Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:12:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FIRST Feature-length Documentary on Bitcoin, 100% BITCOIN FUNDED!  (Read 26326 times)
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 11:17:24 PM

SO WHAT'S WITH QUESITION # 1?

1. Question: Who would you like to see on the Docu?

Haven't heard too many suggestions so far!  Wink
Keep 'em coming!
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 12:00:29 AM

I'd suggest looking at the Youtube series "How To Start Your Own Country".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syujTp5m5Vk

Not that you want to follow the style exactly but the idea that you take it in steps and explain each area of Bitcoin as a progression. He makes it quite amusing even though the subject of government and administering a country would have been a bit tedious in a normal documentary style.

In that video above he interviews people along the way as he figures it out for himself. The questions become the story line and the exploration of that revolves around people who are experts in each area.

Bowjob

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 12:05:20 AM

Nominating pirateat40 for the documentary.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 12:11:10 AM

I could see him in a rotating chair in a darkened room with pixelated face and voice obscuring device explaining why he did it and how misunderstood he is. ha ha.

Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 12:52:21 AM

You could hook Gavin Andresen up to a lie detector and ask if hes satoshi  Cheesy

00null

Activity: 148

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 04:24:33 AM

+1 Try it, if his ego is as huge as it was last year, you could probably manage to make him talk.

Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 02:03:50 PM

+1 Try it, if his ego is as huge as it was last year, you could probably manage to make him talk.

Will do, PM me for contact details! Or email me at info@bitcointhedocumentary.org
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 05:46:00 PM

I'd suggest looking at the Youtube series "How To Start Your Own Country".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syujTp5m5Vk

Not that you want to follow the style exactly but the idea that you take it in steps and explain each area of Bitcoin as a progression. He makes it quite amusing even though the subject of government and administering a country would have been a bit tedious in a normal documentary style.

In that video above he interviews people along the way as he figures it out for himself. The questions become the story line and the exploration of that revolves around people who are experts in each area.

Looks cool! Ill give it a watch!

Among other movies that inspired my recently is:
"King of Kong" its about a the little known sub-culture of Arcade Game Nerds, especially those seeking to hold the Wolrd Title in the original Donkey Kong.
Tachikoma

Activity: 938

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 06:36:48 PM

The only thing I would want to know is wether you have the qualifications to make a documentary. So far you have told us nothing about your background or which skills you possess that make this project feasible.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 07:11:09 PM

The only thing I would want to know is wether you have the qualifications to make a documentary. So far you have told us nothing about your background or which skills you possess that make this project feasible.

Im a Student of "Applied Media Science" at the Technical University of Ilmenau, Germany. My course of studies consists of theoretical elements of film (and other media) production, as well as practical ones. I have taken part in several film projects during my 3 years there on set and in the Marketing Department of a larger production.

My team consists of 4 students, doing their Master's Degree in "Media Technics", all have prior experience in practical film production and theoretical knowledge.

Our campus is equipped with the most up to date devices and infrastructure neccessary for recording and editing movies. All of witch are available to us. Different film projects are currently being developed there which an able community of young film makers, that can contribute to this project if need arises.

So we got the Know How, the Equipment and the Support to make this documentary reality. The only thing missing is MONEY!

To stay with the spirit of the Bitcoin project, I decided to raise funds exclusively with Bitcoin from the community that it comes from in the most transparent and open way possible instead of asking private or governmental film promotion funds to give me the money under some restrictive licenses.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 07:14:14 PM

Will do, PM me for contact details! Or email me at info@bitcointhedocumentary.org

His contact details and much more can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144321.0
Tachikoma

Activity: 938

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 07:18:41 PM

Im a Student of "Applied Media Science" at the Technical University of Ilmenau, Germany. My course of studies consists of theoretical elements of film (and other media) production, as well as practical ones. I have taken part in several film projects during my 3 years there on set and in the Marketing Department of a larger production.

My team consists of 4 students, doing their Master's Degree in "Media Technics", all have prior experience in practical film production and theoretical knowledge.

Our campus is equipped with the most up to date devices and infrastructure neccessary for recording and editing movies. All of witch are available to us. Different film projects are currently being developed there which an able community of young film makers, that can contribute to this project if need arises.

So we got the Know How, the Equipment and the Support to make this documentary reality. The only thing missing is MONEY!

To stay with the spirit of the Bitcoin project, I decided to raise funds exclusively with Bitcoin from the community that it comes from in the most transparent and open way possible instead of asking private or governmental film promotion funds to give me the money under some restrictive licenses.

Thank you for answering; I would update your opening post with this info.

A second thing I would add is your target; the amount of Bitcoin you need with a small financial overview. I don't mind helping out worthwhile projects but I want to know what my funds are being used towards.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 12:05:55 AM

Nice.
 Smiley

Hi Mageant,

Nice that you like it  Cheesy

If you could use your PR-boosting-Monster-machine to get us more attention, we would be happy to offer you and your service Premium Ad Space (small) on our site, a clickable logo (YES, because you are one of the first!), and a full DVD of the movie as layed out HERE in our sponsors page. Let's call it promotion.

What do you say?
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 12:09:38 AM

Based on the trailer you have zero qualifications to be making a documentary about anything. Maybe a documentary about not knowing how to make a film. Hey wait if I watch the trailer under the assumption of it being about not knowing how to make a film then you are really bringing it home. Rock on.

True. I hope they can pay a talented editor with the funds raised.

I have to admit that we patched this teaser together in a hurry to stay within our schedule Roll Eyes
Its not done with the same amount of attention and skill that the final movie will. We are in exams period right now, thats why we had to rush things a bit. An overhauled version will be published shortly!

I also encourage everybody to make their own version of it. This is the spirit of the project. Free use and free to distribute, no rights reserved!
If somebody is interested in all of the unedited material available, let me know and Ill send them the files before the public repository is ready.

good
I would like to have those raw footage and make my own remix Cheesy

Hi rudrigorc2,

Pls give us some days more to make an upload with all the content so far, because we are pretty busy right now (interview arrangements'n'stuff).

We'll have an announcement on this site when everything's ready. Make sure to check back in the coming days!

Can't wait to see the first spoofs Wink

flavius

Activity: 154

welcome to riches

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 03:22:04 AM

I can arrange some footage with a criminal, carder/assassin/fullz/computer hackers, etc, if you like.

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
DBG

Activity: 119

Digital Illustrator + Software/Hardware Developer

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:58:45 AM

Hey, I just wanted to wish your team the best of luck.  Personally the content I would like to see would mostly involve interviews with people outside of Germany (and travel isn't cheap these days x.x).  Perhaps you could arrange for a high-quality (aka better than Skype) two-way feed in these cases.  I'm personally most interested in three categories of people; 1) The mining pool operators (aka the people that operate "BTC Guild", "50BTC", etc) - 2) The software developers (those working on the main bitcoin client, as well as those who work on others apps and mining software) and 3) The hardware developers - these would probably be the hardest people to get interviews with, but all of those with successful (and possibly even unsuccessful) created ASIC hardware.

Just my two bitcents.  I understand that a majority of what I brought up is likely outside of the budget, but if I could create my "perfect bitcoin documentry", those would all be highly desired elements.  Also you might- great IRC distracted me and 20 mins later I have no idea what I could have possibly been getting ready to type.  Oh well, I'm sure it wasn't important =p.

Bitcoin - 3DTcMYT8SmRw4o4Lbq9cvm71YaUtVuNn29
Litecoin - MAoFYsBf7BzeK86gg6WRqzFncfwWnoYZet
/* Coins are never required but always appreciated if feeling generous! */
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 05:41:12 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2013, 05:56:49 PM by rudrigorc2

Based on the trailer you have zero qualifications to be making a documentary about anything. Maybe a documentary about not knowing how to make a film. Hey wait if I watch the trailer under the assumption of it being about not knowing how to make a film then you are really bringing it home. Rock on.

I have to admit that we patched this teaser together in a hurry to stay within our schedule Roll Eyes
Its not done with the same amount of attention and skill that the final movie will. We are in exams period right now, thats why we had to rush things a bit. An overhauled version will be published shortly!

I also encourage everybody to make their own version of it. This is the spirit of the project. Free use and free to distribute, no rights reserved!
If somebody is interested in all of the unedited material available, let me know and Ill send them the files before the public repository is ready.

good

Hi rudrigorc2,

Pls give us some days more to make an upload with all the content so far, because we are pretty busy right now (interview arrangements'n'stuff).

We'll have an announcement on this site when everything's ready. Make sure to check back in the coming days!

Where are you putting content? Do you need space? I could give you some GB in one ftp.

I wonder if you guys heard of Casey Neistat Grin

Also, you could dramatically reduce the budget only by asking people to submit their own videos like they did in the awesome Life in a Day
No need to travel far.
I think this is the way to go. You give some instructions, ask some questions to guide them on what you are thinking of, then, you get tons of footage, use the ones that fits better.

@topic

I would like miners, from the high datacenter owner tech guy to the guerrila one.
I would like to see a live transaction going on between two guys actually making a deal in real world, differente language and countrys too.
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 06:38:43 PM

good

Hi rudrigorc2,

Where are you putting content? Do you need space? I could give you some GB in one ftp.

I think MEGA will do. If space is too limited, I can just make multiple uploads and distribute files. Maybe I have to come back to your offer though, for the final movie in HD or something.

I wonder if you guys heard of Casey Neistat Grin

Not yet, he seems to have a cool style. Ill check him out later. Thx for the hint!

Also, you could dramatically reduce the budget only by asking people to submit their own videos like they did in the awesome Life in a Day
No need to travel far.
I think this is the way to go. You give some instructions, ask some questions to guide them on what you are thinking of, then, you get tons of footage, use the ones that fits better.

Thats what we are encouraging users to do: Send us your copyright free material and we'll use it in the final movie if it fits!
However, most part of the actual movie will be shot by us to assure a regular standard, style and direction. If anyone is interested in shooting their own material, get in touch with us and Ill make some suggestions on how we could incorporate it!

@topic

I would like miners, from the high datacenter owner tech guy to the guerrila one.
I would like to see a live transaction going on between two guys actually making a deal in real world, differente language and countrys too.

Thats a great idea! Ill put that in the movie! Thx, front page updated!
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 10:49:11 PM

UPDATE: Andreas & Andreas from Bitcoin Austria hosted me on their weekly BitcoinUpdate podcast. Learn more in our blog or head straight over to their site to listen to it! (first 10 min)

Angry Angry Angry   Huh   Roll Eyes   Grin Grin Grin
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 02:17:26 PM

This is very interesting! We need documentaries. There are pretty much none.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: