Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:34:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How long is "Long Term" to you?  (Voting closed: June 20, 2016, 07:32:52 PM)
3 months? - 3 (5.3%)
6 months? - 1 (1.8%)
A year? - 8 (14%)
2 years? - 6 (10.5%)
5 years or more? - 39 (68.4%)
Total Voters: 57

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LONG TERM BITCOIN BUYERS  (Read 9549 times)
Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2016, 03:58:18 PM

From halving to halving is the best strategy, so four years is the best term for me, maybe price will be even higher than this year and people will get more profit.

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hide_ip112

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:00:59 PM

From halving to halving is the best strategy, so four years is the best term for me, maybe price will be even higher than this year and people will get more profit.

Thought that was pretty good, it's true halving occurred 4 years. Because the cause of halving depends on trade. But I think not all halving will impact the same and it needed a another factor in rising prices. I think if the user bitcoin already many and more from now, the price of the bitcoin can go up whenever.
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:12:08 PM

In traditional investments, long term is most often considered to be a minimum of 5 years. But bitcoin seems to live its life in hyper drive, hence the question to the bitcoin world, what is long term to the average bitcoin investor?
too much risk if we consider to buy and hold for long term,if we keep bitcoin in 5 years,its unpredict and we have chance to lost some big price,throw back if i keep some bitcoin in 2011,and now have 5 years pass,its good time to open wallet and sell at last week,and if open on today,the profit more less.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:56:11 PM

market really is so volatile
I agree. This is actually why I think bitcoin is better to be profited at a short term scheme than of a long term.
Because I've actually seen one pattern of bitcoin's value. I'm still not 100% sure but it is a good profit scheme in a mid-long term run.
Maesters1-

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 10:16:00 AM

i think by long term investment it mean 1 to 2 years of duration. and from short term investment it means the investment for hours and days. some tie i do long term investment and on regular basis i do long term investment i personally like short time investment. i do a little earning from it but do it continuously.
Schuyler

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

If you take into consideration the amount of time bitcoin has been in existence, 2 years would already be a long term. But once we reach a point where bitcoin is already in its developed stages and the price has sort of stabilized, I think long term could mean 5 or 10 or even 20 years.
bitcoinci.com

Activity: 172

bitcoin bitcoinci den alınır . bitcoinci

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 11:57:24 PM

best time for investing long term into btc . maybe 1 year is short time , but in crypto world its a bit long .
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 12:14:49 AM

In traditional investments, long term is most often considered to be a minimum of 5 years. But bitcoin seems to live its life in hyper drive, hence the question to the bitcoin world, what is long term to the average bitcoin investor?

Long term for bitcoins, in my opinion, is 6 to 7 years. But given the recent worldwide major changes in the economy bitcoin nowadays is not suggested to invest in longterm. Longterm for bitcoins nowadays is 4 to 6 months time but it must be monitored daily since the price unstbalility  occurs very often with major difference. So it is wise not to keep bitcoins in long term and its best to just trade it and not invest it.
akogwapo14

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 12:19:22 AM

For long term of bitcoin it's hard to predict,The value of bitcoin is changing rapidly every year the early adopters receive the big benefit of this kind of investment but no one knows if the price still go higher every year
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 12:23:21 AM

Bitcoin opportunity to make cash always happens in around 6 months soo hold for a an high period makes no sense for the most as they wanna be part of the pump and dump, this year bitcoin changed a lot on the last 6 months a lot who didn't sold their coins before has now a unique opportunity to sell them with the new value after halving.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 07:17:25 AM

If you ask me 5 years or more is enough to say that it's long term because if you have many bitcoin at least 10 it will be the best range for you to hold your bitcoin because every year the price of bitcoin is continue rising so after 5 years or more i think it's the best to sell all your coins and go home with that great amount of money that you earned.
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 09:32:16 AM

I think best investment is 5 years, but when i started investment with bitcoin, than i realize when you get profit than sell your bitcoins, it is a good and easy way, but it depend on us, which type we are doing investment if you have good investor than should do long term investment.
Ryananda

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 10:13:30 AM

If we buy bitcoin will certainly be very beneficial in the long term if prices continue to rise. We will have many advantages if we buy and then store it until the price goes up, it will be able to get a big advantage in the long run. But it is also risky because bitcoin prices always fluctuate so we do not know whether prices will rise or fall.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 11:13:53 AM

I agree. This is actually why I think bitcoin is better to be profited at a short term scheme than of a long term.
Because I've actually seen one pattern of bitcoin's value. I'm still not 100% sure but it is a good profit scheme in a mid-long term run.

Actually it depends on how you handle the risks, most investing experts with their books and all often say the longer the investment, the lower is the risk. Not pretty sure if that's truly the case with BTCBTCBTC but I guess it applies.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 12:44:49 PM

Actually it depends on how you handle the risks, most investing experts with their books and all often say the longer the investment, the lower is the risk. Not pretty sure if that's truly the case with BTCBTCBTC but I guess it applies.

bitcoin will continue to evolve and I think not only be stable hold at the same price as today. the potential for increased future is quite high. so bitcoin could certainly do that, the longer we invest will be more profitable.

rinhunter

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 12:56:21 PM

For me not only 5 years, but I usually sell when the time is right and of course also got profit. I don't holding too long, I don't want to take risk because Bitcoin price is unpredictable.
croutonhexagon

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 12:58:20 PM

Well i am thinking to hold bitcoin for long terms but i fear that if price drop down because now itself it's price is stable and I think traders are less conscious about bitcoin rather they trade with other altcoins. Those good days of bitcoin had gone now Cry

xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 01:02:13 PM

long term for me is 5 years, seems like i prefer short term investment rather than long term investment, I am just afraid one day the government will banned this coin due to the illegal things that people bought using bitcoin, so i prefer to do short investing in bitcoin

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 01:03:05 PM

They are going to come from developing countries with high inflation, because it is going to prevent their asset from losing it value since the value of Bitcoin is expected to go up provided everything works according to Satoshi plan

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 01:09:11 PM

long term for me is 5 years, seems like i prefer short term investment rather than long term investment, I am just afraid one day the government will banned this coin due to the illegal things that people bought using bitcoin, so i prefer to do short investing in bitcoin

as with all long term investments, we don't know the end result. people can assume the price will go up to much higher levels in the coming years, but assumptions don't have any value. especially here on this forum. if you really plan to hold your coins for 5 years, then you'll either get very happy due to the profits that you have made, or you'll end up being disappointed as the price went even down. be prepared for everything and stay calm.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: