Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:43:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FIRST Feature-length Documentary on Bitcoin, 100% BITCOIN FUNDED!  (Read 26326 times)
Mosper

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 11:32:00 PM

Based on the trailer you have zero qualifications to be making a documentary about anything. Maybe a documentary about not knowing how to make a film. Hey wait if I watch the trailer under the assumption of it being about not knowing how to make a film then you are really bringing it home. Rock on.

Me? I'm just the cynical voice floating in the sea of unchecked optimism.
dmatthewstewart

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 01:16:09 AM

Monster Tent has the best idea in making multiple short parts. This way it can stay current and also at a later time can be watched together to show the whole larger picture. And if one section is slightly outdated by the end it wont matter because it will be understood by the viewer.

Also, releasing shorter parts will allow faster completion of each part ensuring faster market availability to the consumer. If Bitcoin was not changing so rapidly I would say "just make a single, standard, long documentary".

-Doug

MineForeman.com
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2013, 01:46:07 AM

Facebook page is in the making. Is there some plugin for wordpress I could use to automatically twitter my latest posts etc.?

The thing are after is called socialize, and it is part of the JetPack plugin suite by WordPress ( http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jetpack/ ).  It has a lot of other stuff in there that is really useful to, I use and recommend it.

Sound like a great project, don't let the neigh sayers discourage you from contributing to bitcoin in your own way using your own skills, if it was left to them nothing would ever have been done, including bitcoin itself.

Bitcoin News http://mineforeman.com/ || MinePeon - Bitcoin mining on the Raspberry PI http://mineforeman.com/minepeon/ || MinePeon Wiki http://minepeon.com/ || MinePeon Forums http://minepeon.com/forums/
GGGGG

Activity: 183

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 01:57:56 AM

Monster Tent has the best idea in making multiple short parts. This way it can stay current and also at a later time can be watched together to show the whole larger picture. And if one section is slightly outdated by the end it wont matter because it will be understood by the viewer.

Also, releasing shorter parts will allow faster completion of each part ensuring faster market availability to the consumer. If Bitcoin was not changing so rapidly I would say "just make a single, standard, long documentary".

-Doug

+1, I like this idea! Would be interesting to look back at the series and see how bitcoin developed and evolved... a 1-part documentary would be more like a snapshot into a specific time.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2013, 02:00:30 AM

how much will it cost when it comes out?

can i per-order?

rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 02:27:37 AM

Based on the trailer you have zero qualifications to be making a documentary about anything. Maybe a documentary about not knowing how to make a film. Hey wait if I watch the trailer under the assumption of it being about not knowing how to make a film then you are really bringing it home. Rock on.

True. I hope they can pay a talented editor with the funds raised.
flavius

Activity: 154

welcome to riches

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 02:36:14 AM

can i per-order?
Paying for videos.... is that even a thing anymore?

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 03:04:25 AM

Facebook page is in the making. Is there some plugin for wordpress I could use to automatically twitter my latest posts etc.?

The thing are after is called socialize, and it is part of the JetPack plugin suite by WordPress ( http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jetpack/ ).  It has a lot of other stuff in there that is really useful to, I use and recommend it.

Sound like a great project, don't let the neigh sayers discourage you from contributing to bitcoin in your own way using your own skills, if it was left to them nothing would ever have been done, including bitcoin itself.

YES! I am using that plugin already  Roll Eyes. With every page, post and media item, there are a couple of buttons from google+ via facebook all the way to Xing, you can click and follow our content. There is also the option to have new posts delivered to your email account or simply befriending our facebook page, which is currently under construction.
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 03:14:20 AM

I have to admit that we patched this teaser together in a hurry to stay within our schedule Roll Eyes
Its not done with the same amount of attention and skill that the final movie will. We are in exams period right now, thats why we had to rush things a bit. An overhauled version will be published shortly!

I also encourage everybody to make their own version of it. This is the spirit of the project. Free use and free to distribute, no rights reserved!
If somebody is interested in all of the unedited material available, let me know and Ill send them the files before the public repository is ready.
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 03:19:00 AM

can i per-order?

No, sry Adam, you cannot preorder Wink

All material will be published in time, free of charge with a free-to-use license. It will be made available openly on the net.
Our supporters however enjoy some privileges...

Have a look at our Donation Page to learn all about our Thank You Presents . Only so much: Supporters watch it first and get a hand signed DVD with tons of extras and unique content (among other crazy stuff!).

BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2013, 08:45:27 AM

You should think about releasing a series of short documentaries or films instead of a long format one.

Then you can concentrate on one individual or project at a time.
+1
Similar to how the BBC often puts together a long documentary as a series of shorter shows. Then you can do justice to parts that otherwise get passed over too quickly.

Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2013, 09:03:12 AM

I don't know what to think of the fact that more than 60% of your post were in /speculation/

I'll uningnore you for a this one.  Good luck
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2013, 10:20:00 AM

Get Ben Bernanke interviewed bwhahahahahaa! Cheesy

But seriously good luck Smiley
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 10:46:56 AM

I have to admit that we patched this teaser together in a hurry to stay within our schedule Roll Eyes
Its not done with the same amount of attention and skill that the final movie will. We are in exams period right now, thats why we had to rush things a bit. An overhauled version will be published shortly!

I also encourage everybody to make their own version of it. This is the spirit of the project. Free use and free to distribute, no rights reserved!
If somebody is interested in all of the unedited material available, let me know and Ill send them the files before the public repository is ready.

good
I would like to have those raw footage and make my own remix Cheesy
Jaques

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 11:16:44 AM

Uh, I guess it's a cool idea but I wouldn't expect it to get anywhere. You can only say "send money to someone on the internet for free instantly" so many times. It would also be nice if the speakers in the video didn't have the obnoxious accents, their English is poor.

There is already a bitcoin debit card, it's been out for a while now and it is by Mastercard......

You don't really need donations, manual labor is free.

Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2013, 01:01:04 PM

Nice.
 Smiley

cjgames.com
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 03:13:52 PM

I don't know what to think of the fact that more than 60% of your post were in /speculation/

I'll uningnore you for a this one.  Good luck

Yep, I came to Bitcoin for that, in 2011..
Over time I took it to my heart Wink
Now I want to make a movie about it.
A perfect love story.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 05:10:58 PM

you know who would be great to interview?  Alan Reiner, aka etotheipi who wrote Armory.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 07:00:28 PM

Good work, keep it up!  Smiley

Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 11:15:01 PM

You should think about releasing a series of short documentaries or films instead of a long format one.

Then you can concentrate on one individual or project at a time.
+1
Similar to how the BBC often puts together a long documentary as a series of shorter shows. Then you can do justice to parts that otherwise get passed over too quickly.

This is indeed a proposition worthwhile pondering on. My initial plan was to have a frame story of a common Bitcoiner that tries to succeed in his quest, which could be anything from mining to starting a Business or organising a conference, etc. I would follow him around with the camera and while his story is used to tell his tale, the watcher can identify with him, feel for him, while different aspects of Bitcoin would be focused on, like anonymity, monetary regulation, the Bitcoin community with its various projects, always leading back to him to connect the different fields. Everything would of course be real as this is a documentary. So the Bitcoiner's story has to be a true story as well.

Now with this proposition I see another approach to the movie. If I understand you correctly, you envision a short (30 min?) feature on lets say "mining", the next part of this larger Bitcoin series would be focused on "Silk Road" for example. This would of course result in a more thorough coverage of the topic(s) but would lack a narrative, which is the common Bitcoiner from my initial idea. It sounds more like a series for a pre educated audience, that already has a basic understanding of Bitcoin. My aspiration is to make movie, that gears towards a completely unexperienced audience to the common Bitcoin follower. I think by including the narrative structure of a main story one has more control over the arc of suspense and can create a more captivating movie. I am planning on making a 45 minute feature about Bitcoin. The topic maybe too dry/complicated to grasp for the inexperienced to keep them watching over the entire length. Therefore the element of a frame story (golden yarn) is neccessary in my opinion.

But why not making both? The two structures, the full length one for the casual viewer and an in-depth one for the eagerly interested could both be realized and use footage from one another. In the end of production of the 45 min. one, we will have hours and hours of material from many different areas, that could easily recombined to make shorter features of maybe 20-30 minute parts that will focus on specific aspects and give a clearer image. This is the beauty of this project, it could provide a repository for so many movies to come and everyone is invited to make their own. Free to use, free to share and distribute!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: