,

The whole idea with static libraries, at least in Windows, is that the resulting exe has all it needs to run, on any version of windows, anywhere.  No dependencies upon third party libraries (.dlls) .  That is why the four libraries are statically built.  The process basically creates .obj files that are collected into a .lib file and linked as needed when the exe is built.  Almost as if you had just compiled the sources of the libraries with the program's sources and just linked them.

That should answer your questions on OpenSSL and levelDB.  Actually I am making another OpenSSL follow up video, since there is so much talk about it.  I will show how to actually build the OpenSSL libraries from the sources, static debug and release.  And having done so, one can debug (in VS) all they way in to the OpenSSL code!!  Very interesting.

Ron

apple_talk

Activity: 473

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 03:26:16 PM

Getting error...

C:\Qt\qttools-opensource-src-5.3.2>mingw32-make
cd src\ && ( if not exist Makefile C:\Qt\5.3.2\bin\qmake.exe C:\Qt\qttools-opens
ource-src-5.3.2\src\src.pro -o Makefile ) && mingw32-make -f Makefile
mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory 'C:/Qt/qttools-opensource-src-5.3.2/src'
mingw32-make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'C:/Qt/5.3.2/mkspecs/modules-inst/qt
_lib_clucene_private.pri', needed by 'Makefile'.  Stop.
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/Qt/qttools-opensource-src-5.3.2/src'
makefile:40: recipe for target 'sub-src-make_first' failed
mingw32-make: *** [sub-src-make_first] Error 2

thanks

|

|

▄
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄█████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████

█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
▀▀▀▀█████  █████████████
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
                       ▀
|

$1,5 M
|

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
      ▄█████▀▀███▀▀█████▄
    ▄███▀     ███     ▀███▄
   ████       ███       ████
  ███▀                   ▀███
 ███▀                     ▀███
▄██▀       █████████       ▀██▄
███                         ███
███        █████████        ███
███                         ███
▀██▄       █████████       ▄██▀
 ███▄                     ▄███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ████       ███       ████
    ▀███▄     ███     ▄███▀
      ▀█████▄▄███▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
|

|

<>
<>
<>
<>

GITHUB
TWITTER
YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 08:33:56 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 08:48:23 AM by MoreBloodWine

Got to step to, ran make and got an "error" about gcc. Saw the same not found when I tried to run gcc -v from step one but didn't think much of it at the time. This is all on a fresh Windows Vista 32bit install for a laptop I want to use just for building d and qt files.

xxxxxxNam-PC /c/deps/openssl-1.0.1l
$ make
making all in crypto...
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/deps/openssl-1.0.1l/crypto'
/bin/perl.exe ../util/mkbuildinf.pl "gcc -I. -I.. -I../include  -DOPENSSL_THREAD
S -D_MT -DL_ENDIAN -DWIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN -fomit-frame-pointer -O3 -march=i486 -W
all -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_PART_WORDS -DOPENSSL_IA32_SSE2 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT -DOPEN
SSL_BN_ASM_GF2m -DSHA1_ASM -DSHA256_ASM -DSHA512_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DRMD160_ASM -DAE
S_ASM -DVPAES_ASM -DGHASH_ASM" "mingw" >buildinf.h
gcc -I. -I.. -I../include  -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_MT -DL_ENDIAN -DWIN32_LEAN_AND_M
EAN -fomit-frame-pointer -O3 -march=i486 -Wall -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_PART_WORDS -DOPE
NSSL_IA32_SSE2 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_GF2m -DSHA1_ASM -DSHA256_A
SM -DSHA512_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DRMD160_ASM -DAES_ASM -DVPAES_ASM -DGHASH_ASM   -c -o
 cryptlib.o cryptlib.c
make[1]: gcc: Command not found
make[1]: *** [cryptlib.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/deps/openssl-1.0.1l/crypto'
make: *** [build_crypto] Error 1

xxxxxxNam-PC /c/deps/openssl-1.0.1l

So what do I do ? I really want to be able to do my own d and qt files from source and not have to wait on someone to do it for me or pay someone to do it for me, Ty.

Edit: I did look in some of the mingw32 folder files and find a gcc file in /mingw32/bin

So maybe my error has something to do with this...

1.3. Ensure that mingw-builds bin folder is set in your PATH environment variable. On Windows 7 your path should look something like:
Code:
C:\mingw32\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

Not really sure what I'm supposed to do to "ensure" the PATH enviroment or w/e.

To be decided...
MystPhysX

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 10:22:49 AM

1.3. Ensure that mingw-builds bin folder is set in your PATH environment variable. On Windows 7 your path should look something like:
Code:
C:\mingw32\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

Not really sure what I'm supposed to do to "ensure" the PATH enviroment or w/e.
Simple really.

1. Open the start menu, search for "variables" and click on "Edit the system environment variables"

2. Then click on "Environment Variables"

3. Scroll down to Path and then click on edit.

4. Add "C:\mingw32\bin;" to the beginning or ";C:\mingw32\bin" to the end. ";" is needed at the end of each location if something comes after it but not if it's the last entry.

End:

Beginning:

Remember it only needs to be in one place, that place being the end or the beginning doesn't really make a difference.

Then just click on OK again till all the windows close.

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 07:22:55 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2015, 07:33:50 PM by MoreBloodWine

Thx for that, got work coming soon but so I can say I asked, is it possible the PATH thing is what made the gcc error come up during the one step ?

@OP... might I suggest adding what he posted to the original thread since I doubt I am the only one who scratched their heads about the pathing thing... anyway, will throw that in when I am home.

To be decided...
dscotese

Activity: 444

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 01:45:30 AM

Thx for that, got work coming soon but so I can say I asked, is it possible the PATH thing is what made the gcc error come up during the one step ?

@OP... might I suggest adding what he posted to the original thread since I doubt I am the only one who scratched their heads about the pathing thing... anyway, will throw that in when I am home.

Hi MBW,

If you google the operant part of the instruction at 1.3 that MPX quoted, "PATH environment variable" you will find instructions similar to what MPX posted.  If OP included instructions that are that easily found, OP would be several megabytes and not very useful to people like me.  I encourage you to use Google a bit more lest you start taking advice from someone who figures out how to scam you.  Well, that's the argument from fear and I hate those, so here's a better one: I encourage you to use Google a bit more so that you can get used to learning on your own.  The world really opens up a lot more when you regain the confidence in your ability to learn on your own that school steals from us.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 05:47:20 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2015, 06:09:08 AM by MoreBloodWine

Ok, so I finished all the compilation stuff and made it to step 3. However, I am wanting to compile GorillaBucks 6.4.8.0.

So, what do I need to do, if anyone can help, to compile the d file and a qt file ?

To be decided...
old c coder

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 05:41:11 PM

Ok, so I finished all the compilation stuff and made it to step 3. However, I am wanting to compile GorillaBucks 6.4.8.0.

So, what do I need to do, if anyone can help, to compile the d file and a qt file ?
Hello ?,

Looking at the .pro file and the .mingw files in the sources for GorillaBucks at GitHub, I see different version of gcc and Boost and OpenSSL presumed in those files.  So if your build procedure, whatever that is, uses those files in the creation of the daemon and the Qt versions, you would have to "harmonize" those two files first!?

Ron

rampage101

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:50:50 PM

Hey guys, I've followed all the steps and still stuck on something related to the Berkeley DB.

When I run configure it says:

"checking for Berkeley DB C++ headers... no"
"configure: error: libdb_cxx headers missing"

Also, was wondering in the instructions, in the Berkeley DB part, why are we building under "build_unix", rather than "build_windows"?

Thanks.

ChompStory

Activity: 99

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:58:22 PM

hey guys. im in need of a little help. im trying to clone megacoin-qt and when trying to compile windows qt

and im getting this in cmd. any ideas?

Code:
C:\clonecoin>qmake "USE_QRCODE=1" "USE_UPNP=1" "USE_IPV6=1" megacoin-qt.pro
Project MESSAGE: Building with QRCode support
Project MESSAGE: Building with UPNP support
'C:/Qt/4.8.6/bin\lrelease.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external comm
and,
operable program or batch file.
'C:/Qt/4.8.6/bin\lrelease.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external comm
and,
and,

C:\clonecoin>
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6505

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 11:01:45 PM

hey guys. im in need of a little help. im trying to clone megacoin-qt and when trying to compile windows qt

Code:
C:\clonecoin>qmake "USE_QRCODE=1" "USE_UPNP=1" "USE_IPV6=1" megacoin-qt.pro
and,
and,
and,

C:\clonecoin>
did you download qt 4.8.6 and put it in C:/Qt/4.8.6? It can't find a dependency that it needs which is an older version of qt.

ChompStory

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:23:22 PM

did you download qt 4.8.6 and put it in C:/Qt/4.8.6? It can't find a dependency that it needs which is an older version of qt.

yes, its all installed and configured. heres a screenshot of that folder, the file lrelease.exe doesent seem to exist?

achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6505

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 01:39:18 AM

yes, its all installed and configured. heres a screenshot of that folder, the file lrelease.exe doesent seem to exist?
-snip-
Did you follow all of the instructions for bitcoin 0.8.6? It looks like that coin is based off of Bitcoin 0.8.6 and thus you will need to follow those instructions instead.

ChompStory

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:06:25 AM

-snip-
Did you follow all of the instructions for bitcoin 0.8.6? It looks like that coin is based off of Bitcoin 0.8.6 and thus you will need to follow those instructions instead.

ive tried many coins, they all come up with the same error. im not sure its the coin
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:10:32 AM

In step 2.4  miniupnpc-1.9.20150206.tar.gz does not include miniupnpcstrings.h and it looks for this file on make. So You have to create the file and put in something like:

Code:
/* $Id: miniupnpcstrings.h,v 1.3 2009/06/04 09:05:56 nanard Exp $ */
/* Project: miniupnp
 * http://miniupnp.free.fr/ or http://miniupnp.tuxfamily.org/
 * Author: Thomas Bernard
 * Copyright (c) 2005-2009 Thomas Bernard
 * This software is subjects to the conditions detailed
 * in the LICENCE file provided within this distribution */
#ifndef __MINIUPNPCSTRINGS_H__
#define __MINIUPNPCSTRINGS_H__

#define OS_STRING "OpenBSD/4.3"
#define MINIUPNPC_VERSION_STRING "1.3"

#endif
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:19:54 AM

I also had a nasty error that said that it couldn't find the entry point of a throw exception in libstdc++-6.dll in both the QT compilation and the protobuf compilation. I found that I had to delete libstdc++.dll inside of C:\mingw32\lib\gcc\i686-w64-mingw32\4.9.2 because it was trying to link against a different version of std c++ lib which already exists as libstdc++-6.dll inside of C:\mingw32\bin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: