Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:03:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Building headless Bitcoin and Bitcoin-qt on Windows  (Read 419326 times)
luke9511

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 11:25:54 PM

hey all i have gotten very very close to compiling my first wallet but the error below is stopping me, anyone have any ideas i can try?

Code:
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.6.2/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot fin
d -lboost_system
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.6.2/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot fin
d -lboost_filesystem
d -lboost_program_options
d -lboost_thread
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make: *** [release\alphacoin-qt.exe] Error 1
old c coder

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 12:39:57 AM

hey all i have gotten very very close to compiling my first wallet but the error below is stopping me, anyone have any ideas i can try?

Code:
d -lboost_system
d -lboost_filesystem
d -lboost_thread
Hello luke9511?,

Seems your builder can't find the boost libraries. So did you build them according to step 2.7 of message #1 (of this forum)?

Ron

LTC: LUYiMVsrFQewUSPDasSKGzhyTPAkiTeSov BTC: 1DPvP6WoZzaNQ9Nxzd64hjYad1kyQzTTbx YAC: Y3ZggXDvnRJaRwtVGyGJwt6DMLN3EPQpQf 
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.  Paul Cezanne
luke9511

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:17:45 AM

Code:
d -lboost_system
d -lboost_filesystem
d -lboost_thread
Hello luke9511?,

Seems your builder can't find the boost libraries. So did you build them according to step 2.7 of message #1 (of this forum)?

Ron
yes i did, i followed every step exactly
old c coder

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 05:48:53 AM

Code:
d -lboost_system
d -lboost_filesystem
d -lboost_thread
Hello luke9511?,

Ron
Are you building an older version, without autogen, or a newer version?  Actually what version of Bitcoin(?) are you building?

Usually, when one builds a boost library, there is a suffix attached, to each library, denoting the boost version # and library type,  something like boost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-s-1_53 for example. 

In your output, it looks like either the builder/compiler/linker doesn't know the boost suffix, or you didn't build library and tell the build what it is, or some combination of these things.  Or something else?

Hope this helps.

Ron

LTC: LUYiMVsrFQewUSPDasSKGzhyTPAkiTeSov BTC: 1DPvP6WoZzaNQ9Nxzd64hjYad1kyQzTTbx YAC: Y3ZggXDvnRJaRwtVGyGJwt6DMLN3EPQpQf 
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.  Paul Cezanne
luke9511

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 12:13:31 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 07:22:57 PM by luke9511

Code:
d -lboost_system
d -lboost_filesystem
d -lboost_thread
Hello luke9511?,

Ron
Are you building an older version, without autogen, or a newer version?  Actually what version of Bitcoin(?) are you building?

Usually, when one builds a boost library, there is a suffix attached, to each library, denoting the boost version # and library type,  something like boost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-s-1_53 for example.  

In your output, it looks like either the builder/compiler/linker doesn't know the boost suffix, or you didn't build library and tell the build what it is, or some combination of these things.  Or something else?

Hope this helps.

Ron
im trying to compile alt coin and bit coin wallets, which is why you see the older version, but every vm i try this on even with the latest qt and everything i get the same error message, does not matter if its for bitcoin or alphacoin or blackcoin i always get the same error

EDIT after getting to work and trying this guide one more time, i managed to get the bitcoin core wallet compiled, now i just need to figure out how to do the same for wallets that were not compiled with qt5 etc
Temo58

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 07:24:36 PM

Thank you for the update.
In step 4, you are saying add the path for QT 5.1.1. But you using 5.2 qtbase and tools. Did you mean to do that? Should the path be 5.2?
luke9511

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:57:32 PM

ok i am trying to compile a different wallet now and am getting this error

Code:
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/interprocess/detail/tmp_dir_helpers.hpp:45:97:   inst
antiated from here
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/interprocess/detail/intermodule_singleton_common.hpp:
205:93: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing ru
les [-Wstrict-aliasing]
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/system/error_code.hpp: At global scope:
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/system/error_code.hpp:222:36: warning: 'boost::system
::posix_category' defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/system/error_code.hpp:223:36: warning: 'boost::system
::errno_ecat' defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/system/error_code.hpp:224:36: warning: 'boost::system
::native_ecat' defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
mingw32-make: *** [build/bitcoin.o] Error 1
old c coder

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 09:39:11 PM

Code:
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/interprocess/detail/tmp_dir_helpers.hpp:45:97:   inst
antiated from here
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/interprocess/detail/intermodule_singleton_common.hpp:
205:93: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing ru
les [-Wstrict-aliasing]
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/system/error_code.hpp:222:36: warning: 'boost::system
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/system/error_code.hpp:223:36: warning: 'boost::system
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/system/error_code.hpp:224:36: warning: 'boost::system
There is no error showing in the dump you provided above, it is up "above" somewhere! 

All I can say is that gcc was trying to compile bitcoin.cpp for the Qt version.

Let us know what alt coin & version you are trying to compile.  Maybe someone here can direct you to an appropriate forum for that coin?  They all have them.  Though all the smart guys are here Wink

Ron

luke9511

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 09:42:27 PM

Code:
antiated from here
les [-Wstrict-aliasing]
There is no error showing in the dump you provided above, it is up "above" somewhere! 

Let us know what alt coin & version you are trying to compile.  Maybe someone here can direct you to an appropriate forum for that coin?  They all have them.  Though all the smart guys are here Wink

Ron
it is the latest version of alpha coin wallet

Code:
C:\alphacoin>mingw32-make -f Makefile.Release
g++ -c -pipe -fno-keep-inline-dllexport -O2 -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -fdiag
nostics-show-option -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-paramet
er -D__NO_SYSTEM_INCLUDES -DUNICODE -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIR
IT_THREADSAFE -DUSE_IPV6 -DWIN32 -D_MT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB
-DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT
-I"..\Qt\4.8.6\include\QtCore" -I"..\Qt\4.8.6\include\QtGui" -I"..\Qt\4.8.6\incl
ude" -I"src" -I"src\json" -I"src\qt" -I"..\deps\boost_1_55_0" -I"..\deps\db-4.8.
30.NC\build_unix" -I"..\deps\openssl-1.0.1j\include" -I"..\Qt\4.8.6\include\Acti
veQt" -I"build" -I"build" -I"..\Qt\4.8.6\mkspecs\default" -o build\bitcoin.o src
\qt\bitcoin.cpp
In file included from src/bignum.h:13:0,
                 from src/main.h:10,
                 from src/wallet.h:9,
                 from src/init.h:9,
                 from src\qt\bitcoin.cpp:11:
src/util.h:555:16: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef void* pthread_t'
c:\mingw32\bin\../lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/4.6.2/../../../../i686-pc-mingw32/incl
ude/pthread.h:187:19: error: 'pthread_t' has a previous declaration as 'typedef
uintptr_t pthread_t'
src/util.h: In function 'pthread_t CreateThread(void (*)(void*), void*, bool)':
src/util.h:578:12: error: invalid conversion from 'HANDLE {aka void*}' to 'pthre
ad_t {aka unsigned int}' [-fpermissive]
In file included from ..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/interprocess/errors.hpp:37:0,
                 from ..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/interprocess/exceptions.hpp:20,

from ..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/interprocess/shared_memory_obje
ct.hpp:17,
                 from ..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/interprocess/ipc/message_queue.
hpp:17,
                 from src\qt\bitcoin.cpp:23:
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/interprocess/detail/win32_api.hpp: At global scope:
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/interprocess/detail/win32_api.hpp:903:116: warning: d
eclaration of 'void* boost::interprocess::winapi::CreateMutexA(boost::interproce
ss::winapi::interprocess_security_attributes*, int, const char*)' with C languag
e linkage [enabled by default]
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/thread/win32/thread_primitives.hpp:144:55: warning: c
onflicts with previous declaration 'void* boost::detail::win32::CreateMutexA(boo
st::detail::win32::_SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES*, int, const char*)' [enabled by default
]
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/interprocess/detail/win32_api.hpp:908:127: warning: d
eclaration of 'void* boost::interprocess::winapi::CreateSemaphoreA(boost::interp
rocess::winapi::interprocess_security_attributes*, long int, long int, const cha
r*)' with C language linkage [enabled by default]
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/thread/win32/thread_primitives.hpp:145:55: warning: c
onflicts with previous declaration 'void* boost::detail::win32::CreateSemaphoreA
(boost::detail::win32::_SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES*, long int, long int, const char*)'
[enabled by default]
In file included from ..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/thread/shared_mutex.hpp:18:0,
                 from ..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/thread/detail/thread_group.hpp:
                 from ..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/thread/thread.hpp:13,
                 from ..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/thread.hpp:13,
                 from src/util.h:22,
                 from src/bignum.h:13,
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/thread/win32/shared_mutex.hpp: In member function 'T
boost::shared_mutex::interlocked_compare_exchange(T*, T, T) [with T = boost::sha
red_mutex::state_data]':
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/thread/win32/shared_mutex.hpp:124:103:   instantiated
 from here
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/thread/win32/shared_mutex.hpp:52:99: warning: derefer
encing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/thread/win32/shared_mutex.hpp:52:99: warning: derefer
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/thread/win32/shared_mutex.hpp:53:52: warning: derefer
..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/thread/win32/shared_mutex.hpp:53:52: warning: derefer
In file included from ..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/interprocess/detail/windows_int
ermodule_singleton.hpp:26:0,
                 from ..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/interprocess/detail/tmp_dir_hel
pers.hpp:22,
                 from ..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/interprocess/shared_memory_obje
ct.hpp:22,
                 from ..\deps\boost_1_55_0/boost/interprocess/ipc/message_queue.
hpp:17,
                 from src\qt\bitcoin.cpp:23:
 In static member function 'static ThreadSafeGlobalMap& boost::interprocess::ipc
detail::intermodule_singleton_common<ThreadSafeGlobalMap>::get_map() [with Threa
dSafeGlobalMap = boost::interprocess::ipcdetail::intermodule_singleton_helpers::
windows_semaphore_based_map]':
126:49:   instantiated from 'static void boost::interprocess::ipcdetail::intermo
dule_singleton_common<ThreadSafeGlobalMap>::initialize_singleton_logic(void*&, v
olatile uint32_t&, void* (*)(ThreadSafeGlobalMap&), bool) [with ThreadSafeGlobal
Map = boost::interprocess::ipcdetail::intermodule_singleton_helpers::windows_sem
aphore_based_map, uint32_t = unsigned int, boost::interprocess::ipcdetail::inter
module_singleton_common<ThreadSafeGlobalMap>::singleton_constructor_t = void*(bo
ost::interprocess::ipcdetail::intermodule_singleton_helpers::windows_semaphore_b
ased_map&)]'
336:7:   instantiated from 'static void boost::interprocess::ipcdetail::intermod
ule_singleton_impl<C, LazyInit, Phoenix, ThreadSafeGlobalMap>::atentry_work() [w
ith C = boost::interprocess::ipcdetail::windows_bootstamp, bool LazyInit = true,
 bool Phoenix = true, ThreadSafeGlobalMap = boost::interprocess::ipcdetail::inte
rmodule_singleton_helpers::windows_semaphore_based_map]'
326:13:   instantiated from 'static C& boost::interprocess::ipcdetail::intermodu
le_singleton_impl<C, LazyInit, Phoenix, ThreadSafeGlobalMap>::get() [with C = bo
ost::interprocess::ipcdetail::windows_bootstamp, bool LazyInit = true, bool Phoe
nix = true, ThreadSafeGlobalMap = boost::interprocess::ipcdetail::intermodule_si
ngleton_helpers::windows_semaphore_based_map]'
antiated from here
les [-Wstrict-aliasing]
old c coder

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 11:25:01 PM

Code:
antiated from here
les [-Wstrict-aliasing]

Ron
it is the latest version of alpha coin wallet

C:\alphacoin>mingw32-make -f Makefile.Release
g++ -c -pipe -fno-keep-inline-dllexport -O2 -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -fdiag
nostics-show-option -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-paramet
er -D__NO_SYSTEM_INCLUDES -DUNICODE -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIR
IT_THREADSAFE -DUSE_IPV6 -DWIN32 -D_MT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB
-DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT
-I"..\Qt\4.8.6\include\QtCore" -I"..\Qt\4.8.6\include\QtGui" -I"..\Qt\4.8.6\incl
ude" -I"src" -I"src\json" -I"src\qt" -I"..\deps\boost_1_55_0" -I"..\deps\db-4.8.
30.NC\build_unix" -I"..\deps\openssl-1.0.1j\include" -I"..\Qt\4.8.6\include\Acti
veQt" -I"build" -I"build" -I"..\Qt\4.8.6\mkspecs\default" -o build\bitcoin.o src
\qt\bitcoin.cpp
In file included from src/bignum.h:13:0,
src/util.h:555:16: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef void* pthread_t'
c:\mingw32\bin\../lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/4.6.2/../../../../i686-pc-mingw32/incl
ude/pthread.h:187:19: error: 'pthread_t' has a previous declaration as 'typedef
uintptr_t pthread_t'
src/util.h: In function 'pthread_t CreateThread(void (*)(void*), void*, bool)':
src/util.h:578:12: error: invalid conversion from 'HANDLE {aka void*}' to 'pthre
ad_t {aka unsigned int}'

Ah, we see an error!

See message #480, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149479.msg9919026#msg9919026 and earlier in this forum.  That should get you further along.

Ron

luke9511

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 02:52:46 PM

i went back and reread all of the posts about this issue and applied the patches except for qt5 patch and i am still getting the same error
old c coder

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 03:41:05 PM

i went back and reread all of the posts about this issue and applied the patches except for qt5 patch and i am still getting the same error
Did you see this message:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149479.msg9287345#msg9287345
.i.e. message #765?

And message #760,
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149479.msg9218702#msg9218702
which references 4 previous messages?

Ron

luke9511

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 06:28:29 PM

.i.e. message #765?

And message #760,

Ron
yes i did and the alphacoin-qt.pro file and util.h file if i remember right and one other file already have those fixes in them, also with that fix in the berkley db do i need to recompile db after that change is made?
old c coder

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 09:07:26 PM

.i.e. message #765?

And message #760,

Ron
yes i did and the alphacoin-qt.pro file and util.h file if i remember right and one other file already have those fixes in them, also with that fix in the berkley db do i need to recompile db after that change is made?
Yes!  It's the db.h in the BerkeleyDB sources, not the db.h in the *coin sources.

Ron

luke9511

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 09:09:43 PM

.i.e. message #765?

And message #760,

Ron
Yes!  It's the db.h in the BerkeleyDB sources, not the db.h in the *coin sources.

Ron

tomorrow i will edit that file and recompile db and edit or reply back with how it goes
luke9511

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 02:17:25 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2016, 03:44:39 PM by luke9511

well i went ahead and started a new vm here at home and tried to compile alphacoin after doing the patch for db and still got an error about boost which is attached

EDIT took me forever but i finally got it! thanks for the help!
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6653

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 05:34:50 AM

I am attempting to do this, but I keep getting stuck on building protobuf. It always ends with this error in a dialog box:
Code:
The procedure entry point _ZSt24_throw_out_of_ragne_fmtOKcz could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\deps\protobuf-2.6.1\src\protoc.exe

I am building this on Windows 10.

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 06:44:33 AM

i think you may have a much easier time if you install virtual box and get a windows 7 iso image and install everything clean , i have not used win 10 yet for anything except the demo and not on an actual machine only in vb..... still i know others who have had no issue with building on win 10 ,  from experience if you are new to compiling a bitcoin client for win from these notes believe me a clean install as i suggested should be a big help.

I am attempting to do this, but I keep getting stuck on building protobuf. It always ends with this error in a dialog box:
Code:
The procedure entry point _ZSt24_throw_out_of_ragne_fmtOKcz could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\deps\protobuf-2.6.1\src\protoc.exe

I am building this on Windows 10.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6653

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 12:37:57 PM

i think you may have a much easier time if you install virtual box and get a windows 7 iso image and install everything clean , i have not used win 10 yet for anything except the demo and not on an actual machine only in vb..... still i know others who have had no issue with building on win 10 ,  from experience if you are new to compiling a bitcoin client for win from these notes believe me a clean install as i suggested should be a big help.
I will try that later, for now I have figured out how to cross compile it on Linux.

I would bet that you've yourselves unintentionally damaged one of the source files. I see "ragne" instead of "range", like somebody messed some include files and then tried to repair them by hand.

No, that is just a typo. I couldn't actually copy and paste the error so I typed it out.

ironsniper

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:32:59 PM

hello it took me a while but i managed to learn how to compile wallets on windows,mac and linux but i have one issue, how do i change the version number in the about page for the wallet? i changed it using qt creator and then used the cmd to compile and when it runs and i check it, it didnt change
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: