Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:10:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Building headless Bitcoin and Bitcoin-qt on Windows  (Read 419326 times)
GröBkAz

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:38:57 PM

no...it doesnt work:

# Dependency library locations can be customized with:
#    BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH, BOOST_LIB_PATH, BDB_INCLUDE_PATH,
#    BDB_LIB_PATH, OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH and OPENSSL_LIB_PATH respectively

BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX=-mgw46-mt-sd-1_54
BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\\deps\\boost_1_54_0
BOOST_LIB_PATH=C:\\deps\\boost_1_54_0\\stage\\lib
BDB_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\\deps\\db-4.8.30.NC\\build_unix
BDB_LIB_PATH=C:\\deps\db-4.8.30.NC\\build_unix
OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\\deps\\openssl-1.0.1e\\include
OPENSSL_LIB_PATH=C:\\deps\\openssl-1.0.1e

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\Coin\litecoin-master-0.6>qmake "USE_UPNP=-" litecoin-qt.pro
WARNING: c:\Coin\litecoin-master-0.6\litecoin-qt.pro:23: Unescaped backslashes a
re deprecated.
Project MESSAGE: Building without UPNP support
Project MESSAGE: Building with UPNP supportRemoved plural forms as the target la
nguage has less forms.
If this sounds wrong, possibly the target language is not set or recognized.
WARNING: c:\Coin\litecoin-master-0.6\litecoin-qt.pro:23: Unescaped backslashes a
re deprecated.
Project MESSAGE: Building with UPNP supportRemoved plural forms as the target la
nguage has less forms.
re deprecated.
nguage has less forms.
old c coder

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 02:17:20 PM

no...it doesnt work:

# Dependency library locations can be customized with:
#    BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH, BOOST_LIB_PATH, BDB_INCLUDE_PATH,
#    BDB_LIB_PATH, OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH and OPENSSL_LIB_PATH respectively

BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX=-mgw46-mt-sd-1_54
BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\\deps\\boost_1_54_0
BOOST_LIB_PATH=C:\\deps\\boost_1_54_0\\stage\\lib
BDB_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\\deps\\db-4.8.30.NC\\build_unix
BDB_LIB_PATH=C:\\deps\db-4.8.30.NC\\build_unix
OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\\deps\\openssl-1.0.1e\\include
OPENSSL_LIB_PATH=C:\\deps\\openssl-1.0.1e

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\Coin\litecoin-master-0.6>qmake "USE_UPNP=-" litecoin-qt.pro
re deprecated.
nguage has less forms.
re deprecated.
nguage has less forms.
re deprecated.
nguage has less forms.

But did litecoin-qt.pro when qmake'd produce a makefile.debug and .release? That is the important part. The UPNP is on, is off is qmake "chatter" which is "to be determined".

And what is on your .pro line 23, as given in the second line of your output above?

See message #41

Ron

LTC: LUYiMVsrFQewUSPDasSKGzhyTPAkiTeSov BTC: 1DPvP6WoZzaNQ9Nxzd64hjYad1kyQzTTbx YAC: Y3ZggXDvnRJaRwtVGyGJwt6DMLN3EPQpQf 
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.  Paul Cezanne
GröBkAz

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:29:57 PM

But did litecoin-qt.pro when qmake'd produce a makefile.debug and .release? That is the important part. The UPNP is on, is off is qmake "chatter" which is "to be determined".

And what is on your .pro line 23, as given in the second line of your output above?

See message #41

Ron

But did litecoin-qt.pro when qmake'd produce a makefile.debug and .release? <= what did this mean?

And what is on your .pro line 23, as given in the second line of your output above? <= this problem is solved...was my mistake i missed one //
GröBkAz

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:43:08 PM

I'm starting to lose my patience.  Huh
I pay 0.3 BTC each person that successfully explains to me: how to build a litecoin-qt client on a windows system. ->From the first download up to the final "ctrl-B command" in the Qt Creator.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:24:15 PM

I pay 0.3 BTC each person that successfully explains to me: how to build a litecoin-qt client on a windows system. ->From the first download up to the final "ctrl-B command" in the Qt Creator.

* Download your favorite Litecoin version: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin and extract it.
* Download https://github.com/phelixbtc/bitcoin/archive/0.8.3-EasyWinBuilder-v0.2.zip   and copy the easywinbuilder folder into the litecoin folder (so that it is next to src, doc, ...)
* In the easywinbuilder folder edit set_vars.bat:  @set COINNAME=bitcoin    --->  @set COINNAME=litecoin
* In the easywinbuilder folder double click __all_easywinbuilder.bat
* Follow instructions

GröBkAz

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:56:41 PM

* Download your favorite Litecoin version: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin and extract it.
* Download https://github.com/phelixbtc/bitcoin/archive/0.8.3-EasyWinBuilder-v0.2.zip   and copy the easywinbuilder folder into the litecoin folder (so that it is next to src, doc, ...)
* In the easywinbuilder folder edit set_vars.bat:  @set COINNAME=bitcoin    --->  @set COINNAME=litecoin
* Follow instructions

unfortunately, the script crashs after some times. I will try this on an other windows machine in a few hours. but thanks anyway
phelix
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:23:33 PM

* Follow instructions

unfortunately, the script crashs after some times. I will try this on an other windows machine in a few hours. but thanks anyway

If you like send me the output by pm or here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252931 and I will look into it.
GröBkAz

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:12:00 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2013, 08:23:34 PM by GröBkAz

The script crash after thees errors:

c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.2/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot fin
d -lboost_system-mgw44-mt-s-1_53
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.2/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot fin
d -lboost_filesystem-mgw44-mt-s-1_53
d -lboost_program_options-mgw44-mt-s-1_53
d -lboost_thread-mgw44-mt-s-1_53
d -lssl
d -lcrypto

collect2.exe: Fehler: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück

the debug and release folders are empty
phelix
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 08:19:49 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2013, 11:59:53 AM by phelix

d -lssl
d -lcrypto

Just tested and it worked with a single double click on __everything_but_environment_easywinbuilder.bat (because I already have the correct mingw and qt installed).

Problem seems to be that it does not find the dependencies...   please find a longer answer here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252931.msg2845654#msg2845654

GröBkAz

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 09:06:35 AM

d -lssl
d -lcrypto

Just tested and it worked with a single double click on __everything_but_environment_easywinbuilder.bat (because I already have the correct mingw and qt installed).

Problem seems to be that it does not find the dependencies...   please find a longer answer here: Problem seems to be that it does not find the dependencies...

thanks for the help, but: did you forget a link?
phelix
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:59:31 AM

[...]

Problem seems to be that it does not find the dependencies...   please find a longer answer here: Problem seems to be that it does not find the dependencies...

thanks for the help, but: did you forget a link?
oops. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252931.msg2845654#msg2845654
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 04:59:47 AM

maybe someone can help me i'm getting this error

Code:
c:\deps\Ocoin>make -f makefile.release
g++ -c -pipe -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -fdiagnostics
-show-option -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -Wst
ack-protector -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -
DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DSTATICLIB -DUSE_IPV6=1 -DWIN32 -D_MT -DQ
T_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_
LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2
-DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I"..\..\Qt\4.8.4\include\QtCore" -I"..\..\Qt\4.8.4\include\QtN
etwork" -I"..\..\Qt\4.8.4\include\QtGui" -I"..\..\Qt\4.8.4\include" -I"src" -I"s
rc\json" -I"src\qt" -I"..\..\Qt\4.8.4\include\ActiveQt" -I"build" -I"build" -I".
.\..\Qt\4.8.4\mkspecs\win32-g++" -o build\ocoin.o src\qt\ocoin.cpp
cc1plus.exe: unrecognized option `-Wextra'
cc1plus.exe: unrecognized option `-Wstack-protector'
cc1plus.exe: unrecognized option `-fdiagnostics-show-option'
mingw32-make: *** [build/ocoin.o] Error 1

c:\deps\Ocoin>

what the hell did i do here exactly? i'm building with all the references to libleveldb commented out in my qt.pro file if that helps

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
BountyCoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 07:44:58 AM

This is an excellent post! I build my litecoind without any problem.
Interesting thing is inside litecoin's src folder I didn't find leveldb, but it builds.
old c coder

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 07:52:55 PM

Smiley

Hello ?

Is the offer of 0.3 BTC still on the table?  Smiley

I have successfully built a 0.8.3 litecoin-qt on windows, for windows, with not too much effort using the nitrogenetics prescription, which is, this thread. With, of course, a few wrinkles Grin, that a reasonably knowledgeable person could figure out.

I realize that text may not be sufficient (it hasn't worked so far), so I will also do a video (cam studio style at 1024x768).

Ron

LTC: LUYiMVsrFQewUSPDasSKGzhyTPAkiTeSov BTC: 1DPvP6WoZzaNQ9Nxzd64hjYad1kyQzTTbx YAC: Y3ZggXDvnRJaRwtVGyGJwt6DMLN3EPQpQf 
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.  Paul Cezanne
old c coder

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:13:20 PM

See message #41

Ron

But did litecoin-qt.pro when qmake'd produce a makefile.debug and .release? <= what did this mean?

And what is on your .pro line 23, as given in the second line of your output above? <= this problem is solved...was my mistake i missed one //

You are aware, I trust, that when you execute the following statement on a DOS command line:
qmake "USE_UPNP=-" litecoin-qt.pro
that among other things, the following happens. A new version of Makefile.Release and Makefile.Debug are produced, obviously by the action of qmake upon litecoin-qt.pro!

You can test it for yourself by deleting the Makefile.Debug & Makefile.Release and then re-run the above command line statement. Lo & behold, the makefiles are recreated.

This is just the first (of only two) steps of nitrogenetics step 4.3

Ron

Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:38:10 AM

What could be the reasons Satoshi created Bitcoin in C++. This is the cause of all hell breaking loose in compiling it. Why did he not create it in Java? Was it due to performance reasons?

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
old c coder

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 08:28:53 PM

What could be the reasons Satoshi created Bitcoin in C++. This is the cause of all hell breaking loose in compiling it. Why did he not create it in Java? Was it due to performance reasons?

Hello Amitabh?

Perhaps it was the language he/she/they were most familiar with at the time (~2009). It actually was a MS VC++ 6.0 project initially, if I read the history correctly?

Java could be a performance issue as a stand alone application using a JVM, and an identical JVM may not have been on everyone's computer (windows, linux, Mac ...)

And there seems to be all kinds of gotchas/provisos, etc. on system resources and the JVM, see
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/A87860_01/doc/java.817/a83728/03writ10.htm
especially with all the things bitcoin has its fingers in: memory, files, sockets, threads and the dreaded preemptive garbage collection in Java, yada yada yada  Grin

And isn't it so, that Java only relatively recently, made facilities available for "bit twiddling", and bitcoin certainly does its share of big endian - little endian and other bit/byte/word/int/hash machinations Smiley

Ron

old c coder

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 05:21:31 AM

OK, bitcoin compilers, daemon or qt, I have been "re-factoring" in a sense the bitcoin 0.8.3 code and have come upon the dreaded error abort:
SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. std::basic_string< char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char>  >::basic_string(std::string const&) ()

before main() apparently happens? I see lots of "stuff" on static initialization "issues" in C++, see
http://www.google.com/#fp=aae3bcc417c03f0c&q=in+GCC+received+signal+SIGSEGV%2C+Segmentation+fault.+std%3A%3Abasic_string%3C+char%2C+std%3A%3Achar_traits%3Cchar%3E%2C+std%3A%3Aallocator%3Cchar%3E++%3E%3A%3Abasic_string%28std%3A%3Astring+const%26%29+%28%29
so I'm not alone. Has anyone "gone down this road" before and could they offer some insight into what order the .h files should be loaded, or not loaded?

I have been looking at all the code and when I make a change I always compile bitcoind & bitcoin-qt. They have always compiled successfully. I haven't run the code each time, and the last time I tried to run it, I got the above in bitcoind & bitcoin-qt. Using gdb on bitcoind.exe (which is the debug version) it gives the above error before entering main.

The kind of things I have been doing are:
moving the class CAddrDB definition out of db.h and put into addrman.h, put walletdb.h into wallet.h, since CWallet, CWalletDB CWalletTx are so "intimate". Removed unused GetWalletFile(). Put ROTL32() and MurmurHash3() in bloom.cpp thereby eliminating their references in hash.h and the need for hash.cpp

That kind of stuff, and more. Somewhere the dreaded static initialization changed, and not for the better.

If anyone has seen this, and ordered the include files, in some .cpp file or another, a certain way to "fix" this, I would appreciate a "heads up" since I don't see any comments (documentation) in the code.

Otherwise, I will back track about a month and come "forward" again, this time running each change just to make sure, and not feeling satisfied that "this small rearrangement of .h files" or material in them, if it compiles and links is surely OK and "should work" Smiley

Ah, the mysteries of C++ and code that runs unseen before main begins...

Ron

Diapolo

Activity: 769

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 11:21:15 AM

OK, bitcoin compilers, daemon or qt, I have been "re-factoring" in a sense the bitcoin 0.8.3 code and have come upon the dreaded error abort:
SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. std::basic_string< char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char>  >::basic_string(std::string const&) ()

before main() apparently happens? I see lots of "stuff" on static initialization "issues" in C++, see
http://www.google.com/#fp=aae3bcc417c03f0c&q=in+GCC+received+signal+SIGSEGV%2C+Segmentation+fault.+std%3A%3Abasic_string%3C+char%2C+std%3A%3Achar_traits%3Cchar%3E%2C+std%3A%3Aallocator%3Cchar%3E++%3E%3A%3Abasic_string%28std%3A%3Astring+const%26%29+%28%29
so I'm not alone. Has anyone "gone down this road" before and could they offer some insight into what order the .h files should be loaded, or not loaded?

I have been looking at all the code and when I make a change I always compile bitcoind & bitcoin-qt. They have always compiled successfully. I haven't run the code each time, and the last time I tried to run it, I got the above in bitcoind & bitcoin-qt. Using gdb on bitcoind.exe (which is the debug version) it gives the above error before entering main.

The kind of things I have been doing are:
moving the class CAddrDB definition out of db.h and put into addrman.h, put walletdb.h into wallet.h, since CWallet, CWalletDB CWalletTx are so "intimate". Removed unused GetWalletFile(). Put ROTL32() and MurmurHash3() in bloom.cpp thereby eliminating their references in hash.h and the need for hash.cpp

That kind of stuff, and more. Somewhere the dreaded static initialization changed, and not for the better.

If anyone has seen this, and ordered the include files, in some .cpp file or another, a certain way to "fix" this, I would appreciate a "heads up" since I don't see any comments (documentation) in the code.

Otherwise, I will back track about a month and come "forward" again, this time running each change just to make sure, and not feeling satisfied that "this small rearrangement of .h files" or material in them, if it compiles and links is surely OK and "should work" Smiley

Ah, the mysteries of C++ and code that runs unseen before main begins...

Ron

If you are doing such things, make sure to create a pull request for our official repository Smiley.

Dia

Liked my former work for Bitcoin Core? Drop me a donation via:
1PwnvixzVAKnAqp8LCV8iuv7ohzX2pbn5x
bitcoin:1PwnvixzVAKnAqp8LCV8iuv7ohzX2pbn5x?label=Diapolo
old c coder

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 09:57:19 PM

If you are doing such things, make sure to create a pull request for our official repository Smiley.

Dia

Ah, but like any artist, one doesn't like to submit an incomplete drawing, play, sculpture, painting, piece of music, novel, etc. Smiley Also, why bother others with something I can run myself, to see if it "flies". I was just surprised by the SIGSEGV (with a normal build) and the link given suggests that even valgrind may not even be able to find the "static miscues"?

Ron

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: