Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:49:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please, stop having children. (Discussion about overpopulation)  (Read 10735 times)
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:52:49 PM

Our issue isnt living area for multiple billions extra, it is simply food/water resources.

Well hello tomorrow, hello technology... oh shit, we have religious nuts and tree hugging hippies.

Scientific world have tried numerious times to test new concepts ie. advancing technology of desalting seawater for drinkable water(yes its doable allready, just not affordably atm) , city center agriculture/skyscraper farms(this involves having farms of pretty much any type of vegetable/fruit inside skyscrapers specificly build for it)

Most of these advances are stunt by religious nuts/hippies who believe people should either live like nature or live by the bible(what a wealth of unusable dogma anyhow)

So personally I think the world will only be able to move into a genuine sustainable future when we start thinking(yes with our brains, not our hearts) and this would most likely only happen once we have decrease or eliminated the power religions who stick their fat fingers into our current futuristic lifestyle.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
josell

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 07:09:56 PM

I think that population control should improve, but that doesn't mean we should kill people or make abortions, but improve education. Control population is not make population to decrease, but make it sustentable.

A population decrease can be bad as well, like in Europe, which is going to be the old-people home of the world.

Planet and its animals destroy many of us (nature lovers o not) every day...  nature doesn't matters about us, it isnt good or bad, so I dont care about its health more than about the ours.

In fact, we are part of the earth, and therefore, kill ourselves implies kill the earth.

I like people that have no kids, because they are giving space for my future ones.
deadlizard

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:35:32 AM

i'll have as many kids as i want to thank you very much
tradgedy of the commons etc ....
In terms of the entire world's population, those who can afford computers with GPUs are well off.
good point. I must have been in a bad mood last night ...

btc address:1MEyKbVbmMVzVxLdLmt4Zf1SZHFgj56aqg
gpg fingerprint:DD1AB28F8043D0837C86A4CA7D6367953C6FE9DC

Vinnie

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:04:51 AM

lol I have one 4 year old with another due in September. Hoping child #3 will actually be child #3 AND #4 what with twins. Hoped the same thing for #2 but oh well. Yeah.... fuck you all ima overpopulating the world!

Anonymous Cash-By-Mail Exchange: https://www.bitcoin2cash.com
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:30:11 AM

The world cannot be overpopulated, so long as private property rights are understood and enforced. Have a million children if you so wish - it will create a million new minds and productive bodies. People, in general, are not parasites on the planet. We produce more than we consume, on net, and this computer on which I type is proof of that.

Overpopulation is a non-issue. The real issue is ensuring those who are born, live in a society that respects their individual rights.
josell

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:58:58 AM

The world cannot be overpopulated, so long as private property rights are understood and enforced. Have a million children if you so wish - it will create a million new minds and productive bodies. People, in general, are not parasites on the planet. We produce more than we consume, on net, and this computer on which I type is proof of that.

Overpopulation is a non-issue. The real issue is ensuring those who are born, live in a society that respects their individual rights.
Amen. I agree with you. Respect and humans right have to be the priority; anything else will come automatically (sustentability, for example).
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 06:10:52 AM

I like people that have no kids, because they are giving space for my future ones.

I like people who have kids they can't afford, because they are creating future sweat-shop workers.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
fascistmuffin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 06:19:48 AM

Amen. I agree with you. Respect and humans right have to be the priority; anything else will come automatically (sustentability, for example).

If only human greed and the struggle for power didn't get in the way. I really want to do a social experiment (maybe I should look up if it's be done) that involves taking very intelligent, scientist like people and isolate them in their own society and see what develops there.
josell

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 09:52:25 PM

I like people who have kids they can't afford, because they are creating future sweat-shop workers.
fortunately, it is not my case. :-D
deadlizard

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:49:45 AM

fortunately, it is not my case. :-D
People are a commodity. The more there are the less their worth.

btc address:1MEyKbVbmMVzVxLdLmt4Zf1SZHFgj56aqg
gpg fingerprint:DD1AB28F8043D0837C86A4CA7D6367953C6FE9DC

niemivh

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 02:01:27 AM

Tragically anyone who has the understanding to be concerned with this problem is not the people who shouldn't be having kids, but those that should be.  Do you think that the people with no care or understanding of this issue have stopped having children?

I'll keep my politics out of your economics if you keep your economics out of my politics.

16LdMA6pCgq9ULrstHmiwwwbGe1BJQyDqr
slippyrocks

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

respecttheslider

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:59:17 AM

Overpopulation is and will only be an issue in the eastern hemisphere were everyone is poor and stupid.

Two of the largest countries in the West: the USA and Brazil burn the consumables corn and sugar for gasoline.

OP is a total ignoramus; this appears to more about finger banging mother earth a humans are poison mentality.

Get with it folks if you don't work the government will bring in ..Mexicans and Asians to do it.

If you don't make babies the government is more than glad to bring in ..Mexicans and Asians to do it.

Don't forget the foreigners don't wait until forty something to have children either.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 09:07:22 PM

Might be good advice for most African countries.

Apart from that, I DISAGREE with the OP, VHEMT CoE and other morons.

In developed countries we actually need people to have MORE children.

Signature space available for rent.
benjamindees
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 09:55:42 PM

Why?

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 11:10:55 PM

Why?

Because the population is aging.

Signature space available for rent.
benjamindees
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 11:15:26 PM

Because the population is aging.

And?

done

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 11:38:51 PM

live and let live  Cool

Technology will take care of your concerns in time
TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 07:29:19 AM

1st world nations have a negative population growth(this does not include immigration, but procreation).  Any industrial nation will develop a negative poulation growth.  The Elites of the world know this.  But instead of allowing 2nd and 3rd world nations to develop and achieve this(as well as a self sufficient economy) they keep these countries in misery and enact population control protocols such as GMO and vaccine induced sterilization/elimination.  Why else do you think people in Africa run now when Western Doctors come with vaccines in hand and refuse to eat food supplied from abroad.  These people are learning.

When people start to see there are Malevolent people pulling the strings at the top they can actually start fighting back.

Anyone that subscribes to this Overpopulation Propaganga is just an intellectual slave in their Matrix.
bitcoin0918

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 03:13:43 PM

Please have more children! We need more division of labor! The ability to specialize brings technological progress in all fields, whether science, engineering, medicine, etc. The ability to pursue a career in a field that you enjoy is only made possible by the fact that all other necessities have been taken care of for you. The Renaissance was only possible once people had free time to think.
TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 03:52:34 PM

This not true at all.  The Renaissance stemmed from people being released from the confines of a Feudal/Monarchical system of control.  In 13th century Italy, where it had it's beginnings(and spread over centuries from there) people were experiencing Political and Social freedoms.  This intellectual awakening flowed into more than just the Political and Social realms.  When people are free you will see them reach far beyond their grasp and accomplish amazing things.

The opposite it also true, as we can see around the world today where we are all being put back under the slavemasters boot.  Who can argue against the fact we are all being dumbed down worldwide by Government controlled Education.  Toss a little Flouride and Mercury laced Vaccines into the mix and you've got a nice little Labotomy for the General Population.

Please have more children! We need more division of labor! The ability to specialize brings technological progress in all fields, whether science, engineering, medicine, etc. The ability to pursue a career in a field that you enjoy is only made possible by the fact that all other necessities have been taken care of for you. The Renaissance was only possible once people had free time to think.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: