Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:25:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Bitcoin Anonymous Enough For You?
Yes - 53 (55.8%)
No - 27 (28.4%)
Better options available - 7 (7.4%)
Yes, but could be improved - 8 (8.4%)
Total Voters: 95

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Anonymous Enough For You?  (Read 7576 times)
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 07:04:03 AM

People will think i'm weird for saying this but I think Bitcoin should be linked in some way to the Government and deposited in banks, this way Bitcoin will be insured by the Government. If it were like this it would be pretty transparent, which is fine for me, most people don't need anonymity. But then again most people don't want people to know what you've bought, it's kinda creepy.

It doesn't have to be Bitcoin, they can issue their own coin if they want to but the government operating on the blockchain would definitely be a big improvement, transparency being the key upgrade. Personally I'm not fussed about anonymity and I doubt most people would want to waste their time snooping in other people's affairs.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 07:46:47 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2016, 08:21:53 AM by Kotone

Would you, if asked, personally consider Bitcoin anonymous enough for your needs? Does it lack privacy features? Would you consider Bitcoin anonymous, semi-anonymous or transparent?

Do you want an anonymous crypto currency?

Yes. Bitcoin is Anonymous for me. Because you don't know whos holding that Address. You don't know exactly where they are. You don't know if how many is his/her total Earnings. But 1 thing is for sure, you know his/her transactions. But for me, Bitcoin is still anonymous. You can also use it to transact anonymously. Some other websites use this currency to anonymously transact using bitcoin to buy illegal items.

LightPulsar07

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:13:39 AM

Yes Bitcoin is anonymous for me because no one knows whose address is in that transaction secondly you can make another
address to send a payment which adds to anonymity of bitcoin lastly no more personal details can be use to make online purchases
unlike debit/credit card.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 09:47:05 AM

Yes Bitcoin is anonymous for me because no one knows whose address is in that transaction secondly you can make another
address to send a payment which adds to anonymity of bitcoin lastly no more personal details can be use to make online purchases
unlike debit/credit card.

For my usage, as I only use the bitcoin for legitimate transactions, the bitcoin is anonymous enough for me.
Sorrowfox

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 09:51:30 AM

Would you, if asked, personally consider Bitcoin anonymous enough for your needs? Does it lack privacy features? Would you consider Bitcoin anonymous, semi-anonymous or transparent?

Do you want an anonymous crypto currency?

Well as for me, my answer is no. It still lacks anonimity for me. Specially in creating blockchain wallet where emails are required and also the name of the one creating. It still needs to be verified. Like here in our country, the blockchain wallet we have requires us to submit i.d and have video chat with them so they can increase the limit of our transactions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to: