Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:50:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 [760] 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ... 1231 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | STRATIS | The first blockchain developed for businesses |Full POS  (Read 1890780 times)
techindo

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:14:33 PM

If you think there are better ones then I would think about selling and buying them. I'm not worried if you sell. I think this project has great potential.
Millions of dollars worth of stratis change hands every day so one person selling wont have much effect (unless you are moby dick) Smiley

Some projects have raised too much money IMHO. Too much money can lead to a lack of focus. These guys have enough but not too much.

Plus this project can and will IMHO gain from the input of C# developers everywhere. This is what a successful project needs people who contribute because they want to.
Totally agree that successful projects need contributors on early stage. The further market price does not matter unless developers hold a huge share in the project.
I don't pretend to influence it anyway with my volumes, just asked for opinions.
Btw, I don't see any advantage in coding language (C# over solidity). I am developer myself. There is no difference at all for a developer in which language you will code smart contract.
Contribution isn't enough just at the beginning,
 but during the program there must be a contribution to support a good program.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
viralalert

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 01:51:26 PM

If you think there are better ones then I would think about selling and buying them. I'm not worried if you sell. I think this project has great potential.
Millions of dollars worth of stratis change hands every day so one person selling wont have much effect (unless you are moby dick) Smiley

Some projects have raised too much money IMHO. Too much money can lead to a lack of focus. These guys have enough but not too much.

Plus this project can and will IMHO gain from the input of C# developers everywhere. This is what a successful project needs people who contribute because they want to.
Totally agree that successful projects need contributors on early stage. The further market price does not matter unless developers hold a huge share in the project.
I don't pretend to influence it anyway with my volumes, just asked for opinions.
Btw, I don't see any advantage in coding language (C# over solidity). I am developer myself. There is no difference at all for a developer in which language you will code smart contract.

There is a big difference and if you look at it you can see the advantage. C# is a commonly used programming language in business, in general. Since it is  developed in pure C# and utilizes the .NET framework it is easier to maintain and develop when compared to the traditional C++ Bitcoin Core source code.

What is C#, and Why is it important?

C# (pronounced C sharp) is a high level programming language allowing developers to build .NET applications (.NET is a Microsoft development framework).

Unfortunately Bitcoin was written in C++ - an older programming language. Whilst C++ development was commonplace once, the last ten years has seen an enormous shift to C# based software development in industry. 

There are several advantages to using a higher level language like C#. It is part of the Microsoft .NET platform which gives the developer the possibility of building powerful cross platform code that work on many Operating Systems such as Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, and more. 

Because a wide variety of applications can be written efficiently in C#, it (alongside Java) is the dominant programming language in the IT world.

Given the popularity of C#, there is also a strong supply of developers in the market, and therefore application development is more much viable when compared to development in legacy languages. The Stratis Platform is here to help C# developers build Blockchain based applications, by providing a native C# Blockchain platform.
Khilone7

Activity: 952
Merit: 530

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:45:35 PM

There is a big difference and if you look at it you can see the advantage. C# is a commonly used programming language in business, in general. Since it is  developed in pure C# and utilizes the .NET framework it is easier to maintain and develop when compared to the traditional C++ Bitcoin Core source code.

What is C#, and Why is it important?

C# (pronounced C sharp) is a high level programming language allowing developers to build .NET applications (.NET is a Microsoft development framework).

Unfortunately Bitcoin was written in C++ - an older programming language. Whilst C++ development was commonplace once, the last ten years has seen an enormous shift to C# based software development in industry. 

There are several advantages to using a higher level language like C#. It is part of the Microsoft .NET platform which gives the developer the possibility of building powerful cross platform code that work on many Operating Systems such as Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, and more. 

Because a wide variety of applications can be written efficiently in C#, it (alongside Java) is the dominant programming language in the IT world.

Given the popularity of C#, there is also a strong supply of developers in the market, and therefore application development is more much viable when compared to development in legacy languages. The Stratis Platform is here to help C# developers build Blockchain based applications, by providing a native C# Blockchain platform.

Nice post viralalert.

https://twitter.com/Khil0ne/status/892410796898226177

crypto research

Activity: 669
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:14:43 PM

Contribution isn't enough just at the beginning,
 but during the program there must be a contribution to support a good program.
Of course.
mt55

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:16:40 PM

The thread title says: Stratis - The first blockchain developed for businesses.

Are there any businesses known which will utilize or test Stratis in the future? Everybody is only talking about the Breeze wallet, which is a great product, don't get me wrong. But it seems that this isn't the core of Stratis.

Such products are usually the keys for success. Big part of ethereum success is base on lots of projects/apps/dapps that are developed for this platform.
And breeze is just the beginning of the Stratis history Smiley

Agree.. i mean just look at ETH few months back.. it was struggling at $10 then sudden spike and it goes to $400+

Yes but do you think that Streits could make an Ethereum? I mean, Stratis is great, but is it the same league as Ethereum?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Khilone7

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:29:24 PM

Are there any businesses known which will utilize or test Stratis in the future? Everybody is only talking about the Breeze wallet, which is a great product, don't get me wrong. But it seems that this isn't the core of Stratis.

Such products are usually the keys for success. Big part of ethereum success is base on lots of projects/apps/dapps that are developed for this platform.

Agree.. i mean just look at ETH few months back.. it was struggling at $10 then sudden spike and it goes to $400+

Yes but do you think that Streits could make an Ethereum? I mean, Stratis is great, but is it the same league as Ethereum?

Yes it definitely is.
Somoza927

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:47:53 AM

I think the best moment to release breeze wallet is NOW !!!
 Shocked

Does breeze wallet support bitcoin cash too?
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:42:13 AM

I think the best moment to release breeze wallet is NOW !!!
 Shocked

Does breeze wallet support bitcoin cash too?

I disagree . BIP148 has just been released and the current testnet that Breeze is doing relates to the chain that  was previously using prior to the Aug 1 fork. A couple months of testing will be appropriate for the new chain.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
BitCryp

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:00:53 AM

I've been staking 1000 Strat for about a week now one day says 'expected time to receive reward is 16 days' then the next day it says 20 days the days keep changing why is this how does it actually work ? Ive checked the stratispool and expected reward is 1.2 strat a month seems like a small reward.

I've been seeing the same issues on just over double the amount of strat, and around just under half of your expected reward times, I *think* I may have sussed it out... active connections (hover over the 'graph' between the 'lightning bolt' and the tick in bottom left of your staking wallet). Sometimes I have a very high number like about 51, other times (like now) I have a low number like 16 connections.

I recently (as in a few days ago) added the nodes to the config file in the hope those amount of connections would go up, but no dice, so I can only assume it's my shitty ISP... my comp/wallet is running 24/7 aside from a reboot or two a month, so I don't believe it's related to any kind of catch-up where I closed/opened the wallet after adding the nodes.

Yeh my comp is running 24/7 with wallet unlocked the whole time ,My active connections range from 8-36 ,Im thinking of just pulling it out of the staking wallet i was earning more Strat on the exchange selling high buying low with only a small percentage of my wallet.
niksdt101

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:53:27 AM

as always if you want quick gain go & do the trading..else hodl..cause stratis is the best project and it will come up no matter what !!
BitCryp

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:20:13 AM

as always if you want quick gain go & do the trading..else hodl..cause stratis is the best project and it will come up no matter what !!
I Don't want quick gain i just want to keep my Strat increasing as i know the potential it has ,i always hodl 80% of my wallet buy and sell the rest resulting in profits well exceeding what the staking wallet would have.
mt55

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:36:48 AM

Yes it definitely is.

Time will tell I guess, but Stratis overtaking Ethereum one day is quite an ambitious goal Smiley

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Khilone7

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:52:19 AM

Yes it definitely is.

Time will tell I guess, but Stratis overtaking Ethereum one day is quite an ambitious goal Smiley

We can all live side by side Smiley. But Stratis has the same potential for sure.
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:01:13 AM

Yes it definitely is.

It is quite doable and not ambitious because that is exactly the motivation core Stratis developers need. Eventually it would come down to a matter of choice . Yes Ethereum has gone a long way but this is crypto, development is fast and support from every corner of the globe is there waiting .

████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
tevva
Copper Member

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:13:08 AM

What is the consensus algorithm utilizing stratis blockchain?
ModFather

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:48:44 AM

I've been staking 1000 Strat for about a week now one day says 'expected time to receive reward is 16 days' then the next day it says 20 days the days keep changing why is this how does it actually work ? Ive checked the stratispool and expected reward is 1.2 strat a month seems like a small reward.

I've been seeing the same issues on just over double the amount of strat, and around just under half of your expected reward times, I *think* I may have sussed it out... active connections (hover over the 'graph' between the 'lightning bolt' and the tick in bottom left of your staking wallet). Sometimes I have a very high number like about 51, other times (like now) I have a low number like 16 connections.

I recently (as in a few days ago) added the nodes to the config file in the hope those amount of connections would go up, but no dice, so I can only assume it's my shitty ISP... my comp/wallet is running 24/7 aside from a reboot or two a month, so I don't believe it's related to any kind of catch-up where I closed/opened the wallet after adding the nodes.

Yeh my comp is running 24/7 with wallet unlocked the whole time ,My active connections range from 8-36 ,Im thinking of just pulling it out of the staking wallet i was earning more Strat on the exchange selling high buying low with only a small percentage of my wallet.

Think I might have to do the same actually, I do this with all my other crypto so not sure why it didn't dawn on me it's a far better way to increase my strat than staking... thanks for the lightbulb moment Smiley
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 10:01:37 AM

In cryptos, everything will take some time to increase its price. I have sold many coins of Stratis at the time 50,000 sats but now today it has reached to somewhere which are unexpected, things will happen like this in cryptos.
callback

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:04:21 PM

Any statements here about Bitcoin Cash?
Will your beloved Breeze wallet handle it?
What about BTC1?

Time for denial is over.
jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:28:32 PM

What about BTC1?

Time for denial is over.

Go over to slack channel for more insight about how Stratis will be dealing with this. Devs are active with specific questions such as above.
callback

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:37:55 PM

What about BTC1?

Time for denial is over.

Go over to slack channel for more insight about how Stratis will be dealing with this. Devs are active with specific questions such as above.

No, thanks, have been there and don't like to be handled by off-mouthing circle jerking whiners.
Just too many of them there, let's stick it to good old BCT.
Pages: « 1 ... 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 [760] 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ... 1231 »
  Print  

Jump to: