Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:46:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Building headless Bitcoin and Bitcoin-qt on Windows  (Read 419327 times)
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 04:07:33 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 05:12:59 PM by presstab

Getting this error when building hobonickels.   Not quite sure what to do now, some googling says something about libraries being out of order but I don't think this is the problem.

Code:
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x21e): undefined reference to `DbEnv::DbEnv(unsigned
 int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x18d6): undefined reference to `DbEnv::close(unsigne
d int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x18f7): undefined reference to `DbEnv::DbEnv(unsigne
d int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x190d): undefined reference to `DbEnv::remove(char c
onst*, unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1918): undefined reference to `DbEnv::~DbEnv()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1927): undefined reference to `DbEnv::strerror(int)
'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1947): undefined reference to `DbEnv::~DbEnv()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x19a6): undefined reference to `DbEnv::~DbEnv()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1a40): undefined reference to `DbEnv::~DbEnv()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1db9): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lg_dir(ch
ar const*)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1e0b): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_cachesize
(unsigned int, unsigned int, int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1e1c): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lg_bsize(
unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1e2d): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lg_max(un
signed int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1e3e): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lk_max_lo
cks(unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1e4f): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lk_max_ob
jects(unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1e89): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_errfile(_
iobuf*)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1eb3): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_flags(uns
igned int, int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1ecc): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_flags(uns
igned int, int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1ee5): undefined reference to `DbEnv::log_set_confi
g(unsigned int, int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1f09): undefined reference to `DbEnv::open(char con
st*, unsigned int, int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x1fcc): undefined reference to `DbEnv::strerror(int)
'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x23f3): undefined reference to `Db::Db(DbEnv*, unsig
ned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x2540): undefined reference to `DbMpoolFile::set_fla
gs(unsigned int, int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x280b): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_cachesize
(unsigned int, unsigned int, int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x281c): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lg_bsize(
unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x282d): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lg_max(un
signed int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x283e): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lk_max_lo
cks(unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x284f): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_lk_max_ob
jects(unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x2868): undefined reference to `DbEnv::set_flags(uns
igned int, int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x2881): undefined reference to `DbEnv::log_set_confi
g(unsigned int, int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x28a2): undefined reference to `DbEnv::open(char con
st*, unsigned int, int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x2ab2): undefined reference to `Db::Db(DbEnv*, unsig
ned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x2ada): undefined reference to `Db::verify(char cons
t*, char const*, std::ostream*, unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x2b2c): undefined reference to `Db::~Db()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x2bf2): undefined reference to `Db::~Db()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x2df8): undefined reference to `Db::Db(DbEnv*, unsig
ned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x2e24): undefined reference to `Db::verify(char cons
t*, char const*, std::ostream*, unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x2e48): undefined reference to `Db::~Db()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3266): undefined reference to `Db::~Db()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x33ad): undefined reference to `DbTxn::abort()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3472): undefined reference to `DbEnv::txn_checkpoin
t(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3637): undefined reference to `DbEnv::txn_checkpoin
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3657): undefined reference to `DbEnv::lsn_reset(cha
r const*, unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x36e4): undefined reference to `DbEnv::dbremove(DbTx
n*, char const*, char const*, unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x396e): undefined reference to `Db::Db(DbEnv*, unsig
ned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3af1): undefined reference to `Dbt::Dbt()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3af9): undefined reference to `Dbt::Dbt()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3b27): undefined reference to `Dbc::get(Dbt*, Dbt*,
 unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3c24): undefined reference to `Dbt::~Dbt()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3c2f): undefined reference to `Dbt::~Dbt()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3dae): undefined reference to `Dbt::Dbt(void*, unsi
gned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3ddb): undefined reference to `Dbt::Dbt(void*, unsi
gned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3e1f): undefined reference to `Dbt::~Dbt()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3e2a): undefined reference to `Dbt::~Dbt()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x3f37): undefined reference to `Dbc::close()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x4030): undefined reference to `Db::Db(DbEnv*, unsig
ned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x4052): undefined reference to `Db::remove(char cons
t*, char const*, unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x406e): undefined reference to `Db::Db(DbEnv*, unsig
ned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x409b): undefined reference to `Db::rename(char cons
t*, char const*, char const*, unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x40b1): undefined reference to `Db::~Db()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x40bc): undefined reference to `Db::~Db()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x40eb): undefined reference to `Dbc::close()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x41d4): undefined reference to `Dbt::~Dbt()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x41e3): undefined reference to `Dbt::~Dbt()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x423a): undefined reference to `Dbt::~Dbt()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x424c): undefined reference to `Dbt::~Dbt()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x42a1): undefined reference to `Db::~Db()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x42ac): undefined reference to `Db::~Db()'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x43f9): undefined reference to `DbEnv::txn_checkpoin
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x44ba): undefined reference to `DbEnv::lsn_reset(cha
r const*, unsigned int)'
./build\db.o:db.cpp:(.text+0x4550): undefined reference to `DbEnv::log_archive(c
har***, unsigned int)'
C:/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.8.2/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bi
n/ld.exe: ./build\db.o: bad reloc address 0x6c4 in section `.gcc_except_table'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile.Release:290: recipe for target 'release\HoboNickels-qt.exe' failed
mingw32-make: *** [release\HoboNickels-qt.exe] Error 1

EDIT I found an error in my qt.pro file where I had deleted two lines. This removed the problem.

Also it is worth mentioning that the instructions to build boost on this thread caused troubles later on - I had to go back and build boost and add --with-regex and that the Berkely database did not come with libdb_cxx.a - so I had to build a prior version of the database and has to place libdb_cxx.a into i686-w64-mingw32/4.8.2/ folder in order to get passed cxx errors.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
nitrogenetics (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:38:50 PM

Also it is worth mentioning that the instructions to build boost on this thread caused troubles later on - I had to go back and build boost and add --with-regex

Bitcoin doesn't need Boost.Regex, HoboNickels does.

Berkely database did not come with libdb_cxx.a

When configured and compiled correctly you will have both libdb.a and libdb_cxx.a, try cleaning and compiling again. HoboNickels seems to compile just fine on my build system.

BTC: 1NWQ4TarCCC7j1XY26KRFFEtLYbPP6S3DH
XRP: rJkbeyRaUYDmcukEyLYVfn56QDM9VhybZG
Jori

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:29:51 PM

@Nitro

After what me and Ron came through, perhaps it is a good idea to expend your post to include the following import pointers:

* Make sure that your MSYS bin directory precedes any other Windows system directory, like c:\Windows\System32 (this is necessary if you want to use the Unix find and not the Windows variant).
* The WSAPOLLFD structure bug in MinGW (not really bug, it is just missing)
* UnregisterWaitEx() problems when not setting _WIN32_WINNT
(also look for a reference to the two above here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20957727/boostasio-unregisterwaitex-has-not-been-declared)

Also, Ron mentioned that makefile.mingw is not longer used and there are more problems (Perl is unnecessary and so is Python too I believe, although I'm not sure about Python). It would also be nice if you explain a bit about the inner workings of the building process (i.e. why this utility or command), because as it is now it is sending a wrong message to people. I don't only want to know what to do, but also why to do it.

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate this post and I think it is very useful, but it can be made so much better.

(we could work together a bit and also update the build_msw file, should be much more accessible than this forum thread)
Jori.
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:24:09 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 08:09:31 PM by presstab

Also it is worth mentioning that the instructions to build boost on this thread caused troubles later on - I had to go back and build boost and add --with-regex

Bitcoin doesn't need Boost.Regex, HoboNickels does.

Berkely database did not come with libdb_cxx.a

When configured and compiled correctly you will have both libdb.a and libdb_cxx.a, try cleaning and compiling again. HoboNickels seems to compile just fine on my build system.

Yep you are right, my db did not build correctly. I had the wrong version of gcc

Anyways, this thread has been very helpful for me, thanks!  I'll be sending a btc tip your way.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
nitrogenetics (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:17:30 PM

@Nitro

After what me and Ron came through, perhaps it is a good idea to expend your post to include the following import pointers:

* Make sure that your MSYS bin directory precedes any other Windows system directory, like c:\Windows\System32 (this is necessary if you want to use the Unix find and not the Windows variant).
* The WSAPOLLFD structure bug in MinGW (not really bug, it is just missing)
* UnregisterWaitEx() problems when not setting _WIN32_WINNT
(also look for a reference to the two above here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20957727/boostasio-unregisterwaitex-has-not-been-declared)

Also, Ron mentioned that makefile.mingw is not longer used and there are more problems (Perl is unnecessary and so is Python too I believe, although I'm not sure about Python). It would also be nice if you explain a bit about the inner workings of the building process (i.e. why this utility or command), because as it is now it is sending a wrong message to people. I don't only want to know what to do, but also why to do it.

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate this post and I think it is very useful, but it can be made so much better.

(we could work together a bit and also update the build_msw file, should be much more accessible than this forum thread)
Jori.

Msys bin folder should automagically get precedence in path when running msys (no need to add it manually to windows environment variables):
Code:
$ which find
/bin/find.exe

WSAPOLLFD and UnregisterWaitEx() issues appear only when using MinGW default toolchain, this is one of the reasons I stress on using mingw-builds.

makefile.mingw was used in pre v0.9 versions, a lot of altcoins are still based on older versions, so I think it is useful not to remove 0.8.6 notes (yet).

Perl and python were remnants and have been removed (you still need perl when configuring openssl, but msys-perl gets installed with msys-base).

I agree I could have been a bit less cryptic, but this can be improved Wink

Yep you are right, my db did not build correctly. I had the wrong version of gcc

Anyways, this thread has been very helpful for me, thanks!  I'll be sending a btc tip your way.

Thanks for the tip Wink

KaChingCoinDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:51:55 PM

I am getting this error:

make[1]: gcc: Command not found
make[1]: *** [cryptlib.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/deps/openssl-1.0.1g/crypto'
make: *** [build_crypto] Error 1

when I make openssl.

I have followed the guide exactly. I saw it just changed today, I am using openssl1.0.1g. I do still have perl and python installed, but I don't think that would do it. I set the path environment.

What am I doing wrong?
Jori

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:53:58 PM

I am getting this error:

when I make openssl.

I have followed the guide exactly. I saw it just changed today, I am using openssl1.0.1g. I do still have perl and python installed, but I don't think that would do it. I set the path environment.

What am I doing wrong?

Perl and Python do not interfere with compiling. Are you 100% sure that gcc is available in the PATH variable? Try to call it from a random location (not within the makefile), what do you see?
KaChingCoinDev

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:58:15 PM

I am getting this error:

when I make openssl.

What am I doing wrong?

Perl and Python do not interfere with compiling. Are you 100% sure that gcc is available in the PATH variable? Try to call it from a random location (not within the makefile), what do you see?

Oh. It says

sh: gcc: command not found
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:08:27 PM

Hmmmm I used to have a working lpng but now when rebuilding the libs with correct gcc I am getting this during qrencode build:
Code:
qrenc.c: In function 'writeANSI':
qrenc.c:584:3: warning: implicit declaration of function 'bzero' [-Wimplicit-fun
ction-declaration]
   bzero( buffer, buffer_s );
   ^
qrenc.c:584:3: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function '
bzero' [enabled by default]
mv -f .deps/qrencode-qrenc.Tpo .deps/qrencode-qrenc.Po
/bin/sh ./libtool --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc -I../libpng-1.6.10 -Wall -g -O2   -
o qrencode.exe qrencode-qrenc.o libqrencode.la -L../libpng-1.6.10/.libs ../libpn
g-1.6.10/.libs/libpng16.a ../../mingw32/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libz.a
libtool: link: gcc -I../libpng-1.6.10 -Wall -g -O2 -o qrencode.exe qrencode-qren
c.o  ./.libs/libqrencode.a -L../libpng-1.6.10/.libs ../libpng-1.6.10/.libs/libpn
g16.a ../../mingw32/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libz.a
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/deps/qrencode-3.4.3'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/deps/qrencode-3.4.3'

I also tried building with libpng-1.6.9 but it has the same error.  Any suggestions?

Jori

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:11:36 PM

I am getting this error:

when I make openssl.

What am I doing wrong?

Oh. It says

Then your path variable was not correctly set. Find it with echo %PATH% or echo $PATH.
nitrogenetics (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:44:03 PM

Hmmmm I used to have a working lpng but now when rebuilding the libs with correct gcc I am getting this during qrencode build:
Code:
qrenc.c: In function 'writeANSI':
qrenc.c:585:3: warning: implicit declaration of function 'bzero' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
   bzero( buffer, buffer_s );
   ^
qrenc.c:585:3: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'bzero' [enabled by default]

I also tried building with libpng-1.6.9 but it has the same error.  Any suggestions?

Configuring with --without-tools will get rid of the error, libqrencode will compile fine anyway.

KaChingCoinDev

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:12:37 AM

I am getting this error:

when I make openssl.

What am I doing wrong?

Oh. It says

Then your path variable was not correctly set. Find it with echo %PATH% or echo $PATH.

Got it fixed! Now I got all up to qrencode. Here is  my error on configure:

configure: error: in `/c/deps/qrencode-3.4.3':
configure: error: The pkg-config script could not be found or is too old.  Make
sure it
is in your PATH or set the PKG_CONFIG environment variable to the full
path to pkg-config.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables png_CFLAGS
and png_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.

To get pkg-config, see <http://pkg-config.freedesktop.org/>.
See `config.log' for more details

(Computername)@(Computername) /c/deps/qrencode-3.4.3
$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Any ideas?
meelvanchris

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:03:27 AM

After about 2,5 full days of struggeling i finally managed! yay me! Qt is working. And daemon is syncing up in the background as I type! Do have some more questions but that's for end of post.

*) Tysm Mr.Nitro! You are truly epic!! I don't have much or any btc or xpm. But i can send u some asiacoins for all ur hard work maybe? (send me addy if u want some =)   Anyways. Thought i'd leave some tips for the next person to struggle.

*) Seems obvious maybe, but follow all the steps to the letter.If something seems wrong, or not matching what it should . Re-cap /and or start
    over.

*) Step 1.3 took me least a few hours to figure out since i thought it would be ok just not to check and i didnt know where to look.
     -> Right click Computer -> properties -> advanced system settings -> enviorment variables.
    then in the bottom window look for paths and check if it matches what it states in step 1.3 (other own programs also put variables there..)

*) Typo's so many dots and slashes so many errors and even so many more headaches and so many start-over's. That is untill i figured out  
    that one could just copy paste into DOS and Shell. Maybe you all know but i sure didnt! Just copy, click top left window of the dos or shell
    screen for drop down menu, paste and voila!
    Also, can paste sections / multiple commands Dos and shell will execute commands one after the other. No need to think or make mistakes, all is
    already perfectly written down by Mr.Nitro.

*) Step 2.6 / qrencode had me going for a while. First with my typo's then with warnings after compile. But it's supposed to give those warnings.
    *** Warning: Trying to link with static lib archive ../../mingw32/i686-w64-mingw  *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link
    *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
    * ** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
    *** because the file extensions .a of this argument makes me believe
    *** that it is just a static archive that I should not use here.
    That is supposed to happen.

*) Step 3  bitcoin-0.9.1\src\makefile.include <- there just scroll down to where u see what u see in this post in step 3. Remove lines with - in front
    add lines with + in front. (or just edit those lines)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So again, thanks for this post Nitro and nice to see your keeping it updated. As for my questions for you or anyone who has the knowledge.
basically. What now? Smiley Ofc now i wanna make other wallets. Let's say, doge and or feathercoin wallets. Read enough to know that cant repeat what ive learned. But how do i go about doing that? (no need for details, i dont mind doing the work and learning in the (frustrating process) But if you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
Jori

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:02:55 PM

It is essentially the same. Refer to the build instructions of the cryptocurrency you want to compile for possible specific details. Perhaps it's a nice idea to compile namecoind as test  Wink?
meelvanchris

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:20:12 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 01:34:39 PM by meelvanchris

It is essentially the same. Refer to the build instructions of the cryptocurrency you want to compile for possible specific details. Perhaps it's a nice idea to compile namecoind as test  Wink?

Sounds like a plan. You may quiz me afterwards Wink
But before i bit myself in this next challenge. Practice makes perfect after all.  Namecoin is sha256, does it make much difference if i would choose a scrypt coin after that? Or any other algo for that matter? shouldnt matter ofc im thinking now =) (and sorry im not even a poser-coder... so i a have to ask Smiley) By build instructions u are referring to... ? (makefile.mingw? by any chance?)  Think i found m =) will look first next time befre asking.... Back for more q's later

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:10:14 PM

HoboNickels seems to compile just fine on my build system.

Nitro everytime I try to compile HoboNickels I get a non functioning executable. The HBN dev says that he hasn't been able to make a functioning 64 bit exe and therefore does not compile with mingw. Did the exe actually work for you?

KaChingCoinDev

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:29:08 PM

Do you have any ideas on my qren issue?
nitrogenetics (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:40:48 PM

Code:
configure: error: in `/c/deps/qrencode-3.4.3':
configure: error: The pkg-config script could not be found or is too old.  Make
sure it
is in your PATH or set the PKG_CONFIG environment variable to the full
path to pkg-config.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables png_CFLAGS
and png_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.

To get pkg-config, see <http://pkg-config.freedesktop.org/>.
See `config.log' for more details

(Computername)@(Computername) /c/deps/qrencode-3.4.3
$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Any ideas?

Make sure png_CFLAGS and png_LIBS are set correctly.

Nitro everytime I try to compile HoboNickels I get a non functioning executable. The HBN dev says that he hasn't been able to make a functioning 64 bit exe and therefore does not compile with mingw. Did the exe actually work for you?

32bit qt executable seems to be working fine.

So again, thanks for this post Nitro and nice to see your keeping it updated. As for my questions for you or anyone who has the knowledge.
basically. What now? Smiley Ofc now i wanna make other wallets. Let's say, doge and or feathercoin wallets. Read enough to know that cant repeat what ive learned. But how do i go about doing that? (no need for details, i dont mind doing the work and learning in the (frustrating process) But if you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Glad it helped Wink
Compiling most of the alt coins is pretty much the same, depending on the version some may need some patching. Others will need additional dependancies (gmp, mpfr, etc..)

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:52:43 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 04:14:51 PM by presstab

32bit qt executable seems to be working fine.

Does the instruction set on this thread produce a 32 bit exe or would there be additional steps I would need to follow?

EDIT - after reading through the instructions again, I believe that it does because there is an additional step with 64 bit binaries.

ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:38:23 PM

Code:
Building Bitcoin daemon...
PARAMS: BOOST_SUFFIX=-mgw46-mt-1_54 INCLUDEPATHS=" -I'../libs/boost_1_54_0' -I'.
./libs/openssl-1.0.1e/include' -I'../libs/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix' -I'../libs/mi
niupnpc-1.8'" LIBPATHS=" -L'../src/leveldb' -L'../libs/boost_1_54_0/stage/lib' -
L'../libs/openssl-1.0.1e' -L'../libs/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix' -L'../libs/miniupn
pc-1.8'" ADDITIONALCCFLAGS="-fno-guess-branch-probability -frandom-seed=1984 -Wn
o-unused-variable -Wno-unused-value -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-strict-aliasing"
g++ -c -fno-guess-branch-probability -frandom-seed=1984 -Wno-unused-variable -Wn
o-unused-value -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-strict-aliasing -mthreads -O2 -w -Wall -We
xtra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -D_MT -DWIN32 -DWIN32_L
EAN_AND_MEAN -D_WINDOWS -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DSTATI
CLIB -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -IC:/Users/Lorenzo/Desktop/GreenCoin -I- -ISource
/src/leveldb/include -IC:/Users/Lorenzo/Desktop/GreenCoin -I- -ISource/src/level
db/helpers -I'../libs/boost_1_54_0' -I'../libs/openssl-1.0.1e/include' -I'../lib
s/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix' -I'../libs/miniupnpc-1.8' -o obj/alert.o alert.cpp
cc1plus.exe: note: obsolete option -I- used, please use -iquote instead
cc1plus.exe: error: -I- specified twice
cc1plus.exe: note: obsolete option -I- used, please use -iquote instead
makefile.mingw:129: recipe for target 'obj/alert.o' failed
mingw32-make: *** [obj/alert.o] Error 1

!!!!!! Error! Build daemon failed.
Press any key to continue . . .

Any idea what this error is? I haven't edited makefile.mingw (besides to change litecoind and litecoin to be my test coins name).

EDIT: If I remove the lines in question, it compiles.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: