Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 04:10:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Building headless Bitcoin and Bitcoin-qt on Windows  (Read 419326 times)
awais3344

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:55:17 AM

Update: so i just checked bitcoind.exe and it also opens and closes the cmd with error close the program.  Roll Eyes I have no idea what could be wrong. It showed me no error at all. just warnings. And i was able to strip bitcoind without any error.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
NEOSCOIN
  +POD Developers +Active Community - V2 Coming Soon! Live In-App Trading, Live Pool Stats - IRC - Arbitrush Anonymous System soon!! NEOSCOIN
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
adjed

Activity: 400
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:52:49 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 12:57:06 PM by adjed

Hello,

I've been following the guide step by step but at the end when I try to build the wallet mingw32-make -f Makefile.Release.
This is what I get.

Looks like it has to do with boos 1_55_0 but It is installed and all the patches from the guide done.

Any light?

Thanks!

This is usually where most people run into the brick-wall errors.  That being said, please look through the cmd for the part that gives error, not warning.  It should list the .cpp (or header) and the line number, then the actual problem.  If you look at the "-Wunused" warnings, you see warning as opposed to error, so please provide the part earlier up in the script where you encounter the error.

Sharrow

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:49:22 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 06:30:20 PM by Sharrow

Have finally got static wallets compiled with QT 5.2.0 and have to say it makes the end product much better than the ones compiled with QT 4.8.

There may be a bit more work to do with patching but the 'crash on exit' issues have gone and no longer needing external DLLs makes it look a lot cleaner.
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 02:12:06 PM

i would try: #include <QAction>

i used QT 5.2.1 and the client while exiting produce that flood of error messages, anybody can point me to the the file and function to look at?
ScripterRon

Activity: 136
Merit: 120

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:14:40 PM

Has anybody tried building V0.9.0rc1 yet on Windows?  It fails for me on rpcserver.o:

C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/home/rwh/boost_1_55_0/boost/asio/detail/impl/win_object_handle_service.ipp: In sta
tic member function 'static void boost::asio::detail::win_object_handle_service::wait_callback(PVOID
, BOOLEAN)':
C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/home/rwh/boost_1_55_0/boost/asio/detail/impl/win_object_handle_service.ipp:402:5:
error: '::UnregisterWaitEx' has not been declared
     ::UnregisterWaitEx(impl->wait_handle_, NULL);

I'm on Windows 7 and have Boost 1.55 installed.

Ron
ScripterRon

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:37:20 PM

I got past that error by defining -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0602 -DWINVER=0x0602.  I then ran into undefined WSAPOLLFD and corrected that by adding the definition to winsock2.h. See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20957727/boostasio-unregisterwaitex-has-not-been-declared for details.

Ron
awais3344

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 12:18:28 PM

Code:
In file included from src\net.cpp:21:0:
../miniupnpc/upnpcommands.h:117:1: note: declared here
 UPNP_AddPortMapping(const char * controlURL, const char * servicetype,
 ^
In file included from ..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/thread/shared_mutex.hpp:18:0,
                 from ..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/thread/detail/thread_group.hpp:9
                 from ..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/thread/thread.hpp:24,
                 from ..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/thread.hpp:13,
                 from src\util.h:25,
                 from src\bignum.h:13,
                 from src\main.h:9,
                 from src\db.h:9,
                 from src\net.cpp:7:
..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/thread/win32/shared_mutex.hpp: In instantiation of 'T
boost::shared_mutex::interlocked_compare_exchange(T*, T, T) [with T = boost::sha
red_mutex::state_data]':
..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/thread/win32/shared_mutex.hpp:124:103:   required from
 here
..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/thread/win32/shared_mutex.hpp:52:99: warning: derefere
ncing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]
                                                               *reinterpret_cast
<long*>(&comparand));

^
..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/thread/win32/shared_mutex.hpp:52:99: warning: derefere
..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/thread/win32/shared_mutex.hpp:53:52: warning: derefere
             return *reinterpret_cast<T const*>(&res);
                                                    ^
..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/thread/win32/shared_mutex.hpp:53:52: warning: derefere
In file included from ..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/system/system_error.hpp:14:0,
                 from ..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/thread/exceptions.hpp:22,
                 from ..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/thread/win32/thread_primitives.h
pp:16,
                 from ..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/thread/win32/thread_data.hpp:12,

from ..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/thread/thread.hpp:15,
..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/system/error_code.hpp: At global scope:
..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/system/error_code.hpp:214:36: warning: 'boost::system:
:posix_category' defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
     static const error_category &  posix_category = generic_category();
                                    ^
..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/system/error_code.hpp:215:36: warning: 'boost::system:
:errno_ecat' defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
     static const error_category &  errno_ecat     = generic_category();
                                    ^
..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/system/error_code.hpp:216:36: warning: 'boost::system:
:native_ecat' defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
     static const error_category &  native_ecat    = system_category();
                                    ^
Makefile.Release:33990: recipe for target 'build/net.o' failed
mingw32-make: *** [build/net.o] Error 1

C:\dogecoin>

can anybody shed some light on this error? I seem to be getting close to making the qt client. already did dogecoind.exe which works fine, stuck on this last thingy  Tongue

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
NEOSCOIN
  +POD Developers +Active Community - V2 Coming Soon! Live In-App Trading, Live Pool Stats - IRC - Arbitrush Anonymous System soon!! NEOSCOIN
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
nitrogenetics (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:12:27 PM

I got past that error by defining -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0602 -DWINVER=0x0602.  I then ran into undefined WSAPOLLFD and corrected that by adding the definition to winsock2.h. See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20957727/boostasio-unregisterwaitex-has-not-been-declared for details.

Ron

Working fine out of the box for me. Could you post your gcc -v output?

BTC: 1NWQ4TarCCC7j1XY26KRFFEtLYbPP6S3DH
XRP: rJkbeyRaUYDmcukEyLYVfn56QDM9VhybZG
awais3344

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:19:08 PM

Code:
 ^
boost::shared_mutex::interlocked_compare_exchange(T*, T, T) [with T = boost::sha
..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/thread/win32/shared_mutex.hpp:124:103:   required from
 here
                                                               *reinterpret_cast
<long*>(&comparand));

^
                                                    ^

..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/system/error_code.hpp:214:36: warning: 'boost::system:
                                    ^
..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/system/error_code.hpp:215:36: warning: 'boost::system:
                                    ^
..\boost-1.50.0-mgw/boost/system/error_code.hpp:216:36: warning: 'boost::system:
                                    ^

can anybody shed some light on this error? I seem to be getting close to making the qt client. already did dogecoind.exe which works fine, stuck on this last thingy  Tongue

okay, i got this fixed  Wink

NEOSCOIN
ScripterRon

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:47:31 PM

Working fine out of the box for me. Could you post your gcc -v output?
I took all of the defaults when installing MinGW a couple of months ago.  I haven't worked on Unix for 10 years, so I admit I'm rusty now.  I used C at work and I've been using Java since I retired, so troubleshooting C++ and shell script problems is a slow process for me.  But bitcoind and bitcoin-cli are up and running now.  I didn't even bothering trying to build Bitcoin-Qt since I have my own node (ScripterRon/JavaBitcoin) and SPV wallet (ScripterRon/BitcoinWallet).  I just needed the daemon to validate my implementation (and help the reference client developers a bit by reporting any problems I encounter).

Ron

$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\MinGW\bin\gcc.exe
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=c:/mingw/msys/1.0/mingw/bin/../libexec/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/lto-wrapper.exe
Target: mingw32
Configured with: ../gcc-4.8.1/configure --prefix=/mingw --host=mingw32 --build=mingw32 --without-pic
 --enable-shared --enable-static --with-gnu-ld --enable-lto --enable-libssp --disable-multilib --ena
ble-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++,ada --disable-sjlj-exceptions --with-dwarf2 --disable-win32
-registry --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --with-gmp=/usr/src/pkg/gm
p-5.1.2-1-mingw32-src/bld --with-mpc=/usr/src/pkg/mpc-1.0.1-1-mingw32-src/bld --with-mpfr= --with-sy
stem-zlib --with-gnu-as --enable-decimal-float=yes --enable-libgomp --enable-threads --with-libiconv
-prefix=/mingw32 --with-libintl-prefix=/mingw --disable-bootstrap LDFLAGS=-s CFLAGS=-D_USE_32BIT_TIM
E_T
Thread model: win32
gcc version 4.8.1 (GCC)
nitrogenetics (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:02:26 PM

Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\MinGW\bin\gcc.exe
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=c:/mingw/msys/1.0/mingw/bin/../libexec/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/lto-wrapper.exe
Target: mingw32
Configured with: ../gcc-4.8.1/configure --prefix=/mingw --host=mingw32 --build=mingw32 --without-pic
 --enable-shared --enable-static --with-gnu-ld --enable-lto --enable-libssp --disable-multilib --ena
ble-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++,ada --disable-sjlj-exceptions --with-dwarf2 --disable-win32
-registry --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --with-gmp=/usr/src/pkg/gm
p-5.1.2-1-mingw32-src/bld --with-mpc=/usr/src/pkg/mpc-1.0.1-1-mingw32-src/bld --with-mpfr= --with-sy
stem-zlib --with-gnu-as --enable-decimal-float=yes --enable-libgomp --enable-threads --with-libiconv
-prefix=/mingw32 --with-libintl-prefix=/mingw --disable-bootstrap LDFLAGS=-s CFLAGS=-D_USE_32BIT_TIM
E_T
Thread model: win32
gcc version 4.8.1 (GCC)

Getting the same error with 4.8.1 from mingw-get installer. I usually compile everything with one of the latest toolchains from mingw-builds as recommendend by the qt documentation. Wink

goosoodude

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:58:15 AM

Code:
 ^
 here
                                                               *reinterpret_cast
<long*>(&comparand));

^
                                                    ^

^
                                    ^
                                    ^

What did you do exactly?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

pttinh

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:25:34 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 02:46:32 PM by pttinh

QT@QT-PC /c/deps/protobuf-2.5.0
$ ./autogen.sh
+ sed -i -e 's/RuntimeLibrary="5"/RuntimeLibrary="3"/g;
           s/RuntimeLibrary="4"/RuntimeLibrary="2"/g;' gtest/msvc/gtest-md.vcpro
j gtest/msvc/gtest.vcproj gtest/msvc/gtest_main-md.vcproj gtest/msvc/gtest_main.
vcproj gtest/msvc/gtest_prod_test-md.vcproj gtest/msvc/gtest_prod_test.vcproj gt
est/msvc/gtest_unittest-md.vcproj gtest/msvc/gtest_unittest.vcproj
+ autoreconf -f -i -Wall
Can't locate Autom4te/ChannelDefs.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /mingw/share/autoco
nf /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/msys /usr/lib/perl5/5.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8/msys
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_
perl/5.8/msys /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8 .) a
t /c/MinGW/bin/autoreconf-2.68 line 40.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /c/MinGW/bin/autoreconf-2.68 line 40.

I got this error when tried to build protobuf and make bitcoin when use ./autogen.sh command. Please help.

Thanks.

P/S: fixed it, I try :

mount c:/mingw /mingw

before run ./autogen.sh
First.Bitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 03:58:10 PM

I skimmed through the tread, but could not find an answer. I successfully compiled a testcoin-qt (based on Dogecoin) on my Windows 7 box, but it crashes when launched. Any ideas how to fix it?

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
nitrogenetics (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:29:31 PM

P/S: fixed it, I try :

mount c:/mingw /mingw

before run ./autogen.sh

I think you are using mingw32-autoconf instead of msys-autoconf

pttinh

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:05:52 PM

I use file in MinGW/msys/1.0/msys.dat

Now when i build Qt, I got this error:
Code:
$ make
Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/bitcoin-0.9.0rc2/src'
make  all-recursive
make[2]: Entering directory `/c/bitcoin-0.9.0rc2/src'
Making all in .
make[3]: Entering directory `/c/bitcoin-0.9.0rc2/src'
  CXX    rpcserver.o
In file included from c:/deps/boost_1_55_0/boost/asio/detail/win_object_handle_s
ervice.hpp:180:0,
                 from c:/deps/boost_1_55_0/boost/asio/windows/object_handle_serv
ice.hpp:25,
                 from c:/deps/boost_1_55_0/boost/asio/windows/basic_object_handl
e.hpp:27,
                 from c:/deps/boost_1_55_0/boost/asio.hpp:108,
                 from rpcprotocol.h:15,
                 from rpcserver.h:10,
                 from rpcserver.cpp:6:
c:/deps/boost_1_55_0/boost/asio/detail/impl/win_object_handle_service.ipp: In me
mber function 'void boost::asio::detail::win_object_handle_service::move_constru
ct(boost::asio::detail::win_object_handle_service::implementation_type&, boost::
asio::detail::win_object_handle_service::implementation_type&)':
c:/deps/boost_1_55_0/boost/asio/detail/impl/win_object_handle_service.ipp:106:5:
     ::UnregisterWaitEx(impl.wait_handle_, INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE);
     ^
c:/deps/boost_1_55_0/boost/asio/detail/impl/win_object_handle_service.ipp: In me
mber function 'void boost::asio::detail::win_object_handle_service::move_assign(
boost::asio::detail::win_object_handle_service::implementation_type&, boost::asi
o::detail::win_object_handle_service&, boost::asio::detail::win_object_handle_se
rvice::implementation_type&)':
c:/deps/boost_1_55_0/boost/asio/detail/impl/win_object_handle_service.ipp:158:5:
     ::UnregisterWaitEx(impl.wait_handle_, INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE);
     ^
mber function 'void boost::asio::detail::win_object_handle_service::destroy(boos
t::asio::detail::win_object_handle_service::implementation_type&)':
c:/deps/boost_1_55_0/boost/asio/detail/impl/win_object_handle_service.ipp:200:7:
       ::UnregisterWaitEx(wait_handle, INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE);
       ^
mber function 'boost::system::error_code boost::asio::detail::win_object_handle_
service::close(boost::asio::detail::win_object_handle_service::implementation_ty
pe&, boost::system::error_code&)':
c:/deps/boost_1_55_0/boost/asio/detail/impl/win_object_handle_service.ipp:251:7:
       ^
mber function 'boost::system::error_code boost::asio::detail::win_object_handle_
service::cancel(boost::asio::detail::win_object_handle_service::implementation_t
ype&, boost::system::error_code&)':
c:/deps/boost_1_55_0/boost/asio/detail/impl/win_object_handle_service.ipp:302:7:
       ^
c:/deps/boost_1_55_0/boost/asio/detail/impl/win_object_handle_service.ipp: In st
atic member function 'static void boost::asio::detail::win_object_handle_service
::wait_callback(PVOID, BOOLEAN)':
c:/deps/boost_1_55_0/boost/asio/detail/impl/win_object_handle_service.ipp:402:5:
     ^
make[3]: *** [rpcserver.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/c/bitcoin-0.9.0rc2/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/bitcoin-0.9.0rc2/src'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/bitcoin-0.9.0rc2/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

nitrogenetics (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:26:24 PM

c:/deps/boost_1_55_0/boost/asio/detail/impl/win_object_handle_service.ipp: In st
atic member function 'static void boost::asio::detail::win_object_handle_service
c:/deps/boost_1_55_0/boost/asio/detail/impl/win_object_handle_service.ipp:402:5:
     ^

I think you are using mingw32-gcc 4.8.1 also. If you have a specific reason see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149479.msg5290622#msg5290622 otherwise i suggest deleting your entire c:\MinGW, reinstalling again selecting msys-base, msys-autoconf, msys-automake and msys-libtool only and using a mingw-builds toolchain as specified in the first post.

pttinh

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:42:27 PM

^

I think you are using mingw32-gcc 4.8.1 also. If you have a specific reason see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149479.msg5290622#msg5290622 otherwise i suggest deleting your entire c:\MinGW, reinstalling again selecting msys-base, msys-autoconf, msys-automake and msys-libtool only and using a mingw-builds toolchain as specified in the first post.

Thanks, I will try it
pttinh

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:19:09 PM

after all, i got this error
Code:
  CXXLD  bitcoind.exe
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/lib\libmsvcrt.a(dyqzs0
0708.o):(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `isspace'
libbitcoin_wallet.a(rpcdump.o):rpcdump.cpp:(.text$isspace[_isspace]+0x0): first
defined here
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [bitcoind.exe] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/c/bitcoin-0.9.0rc2/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/bitcoin-0.9.0rc2/src'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/bitcoin-0.9.0rc2/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
awais3344

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:41:36 PM

Code:
 ^
 here
                                                               *reinterpret_cast
<long*>(&comparand));

^
                                                    ^

^
                                    ^
                                    ^

What did you do exactly?

late reply but. I disabled upnp by using use_upnp=-

if i correctly remember that was the command that I used with qmake bitcoin-qt.pro

Wink

NEOSCOIN
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: