Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:32:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BRK] Breakout Chain | Coin Sale Complete | Multicurrencies | Gaming + eSports  (Read 318490 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 11:27:30 AM

there is no news about the roadmap or any develop information,the twitter is always about bitcoin or eth and so on

Always slack. Some github fixes are being pushed this week. That's coin side.

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MarioBrk

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 10:37:32 PM

Posted originally on Slack this morning  -

Breakout Gaming & BRK - Current Status

The Breakout Gaming Group has multiple game-related properties now active, and several more are in development pending launch.

As anticipated, each of the properties owned and managed by Breakout will have different factors that will determine the degree of BRK integration that will be possible, generally because of regulatory or compliance reasons.

A summary of each property and their current status as it pertains to the use of BRK follows.  Time estimates provided are dependent on 3rd party developers or regulators and subject to change.

BreakoutPoker.net - This free play only poker site will never accept "consideration" for play; i.e. the site will not charge or accept fiat or cryptocurrency for play as it is not a gambling site.  The site will, however, continue to award free BRK, Game Store gift cards, free PvP account deposits and other prizes as and when available.  Providing BRK to players helps the group acquire new members, some of which may choose to register and play on one of our real money sites, and/or purchase games from the Breakout Game Store.

BreakoutPvP.com - Our competitive play eSports platform, featuring both CS:GO and Minecraft for real money play, is completely denominated in BRK.  Direct deposits and withdrawals using BRK are available, and player's account balances are also in BRK.  Players who choose to make a deposit using their credit card or other supported method will have their deposits converted into a BRK purchase from the market, thereby increasing demand on the currency.

BreakoutGameStore.com - The new digital download game store is currently denominated in USD, EUR, GBP and BRL and does not accept BRK for payment, but this will change soon as a processing solution is finalized.  The store will also serve as the Breakout Rewards Store in the future, providing members with program benefits, merchandise, and other items we know they will love!

BreakoutGaming.com - Our primary real money gambling site is denominated in USD due to regulatory restrictions that currently will not license us for BRK play.  We are applying for a new license that will allow BRK deposits and withdrawals, and expect to have that in place within a short period of time.  While player balances will be in USD, the company will be backing all player account funds with BRK purchased from the market.

The pending BreakoutLotto and BreakoutFantasy sites will both be fully denominated in BRK and will accept both BRK and fiat currency deposits and withdrawals.  As with our PvP site, fiat deposits will be transferred into BRK purchases from the market.

Breakout is also committed to increasing the number of online merchants that are able to accept BRK for transaction payments.  To this end we have recently integrated with CoinPayments, and are completing our own proprietary processing app.

gomei

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 03:24:10 PM

The Breakout Gaming Group has multiple game-related properties now active, and several more are in development pending launch.

As anticipated, each of the properties owned and managed by Breakout will have different factors that will determine the degree of BRK integration that will be possible, generally because of regulatory or compliance reasons.

A summary of each property and their current status as it pertains to the use of BRK follows.  Time estimates provided are dependent on 3rd party developers or regulators and subject to change.

BreakoutPoker.net - This free play only poker site will never accept "consideration" for play; i.e. the site will not charge or accept fiat or cryptocurrency for play as it is not a gambling site.  The site will, however, continue to award free BRK, Game Store gift cards, free PvP account deposits and other prizes as and when available.  Providing BRK to players helps the group acquire new members, some of which may choose to register and play on one of our real money sites, and/or purchase games from the Breakout Game Store.

BreakoutPvP.com - Our competitive play eSports platform, featuring both CS:GO and Minecraft for real money play, is completely denominated in BRK.  Direct deposits and withdrawals using BRK are available, and player's account balances are also in BRK.  Players who choose to make a deposit using their credit card or other supported method will have their deposits converted into a BRK purchase from the market, thereby increasing demand on the currency.

BreakoutGameStore.com - The new digital download game store is currently denominated in USD, EUR, GBP and BRL and does not accept BRK for payment, but this will change soon as a processing solution is finalized.  The store will also serve as the Breakout Rewards Store in the future, providing members with program benefits, merchandise, and other items we know they will love!

BreakoutGaming.com - Our primary real money gambling site is denominated in USD due to regulatory restrictions that currently will not license us for BRK play.  We are applying for a new license that will allow BRK deposits and withdrawals, and expect to have that in place within a short period of time.  While player balances will be in USD, the company will be backing all player account funds with BRK purchased from the market.

The pending BreakoutLotto and BreakoutFantasy sites will both be fully denominated in BRK and will accept both BRK and fiat currency deposits and withdrawals.  As with our PvP site, fiat deposits will be transferred into BRK purchases from the market.

Breakout is also committed to increasing the number of online merchants that are able to accept BRK for transaction payments.  To this end we have recently integrated with CoinPayments, and are completing our own proprietary processing app.

why not to official announce here from dev?

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
MR1
Legendary

Activity: 927

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 04:11:33 PM

why not to official announce here from dev?

You can take it as an official announcement as Mario has been appointed as the BRK community manager.
MarioBrk

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 06:02:32 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2016, 02:50:56 AM by MarioBrk

Thank you MR1  Wink
As the community Manager I will be posting updates here as they come in.  There are some items in the new client build from James I am excited about.   The new client build (1.4.5.0) will be up on github this afternoon. Until then here's a brief summary of some of the changes. A more detailed post will be forthcoming including network configuration instructions.

We have integrated several ways for the client to connect with a network. Users can connect with built-in or external Tor for privacy, clear net (for users behind government firewalls like China) or combinations thereof for infrastructure and seed nodes. We have also ensured the client will be supported on operating systems back to Windows XP, which can run on a vast array of hardware.  It can also be built on raspbian, which is supported by ultra-inexpensive computers and embedded devices. Such availability means BRK will have a much wider possible user base.

More details on fixes and additions
Fork Changes occur on 11/25 at midnight PST
1. Breakout now has a clear net option (built-in tor was  the only previous option). Any node will be able to be a tor-clearnet bridge, and can connect to both networks or either exclusively. This is mostly to enable users behind government firewalls (e.g. China) to connect to the network.
2. Tor has been updated to the latest version, fixing some bugs in the previous. This is already available for download as an rPi release, but will now go into all clients.
3. Updated the Qt building process, to make full use of built-in libcrypto++, making compilation of the Qt possible by Joe Average user on linux. I will make an Ubuntu 16 release as well.
4. Fixed card staking. This was a tough bug and required about 3 times as much testing as debugging. But I think it is fixed. Cards should stake very easily now.
5. Corrected BRK inflation to 5% from 2.5%. This should help the value of BRX without a significant impact on BRK.
6. Checkpoints, and standard maintenance.
7. Stake splitting much more optimized for the staker.

https://github.com/BreakoutCoin/Breakout-Chain-Client

Temporary Links for Breakout 1.4.5.0 (these will be moved to github soon)
OS X:   https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6l3hme6694g410/Breakout-Qt-1.4.5.0-OSX.dmg?dl=0
Raspbian:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9zbdq1lqv6d11s/breakoutd-1.4.5.0-rpi.tar?dl=0
Windows:   https://www.dropbox.com/s/4961xmyz670ebg3/BreakoutChain-1.4.5.0-Win32.zip?dl=0

MarioBrk

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 06:16:07 PM

How to Configure Your Breakout Chain Networks

The newest *Breakout Chain* release (1.4.5.0) allows users to connect to either both Tor and clear networks using flags in the _breakout.conf_ configuration file. This configuration file is at the following locations:

Windows:  `%appdata%\Breakout\breakout.conf`
Mac: `${HOME}/Library/Application Support/Breakout/breakout.conf`
Linux: `${HOME}/.breakout/breakout.conf`

To get the _%appdata%_ folder on Windows, find the "Run" command either in the windows menu (Windows 7 and below) or by using the search feature to find the command named "Run". In the dialog, type `%appdata%` to open the _%appdata%_ folder (Windows 8 and above).

On Mac, find the _Application Support_ folder by going to the Finder:
   - Clicking Go
   - Click on Go To Folder
   - Enter `~/Library/Application Support/` in the dialog

The _breakout.conf_ file must be edited with a real text editor. On Windows, use Notepad, and on OS X download the free TextWrangler software from the AppStore (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/textwrangler/id404010395). On Linux use vim, emacs, pico, nano, gedit, or similar. Please _DO NOT_ attempt to edit the _breakout.conf_ file with the built in OS X program called TextEdit.

The Tor network can be accessed through the built-in Tor that comes with *Breakout Chain* or with external Tor that can be downloaded from https://www.torproject.org/download/download.html

*IMPORTANT*  Any time you use external Tor, you need to also run the Tor browser on the same computer to provide the external Tor network.

For external Tor, you only need to run the Tor browser and it will provide Tor for you at port 9150.

*Settings Added to _breakout.conf_ for Various Configurations*

_Internal Tor Only_: no customizations are needed for the breakout.conf file

_External Tor Only_: add the following two lines:
```    onlynet=torext
    torext=127.0.0.1:9150

_Clearnet Only_: add the following two lines:
```    onlynet=ipv4
    addnode=162.254.24.181
```

_Tor-Clearnet Bridge with internal Tor_ (both networks on the same node):
```    onlynet=tor
    onlynet=ipv4
    addnode=162.254.24.181
```

_Tor-Clearnet Bridge with external Tor_ (both networks on the same node):
```    onlynet=ipv4
    onlynet=torext
    torext=127.0.0.1:9150
    addnode=162.254.24.181
```

TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 08:28:17 PM

How about this thing gets moving on the charts too (yes, accum. phase i know) but holy shit baghold city over here still! WTF.
MarioBrk

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 04:03:30 AM

Here is a link to a more formal detailed post regarding the new client build 1.4.5.0 

Blog Post
http://breakoutjournal.com/breakout-chain-update-v1-4-5-0/

Github Release
https://github.com/BreakoutCoin/Breakout-Chain-Client/releases/tag/v1.4.5.0

Winalunt

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

Tell Me What A Man Is Without Pride .

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 08:29:28 AM

but holy shit baghold city over here still! WTF.

get ur body ready .
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 09:26:17 AM

How about this thing gets moving on the charts too (yes, accum. phase i know) but holy shit baghold city over here still! WTF.

Maybe this has been explained before can someone link me to that post if so.
If i want to play poker or fantasy sports on the site and i have the choice to pay with Btc or Brk and i need  Btc to buy Brk why would i buy Brk at all ?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
crazywack
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 09:27:44 AM

If i want to play poker or fantasy sports on the site and i have the choice to pay with Btc or Brk and i need  Btc to buy Brk why would i buy Brk at all ?

Poker will be monetized in BRK eventualy. And you can already purchase it via a credit card.

MarioBrk

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 06:09:50 PM

Here is a link to a more formal detailed post regarding the new client build 1.4.5.0 

Blog Post
http://breakoutjournal.com/breakout-chain-update-v1-4-5-0/

Github Release
https://github.com/BreakoutCoin/Breakout-Chain-Client/releases/tag/v1.4.5.0

BRX stakers should take note of the new 20 BRK block sizes coming after midnight 11/26 with this new build.
MarioBrk

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 07:31:21 PM

Fork changed to Tuesday - Posted on slack this morning from James.

"Hey everyone, I just checked the code and realized I moved the fork to Tuesday. I originally scheduled it for today, but realized it was the midnight of Thanksgiving and moved it back in case I was traveling. After my travel plans solidified and wasn't traveling today, I forgot to move the time back to the original time, which would be in 7 minutes. So the fork is actually Tuesday. That is when double blocks start."
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 09:10:27 PM

"Hey everyone, I just checked the code and realized I moved the fork to Tuesday. I originally scheduled it for today, but realized it was the midnight of Thanksgiving and moved it back in case I was traveling. After my travel plans solidified and wasn't traveling today, I forgot to move the time back to the original time, which would be in 7 minutes. So the fork is actually Tuesday. That is when double blocks start."

What does this mean?  Does it mean that the maximum supply of breakoutcoin is increasing?  Does it also mean that its current value will decrease due to a larger supply rate?  What is the significance of these changes and what are the possible consequences of these actions?  Can somebody explain the reasoning here?
BTCTT

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 11:01:23 PM

What does this mean?  Does it mean that the maximum supply of breakoutcoin is increasing?  Does it also mean that its current value will decrease due to a larger supply rate?  What is the significance of these changes and what are the possible consequences of these actions?  Can somebody explain the reasoning here?

The actual rate today is 2.5% the rate need to be 5% as per original design.
So the fork should fix this by increasing the staking reward to 20 BRK instead of 10.
so no the maximum supply of BRK is not increasing from the original 5%.
Tortoise75

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 01:08:08 PM

I just noticed the download links in the OP still point to the 1.4.2.0 version instead the new 1.4.5.0.
Moolah.lol

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 08:31:37 PM

Lets see:

-Platform released: Check
-No pump: Check

Guess who's right once again? There was to be no epic pump following platform release.

inb4 'pump' from 3-4k to 6k average. Tell that to the majority comprised of ICO investors who bought near 20k satoshis or the non-ICO yet early buyers who bought around 13k. This is still a major failure for all early adopters. The only ones who benefit are the 1% who bought it low when I said (many times) that this was going to be much lower than the majority assumed. Honestly, those stuck in a rut, don't bother averaging down. Your 'hope' and 'belief' in this project got you nowhere but lost money, if you plan on losing even more money by doing the exact same thing then that it your (unfortunate) prerogative. If you absolutely have to insist on staying involved (in other words, stuck) with this project, then continue to 'hope' that you break even at best. Hey, at least you can dump lower than entry since BTC price climbed.

Not to mention the regulation issues where US and other major countries are unable to actually gamble. A severely limited customer base, especially first-world countries, is quite possibly one of the worst issues a project like this can face as it's value relies heavily on customers. VPN in a 'solution' but it is not a common solution. Mandate VPNs across all American households and then you've got something, until then, you can't expect everyone to use a VPN (especially since the majority don't even know what a VPN is).

I enjoy the breakout team's enthusiasm, but these guys are beating on a dead horse. They are not going to be pioneers of anything. This whole breakout project will be written in history as nothing more than a failed attempt, as with 99.5% of crypto. It shouldn't come as a surprise, really.

Marketing has not started...the project is still in Beta! Lets see where we are in Jan/Feb

Just eSport if done right can bring a significant amount of players...

End of the day it's all about marketing and having a good product.

The www.breakoutgaming.com looks great!

Jan/Feb?

Hmm...one things for sure, BRK is going back to 2.5-3k sats. That's a fact. I haven't been wrong once, and looking at the charts, its pretty obvious.

We have a prophet... lool

you might be right about the price but you wrong about everything else

look at the road map before talking S****

Look at the current price.

Prophet? No, I just know how to read charts. I wasn't kidding when I said it was obvious. It seems that in here talking 'shit' is defined as trying to help people out.  I've been in crypto longer than most of you and understand that people dont want to hear any realistic criticisms and negativity about a coin they 'believe' in. I get it.

Nobody asked for my help, you are correct, but I provided it regardless..in good faith.

I just hope more people ,(than the handful who pm'ed me and thanked me), heeded my warning and dodged a bullet to their wallet. For what it's worth, this is the last time you'll hear from me in here or about this coin in general. I will leave with my last piece of advice regarding BRK...dont buy to hold until a clean break past 12k sats. Anything below is literally gambling, and the odds are absolutely against you.
crazywack
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 07:33:47 AM

I really didn't think this would drop below 3k.  Sad day to break even now.

m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 09:36:20 AM

What fascinated me most about BRK was the fact that they got all these professional poker players lined up as ambassadors for the coin.

sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 09:58:05 AM

Poker will be monetized in BRK eventualy. And you can already purchase it via a credit card.

Monetized , what do you mean by that ?
Are u saying that for every poker account on the site there will be a wallet with the corresponding amount of BRK in it thats moved when u sign up for a tournament ?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 »
  Print  

Jump to: