Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 03:52:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FIRST Feature-length Documentary on Bitcoin, 100% BITCOIN FUNDED!  (Read 26326 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 02:19:11 AM

Well, at least you're able to have on hand over the amount originally hoped for (post #2 of this thread) thanks to the exchange rate. https://blockchain.info/tx/684b728372b617cf78bcb8544028da48f1bde81e6591b8b4cae08f9424c71078

May I suggest offering the content free, whereupon you'll be more likely to garner more donations oppose to having to pay for it?

Do your best to keep us abreast, thus keeping any naysayers at bay. The last thing you fine lads need is spending time to defend yourselves for whatever reason.

Personally, I'm currently in route to Satoshi Forest to feed some homeless Thanksgiving dinner, albeit it's looking like it may not happen on Thursday, but it's not uncommon to have said feast on the immediate following weekend.

Next, I'm heading to Las Vegas to drum up support for Typhoon Haiyan Relief Fund.

I'll do my best to get some footage.

TMIBTCITW (The Most Interesting Bitcoiner In The World)
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:52:18 PM

Tomorrow on the 11th of December our team will visit Mr. Schwaab in the National Parliament of Switzerland and inquire on his parliamentary call to investigate the dangers of Bitcoin and potentially ban it which more then 50 parliamentarians have co signed. You can find his proposition here: http://www.parlament.ch/d/suche/seiten/geschaefte.aspx?gesch_id=20133687

A similar postulate has been submitted recently and has been signed by more then 40 parlamentarians asking to consider Bitcoin a legal currency: http://www.digitale-nachhaltigkeit.ch/2013/12/bitcoin/

Please let us know what to ask him if you have any questions for us, post it in the comments!

Relevant Reddit discussion: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1sgzzy/swiss_parliamentary_postulate_bitcoin_is_a/

Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364555.0
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 03:30:19 PM

hurry up, i cant wait to see the movie Smiley

Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:42:13 PM

We went to the Swiss Parliament, the Bern Bundeshaus to meet Mr. Schwaab that lodged a rather sceptical postulate to the parliament and while we were at it, ran into Mr. Weibel that wants to bring the Swiss government to accredit Bitcoin with official "Currency Status" with his very own postulate, both signed by a few dozen parliamentarians.

Both interviews were pretty good and enlightening, more on our blog at bitcointhedocumentary.org and soon in the donor's exclusive digital content section (P.S.: Donation thresholds will be reduced)!
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:56:48 PM

So we are in Switzerland at the moment to meet the local Bitcoin crowd and among them of course is core devolper Mike Hearn who lives in Zürich. We will catch up with Mike on the 17th this month to have a casual interview covering the relevant questions concerning the docu, like how Bitcoin works under the hood explained in simple terms and also how developing one of the most scrutinized technologies in the world feels like.
After the compulsory portion is done, Mike may answer some additional questions, questions of the Bitcoins fan base (insert your name here). So please let us know of any questions you may have on your mind for me to ask Mike on Tuesday.

Grüezi,
Johannes
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:21:35 AM

Thresholds to receive certain levels of our much loved Thank You Presents have been drastically reduced by almost 90%. The same goes for our valuable Sponsors packages that can be bought for a fraction of what it once was. If I was one of those electronic store mascots, I would call myself Crazy Joe's.
So hurry up and donate as long as they stay so cheap! When the first exclusive content will be released, thresholds may go up to cover our costs (financial statements for past months will be released shortly).
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:06:38 PM

No suggestions for questions to Mike yet?

C'mon!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 03:39:52 PM

No suggestions for questions to Mike yet?

C'mon!

BUmp!!! Any questions for Mike?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 03:40:06 PM

what does the thinks about the coming regulation in the US?

why does he live in zürich Smiley ?

why doesnt "he" (the foundation) add Zerocoin in BTC ? now zerocoin will be made as an own coin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=362468.msg3878992#msg3878992

remotemass
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1017

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 11:18:17 PM

Questions you may rise:

1) What characteristics would a cryptocurrency need to have to be much superior to bitcoin?
2) How possible it is to extend the number of decimal places in bitcoin?
3) How bitcoin exchanges work? How is the BTC price set?
4) How robots and other autonomous agents will use bitcoin?

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:11:04 PM

from our news section:

Switzerland trip recap:

Parlamentarian Thomas Weibel who want’s to make Bitcoin an officially recogniced currency in Switzerland

Parlamentarian Jean Christophe Schwaab who set out to ban Bitcoin (both interviewed).

Taking pictures and Cut away footage

Zürich riverside view

HSBC

Zürich town

According to the man, Switzerland’s largest mining operation

Visit at Bitcoin Swiss AG in Baar (sorry for my shaky cell phone pic)

German Wolpertinger (beware!)

Interviewing Mike Hearn on Zürichsee shore.

Some pics were taken with cell phone, some from camera footage. All unedited.

This trip was definetely a success. We got alot of quality interviews and good footage of physical Bitcoins, Litecoins and the mining farm (and of course of scenic Swiss towns). This trip concludes our some dozen scheduled trips all across Europe. More with 20-30 interviews and of course our main character who we followed around for 9 months. Maybe one or two other trips may come up if some quality interviews can be arranged in the coming months, among possible interviewees are the European Central Bank, the German Federal Police (BKA) and Julian Assange with who’s secretary I have been in touch and which current residence in London we payed a visit.

The following steps to take are to produce a quality teaser that uses our material and showcases what the final movie could look like and to seal a deal with some professional studio to do the editing and post production which lays ahead and will hopefully be finalized by late Spring next year.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 06:16:43 PM

LOOKING FUCKING GREAT!!! (caps intended)
Frost000

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:18:18 PM

I'm relatively new here but I must say that I enjoyed reading through this thread and can't wait to be able to see the finished film!

Good luck!
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:24:17 AM

http://netzkultur.berlinerfestspiele.de/#programm_18jan2014

Tomorrow on Saturday, the 18th of January the Berliner Festspiele ("Berlin Festivals") will screen the early version of our movie that we finalized when handing it in to our university in October. It includes scenes from interviews and has about 45 mins playtime. Although it is a very early version that lacks the whole story part and shows none of the final production volume of the anticipated release version, it will do the job to explain Bitcoins to a wider audience present at the event who wants to learn more about the different actors in Bitcoinland because the event`s main focus is on "Netzkultur", net culture. The 8pm slot is the one where Bitcoin will be introduced and discussed by a disperse audience and me with prior screening of the movie.

I was approached by the curators of the event because of my visual material and connections into the regional Bitcoin world. Bitcoinlike I will participate as a virtual presence over Skype Wink

Check it out if you like, other interesting points are also the agenda >>>http://netzkultur.berlinerfestspiele.de/#programm_18jan2014<<<

P.S.: Sorry for the late notice!
hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:49:04 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 01:03:43 AM by hlynur

bump

how are you guys doing?

how went the premiere of the early version?

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 03:10:11 AM

http://netzkultur.berlinerfestspiele.de/#programm_18jan2014

Tomorrow on Saturday, the 18th of January the Berliner Festspiele ("Berlin Festivals") will screen the early version of our movie that we finalized when handing it in to our university in October. It includes scenes from interviews and has about 45 mins playtime. Although it is a very early version that lacks the whole story part and shows none of the final production volume of the anticipated release version, it will do the job to explain Bitcoins to a wider audience present at the event who wants to learn more about the different actors in Bitcoinland because the event`s main focus is on "Netzkultur", net culture. The 8pm slot is the one where Bitcoin will be introduced and discussed by a disperse audience and me with prior screening of the movie.

I was approached by the curators of the event because of my visual material and connections into the regional Bitcoin world. Bitcoinlike I will participate as a virtual presence over Skype Wink

Check it out if you like, other interesting points are also the agenda >>>http://netzkultur.berlinerfestspiele.de/#programm_18jan2014<<<

P.S.: Sorry for the late notice!

Yes indeed an update would be great but what would have been awesome is if this pic was never posted.   Cry
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 05:37:32 AM

Let me guess. They received funding from Sunlot, thus getting some sun in some parking lot. Hope that's not Brock's car.

Can't wait to see the flick, guys.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:48:22 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 06:20:52 PM by QuestionAuthority

It's been about 14 months, will this be completed soon?

I don't think it took this long to write "War and Peace"!

hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:58:46 PM

2nd bump....(oh god not that pic again  Cheesy)

Seriously though, any update on your project would be highly appreciated.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:14:03 AM

If I don't get an update within 24 hours, I'm going to jack off to this image, especially the dude on the right.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: